This FE4 art looks so official

Perkilator

Woah.

That's is some extremely solid artwork. Granted it's not official, but still. It kind of looks like a cross between Echoes and Awakening's artsytles.

Y'know, I wonder what the artstyle would be for a Genealogy remake? I feel like this could work.

15 minutes ago, indigospace said:

Woah.

That's is some extremely solid artwork. Granted it's not official, but still. It kind of looks like a cross between Echoes and Awakening's artsytles.

Y'know, I wonder what the artstyle would be for a Genealogy remake? I feel like this could work.

Yeah I think the artist said she was going for Hidari's Echoes style

3 minutes ago, Roxas said:

Yeah I think the artist said she was going for Hidari's Echoes style

She's definitely got it down pretty well, that's for sure. I can really see it in Leif's portrait, his facial expression kind of looks like Yuzu's in her Echoes art.

Ares and Leif look amazing. Seliph looks nice, though a tad bit too pretty.

Spoiler

I really want to use the Ares one for my PFP. I've been looking for fanart portraits like it for a while.

This looks terrible.

Unless you told me this is officially official artwork, then my opinion would suddenly change.

It isn't bad really, it looks fine, and indeed quite close to SoV's style. But for some reason, I have a hard time being positive towards fanart. 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This looks terrible.

Unless you told me this is officially official artwork, then my opinion would suddenly change.

It isn't bad really, it looks fine, and indeed quite close to SoV's style. But for some reason, I have a hard time being positive towards fanart. 

I don't know about that. That Ares artwork has the right texture, is very clean and has a facial expression good enough for a damaged portrait. Colors are also pretty fine. I think it could definitely pass off as heroes artwork, and I sort of almost like it more than the real FEH Ares' artwork. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But for some reason, I have a hard time being positive towards fanart. 

I don't mean any offense when I say this, but that is a really bizarre opinion to have.  Do you just have a general disdain for fan art, or is it just most of the fan art you've seen has rubbed you the wrong way?

Anyway, they do kinda look sort of like a mix between Awakening and Echoes artstyle, but the fact that they're drawn by an entirely different artist is still evident.  I kinda wanna see them do some other characters from Genealogy in this style.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would be in love if this was official for a remake! A mix between SoV and Awakening which both had amazing art!

And I hope for something like this for FE17, honestly I don't like the art for the new FE too much :c

This artist's quality is somewhat variable.  The portraits are pretty good.  The full-body shots get a little awkward.

Seliph/Ares look good, though!

The art is good, but it doesn't strike me as official. I don't think I'd mistake it for official art that is to say, at least not official art for a Fire Emblem game. Also going to echo what someone said about Seliph's face being a bit off.

Edited by Jotari

I do like the artwork here. The characters are generally well-drawn and the faces are pleasing, and the shading is nice and detailed too.

That said--and this definitely isn't a jab at the artist--I don't think it's fair to compare with official artwork, since the recent mainline games have set the bar really high. Both in terms of style/presentation and detail.

If it was a few years back, it could probably pass for official artwork though. Heck, Genealogy's actual official artwork is quite... something.

Edited by VincentASM