Next banner leaked in game *spoilers within*

TheNiddo

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We don't have either Legault or Leila so that could be a possibility. But counterpoint, Lelia was never actually part of the Black Fang and if Jaffar is there, he'd require an Alt and we've never had two Alts on a new banner before. It could be the first time, sure, but i don't see it happening.

Reinhardt and Olwen alts were both on the Thracia banner.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Yeah, honestly, I gave it a pass the first couple of times but at this point I do wish they kept made up alts for seasonal banners and if they really want to have alts on regularĀ banners have them be canon ones, like say promoted versions (like Knight Chrom) or different canon appearances of characters (like Zelgius). They can still beĀ imaginative here, I mean adult Nino (while never seen in the games, still canonically referenced) would be more interesting than random Pegasus Nino.

It's not entirely random.

Adult :Nino: is less imaginative imo (though not as unimaginative as Helmetless BK)

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

we've never had two Alts on a new banner before. It could be the first time, sure, but i don't see it happening.

Reinhardt and Olwen say hi.

Ā 

~~

Ā 

I kinda wonder if we might get the trailer for this banner a little earlier than usual. I mean, I'm sure they know we've seen it, not much use trying to keep it a secret now. I don't really care about Nino, so I'll be looking to the other characters on the banner for some reason to pull. Not sure who exactly from Blazing Blade would get me to pull, but Canas would probably be a good start.

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Edit: @ArmagonĀ alt Reinhardt and alt Olwen would say otherwise.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Reinhardt and Olwen alts were both on the Thracia banner.

1 minute ago, C. Turtle said:

Reinhardt and Olwen say hi

That's right, i completely forgot about that. That's what happens when you kinda stop playing the game for a while.

Still though, i doubt we'd getĀ fourĀ Alts in a new banner.

Actually, i just realized, Nino isn't the first to seemingly get a random Alt. Reinhardt and Olwen got them too and it's less of an Alt and more of just different poses. Hopefully Nino's Alt actually looks distinct enough but it seems giving Alts to minor characters really isn't out of the question anymore.

Ā 

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Still though, i doubt we'd getĀ fourĀ Alts in a new banner.

It's not as unlikely as you think. Fallen Heroes (if you want to include Possessed!Takumi as part of the set) was 3 alts (4 if we eventually get normal Hardin).

yayyyyy we like recycling so much!

recycling makes the world better!

Ā 

btw, i hope the banner's other units are people like pent, louise or erk

I thought that Binding Blade would finally get a banner now that every single other game/generationĀ has had one. I'm still rooting for Pent and Louise to make it in, but I can't help, but be a little disappointed about this.

I can still see the spoiler image, but I'm surprised we don't have the trailer itself already. The banner comes out tomorrow, doesn't it?

On topic, I didn't think Nino would ever get an alt so now I'm beyond thrilled. I know alts have a bad stigma and I get why, but let Nino have this. She deserves the best :3 (I'm sure the alt is because of how popular/ memetic she became through FEH, but I can work with that.)

Edit: Just saw the trailer. And I see Canas!!!

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Here's a thought. If this is an FE7 banner and it is the Four Heroes one, what if it's referring to the Black Fang and the banner consists of Nino, Jaffar, Legault, and Leila?

Leila & not Linus? No 1 ever remembers Linus. That makes me kinda sad

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Leila & not Linus? No 1 ever remembers Linus. That makes me kinda sad

Oh people remember Linus (I think), I just donā€™t believe anyone believed he would be putĀ on a banner. Heā€™s been rightfully placed on a GHB.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Oh people remember Linus (I think), I just donā€™t believe anyone believed he would be putĀ on a banner. Heā€™s been rightfully placed on a GHB.

Wohoo! Free unit!

Ā 

Please don't look like a drug addict!

Edited by Zangetsu

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

It's not as unlikely as you think. Fallen Heroes (if you want to include Possessed!Takumi as part of the set) was 3 alts (4 if we eventually get normal Hardin).

I wouldn't count Fallen Hardin as an Alt since he's the first Hardin we got. If anything, when regular Hardin joins, he'd actually be the Alt in this case. And Fallen Takumi is a GHB so he doesn't count so Fallen Heroes still had two Alts.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wouldn't count Fallen Hardin as an Alt since he's the first Hardin we got. If anything, when regular Hardin joins, he'd actually be the Alt in this case.

Is that also your stance on Charlotte and Shigure? Hardin's situation is no different.

Hardin's internal nameĀ is "HARDIN_DARK", which implies that this is not intended to be a "normal" version of him.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is that also your stance on Charlotte and Shigure? Hardin's situation is no different.

While I agree that the vanilla character is the main unit and not the first one, Shigure in the Catalogue existsĀ and is stupid.

...Then again, the Tellius set is butchered by sorting by game, so I dunno if I consider that indicative as opposed to lazy/uninformed.

3 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

While I agree that the vanilla character is the main unit and not the first one, Shigure in the Catalogue existsĀ and is stupid.

They sort by game, then by character, then in release order. Performing Arts Shigure therefore sorts before vanilla Shigure.

Ā 

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...Then again, the Tellius set is butchered by sorting by game, so I dunno if I consider that indicative as opposed to lazy/uninformed.

It still follows the proper sort order, though. Despite the time difference between Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance being roughly the same as between Mystery of the Emblem and Shadow Dragon, characters received new designs in Radiant Dawn that cause them to be split by game based on which game's design is used.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They sort by game, then by character, then in release order. Performing Arts Shigure therefore sorts before vanilla Shigure.

Ā 

It still follows the proper sort order, though. Despite the time difference between Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance being roughly the same as between Mystery of the Emblem and Shadow Dragon, characters received new designs in Radiant Dawn that cause them to be split by game based on which game's design is used.

I distinguish between "order they have set" and "order that actually means something". Yes, it follows the former.

Doesn't help that the Catalogue is sorted by Origin in the inventory, and I canĀ neverĀ get over RD Ike being separate from the other Ikes by a literal haircut. It's just mildly frustrating when I actually have to deal with it gameplay-wise.

9 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I distinguish between "order they have set" and "order that actually means something". Yes, it follows the former.

It could be worse. It could be like sorting by PokƩmon's National PokƩdex number.

At least this order makes sense.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It could be worse. It could be like sorting by PokƩmon's National PokƩdex number.

At least this order makes sense.

Whatever is the issue here? Other than separating Pokes from evolutions and pre-evolutions obtained in later games?

Admittedly, the series doesn't give a rhyme nor reason why Bulbasaur is no. 1 and no. 333 is Swablu, or any other Pokemon given any other number.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I wouldn't count Fallen Hardin as an Alt since he's the first Hardin we got. If anything, when regular Hardin joins, he'd actually be the Alt in this case. And Fallen Takumi is a GHB so he doesn't count so Fallen Heroes still had two Alts.

Technically Shigure from theĀ  Wings of Fate banner is an alt, but many don't see it that way.

My point is, there has been an instance where we got a permanent character banner that was mostly (if not entirely, depending on your point of view) alternative characters.