Help make my completed romhack pretty!

Roosterton

Hello all,

A week and a half ago I released a completed 19-chapter romhack called "Heaven's Bloom." However, there are many things on the artistic side of the project which are somewhat beyond the scope of my talent, so I've come here in search of volunteers to help with a few aspects of this.

1. Mugs

I've made mugs for all* the playable characters and major NPCs, but they're fairly sloppy splices of other FE assets, and they aren't 'clean' by any means. Additionally, minor bosses currently just have re-used FE8 mugs, and *two of the playable characters (Hands and Derruk) currently use un-used mugs from base FE8. I would ideally want all of these mugs to be re-done, while keeping things like hair / armour colour intact.

2. Maps

For the prologue and chapters 1-9, I was working with someone who was really good at making maps look aesthetically pleasing. However, he got burnt out for the project, so the rest of the maps were done by me, and I'm much less talented in this regard; there's a noticeable drop in the visual quality of the maps after chapter 9. For this, I would want someone who can touch up these maps in the colour / shading department while retaining the current layout & terrain

3. Music

This is probably the least urgent of my goals. I've written original music for much of the game, but sort of got burnt out and didn't end up doing everything - all the map & battle themes are done, but most of the cutscenes still have FE8 music. I know this is a spriter's forum so it's a long shot, but if anybody is good at composition and wants to send me MIDI files that thematically fit with the music  I've written, I would not be opposed in the slightest. 

Anyone who's played the hack probably also knows that the battle palettes are also a bit of a mess, but somebody has already volunteered to take care of this, and they're doing a really good job so far.

I'll be very grateful for any & all help with these aspects of the project! You'll be included in the special thanks section of the main thread & eventually the in-game credits screen. Just send me a PM so that I can make sure you're not working on the same asset as someone else. 

With that said, hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start :^_^:

Edited by Roosterton

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...