The Life Span of a Loptyr Victim

Jotari

2 minutes ago, FionordeQuester said:

No, no, he could just create multiple Major vessels.  Or...wait, is it possible to have more than one Major vessel per family?

Unless Odo blood is special, the answer appears to be no. But the only way to be certain to get major bloods is to practice the ye old incest. Which given the fact that the characters in universe know is a way to create a new major holy blood, isn't unsupported at all.

Edited by Jotari

59 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

There is a rumor about Galzus

Well to be more precise, Galzus and Maretta are said to have markings on their bodies, and the game never suggests minor holy blood characters have such marks. Although, after giving it a great deal of thought, I think they might. Been kicking around the idea of making a thread about it for a while.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well to be more precise, Galzus and Maretta are said to have markings on their bodies, and the game never suggests minor holy blood characters have such marks. Although, after giving it a great deal of thought, I think they might. Been kicking around the idea of making a thread about it for a while.

There's a family tree from like the 20th anniversary art book or sth that shows Galzus as the son of Ayra and Maricle's sister (placed in front of Maricle in the tree, so either his twin or older). Both the unnamed sister and Maricle have major Odo blood.

anyway Kaga said there is no rules

Edited by Thor Odinson

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

There's a family tree from like the 20th anniversary art book or sth that shows Galzus as the son of Ayra and Maricle's sister (placed in front of Maricle in the tree, so either his twin or older). Both the unnamed sister and Maricle have major Odo blood.

anyway Kaga said there is no rules

Wait, you mean that family tree diagram? Wouldn't that basically confirm that Loptous blood exists through Saias, Arvis' bastard child?

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The page on the site where that's located notes that assumptions have been made regarding Holy Blood.

I missed that bit, still, kaga did say in some interview that there's no real rules regarding holy blood. There's only trends, but no real rules.

So if Julius wants to breed himself a whole gaggle of fresh meat children, then that's what he'd do.  That way he can trash the body he's currently in as much as he wants, and just swap over whenever he wishes to.  It'd be a messed up system, but, I'm not sure how an effectively immortal spirit would go through bodies so quickly. 

Levin, at least, was convinced that the Book of Naga was the only chance they had.  Had poisons and other such assassination methods been effective, I don't think Levin would have been nearly as adamant about that point.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Maybe it's those cases where the evil spirit give the host absolute powers and immunity against everything else, but because human body isn't good enough to withstand so much power so the host were basically dying from the inside out the whole time anyway? 

I know Kaga basically said "this is magic, it's all random okay?!" but the whole "incest mean a lot of major blood carriers running around" is a solid mechanic and common knowledge... I feel like it's very likely the old Loptyr imperial family had a lot of babies and incest arranged marriages.