Fire Emblem Fates: Hacking Beginner Questions

Blue Sun

Hey there all; I've been wanting to create my own sort of Fire Emblem Fates hack (for the Special Edition) and there's a lot I want to do, but I want to handle them all one at a time. To start this off, first I've wanted to alter the stats of the classes, weapons, items, and characters in Fates before I get to things like animations, but if there's one thing I'm still stumped on in how it works and like to confirm, its enemy/npc/joining cast growth rates and their relation to base stats. In FEFEditor, there are terms like Str? right before a number (for example there was Sorcerer with Magic? = 65 or something like that); what I want to know is this: are these terms for the enemy/npc/joining cast growth rates and how they scale with levels, and if so, how do these numbers play off of the base stats? For example, if I have a base stat of 0 for any stat, will any growth number change that through higher levels for enemies/npcs/joining cast or not? And if that stat is 12 instead, is the stat increase based on how high the number is (like if the growth rate is 35% vs it being 85%)?

Hey there, sorry I don't know how to answer your question though. Your thread title was slightly misleading, because it seems like you just started playing the game, rather than wanting tips on how to make a hack for the game.

You may be attracting the wrong people to your thread.

EDIT: Sorry I saw this on the main page before I noticed this was put under Fan Projects. My bad.

Edited by Dandy Druid

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

Hey there, sorry I don't know how to answer your question though. Your thread title was slightly misleading, because it seems like you just started playing the game, rather than wanting tips on how to make a hack for the game.

You may be attracting the wrong people to your thread.

EDIT: Sorry I saw this on the main page before I noticed this was put under Fan Projects. My bad.

It's alright. I still might end up changing the title just a bit anyways.

• Blue Sun changed the title to Fire Emblem Fates: Hacking Beginner Questions