New Heroes: Scattered Fangs

Baldrick

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Still not adding Pent I see, yet a failure of a unit like Karla is fair game? That's just weird.

I'm glad Linus is in. I just hope he doesn't end up looking as if he's brain damaged like Lloyd's artist made him look.

Canas was a very good choice. Just about everyone likes him so he's good fanservice. I don't think Nino really needed an alt but given her popularity I can let it slide.

This banner is a bit disappointing.  And Nino's pegasus line makes my brain hurt.

At least the Fir/Bartre/Karla family can all be together now, I suppose.  Having full unit families is always nice.

Canas is easily the best thing about this and he's probably going to be free.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nino is as cute as a button but... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. LLOYD NEEDED THAT ALT MORE THAN SHE DID.

As much as I like the Black Fang, the 3 we have are underwhelming performance-wise and not the best art. Linus is my least favorite member too. Ah well. Nino reporting in for a wholesome Green Mage Flier.

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

"The King's Demise".

Wow, really? Didn't think it'd happen so fast.

Of course, he's not even the main baddy obviously. I knew super boobz Loki had an agenda. Plus she's apparently the flare princesses' mother

Edited by Midnox

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

In Hector hard mode Lyn dies much easier than Eliwood and is an unreliable dodgetank (not purely based on my experience, but from tierlist explenations that several FE veterans who know the game well have written and documented). Eliwood is bad, but he can take a hit from most enemies as they are slow, he has better defensive stats and his promotion is a lot more worth investing in than Lyn. Lyn, at best, is a horsekiller who'll take damage from counterattacks and then needs healing. There is a part in the game with valkyries with unusually high speed, but there are better units to tackle the job than Lyn. Yes, her stat gains from her promotions are great and it's what she needed statwise, but her promotion doesn't fix her problems that she still faced while unpromoted: footlocked unit who can't 1-2 range and has poor attack.

So you are saying Eliwood is better in one of three modes? Fair enough, I don't have problem with that.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elibe's Excalibur is the only one that's been inaccurate. Everything else going by the name of "Excalibur" actually is "Excalibur".

Having not played Fates and having not gotten far in Awakening, so only based on their stats, my assumption is that their Excalibur weapons are intended to be the same Excalibur as Akaneia's Excalibur as they all share the high critical hit rate and effective damage against flying, which is why they all share their Japanese name.

Awakenings is most definitely supposed to be the old Excalibur (almost every Regalia weapon in Awakening is lifted from another game, with exceptions given to the Valmese Regalia (Wolf Berg, Amatsu, and Vengeance) and Goetia, plus it's the weapon Merric has in his Spotpass battle), and Fates... well, none of the S rank weapons in Fates actually seem to have a backstory, so not sure there. It's just as plausible as it being no more than really strong wind magic.

Magvel's Excalibur, then, is the only other Excalibur Tome (excluding the spell in Valentia) that has no relation to the tome from Archanea, and it's an edited Gigascalibur with no concrete "canon wielder"... actually, Gigascalibur in Heroes takes far more from its Magvel interpretation than it does from Elibe...

I also just noticed that the tome Canas is carrying looks like RaudhrOwl, so that'll be neat. Might have to promote him to give a new weapon to my WE!Tharja and finally take a moment to build one very smiley Plegian...

Edited by Xenomata

This banner is super hype.  All three have amazing weapons.  We also finally get a new character with Wrath.  I'm summoning for all three, and might fodder off Legault's weapon to Kagero, depending on his stats.  Nice to see Karla and Legault added and Nino getting an alt.  Flier Emblem 'bout to get another one added to their roster.

20 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

This banner is super hype.  All three have amazing weapons.  We also finally get a new character with Wrath.  I'm summoning for all three, and might fodder off Legault's weapon to Kagero, depending on his stats.  Nice to see Karla and Legault added and Nino getting an alt.  Flier Emblem 'bout to get another one added to their roster.

What's amazing about Legault's weapon is that the foe still has buffs even when panicked. Similar situation to Eirika's Sieglinde as she can still get the buffs from panicked allies. The amount of damage on weakened defense : )

42 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

So you are saying Eliwood is better in one of three modes? Fair enough, I don't have problem with that.

He's considered less worse than Lyn on the hardest difficulty

25 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Excalibur, Dark excalibur, Giga Excalibur. What next the True Excalibur? Nice to see Karla on the banner, but I"m going to be skipping it due to me not being too familiar with the FE7 cast.

Grafcalibur and Aircalibur

Edited by silveraura25

I wanna love the Nino alt. Truly I do.

But Giga Excalibur has me all kinds of disappointed overall. Depending on her statline I can see it's use and practicality, but at the same my brain also tells me that she'll probably just want a Gronnblade if she's in a flier team. (She's obviously gonna be speedy, but will she be nukey?) Like Giga could also be good... assuming Nino survives a single hit from an enemy, which if she can, she probably OK-O's them anyway.

Karla could be interesting but again, sword in a game with a lot of strong sword units it's tough competition. (Though another unit with Wrath is nice.)

The dagger seems very... niche so I've got my reservations on that too for now. Hopefully it isn't AS niche as I expect it to be.

Overall until I know the statlines for absolue sure, I'll probably keep saving my Orbs. (Went too far in for Bridal Ninian so I have to be careful in case CYL2 ever happens.)

Nice to finally get Canas and Linus. Based on the lack of formal announcement for Canas, I'm guessing he'll be some sort of quest unit, like Kaze.

Nino is in the frustrating position for me of being near the bottom of the threshold for units I want to pull for. I'm not especially excited for her, but I know that if I don't get her, I'll wish I had. In any case, it's nice to get a green tome flier in the regular summoning pool, and I'd previously speculated about an alt Nino on the next FE7 banner. Better than another alt for a lord with two or more versions already. Maybe soon we'll get another red tome flier?

Karla and Legault are neat. Always good to get more of the lower-profile units.

Linus coming is cool, I've been waiting for him since they put out the first GHB schedule last year. I hope he gets good art.

If the Surtr saga is coming to an end I'm fine with that, I got a little fed up of him a while back anyway.

Karla's C skill is interesting, though I'm saving orbs just now for a Micaiah banner so I don't know if I'll try for that.

All right I'm surprisingly excited for this. I still don't have mage fliers so despite not being so hot on alts at least Nino is a character I like. Never ever imagined to see Legault and Canas coming to the game, and Legault looks good. And finally Linus! Can't wait to see his art, just hoping it's not by Lloyd's artist. Karla is unfortunately the most disappointing of the bunch and also the most random; would've liked to see Leila or a morph in her place.

Also, is that a new mix of the Black Fang theme? It sounds slightly different from the original to me.

Edited by Book Bro

11 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

All right I'm surprisingly excited for this. I still don't have mage fliers so despite not being so hot on alts at least Nino is a character I like. Never ever imagined to see Legault and Canas coming to the game, and Legault looks good. And finally Linus! Can't wait to see his art, just hoping it's not by Lloyd's artist. Karla is unfortunately the most disappointing of the bunch and also the most random; would've liked to see Leila or a morph in her place.

Canas was 89 in the last CYL, so he wasn't horribly far down. Even Legault was just in the top 200 (199) - I think on the last one. Searched it up this morning but can't double check if I'm remembering right (I could be remembering where someone else came instead, as I was searching up everyone I had really wanted to see on an FE7 banner).

Legault's art looks great, at least. I hope he does drop as I have no wish to pull on this banner. I don't dislike any of the characters and I'm happy to see all the new people in, but none of them are amongst my favourites, and I wish an alt hadn't been added yet again (though a friend of mine will be over the moon with Legault getting in). I'll keep praying Sain drags Kent into the game in a future banner (since that's my only real hope for Kent getting in, likely with the 10th Lyn alt).

Edited by Cute Chao

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

What's amazing about Legault's weapon is that the foe still has buffs even when panicked. Similar situation to Eirika's Sieglinde as she can still get the buffs from panicked allies. The amount of damage on weakened defense : )

If it works anything like Litrblade, Clorox won't get an Atk boost from negative bonuses.

Can you check that with Sieglinde and make sure you're not getting those buffs off of a different unit that isn't Panicked?

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If it works anything like Litrblade, Clorox won't get an Atk boost from negative bonuses.

Can you check that with Sieglinde and make sure you're not getting those buffs off of a different unit that isn't Panicked?

@Charmeleonbrah My bad. I got it mixed up since it's so convoluted. Panic status is a debuff, but harsh command won't work on units affected with panic. But if a unit has +4 atk buff and -5 atk debuff, then Eirika will still get that +4 buff. Panic is so convoluted. My appreciation of Legault's dagger slightly decreased, but it'll still have it's uses

21 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

My bad. I got it mixed up since it's so convoluted. Panic status is a debuff, but harsh command won't work on units affected with panic. But if a unit has +4 atk buff and -5 atk debuff, then Eirika will still get that +4 buff. Panic is so convoluted.

All you need to do is think in terms of bonuses and penalties instead of buffs (implies positive) and debuffs (implies negative).

• Penalties are always negative.
  • Bonuses are positive normally and negative when under Panic.
  • Panic is a persistent effect, not a one-time sign flip from positive to negative. As long as the unit has the Panic status, all bonuses will always be negative, even bonuses received after Panic is inflicted.
    • Think of Panic as a lens or mirror that flips the sign. Under the hood, the bonus is still positive, but when you perceive it, it's negative.
  • Bigger numbers (farther from zero) overwrite smaller numbers (closer to zero), regardless of positive or negative.

If you think of things in terms of bonuses and penalties, things become easy:

• Litrblade only works off of positive bonuses. Negative bonuses and penalties are always ignored.
  • Blizzard only works off of penalties. Bonuses are always ignored regardless of sign.
  • Harsh Command converts penalties into bonuses. It does nothing to negative bonuses because negative bonuses aren't penalties.
Edited by Ice Dragon

I'll pull from this banner because I like FE7 but I'm disappointed about Canas. Another awesome character not getting what he deserves, that being IVs and being mergeable to +10. He'll be joining the ranks of Joshua and Fin in that awesome disappointing characters group...

Mayb I save a Legault for when I merge Kagero more and she's on my Tier 19/20 roster.  She'll have a better chance at killing buffed armors/dragons/etc.

Also, I have this feeling that Karla will have Ayra-like BST.  It's unwarranted from her somewhat mediocre FE7 stats, but she gets two primo skills with a Legendary Weapon.  

@Ice DragonThanks!

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wonder if Dull Ranged + The Cleaner means that you can cancel out their buffs but then still get the buff from it, that would be pretty interesting.

I'm also quite curious, but "neutralize" sounds like they'll disappear

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wonder if Dull Ranged + The Cleaner means that you can cancel out their buffs but then still get the buff from it, that would be pretty interesting.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm also quite curious, but "neutralize" sounds like they'll disappear

I'm pretty sure pairing Dull Ranged and Lysol together will result in Windex's bonus Atk effect being completely nullified.

Dull Ranged's exact effect is to ignore the existence of the opponent's positive bonuses during combat, which means Febreze should theoretically treat the opponent as having no positive bonuses.

There's literally only one weapon in the game that currently runs off of the opponent's bonuses, but it's enemy-only (Laegjarn's Niu), meaning it'll never be run with Dull Ranged.