Legendary Hero Battle (Storm): Ryoma

SatsumaFSoysoy

Obligatory Armor clear! Apologies for the lag, MEmu really hates this map with all these shiny things on it.

This took me several tries to get right. Seriously, that Smoke Dagger Thief can go step on a LEGO embedded with a thumbtack.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

@Kaden Thank you so much for linking that video, my Fjorm is -def so I could not use PM1's guide but the one you linked was perfect!

No problem. I'm not sure which one that I linked was helpful since there were so many of them that I linked.

Speaking of which, はぐれメタル uploaded another strategy which used 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with Reposition and a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 5* New Year's M!Corrin with Bowbreaker 1 and a Def Tactic 3 seal, 5* groom Marth with Draconic Aura, Attack +1, and a Drive Atk 2 seal, and 5* Reinhardt (+Atk, -Spd) with Goad Cavalry equipped and Death Blow 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gvMVoe0EAo.

Marth needs a special of some kind to ORKO the healer on turn 5 at starting on 8:11. He was affected by Atk Smoke 3, -7 Atk, buffed by +4 from Ardent Service+'s effect, and was not in range of Reinhardt's Goad Cavalry, putting him at 43 attack when he attacks the healer who has 41 HP and 28 defense when attack (22 base + 6 Steady Stance 3). 15x2 means he leaves the healer at 11 HP. With 43 attack, he gets 12 damage from DA, letting him do 15 + 27 for 42 damage. Not having Attack +1 meant he would have done 14 + 26 for 40 damage, 1 damage off from taking out the healer. Marth wasn affected by the refined Smoke Dagger thief's debuffs, -6 Atk/Spd/Def/Res, but the defense debuff was negated by the Def Tactic 3 buff, +6 defense, of Corrin/Ike, so he still had 30 defense for Bonfire to give him 15 damage. In that case, Marth would be able to ORKO the healer without Attack +1; he'd do 14 + 29 for 43 damage. With Luna, the healer's defense would have been considered 14 defense. So, same deal, he'd do 14 + 28 for 42 damage. His other strategy was the one with vanguard Ike, New Year's M!Corrin, Finn, and groom Marth that does not work if your Drive Def seal is upgraded to 2. You could maybe work around it.

どうがおきばー used 5* Xander with a Distant Def 3 seal, 5* Reinhardt (+Spd, -HP) with Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, and an Attack +1 seal, 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with Reposition and a HP+3 seal, and 3* Olivia (neutral) with a Speed +1 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7knvsYBta5I. Not sure if 4* Olivia could work.

Wohko used 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Distant Def 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Spur Atk 1 seal, 4* Klein (+Res, -Def) with QR1 equipped and an Attack Smoke 1 seal, and 5* Saias with a Drive Atk 1 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNVbT5xOQY.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Ginko Nice work. There's no way around struggling when it comes to this map and there were a lot of different points where I didn't know how you could win, but you still did it. Some close calls here and there but you really put every one of your unit's strengths to work. Especially Roy's movement to get rid of Ryoma. He himself is dangerous enough, but the fact that he practically ferries that armor and all the ranged units with him with guidance makes this map a terror if you don't use a bow unit.

Thanks man, this team is weak to mage so that green mage must die to Roy's arrows on the first turn. Shiro must kill that lance soldier on first turn too, otherwise all my teammates will get debuff from ATK smoke and fail to kill other units on 2nd turn. Siegbert is the only units who can one round those speedy-bulky archers in this map and wall the ninja on the left side, so the rest of the team can have more space. Roy must kill someone every turn to avoid his death and Azura cannot sing at wrong person when we need more kill or move someone to safety.

I knew it when I saw your Matthew build at the beginning. With Poison Strike and Savage Blow mean that he will carry and spread the damage like no tomorrow. Inigo dancing on Matthew to ensure that everyone will die within his Bonfire piercing damage. Also I like that you didn't touch the left wall to ensure that no one can come out from left side. 

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Zeo Nice. I had trouble too, and I couldn't fit in Kagero into my clear.

@Alexmender @mampfoid @Fei Mao I used a no-dignity three mage one dancer setup instead. But one of them was Bunny Sharena @Vaximillian!

Hey what happened to Celica and Kagero? The competition for a team nomination is steep. 

Nice to see your girls shooting everything to dust, Ryoma didn't see much of a chance. I should work a little on my Lilina too, but you know: the competition. 

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You're neglecting other girls because all you can think of is Eirika?

That's...not too far from the truth, actually. Eirika is still best girl and Eirikalter covers my red mage needs

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Nowi's Husband Dragons never cease to amaze me with their sheer power. I really need to build a Fae.. and even though they have Lightning Breath+ which goes great with Steady Breath, this made me want to do a Light Breath+ with DC build. It's always been more appealing to me, just the aesthetic of basically a DBZ beam rather than puny yellow lightning. Anyways~

I think Light Breath is perfect for PVE where you can overpower the enemies through merges and want to take them all on at once with your buff stats.  Not so good for arena though, fighting other +10s who are evenly matched usually means I just want one on one fights, especially when there is Bold Fighters.  There I go with the cookie cutter SB + LB.  

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Hey what happened to Celica and Kagero? The competition for a team nomination is steep. 

Nice to see your girls shooting everything to dust, Ryoma didn't see much of a chance. I should work a little on my Lilina too, but you know: the competition. 

Kagero was originally in Lilina's slot, and it all works until Ryoma... I just picked Lilina since I use her less often.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry everybody for the late response, today is travel day.

You have spare Ikes? I've seen exactly 1 in all my FEH life. Aether costs 20k feathers and 1 Chrom, Heavy Blade is pretty rare to me. 

That looked like fun, your guys and Mia made it look easy once again. Finally some GF action with Raven too. 

Congratulations! 

Somehow, my least favorite characters like me the most. XD I think maybe I've pulled a total of 4 Ikes? And the first one had a good nature. I've pulled several Brave Ikes as well...and a Legendary Ike when I was pulling for Siegbert. I've got one Ike and one Brave Ike stashed away for a rainy day. Oddly enough, I've pulled several Lucinas, but I like her quite a bit, so I've just been merging her. 

I hope you can get more Heavy Blade fodder in the future! At least it's a seal! 

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria This team proves it's mettle once again. Galeforce Raven and colorless mage Lucius did the usual but quite a couple of things surprised me here. Micaiah surviving the lance fighter and nuking the bowman (though she had bowbreaker), Mia's native Vantage being put to good use and honestly I was jealous of how fast you were able to dispatch Ryoma. He really does make the stage that much harder if you don't get rid of him fast. Lucius put in work but it's hard for me to say there was an MVP here. It was perfect synergy. Also glad to see you got through your video troubles.

I actually recorded this yesterday, but I was feeling under the weather and couldn't bring myself to post so here it is a bit late. This one was actually tough, probably the hardest LHB so far and one of the toughest challenges for my team. To the point I got impatient for the orbs and (after a few tries still) beat it with Rein+Bridelia and dancers and even that was tough. But I was laying in bed unsatisfied so I hopped up and tried again a few times (though I didn't record yet) and eventually I found the key. It would have been cake to do this with a Pain+ staff and Savage Blow x2 but I'm indecisive on which healer is going to get that so I'm hesitant to spend the feathers. All the same I cracked it using Matthew's native Poison Strike 3 of all things. Don't assume Ayra was inactive just because she was in the back for most of this clear, heading up a few tiles was a death sentence for her 95% of the time while I was trying to do this. Had a close call here and there but pulled it off. Little else to say. That armor was a pain in the butt though. Most strategies crumbled just because he was so irritatingly hard to kill.

Enjoy the show. Also I tried beating this map with literally dozens of other units including M!Morgan but I simply can't do it right now. This map demands your very best and while I have plenty of strong units, I have no teams with synergy on the level of my hero team. I doubt I'll be revisiting this map any time soon. I'm content with just this clear.

@Zeo Another beautiful clear. I never get tired of watching the synergy. You make it look so simple...or rather Matthew does. Everyone put in a lot of work here though. I know for me that Safeguard swordsman gave me a LOT of trouble. I kind of really want that sword to pay around with. I feel like I have a few units who would love to play with it. Running Lucius without Pain was a challenge, but I needed the Gravity debuff. Making full use of everyone's HP is always super satisfying. Another great clear. Try not to stress yourself out beating it again, especially if you're still under the weather. 

So my dragons couldn't get it done this time.  I used Gunnthra+3, Kagero (regular), Nowi, and Lene.  Poison dagger desperation and Gunnthra quad ploy, Nowi warding breath Aether, Lene triangle adept to tank the green armor and green mage at times.  

30 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nicely done, I kinda want to build up Sophia now, she just tanked them without much issue. Liking that one shot with Lilina, with her refine is amazing.

@Zeo Cool, congrats on the clear

Thanks! I imagine Felicia can deal with those archers and mages on this map? You just need someone else for Ryoma, probably, unless you timed the Glacies. And some healing.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid maybe @Anacybele  and @Rezzy to be my special guests because it's Tellius team!!

RD is my favourite game of all time so I want to try it a go and it works. It would be nice if the one who sing for them is Rafiel, Leanne or Reyson. Please watch carefully at Micaiah. She will surprise you, I can say. Enjoy the 3 layers of Drive Atk !!

This is my first time to insert a song, hope you like it ^^

12 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid maybe @Anacybele  and @Rezzy to be my special guests because it's Tellius team!!

RD is my favourite game of all time so I want to try it a go and it works. It would be nice if the one who sing for them is Rafiel, Leanne or Reyson. Please watch carefully at Micaiah. She will surprise you, I can say. Enjoy the 3 layers of Drive Atk !!

Meh, I don't care for Micaiah or Sothe much. But good job clearing the map.

I'm going to make a Greil Mercs team if I can get a good Oscar someday. Then he'd join RD Ike, Titania, and Mist.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Meh, I don't care for Micaiah or Sothe much. But good job clearing the map.

I'm going to make a Greil Mercs team if I can get a good Oscar someday. Then he'd join RD Ike, Titania, and Mist.

Thank you and good luck forming your dream team. That team structure would be good for Tactics skill.

I kind of want a Mist too. I don't understand why people hate her as pitybreaker that much. I want her a copy but she never show up.

Edited by Ginko

33 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Oh yes, I'm definitely a Tellius fan.  The only one I don't care for is Sanaki.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh yes, I'm definitely a Tellius fan.  The only one I don't care for is Sanaki.

I think so too, she just have talent with magic at very young age. But that's about it, she didn't do much and join in very late.

47 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Thank you and good luck forming your dream team. That team structure would be good for Tactics skill.

I kind of want a Mist too. I don't understand why people hate her as pitybreaker that much. I want her a copy but she never show up.

Nice, I'll have to consider those Tactics skills then.

Well, she doesn't have amazing stats, that's probably why. She's more eh statwise. But she's my favorite little sister besides Elise, so...

3 hours ago, Ginko said:

Ah, the good old Desperation + Brash Assault trick and it's only barely needed against Ryoma who gets nearly one-shooted. 

Good synergy in this team, congratulations! Also the music is fitting, but I'm not an expert so I don't know the track. 

21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ah, the good old Desperation + Brash Assault trick and it's only barely needed against Ryoma who gets nearly one-shooted. 

Good synergy in this team, congratulations! Also the music is fitting, but I'm not an expert so I don't know the track. 

Yeah, Ryoma is at Micaiah's mercy because if she equip Death Blow 3 it will be a one-shot(good news,I don't want to give it to her now). 

The song is "Anata" from Utada Hikaru, my favourite artist.

Beat it with V!Ike, Reinhardt, Lyon and Lene:

• V!Ike: Only SI Quick Riposte and Reposition, Distant Def 3 SS (+Spd -Res)
  • Reinhardt: The Reinhardt Set, +7 Merge (+Atk -Spd)
  • Lyon: Raven Set with TA, Bowbreaker, Drive Res, Quick Riposte SS, Reposition and Moonbow
  • Lene: Brazen Atk/Def, WoM, Hone Atk, Fortify Def SS, Safeguard+Spd and Dragon Fang (+Def -Res)

Cleared the map with Inigo, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, Olivia.

Needed Gale Dance to blow up that right side Thief. 

On my first clear, Reinhardt was coming up short and he had Moonbow. This vid is after I gave him Atk+2 Sacred seal.

21 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Thanks! I imagine Felicia can deal with those archers and mages on this map? You just need someone else for Ryoma, probably, unless you timed the Glacies. And some healing.

Thanks for the advice, just managed to clear it. Like you said she managed to take out the initial archer and the other mages. I gave her LND, Marisa an Armor Smasher + Axe Breaker. and F.Robin handled the other side.

1 hour ago, Fei Mao said:

Thanks for the advice, just managed to clear it. Like you said she managed to take out the initial archer and the other mages. I gave her LND, Marisa an Armor Smasher + Axe Breaker. and F.Robin handled the other side.

Nice. So that was expensive, huh?