June Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

NEXT MONTH'S THREAD:

Please use the most recent thread if you intend to make posts about future banners. Feel free to use this thread for analysis of trends, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figure it's probably a decent idea to have a list of the most likely heroes to appear on next month's Legendary banner so people will have a better idea of what they want to do with their orbs until then. I'll probably keep doing this every month in a new thread.

CONFIRMABLE: The following heroes named are confirmed to return based on the notifications, leaving the last open slot for a green hero, as neither Gunnthra nor Lyn will return.

• Legendary Ike
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Legendary Robin
  • New Green Legendary Hero - almost certainly Fire with +Res effect. Could be a lot of people, really, though I think it's most likely either an OC or someone from a game without Legendary representation thus far

SEASONALS: Normally, we get 4 seasonals, often 2 from varying banners, and never have we seen 2 of the same color from the same banner. However, since the NY banner only had 3 heroes on it, there's a good chance we'll see a LA banner hero or two. Here are the most probable seasonals listed by likelihood:

• Winter Lissa - I'm 100% certain she'll appear
  • Winter Tharja - extremely likely to round out the Winter banner, though it's possible
  • NY Camilla - highly likely to round out the NY banner, though made slightly less likely by sharing the highly demanded red slot with Tharja. Getting 2 red seasonals is possible, but there are a lot of regular 5 exclusive reds that they can put in as well.
  • LA Roy - arguably most likely of the LA heroes to appear, as he's the only colorless unit until the Spring banner
  • LA Lyn - slightly less likely than Roy, for similar reasons, though blue is better populated with regular 5 exclusives new and old
  • LA Lilina - least likely, shares this potential slot with Hector. More probable that the following banner (July) would have one of these two, along with either Alfonse or Sharena, and then the August banner would have the remaining two
  • LA Hector - least likely, see Lilina

REGULAR 5★ HEROES: A tricky thing to predict, but in theory it should be 4 units, some of which are rather recent.

• Chrom (cavalry) - good odds, a recent red
  • Brave Roy - possible, Sigurd's return on the current banner suggests that they might be bringing back more reds from previous banners. Likewise, Brave Lucina and Lyn have appeared twice on these banners
  • Myrrh - likely, a recent green who hasn't appeared on a Legendary banner due to the glut of green seasonals. This would also be Myrrh's first banner since her release
  • Fallen Robin (M) - less likely, having been introduced more recently and having been on a banner since then 
  • Brave Ike - rather unlikely, despite having similar reasons as Brave Roy, but there's a glut of green seasonals which have more to go through, and have been keeping newer units from appearing
  • Morgan (F) - lowish odds since she's on a current banner, but she'd be the only blue added since Ishtar
  • Other blues - Excepting Ishtar, who is arguably too recent, there are quite a few units who would do well to appear, including Ninian, Nephenee, and Hinoka.
  • Elise - decent odds, they've brought back the colorless heroes from previous Legendary banners twice, suggesting that they might keep with this trend, Elise being the next in line after Innes
  • Hinoka (bow) - decent odds, the only recent colorless 5★ exclusive, it's inevitable that she'll make an appearance on one of the next few banners

MY PREDICTED JUNE LIST: This is my own guess based on everything above, with only the Legendaries and Lissa being the ones I'm certain about:

• Legendary Ike
  • Winter Tharja
  • Chrom (cavalry)
  • New Green Legendary Hero (fire)
  • Winter Lissa
  • Myrrh
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • LA Lyn 
  • Nephenee
  • Legendary Robin
  • LA Roy
  • Elise

FUTURE PREDICTIONS:

• July's hero is slated to be a blue hero, as Fjorm will not be returning until August. This would mean July will have Ryoma, Lyn, Robin, and this new blue hero.
  • As of now, for seasonals, I'd expect to see LA Lilina + Spring Alfonse or LA Hector + Spring Sharena in July and whichever pair doesn't show will be in August
  • For other seasonals, I expect NY Camilla with either Spring Kagero or Catria in July, and whichever Spring unit leftover appears with Bride Tharja in August
Edited by Johann

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Fire Green, my only real idea was Hector, but with us already getting CYL Hector somewhat soonish maybe, and there already being an FE7 Legendary, I dunno how likely that really is.

If we look outside of Lords, a green breath user could work. A legendary Tiki, perhaps? But then again, that could be seen as rubbing it in the face of Marth fans, having the Archanean legendary be not be the main lord.

All I've really got besides that is perhaps we'll get Helbindi being summonable. He uses an axe, a weapon we surprisingly don't have in the green legendary pool yet, and he's definitely associated with fire, thanks to hailing from Muspell. Not gonna lie, I'd be 100% down for that.

As for the other units on the banner, I don't really have any hopes or expectations. I actually kind of hope the new legendary isn't someone I care about, if only because all of other greens are likely to be characters I already have.

This is a really succinct and really well laid out outline, thank you!

So, a green Hero, huh? Unless they add Colourless Daggers in the 6/6 update, the Hero will likely be an axe or Green Tome unit (I don't think we'll get two Green Bows in a row). If so, I put money on Hector. If we do get green daggers though (e.g. because Celica has a coloured Golden Dagger for CYL), then all bets are off, though I would whale so hard for a dagger-wielding Nino. Heck, it'd even make sense as a unit from The Blazing Blade.

Edited by DefyingFates

Veronica fits Res, but not fire. She feels more like Water-Res to me.

Hector fits fire, but not Res. I could see him being any of the three other stats, though, even Spd.

I don't think we'll see Camilla. I'd expect Xander to come before her and for her to come as a Malig Knight with a red tome instead.

Book 2 Tiki or any of the other divine dragons and final boss dragons all feel like candidates for a green Legendary Hero despite the sheer number of green breath units we've been getting recently. Fire-Res feels like a very likely combination to use for the divine dragons.

I want to say Levn and Sety are unlikely, as Sigurd, Seliph, or Julia would be more likely to come first. Julia is possible, but I could totally see them making her a blue tome instead of a green tome for whatever reason or another.

Obviously I'd love a legendary Camilla, but it feels unlikely that they'd do 2 Fates legendaries in a row. However if she did get one, I wouldn't put it mast them to just make her another green axe flier. Didn't bother them making VA Hector or Bride Tharja so similar to their originals. 

Not like they really have to stick to a character that's related to fire or the blessing buff, so they could always just throw some cure ball pick. (I mean who even expected kinshi Ryoma either, not to mention with a +def blessing)

Edited by Alkaid

If there's another Fates legendary hero, I'd expect it to be Xander. Admittedly, we haven't actually seen this in Heroes as much, but there seems to be a type of forced duality between Hoshido and Nohr in some FE media. If Ryoma is a legendary hero on a kinshi with Raijinto, I will not be surprised if we get Xander as a legendary hero on a wyvern with Siegfried. I don't expect any other Fates siblings before Xander.

As for who June's legendary could be ... well, I hope it's not Hector just because that would make it THREE alts Hector would've gotten this year alone. That's just way too overkill -- not even Ike and Roy, who are technically more popular male characters than he is, got that. I'm not expecting it to be an OC, because I want to assume that Hrid and Ylgr, if they are made playable legendary heroes, will be red and colorless. I can't think of anyone else in particular it could be, although it'd be really cool if the next legendary hero was the new lord of FE16 and they happened to wield an axe.

Just a thought.

However, I am wondering ... what is with the overkill number of green legendary heroes? Grima is still our only colorless legendary hero, wondering if any other legendary hero has had as long of a consistent run as she has.

@Ice DragonThose are more or less my thoughts. I'm inclined to also suspect that it'll be a female character since they've been alternating between male and female. Camilla wouldn't surprise me eventually, but I think they're trying to spread the love across as many games as they can, and I don't think they're going to consider Conquest and Birthright separate games in this case.

I'd guess Veronica if it's an OC, and Idunn or Naga if it's a dragon. I could see Idunn being a colorless dragon, alternatively

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think we'll see Camilla. I'd expect Xander to come before her and for her to come as a Malig Knight with a red tome instead.

Xander could be on an undead dragon, his Heart class is Wyvern Rider, and Ryoma's was Peg ("permitting" him Kinshi here).

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want to say Levn and Sety are unlikely

Particularly when neither have a normal version included yet. Then again, Charlotte means they could do special limited time self without standard self in already. But I very much doubt they'd do that, neither char as international recognition.

It's going to be Brigand Boss. Why is he a legendary hero of fire? You dare question his status, ya runts? Why is he buffing resistance? 'Cause he's dropping that wisdom on you naive youngins.

Brigand Boss: Brigand Boss, axe infantry

50 HP, 40 Atk, 37 Spd, 23 Def, and 13 Res.

Brigand Axe: 16 Mt. Grants Atk/Spd +6. Deals 6 damage to unit after combat. 

Assist: Ram Wine: Restores 10 HP and grants +3 Atk/Spd to target ally and adjacent allies.

Special: None.

A passive: Brazen Atk/Spd 3.

B passive: Wrath 3.

C Passive: Odd Resistance Wave 3.

:p

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Ice DragonThose are more or less my thoughts. I'm inclined to also suspect that it'll be a female character since they've been alternating between male and female. Camilla wouldn't surprise me eventually, but I think they're trying to spread the love across as many games as they can, and I don't think they're going to consider Conquest and Birthright separate games in this case.

Haven't they been alternating between female-female-male-male, actually? Legendary Lyn was the hero before Ryoma, so if they're really following a female-female-male-male pattern, it should be a guy ...

Shit, it's going to be Hector.

23 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Obviously I'd love a legendary Camilla, but it feels unlikely that they'd do 2 Fates legendaries in a row. However if she did get one, I wouldn't put it mast them to just make her another green axe flier. Didn't bother them making VA Hector or Bride Tharja so similar to their originals. 

My orbs could not handle this. But I agree this will be unlikely.
Sadly I admit that I'm past the point there my interest for legendary heroes is diminishing. Because the chance that some of the heroes I like will be one of those is quite dim. And I was never the type to get much into protagonists or characters close too. An Antagonistic legendary Hero like Idunn is unlikely. But I would be temped to pull for her.
I think Alm has a chance with a Blue Bow, after June. (Forget that the next will be green)
Green..I hope for Idunn as a Green. (Green because of Fae) 

Edited by Stroud

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Haven't they been alternating between female-female-male-male, actually? Legendary Lyn was the hero before Ryoma, so if they're really following a female-female-male-male pattern, it should be a guy ...

Shit, it's going to be Hector.

Oh yeah, I keep messing up the order in my head. I guess then yeah, male would be more likely if that's anything to go by.

Could be Helbindi!

I wonder if a what if, older Nino could work? She has a Fire affinity in Blazing Blade and she is a mage which could work with the whole buffing resistance thing. Granted, this could just end up being another vanguard Ike situation where she's basically herself with more stats in something. They could put her on a horse or maybe a pegasus...

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I wonder if a what if, older Nino could work? She has a Fire affinity in Blazing Blade and she is a mage which could work with the whole buffing resistance thing. Granted, this could just end up being another vanguard Ike situation where she's basically herself with more stats in something. They could put her on a horse or maybe a pegasus...

It would be beautiful to see her closer to what she was when she mothered Raigh and Lugh. Then again for some it would ruin what makes her so appealing. Call it based on her Sage sprite in FE7, which is grown up.

But talk of Nino and all the chat of Hector beforehand. Lyn wasn't that long ago, a longer break from Blazing variants would be appreciated. Give me something ridiculous like Hauteclere Maria if that is what it takes.

Legendary hero will be Julia, you heard it here first!

It seems likely they won't repeat games just yet with the legendary heroes though. But who knows what theyre thinking over there at this point.

Just realized that next month's banner will have 2 Fire and 2 Earth legendaries. If you're planning to specifically build teams around those blessings, you might wanna save them orbs. Alternatively, this month is possibly the only foreseeable opportunity to summon 2 Water legendaries.

I'm hoping the seasonal lineup sticks to the remaining three of the Winter and New Years banners for the sake of my collecting since I'm missing all of them. I noticed they kicked the habit of brave heroes pervading the legendary banners. That's a shame. We could have had Lyn, LA!Lyn, Legendary Lyn, and Brave Lyn in the same banner.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm hoping the seasonal lineup sticks to the remaining three of the Winter and New Years banners for the sake of my collecting since I'm missing all of them. I noticed they kicked the habit of brave heroes pervading the legendary banners. That's a shame. We could have had Lyn, LA!Lyn, Legendary Lyn, and Brave Lyn in the same banner.

I'd imagine they will, given that they made two seasonal banners that have 3 heroes on them, balancing it out to an even number. Unless they stop the 4 seasonals trend, we're definitely getting at least 1 LA hero, and it's not unreasonable to think they'll finish off the Winter and NY heroes.

Curiously, they're putting seasonals on legendary banners slightly faster than they can add new ones. Unless they cycle in repeat seasonals or something, the legendary banners will likely catch up to the current seasonals around January next year. July's banner ought to give us our first "2nd year" seasonals, if you consider the Hares at the Fair banner to mark that.

I was talking with eclipse yesterday and something I'd love to see for the June legendary hero is Seliph wielding the Naga tome. Jugdral is a continent that hasn't got a legendary hero yet, and Naga is a green tome. However, I don't actually expect this to happen. Aside from Lyn (who just seems to get special treatment for whatever reason), all of the other legendary heroes have been using their canon weapons and Seliph can't even wield the Naga tome. It's just impossible. Unless they want to go with an alternate universe Seliph where he did inherit Major Naga.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I was talking with eclipse yesterday and something I'd love to see for the June legendary hero is Seliph wielding the Naga tome. Jugdral is a continent that hasn't got a legendary hero yet, and Naga is a green tome. However, I don't actually expect this to happen. Aside from Lyn (who just seems to get special treatment for whatever reason), all of the other legendary heroes have been using their canon weapons and Seliph can't even wield the Naga tome. It's just impossible. Unless they want to go with an alternate universe Seliph where he did inherit Major Naga.

I would actually like Naga-using Seliph. Although I don't think we need Alternate World Major Naga Seliph for him to use it, they can just use a thin excuse that in exceptional circumstances at a great exertion of effort, Minors can use Holy Weapons. Sort of like how the Morrises in the Castlevania series were allowed to use the Vampire Killer- comes at a life-draining price when it doesn't for its original wielders the Belmonts (not that Castlevania has the best lore or anything, just one nice idea).

Or we make up a scenario where Julia got killed and as she died magically transferred her blood into Seliph. It could work.

No matter how it happens, Seliph using Naga would seriously help the Helswath, since the only Majors able to use that are both pretty generic baddies. I know Lex is Brave Axe to the soul, but cmon, he'd like Helswath, and Iuchar & Iucharba need something appealing about them. Or for a twist we can give it to Ulster so somebody will actually pull for not-Larcei, except that would canonize AyraxLex, and that can't happen.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:46 PM, Alkaid said:

Not like they really have to stick to a character that's related to fire or the blessing buff, so they could always just throw some cure ball pick. (I mean who even expected kinshi Ryoma either, not to mention with a +def blessing)

Think about it this way, Alk:

-In 15 months or so we'll get Brave Camilla

-Very good chance we'll get a seasonal Camilla on either the summer or Halloween banner

-She's in line for Legendary Hero due to popularity & waifubux

#ByeByeOrbs 

I just made a theory of the legendary banners, and I can conclude the next legendary heroes will be an infantry unit wielding anything that is not a Green Tome.

Here's my theory:

Spoiler

As we can see in the first quartet of Legendary Heroes, they alternated between Female-Female-Male-Male, and 2 movement types, (in that case, 2 Infantry units being the "principal" units, and 2 Cavalry units being the "secondary" units. Then we have this quartet of Heroes, Grima F, who is a Flier, Lyn, who is an Infantry unit and Ryoma who is another Flier. They made this without repeating weapons within the Blessing Cycle. With this, I can say that the next Legendary Hero will be an infantry green, ending with the infantry Cycle. Then it will be Cavalier as the principal with Flier as the secondary, and then Cavalry with Armored, and then Armored with Infantry (I think).

The legendary could be either Helbindi, Hector, Hrid or another hero with a random weapon.

How about a Legendary Ayra with 200 BST and a 2-turn cooldown special Astral Aether?  It combines the effects of Regnal Astra and Aether.  Her regular version is still really good but she doesn't do that great against dragons and amours in Arena.

42 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Think about it this way, Alk:

-In 15 months or so we'll get Brave Camilla

-Very good chance we'll get a seasonal Camilla on either the summer or Halloween banner

-She's in line for Legendary Hero due to popularity & waifubux

#ByeByeOrbs 

I would say Brave Camilla next CYL is uncertain thanks to FE 2018 maybe dropping a new big waifu to bump her down again (like SoV recency got Celica a top spot), but at this rate; >FE 2018 ever getting released, lmao.

Can you imagine the nuclear shitstorm if she actually got both summer alt and a legendary alt this summer?