New Heroes: Scattered Fangs

Baldrick

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That BB banner is definetely long overdue, but I'm wondering if we'll get any alts from it.  Who the heck would even be the alt for it? A Binding Blade alt for Roy would have a silly name. If there's going to be an alt then I'd rather it be Sophia since that'll be the only alt I'll ever accept. She needs better artwork

Yes! I want a Sophia Alt! But please wait to August! I need to save orbs! (I need to get Nino first).

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't mind Roy with a Rapier, but I definitely wouldn't say no to any number of Sophia alts. Looooooooong hair is justice.

Looooooooong hair is justice indeed!

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Yes! I want a Sophia Alt! But please wait to August! I need to save orbs! (I need to get Nino first).

Looooooooong hair is justice indeed!

We'll get a 5-star Sophia with 50 BST.  She can be the worst unit in two games then.  ;P

6 hours ago, silverserpent said:

She said that jokingly...or did she?

Who knows. These revelations are usually true, but I won't take any word caming out of Loki's mouth for granted unless proven otherwise. What it's certain is that she's a bigger threat than Surtr, as she's obviously using him. Who knows if she's working for that dark deity who cursed the Emblan royal family, if not being it herself 

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Actually, if this is to be believed, Karla was the highest rated female unit who hasn't been added to Heroes yet (she is number 26).

Oh, the poll from a decade ago. I remember that.

Fiora is rank 23.

I'm not attached to fe7 or a lot of it's characters so this banner is an easy skip. Karla looks nice but I have no need for yet another infantry sword unit and the character I do really care about is going to free. I also happen to like Nino but I also don't need her. My orbs are safe for the time being.

@Glaceon Mage I'm with you. FE7 is probably in my top 2-3 FEs, but the two units I'm most excited about are Linus and Canas. Legault seems kind of nifty and I like him quite a bit, but I'm not going to be sad if I don't get him like I was/am with Ares. Much as I like Nino and am fine with Karla, eh to both of them. Having now gotten Hinoka and Summer Corrin, I'm fine as far as ranged fliers go, and Michalis and Myrrh cover my green flier needs well enough.

53 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Nino's Pegasus line is another reminder of how uneducated she was raised as.  It's pretty new to her even though it's common knowledge to others.  In her Florina support she says she's never seen one before.

"Perfect lolis don't exi-"

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I went to bed early so I just saw the video now.  I am so happy about Canas being free because it means I will get him for sure instead of hoping I get lucky and I am also happy about Legault because I have always liked him.  I will take colorless as my free pull and skip since I don't need the girls and while I like Legault I don't want to spend a lot of orbs on him when it looks like he will be the one to drop to 4*.  With Canas I can finally complete my Saiyuki "look alike" team which I have been wanting to do for awhile, in the words of Odin "so excited!".

I can only hear that phrase in his voice now xD

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Actually, if this is to be believed, Karla was the highest rated female unit who hasn't been added to Heroes yet (she is number 26).

I don't have the patience to search for Karla's name in the CYL polls, but... well those at least are numbers.

I didn't look her up in CYL1 but I checked in CYL2 and she was in the 200s somewhere, Can't remember where off the top of my head, though. Louise was definitely higher than her. Not sure about the rest of the females.

I think it's nice she's added to complete the family, but she made no impact on me in the game. I'd love to see Farina added, out the remaining females, as well as Louise and maybe Isadora. Most of the ones I want are the guys, though. So many left in that I adore v.v

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, the poll from a decade ago. I remember that.

Fiora is rank 23.

Fair enough, also goddamnit I read it wrong (read the placements in columns, not rows).

17 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I didn't look her up in CYL1 but I checked in CYL2 and she was in the 200s somewhere, Can't remember where off the top of my head, though. Louise was definitely higher than her. Not sure about the rest of the females.

If this can be believed, Karla was placed 35th among only Blazing Sword candidates of CYL1, and 307th overall. Louise was 34th among BS units, and 306th overall.

Second CYL, by my counting, she placed 24th among only Blazing Sword candidates, and 262nd overall. Louise, in comparison, was 5th among BS units, and 72nd overall.

In CYL2, Limstella, Leila, and Louise are higher than Karla. Of them, Leila isn't playable, Limstella I can't tell the gender of also they are an enemy, and Louise is Louise.

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Fair enough, also goddamnit I read it wrong (read the placements in columns, not rows).

If this can be believed, Karla was placed 35th among only Blazing Sword candidates of CYL1, and 307th overall. Louise was 34th among BS units, and 306th overall.

Second CYL, by my counting, she placed 24th among only Blazing Sword candidates, and 262nd overall. Louise, in comparison, was 5th among BS units, and 72nd overall.

In CYL2, Limstella, Leila, and Louise are higher than Karla. Of them, Leila isn't playable, Limstella I can't tell the gender of, and Louise is Louise.

Ahhh, fair enough :) Surprising how far up Louise went in CYL2. I remembered her being higher, but only checked the second just to see. Personally, I'd've rather seen Leila than Karla, and she suits the Fang theme more, but oh well.

42 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

@Glaceon Mage I'm with you. FE7 is probably in my top 2-3 FEs, but the two units I'm most excited about are Linus and Canas. Legault seems kind of nifty and I like him quite a bit, but I'm not going to be sad if I don't get him like I was/am with Ares. Much as I like Nino and am fine with Karla, eh to both of them. Having now gotten Hinoka and Summer Corrin, I'm fine as far as ranged fliers go, and Michalis and Myrrh cover my green flier needs well enough.

Canas is the only unit I really have any excitement for.  Never really cared for Linus or Karla.  Legault’s okay I guess.  Nino I like as a character but I can’t bring myself to care much in the wake of the disappointment of no FE6.  And also she doesn’t have Erk or Lugh to complete the family, which sucks tbh.  

FE7 spoilers concerning Canas and Nino, I think.

Spoiler

Nino might be Canas' niece, so that may be why he's here.

Also, they didn't mention anything about another tempest trial, so Canas is probably gonna be a grand conquest reward. Anyways, for me personally, I'm just gonna try to get Karla and Nino, the former possibly for skill fodder and the latter since I don't have a green mage flier yet, and that's it because I wanna save up to get Summer Gaius and Winter Tharja.

Looking back at it, this banner really should have been more about Nino instead of trying to brand it as a Black Fang banner. Karla still makes no sense though.

35 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Limstella I can't tell the gender of also they are an enemy

Well Limstella is genderless so they are supposed to look androgynous. Wouldn’t be surprised if Limstella was made more feminine looking, assuming they ever make it in, just to bait people with another potential waifu.

I’m surprised to know that Limstella did better than Karla though. Never would have expected them to be decently popular.

5 minutes ago, Larverto said:

FE7 spoilers

Not, maybe she definitely is.

Okay, it finally clicked into my brain that Karla's Vassal Blade and Giga Nino's Giga Excalibur are basically speed versions of Leif's Lightbrand. I thought they required them to activate specials to get their speed check effect and that their maximum damage bonus was +7 damage which if it was the case, would probably make Karla's Vassal Blade way crappier than Ayra's Regnal Astra, Fir and Karel's Nameless Blade, and Mia's Resolute Blade. That's not the case, instead, as long as they're faster than their opponent, they get a damage boost of 70% of the difference between their speed of which +7 is the max.

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Man is Vaida your least favourite character or something? 

If you read all of her supports, you can see they're consistently bad. She gets 7, which is the most any character in FE7 gets, but their general level of quality is the same as cleaning alcohol's as a beverage. 

The issue is Vaida is just too egotistical and antagonistic, she continually harasses and expresses only antipathy to her support partners. The Canas, Merlinus, and Karla are all atrocities that match this description.

For a sample of how terrible it can get, let us see her Canas:

Spoiler

C Support

Vaida: Hey, you!
Canas: Oh, hello there. I am called Canas.
Vaida: Who asked you, worm-bait! And what are you doing, reading in the heat of battle?
Canas: Ah, yes. This is “The Dragon-Human War: An Annotated Chronicle.” It’s about the war one thousand years ago between humans and…
Vaida: I don’t care what book you’re reading! I want to know why you’re even reading in the first place!
Canas: Oh. I see. Forgive me.
Vaida: I can’t believe we’re fighting on the same side! Who’s running this army? I hope they don’t expect me to fight for both of us! Now get out of my way, unless you want to get stepped on!
Canas: Ahh… Pardon me.

B Support

Vaida: Pfeh. You again? Just my luck to have to share the battleground with a gnat like you…
Canas: Vaida, it has been a while.
Vaida: Are you still wasting your time studying that ridiculous babble? You never give up, do you?
Canas: No, I never do stop studying! Knowledge is its own reward, Vaida! By the way, this is “Dark–
Vaida: I didn’t ask you, troll!
Canas: Ah. Forgive me.
Vaida: Why do I have to be paired with a useless wastrel like you!? It’s infuriating! Give me that!
Canas: Hey! That’s a very rare book! And it’s mine!
Vaida: Umbriel! Tasty, tasty! Eat it up!
Canas: No, please don’t… Ohh… Ohh… Why does he have to devour it as if it were so…appetizing?

A Support

Vaida: Hey, you! I thought I taught you a lesson, and here you are, reading again!!
Canas: Ah, er… Hello, Vaida. I am indeed reading. This is–
Vaida: I didn’t ask!!
Canas: Ah. Well, excuse me. I thought I would bring a book today that you might find interesting… It is about wyvern-mounted combat…
Vaida: Wyverns?
Canas: Yes. Do you know of them? They are rather mysterious creatures. According to this book, they are all white and normally appear in lakes… And it says that they cry “Scraw!” from time to time. Just once, I sure would like to see a real one…
Vaida: Are you…stupid?
Canas: Hm? Was my description inaccurate?
Vaida: You scholars are all bumbling fools! Give me that useless book! Umbriel! Here’s some more light reading!
Canas: Oh dear, not again! And he finds that one… positively irresistible, doesn’t he…

The Wallace is no better than average, owing to Wallace willing to be confrontational back to her.

The Heath and Harken supports are her saving graces, these alone puts her in a very long stay in Purgatory instead of an eternal trip to Beelzebub. Why? She actually develops and stops being hostile to her partner here.

The Dorcas? Remember that NoA Saizo-Beruka? This might have inspired it:

Spoiler

C Support

Vaida: Hm? What’s this? No one here? I thought I was supposed to meet someone here! Those blasted kids from Lycia. They sent me to the wrong place! Well, no matter. I’ll show those brats. Bloody moppets!
Dorcas: …No one’s here. I thought I was supposed to meet up with someone. Oh, well… I’m better off on my own anyhow.

B Support

Vaida: What is this!? Some cruel game? Who do they think they’re toying with!? Bah… It was that Eliwood who sent me here! To meet his pal, Dorcas… The one with the pretty little thing fretting at home. So why’d he leave her, the big oaf! If I know men, it’s because he’s another scoundrel. I bet he’s got a girl in every village this side of the mountains! Well, he’s no hero at all, in my book! …Where are they?! Grarr! I give up! What good are these useless man-heroes?!
Dorcas: …Not again! But I checked the place and time… Vaida was supposed to be here… The one who betrayed Bern for Prince Zephiel… She would give anything to discharge her duty to him. They say she is pure, but a bit too idealistic. Ideals… Ha!! She must be young. Well, she’s nowhere to be seen. Very well. Then I will return. I hope that young girl is staying out of danger…

A Support

Vaida: ……
Dorcas: …? You…?
Vaida: Yeah? What are you gawking at!? Are you looking for a beating?
Dorcas: …… A “pure girl who is true to her ideals”… Surely it can’t be her…
Vaida: Huh? What are you mumbling, ape?
Dorcas: …Nothing. I beg your pardon.
Vaida: Hold there!
Dorcas: What is it?
Vaida: …… A scoundrel with a girl in every village… Surely it can’t be him…
Dorcas: Did you say something?
Vaida: No. Mind your business.
Dorcas: Ah. Fine then. So I failed again…
Vaida: When is that useless man going to arrive!?

That is the epitome of bad and gimmicky- in no way a good support.

In short, of 7 supports, Vaida has 2 good, 1 neutral, and 4 really bad. Which overall is a very bad record. Although Ilyana has it worse actually- 5/5 awful ones, the bits of humor do so little.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

That BB banner is definetely long overdue, but I'm wondering if we'll get any alts from it.  Who the heck would even be the alt for it? A Binding Blade alt for Roy would have a silly name. If there's going to be an alt then I'd rather it be Sophia since that'll be the only alt I'll ever accept. She needs better artwork

Disembodied Fire Dragon glitch Fae. Need more dragon emblem. 

Do not expect Sue, Sin, or Dayan by the way, Lyn is the only Sacaen to ever learn how to ride a horse and shoot a bow. In fact, nobody in FE has ever learned that technique outside of Heroes.

On that note, anyone want to speculate who would be on a FE6 banner? Lugh for the love of Elimine please! On the topic of family reunions, since Shanna won a VG, Thite might happen (Juno is too old to be popular). Since we have a severe shortage of sword infantry, Dieck or Rutoga would be amazing. Can't think of a TT pick. For GHB, will we get the Maiden of Darkness: Idunn? Brunnya? Murdock? Galle? I doubt Yuan.

Who from FE6 ranked the highest on CYL2 by the way? Was Melady at all popular?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you read all of her supports, you can see they're consistently bad. She gets 7, which is the most any character in FE7 gets, but their general level of quality is the same as cleaning alcohol's as a beverage. 

The issue is Vaida is just too egotistical and antagonistic, she continually harasses and expresses only antipathy to her support partners. The Canas, Merlinus, and Karla are all atrocities that match this description.

For a sample of how terrible it can get, let us see her Canas:

Reveal hidden contents

C Support

Vaida: Hey, you!
Canas: Oh, hello there. I am called Canas.
Vaida: Who asked you, worm-bait! And what are you doing, reading in the heat of battle?
Canas: Ah, yes. This is “The Dragon-Human War: An Annotated Chronicle.” It’s about the war one thousand years ago between humans and…
Vaida: I don’t care what book you’re reading! I want to know why you’re even reading in the first place!
Canas: Oh. I see. Forgive me.
Vaida: I can’t believe we’re fighting on the same side! Who’s running this army? I hope they don’t expect me to fight for both of us! Now get out of my way, unless you want to get stepped on!
Canas: Ahh… Pardon me.

B Support

Vaida: Pfeh. You again? Just my luck to have to share the battleground with a gnat like you…
Canas: Vaida, it has been a while.
Vaida: Are you still wasting your time studying that ridiculous babble? You never give up, do you?
Canas: No, I never do stop studying! Knowledge is its own reward, Vaida! By the way, this is “Dark–
Vaida: I didn’t ask you, troll!
Canas: Ah. Forgive me.
Vaida: Why do I have to be paired with a useless wastrel like you!? It’s infuriating! Give me that!
Canas: Hey! That’s a very rare book! And it’s mine!
Vaida: Umbriel! Tasty, tasty! Eat it up!
Canas: No, please don’t… Ohh… Ohh… Why does he have to devour it as if it were so…appetizing?

A Support

Vaida: Hey, you! I thought I taught you a lesson, and here you are, reading again!!
Canas: Ah, er… Hello, Vaida. I am indeed reading. This is–
Vaida: I didn’t ask!!
Canas: Ah. Well, excuse me. I thought I would bring a book today that you might find interesting… It is about wyvern-mounted combat…
Vaida: Wyverns?
Canas: Yes. Do you know of them? They are rather mysterious creatures. According to this book, they are all white and normally appear in lakes… And it says that they cry “Scraw!” from time to time. Just once, I sure would like to see a real one…
Vaida: Are you…stupid?
Canas: Hm? Was my description inaccurate?
Vaida: You scholars are all bumbling fools! Give me that useless book! Umbriel! Here’s some more light reading!
Canas: Oh dear, not again! And he finds that one… positively irresistible, doesn’t he…

The Wallace is no better than average, owing to Wallace willing to be confrontational back to her.

The Heath and Harken supports are her saving graces, these alone puts her in a very long stay in Purgatory instead of an eternal trip to Beelzebub. Why? She actually develops and stops being hostile to her partner here.

The Dorcas? Remember that NoA Saizo-Beruka? This might have inspired it:

Reveal hidden contents

C Support

Vaida: Hm? What’s this? No one here? I thought I was supposed to meet someone here! Those blasted kids from Lycia. They sent me to the wrong place! Well, no matter. I’ll show those brats. Bloody moppets!
Dorcas: …No one’s here. I thought I was supposed to meet up with someone. Oh, well… I’m better off on my own anyhow.

B Support

Vaida: What is this!? Some cruel game? Who do they think they’re toying with!? Bah… It was that Eliwood who sent me here! To meet his pal, Dorcas… The one with the pretty little thing fretting at home. So why’d he leave her, the big oaf! If I know men, it’s because he’s another scoundrel. I bet he’s got a girl in every village this side of the mountains! Well, he’s no hero at all, in my book! …Where are they?! Grarr! I give up! What good are these useless man-heroes?!
Dorcas: …Not again! But I checked the place and time… Vaida was supposed to be here… The one who betrayed Bern for Prince Zephiel… She would give anything to discharge her duty to him. They say she is pure, but a bit too idealistic. Ideals… Ha!! She must be young. Well, she’s nowhere to be seen. Very well. Then I will return. I hope that young girl is staying out of danger…

A Support

Vaida: ……
Dorcas: …? You…?
Vaida: Yeah? What are you gawking at!? Are you looking for a beating?
Dorcas: …… A “pure girl who is true to her ideals”… Surely it can’t be her…
Vaida: Huh? What are you mumbling, ape?
Dorcas: …Nothing. I beg your pardon.
Vaida: Hold there!
Dorcas: What is it?
Vaida: …… A scoundrel with a girl in every village… Surely it can’t be him…
Dorcas: Did you say something?
Vaida: No. Mind your business.
Dorcas: Ah. Fine then. So I failed again…
Vaida: When is that useless man going to arrive!?

That is the epitome of bad and gimmicky- in no way a good support.

In short, of 7 supports, Vaida has 2 good, 1 neutral, and 4 really bad. Which overall is a very bad record. Although Ilyana has it worse actually- 5/5 awful ones, the bits of humor do so little.

Disembodied Fire Dragon glitch Fae. Need more dragon emblem. 

Do not expect Sue, Sin, or Dayan by the way, Lyn is the only Sacaen to ever learn how to ride a horse and shoot a bow. In fact, nobody in FE has ever learned that technique outside of Heroes.

On that note, anyone want to speculate who would be on a FE6 banner? Lugh for the love of Elimine please! On the topic of family reunions, since Shanna won a VG, Thite might happen (Juno is too old to be popular). Since we have a severe shortage of sword infantry, Dieck or Rutoga would be amazing. Can't think of a TT pick. For GHB, will we get the Maiden of Darkness: Idunn? Brunnya? Murdock? Galle? I doubt Yuan.

Who from FE6 ranked the highest on CYL2 by the way? Was Melady at all popular?

Thite or however everyone pronounces it, was actually very popular in the binding blade popularity poll from way back

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Thite or however everyone pronounces it, was actually very popular in the binding blade popularity poll from way back

This reminds me, when the TT releases, we should know how to pronounce Canas right? Is it Can-us? Can-nas? Cane-us? Cane-nas? Not too many choices, but it still bothers me. I've primarily used Can-nas, but the other pronunciations have snuck in from time to time.

Does anyone else here think that Linus is going to be an axe user, so that all of the four fangs have different weapon types from each other? The weapon he would have could even be Stout Tomahawk, since he had a tomahawk in the final chapter. 

I kind of like that Dorcas/Vaida support conversation although it makes no sense to benefit support bonuses from it. 

I like Vaida in large because she's a mature lady that breaks all conventions. Mature women in mind and body are just the best. Give me more Sonias and Ursulas. 

(Orochi plz...) 

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Limstella I can't tell the gender of

Limstella is female, her class is a special female version of Sage in FE7 just for her, with its Def and Res caps increased. It's supposed to probably represent Nergal making her extra powerful, to the point she will expire the next day.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well Limstella is genderless so they are supposed to look androgynous. Wouldn’t be surprised if Limstella was made more feminine looking, assuming they ever make it in, just to bait people with another potential waifu.

Gender is not the same as sex. Sex is biological, and Limstella, maybe she has been crafted with a birth canal and exterior female genitals, but she certainly must lack the actual reproductive organs, is sexless. Gender is not so biological, it is how a person wishes to be treated and or is perceived by others to be, although one's sex can match their gender. Limstella, although I don't think she is never addressed not by name or genderless words, certainly has an appearance typical of the female gender, and Nergal considers her the most beautiful of his morphs, and beauty is more associated with females than not.

Furthermore, compare her attire with Ephidel's, and Ephidel is certainly of the male gender.

Spoiler

ephdel.pnglimstella.png

She might not have Sonia's bust or suggestive attire, but it looks nothing like Ephidel's, nor Denning's, nor Kishuna's. Her legwear would certainly seem out of place on a man.

Ultimately though, Limstella, being a perfectly heartless and loyal morph, has not a single care whether she is masculine, feminine, or a countertop rotisserie.

15 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I like Vaida in large because she's a mature lady that breaks all conventions. Mature women in mind and body are just the best. Give me more Sonias and Ursulas. 

I'm not saying she is wholly irredeemable, the Heath and Harken work well and the Wallace is okay. The general character idea that exists outside of supports works for me. They just could have written all her other supports much much better. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This reminds me, when the TT releases, we should know how to pronounce Canas right? Is it Can-us? Can-nas? Cane-us? Cane-nas? Not too many choices, but it still bothers me. I've primarily used Can-nas, but the other pronunciations have snuck in from time to time.

Can of Whoopass seems like an appropriate pronunciation. :p

I guess someone with knowledge in Latin or Spanish might have a clue since canas is apparently a word in those languages.

Edited by Kaden