Future Past Morgan

I was just playing Future Past 2 and because I was largely going for conversations I did the one between Morgan and my Avatar. And the thing about that circumstance that got me wasn't the more memorable Strategy Book gift that the Avatar gives to Morgan which gets mentioned in the Hot Spring DLC later on. It's actually something that Morgan says shortly after the Avatar walks away.

top_0202.bmp

I normally forgot about this little detail here and seeing it again just now made me realize that Morgan joining the Grimleal in the Future Past was basically just them begging for things to go back to the way things were before. Further connecting it, the very next line is: " But I cannot strike down the kind and gentle father I once knew... Forgive me, Master Grima. I must withdraw..."

I just find it sad that Morgan grew up in this awful situation. Being willing to kill their own friends just because they want their parent to go back to the way they were before... it's just a hopeless situation full of despair...

I can't remember where I read this but, I read a theory somewhere that the Morgan you get is the one from Future Past. That is how they have two copies of the strategy book, one from Master Grima and the second is the one you gave them in Future Past. Some how the Morgan from Future Past end up traveling back in time and losing there memory, which is a blessing because they can create new wonderful memories and not remember about all those things that happened in Future Past.

I think you might find that I mentioned that at the start.

On 04/06/2018 at 3:52 AM, Light Strategist said:

I was just playing Future Past 2 and because I was largely going for conversations I did the one between Morgan and my Avatar. And the thing about that circumstance that got me wasn't the more memorable Strategy Book gift that the Avatar gives to Morgan which gets mentioned in the Hot Spring DLC later on. It's actually something that Morgan says shortly after the Avatar walks away.

You can actually find the information quite easily by finding the script of Future Past 1 or 2 and Morgan and Cynthia's Hot Spring Scramble conversation.

image.png.e9f757a1ba23e30ee1103b2214342687.png

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Hot-Spring_Scramble/Script

At any rate, I have a theory of my own about why it's the case, but I'd need to dig it out first.