New Heroes: Scattered Fangs

Baldrick

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Limstella is female, her class is a special female version of Sage in FE7 just for her, with its Def and Res caps increased. It's supposed to probably represent Nergal making her extra powerful, to the point she will expire the next day.

Limstella is neither, both for sex and gender.

The English localization uses feminine pronouns and titles for lack of gender-neutral equivalents (and I will do the same for convenience).

The arguments you're using to contrast her with Ephidel only serve as evidence that she is not male, not that she is female. It's clear from her design that she was designed to be androgynous, not female. (Ephidel is male. Sonia is female. Limstella is neither. Perfect trichotomy.)

As for the pants, I can see Soren wearing that outfit and looking perfectly normal.

43 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I guess someone with knowledge in Latin or Spanish might have a clue since canas is apparently a word in those languages.

The rules of pronunciation for Latin and Spanish only apply to words that are Latin and Spanish.

"Llama" in English is pronounced with an "L" sound. "Llama" in Spanish is pronounced with a "Y" sound. There's no way to tell which pronunciation is intended without knowing beforehand the intended language (e.g. from context).

Unless you know that "Canas" was intended to be Latin or Spanish, there is no good reason to assume that it should be pronounced as in Latin or Spanish.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Limstella is neither, both for sex and gender.

The English localization uses feminine pronouns and titles for lack of gender-neutral equivalents (and I will do the same for convenience).

The arguments you're using to contrast her with Ephidel only serve as evidence that she is not male, not that she is female. It's clear from her design that she was designed to be androgynous, not female. (Ephidel is male. Sonia is female. Limstella is neither. Perfect trichotomy.)

As for the pants, I can see Soren wearing that outfit and looking perfectly normal.

Fair enough points, and the trichotomy interpretation is neat. She does slightly in practice lean towards female if not that in principle- chalk it up to creating a perfectly visually androgynous character difficult. Doesn't help her name Limstella has what is in English a female's name in it, one ending in the more commonly feminine letter of "a" (although exceptions exist, like Joshua).

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

So, I'm a bit confused by his popularity. What exactly makes Canas an interesting character as far as personality goes?

I didn't see it when I played the game.

Well gameplay-wise he has Luna and exclusive access to all other Dark Magic in FE7- but I consider that a bit overrated. He is comparable to Lucius and Erk, but not really any better.

Personality-wise, Canas is a nerd, and I guess people, including myself like his scholastic nature. Compared to say Miriel, he can actually hold a perfectly regular conversation, and he is kind and humble, if slightly quirky and out of it. His Pent support is a wonderful nerdgasm, his Renault support has him delve his curiosity into some interesting talk of morphs.

His Nino support implies the two are niece and uncle and they choose to be that at the end of it anyhow. The Nino does speak of magic, but it delves more into his family side, which is sweet and fleshes him out more. The Bartre support is funny for some. But the Vaida just doesn't exist and if it did she is wholly to blame for why it goes wrong.

He is also the first character in FE to give a real positive lore-spin on Dark Magic, as opposed to it being evil in Archanea-Valentia-Jugdral, or rather unexplained in FE6 despite being a perfectly good force.

It helps Binding Blade has his son and mother playable, so his family, which preceded him, is actually existent and felt.

Not every character will appeal to everyone, so I can understand if you don't find him fascinating, but for me he is comfort food.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not every character will appeal to everyone, so I can understand if you don't find him fascinating, but for me he is comfort food.

I think this might be my new favorite phrase when referring to characters like Canas since I pretty much feel the same way. XD But pretty much everything you said hits the nail on the head.

I tend to favor the "nerdy" characters over the brawny characters most days even if there are a few exceptions. I especially enjoy it when academic characters are portrayed in a more balanced way. Some lean towards forever alone socially inept and comical. Some lean towards cold and mostly incapable of feeling things. I enjoy both of those characters quite a bit, but it's always refreshing to see a nerdy character who's passionate about academics and capable of existing outside of those passions as well since like...not all nerds are creepy weirdos who live in dark basements and only come out to talk about our viritual waifus... Canas exists to love his work, but he's also got his family. Kind of the reason I like Pent as well. 

Also he's got a monocle.

I suppose I just like over-the-top personalities which is why someone like Miriel registers so much more with me than someone like Canas, who I just find bland.  I love some quirks, some uniqueness. 

There are less of these characters in the earlier games but there are still some of them (like L'Arachel & Bastian, my favourite two FE characters) and these are generally those I want included in the game the most. They are just the most fun characters to hear voiced for the first time. Blazing Sword doesn't have a lot of them though but amongst those unreleased there's Sain I can think of. I believe Farina came on to me as having a strong personality but I don't really remember why. Sonia also would be amazing, but that's also my love for mature women talking. Plus, I'm not sure I can think of a more inherently evil character than her in the whole franchise. Unlike someone like Julius, you can't even probe her for an ounce of goodness. She's got none. Maybe even Fargus would be fun.

Canas is a relatively inoffensive character that falls into an archetype that generally appeals to players, that being the quiet bookworm sort. He struck gold in being the game's only druid because most new players erroneously believe that in order to play through the game you require extensive class and weapon diversity. Since Canas is our only druid and only non-Athos dark user he immediately jumped to being a character many players never ran without. Anyone else could be replaced for the most part but Canas was special. Exposure left him as a general favourite despite not being particularly well written or more useful compared to other characters. 

Good thing I can pass on this banner, because I have no orbs. I would've preferred more important and notable characters like Sain, Kent, Wil, Rath, Erk, Fiora, etc. But since I have no orbs and haven't felt much like playing lately anyway, it's not that big a deal to me.

I'm probably sending Canas home or foddering him if he has good skills if I wind up getting him through a TT. I'm not into him or dark mages in general.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The rules of pronunciation for Latin and Spanish only apply to words that are Latin and Spanish.

"Llama" in English is pronounced with an "L" sound. "Llama" in Spanish is pronounced with a "Y" sound. There's no way to tell which pronunciation is intended without knowing beforehand the intended language (e.g. from context).

Unless you know that "Canas" was intended to be Latin or Spanish, there is no good reason to assume that it should be pronounced as in Latin or Spanish.

Yeah, I know, but considering that canas apparently exists as a word in Latin and Spanish, then maybe they can be used as an idea of how Canas would be pronounced. Because otherwise, the only thing that could be reliably referenced is his Japanese name カナス and how it's pronounced. According to the wiki, the romaji would be Kanasu which would be "kah-na-su"? and if that's the case, then Canas is possibly "kah-nas".

Gotta be honest,  I'm only aiming for Nino on this banner, and only because I need a green tome flyer, and Nino will fill the role better than Sanaki can.  I do want Karla, as an Ayra fill in, but I'll only have some 25 orbs to dedicate to this banner, and flying units are of higher priority for me than infantry units. 

Oh yeah, I have to admit, the music used in this video is...really good. Like, that's some awesome stuff there.

I also don't have a green tome flier, now that I think about it. I don't really care for Nino though... Oh well.

...Wonder if Canas might end up alluding to his ultimate fate in his lines?

Since he's likely to be slow and physically squishy, I'm sure he'll be seen more as a magic tank, especially if given the right boon and bane assigned when summoned from the banner that gave him the Ayra treatment.  (Last I checked, he's got no confirmed distrbution method--and since Ayra herself as well as Rhajat, the second one to get the Ayra treatment, got mis-pegged for other distribution methods before being shoved into ordinary focus banners, there's no guarantee he'll be a Grand Conquests or Tempest Trials reward...)

12 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Since he's likely to be slow and physically squishy, I'm sure he'll be seen more as a magic tank, especially if given the right boon and bane assigned when summoned from the banner that gave him the Ayra treatment.  (Last I checked, he's got no confirmed distrbution method--and since Ayra herself as well as Rhajat, the second one to get the Ayra treatment, got mis-pegged for other distribution methods before being shoved into ordinary focus banners, there's no guarantee he'll be a Grand Conquests or Tempest Trials reward...)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has slow but powerful and resistant been the fate of many an infantry mage lately? If so, whatever happened to all the swift sages?

31 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

(Last I checked, he's got no confirmed distrbution method--and since Ayra herself as well as Rhajat, the second one to get the Ayra treatment, got mis-pegged for other distribution methods before being shoved into ordinary focus banners, there's no guarantee he'll be a Grand Conquests or Tempest Trials reward...)

While Canas has no confirmed distribution method, the last time a new character got put onto a random regular focus like that (to my knowledge, at least) was Rhajat, and they specifically stated in the Children of Fate banner video that she'd be available through summoning on the Voting Gauntlet banner, rather than just having her show up and giving people the wrong idea like they did with Ayra. I'd like to think that they've learned their lesson after the Ayra controversy, and would have told us if he was going to be summonable through normal means.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has slow but powerful and resistant been the fate of many an infantry mage lately? If so, whatever happened to all the swift sages?

M!Morgan (34), bun-bun pal Sharena (36) Ishtar (36), and bride Tharja (35) have been our most recent summonable infantry mages. Ishtar and bride Tharja, like mage knight Eirika (35), green Olwen (35), and Giga Nino (probably >= 35), have Swift Sparrow as well as their default A passive and bun-bun pal Sharena has Swift Stance.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It’s been the fate of almost all of this year’s GHB mages so far (Oliver, Lyon, Julius), at least. Though like Kaden said, that hasn’t been the case for the summonable ones as of late.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Doesn't help her name Limstella has what is in English a female's name in it, one ending in the more commonly feminine letter of "a" (although exceptions exist, like Joshua).

You can't really count Joshua for an English example as it originated from Hebrew. It wasn't spelled "Joshua", but -ua carries through most variants of the name.

Another example of -a as a feminine letter is in Spanish, where they have their own grammer around that. El for -o, -e ending words and la for -a ending. Ugh...way too late to be scrounging up high school memories...

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I know, but considering that canas apparently exists as a word in Latin and Spanish, then maybe they can be used as an idea of how Canas would be pronounced. Because otherwise, the only thing that could be reliably referenced is his Japanese name カナス and how it's pronounced. According to the wiki, the romaji would be Kanasu which would be "kah-na-su"? and if that's the case, then Canas is possibly "kah-nas".

The problem with reverse engineering from Japanese is the fact that Japanese has only 5 total vowel sounds. If you take an English word and approximate it in Japanese, you'll end up losing the original sound if it isn't one that also exists in Japanese.

The short and neutral "a" sounds, the short "o" sound, the short "u' sound, and the "er" and "ar" sounds in English all map to "a" in Japanese. There's no way to tell which of the first three of those was the originally intended sound. The first "a" in his name, for example, could be any one of

• the "a" in "man" (American English pronunciation).
  • the "a" in "malt".
  • the "o" in "mom"
  • the "u" in "mum".

But we won't know which one is correct until word of God tells us (or someone finds that "Canas" is actually a name in some language).

We do know, however, that the first "a" isn't pronounced like the "a" in "mane".

44 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Another example of -a as a feminine letter is in Spanish, where they have their own grammer around that. El for -o, -e ending words and la for -a ending. Ugh...way too late to be scrounging up high school memories...

That's literally how every language derived from Latin works, and "stella" derives from Latin.

Finally, Legault is in. He was one of my favorite character from this game, and that was my first Fire Emblem. I was 7 when I played this game, and I learned English with it (yeah, it wasn't in French) so good memories! Can't wait! 

28 minutes ago, Metakirby said:

Finally, Legault is in. He was one of my favorite character from this game, and that was my first Fire Emblem. I was 7 when I played this game, and I learned English with it (yeah, it wasn't in French) so good memories! Can't wait! 

My friend is really excited for him, too. He's the only one I kinda want from the banner, so I'm really hoping he drops to 4*, since I want to save orbs. Good luck with pulling for him - good news is he has great art and a great voice from what I've heard so far :D

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Dorcas? Remember that NoA Saizo-Beruka? This might have inspired it:

Reveal hidden contents

C Support

Vaida: Hm? What’s this? No one here? I thought I was supposed to meet someone here! Those blasted kids from Lycia. They sent me to the wrong place! Well, no matter. I’ll show those brats. Bloody moppets!
Dorcas: …No one’s here. I thought I was supposed to meet up with someone. Oh, well… I’m better off on my own anyhow.

B Support

Vaida: What is this!? Some cruel game? Who do they think they’re toying with!? Bah… It was that Eliwood who sent me here! To meet his pal, Dorcas… The one with the pretty little thing fretting at home. So why’d he leave her, the big oaf! If I know men, it’s because he’s another scoundrel. I bet he’s got a girl in every village this side of the mountains! Well, he’s no hero at all, in my book! …Where are they?! Grarr! I give up! What good are these useless man-heroes?!
Dorcas: …Not again! But I checked the place and time… Vaida was supposed to be here… The one who betrayed Bern for Prince Zephiel… She would give anything to discharge her duty to him. They say she is pure, but a bit too idealistic. Ideals… Ha!! She must be young. Well, she’s nowhere to be seen. Very well. Then I will return. I hope that young girl is staying out of danger…

A Support

Vaida: ……
Dorcas: …? You…?
Vaida: Yeah? What are you gawking at!? Are you looking for a beating?
Dorcas: …… A “pure girl who is true to her ideals”… Surely it can’t be her…
Vaida: Huh? What are you mumbling, ape?
Dorcas: …Nothing. I beg your pardon.
Vaida: Hold there!
Dorcas: What is it?
Vaida: …… A scoundrel with a girl in every village… Surely it can’t be him…
Dorcas: Did you say something?
Vaida: No. Mind your business.
Dorcas: Ah. Fine then. So I failed again…
Vaida: When is that useless man going to arrive!?

That is the epitome of bad and gimmicky- in no way a good support.

Dorcas/Vaida wasn't the first support along those lines.

https://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/supports/treck-juno/

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Limstella is female, her class is a special female version of Sage in FE7 just for her, with its Def and Res caps increased. It's supposed to probably represent Nergal making her extra powerful, to the point she will expire the next day.

Gender is not the same as sex. Sex is biological, and Limstella, maybe she has been crafted with a birth canal and exterior female genitals, but she certainly must lack the actual reproductive organs, is sexless. Gender is not so biological, it is how a person wishes to be treated and or is perceived by others to be, although one's sex can match their gender. Limstella, although I don't think she is never addressed not by name or genderless words, certainly has an appearance typical of the female gender, and Nergal considers her the most beautiful of his morphs, and beauty is more associated with females than not.

Furthermore, compare her attire with Ephidel's, and Ephidel is certainly of the male gender.

Reveal hidden contents

ephdel.pnglimstella.png

She might not have Sonia's bust or suggestive attire, but it looks nothing like Ephidel's, nor Denning's, nor Kishuna's. Her legwear would certainly seem out of place on a man.

Ultimately though, Limstella, being a perfectly heartless and loyal morph, has not a single care whether she is masculine, feminine, or a countertop rotisserie.

It seems official statements list Limstella (but not the other morphs) as genderless. Their Cipher card, for example, is the only one to lack a gender marker.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Limstella

My impression is that Limstella is meant to match ideas of a "perfect being" being neither male nor female.

5 hours ago, Metakirby said:

Actually, I have a European version of FE7 and it had French option! 

Anyway, it was my first game too and I tend to be really sentimental about its characters, so I'm quite happy about this banner. Especially about Legault, he'll be my main goal here. I love his Matthew support. (I was pondering about making them support each other in FEH and starting a dagger team, but I'm already using Matthew elsewhere, so I don't know.)

23 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you read all of her supports, you can see they're consistently bad. She gets 7, which is the most any character in FE7 gets, but their general level of quality is the same as cleaning alcohol's as a beverage. 

The issue is Vaida is just too egotistical and antagonistic, she continually harasses and expresses only antipathy to her support partners. The Canas, Merlinus, and Karla are all atrocities that match this description.

For a sample of how terrible it can get, let us see her Canas:

Hide contents

C Support

Vaida: Hey, you!
Canas: Oh, hello there. I am called Canas.
Vaida: Who asked you, worm-bait! And what are you doing, reading in the heat of battle?
Canas: Ah, yes. This is “The Dragon-Human War: An Annotated Chronicle.” It’s about the war one thousand years ago between humans and…
Vaida: I don’t care what book you’re reading! I want to know why you’re even reading in the first place!
Canas: Oh. I see. Forgive me.
Vaida: I can’t believe we’re fighting on the same side! Who’s running this army? I hope they don’t expect me to fight for both of us! Now get out of my way, unless you want to get stepped on!
Canas: Ahh… Pardon me.

B Support

Vaida: Pfeh. You again? Just my luck to have to share the battleground with a gnat like you…
Canas: Vaida, it has been a while.
Vaida: Are you still wasting your time studying that ridiculous babble? You never give up, do you?
Canas: No, I never do stop studying! Knowledge is its own reward, Vaida! By the way, this is “Dark–
Vaida: I didn’t ask you, troll!
Canas: Ah. Forgive me.
Vaida: Why do I have to be paired with a useless wastrel like you!? It’s infuriating! Give me that!
Canas: Hey! That’s a very rare book! And it’s mine!
Vaida: Umbriel! Tasty, tasty! Eat it up!
Canas: No, please don’t… Ohh… Ohh… Why does he have to devour it as if it were so…appetizing?

A Support

Vaida: Hey, you! I thought I taught you a lesson, and here you are, reading again!!
Canas: Ah, er… Hello, Vaida. I am indeed reading. This is–
Vaida: I didn’t ask!!
Canas: Ah. Well, excuse me. I thought I would bring a book today that you might find interesting… It is about wyvern-mounted combat…
Vaida: Wyverns?
Canas: Yes. Do you know of them? They are rather mysterious creatures. According to this book, they are all white and normally appear in lakes… And it says that they cry “Scraw!” from time to time. Just once, I sure would like to see a real one…
Vaida: Are you…stupid?
Canas: Hm? Was my description inaccurate?
Vaida: You scholars are all bumbling fools! Give me that useless book! Umbriel! Here’s some more light reading!
Canas: Oh dear, not again! And he finds that one… positively irresistible, doesn’t he…

It's funny that their bond gets stronger after these supports. Logically speaking, the Canas support should decrease both their combat prowess while standing next to each other. Vaida had a point though, Canas shouldn't be reading while in the middle of a battlefield. Reminds me of when Mia told Soren how he's always lost in his books. Maybe that's why you dislike these two because they put no importance in books. 

Edited by Icelerate

FE7, my first Fire Emblem, can't help but feel for the characters from the game.  As in love, one may find that perfect greater love later, but there is always something special about the first.  

Legault, Attack tactics coming to 4 star pool?  Yes!  Then we will have Def tactic seal, Res tactic thanks to L'arachel and Atk tactic.  If willing to spend 20k feathers it will be something that will be accessible to most.  The cleaner is such a lame name for his weapon, always painful to hear how much better the Japanese translation is.  Most people won't know that the lame name isn't the fault of the creators but the localization team.  Legault was 'the cleaner' but why would an inheritable weapon be called the cleaner?  Anyways dagger units are hard to stand out, we've had some ones with great stat lines and such released recently but still they are a rare sight.

Karla is going to be like Mia and Ayra, just some monster  unit with great offensive statline.  I guess being a hot Ayra look alike gets her in?  I love FE4, but while Sword demon Karel was somewhat memorable cause of his personality, legendary reputation and such...Karla the sister was just very weak and I don't think many people used her plus many may have not even recruited her.  I assume she is to draw younger players not familiar with FE7, sexy swordmaster who doesn't like that?  

Flying Nino.  So we get the regular Nino sprite on a pegasus.  As adorable as she is, even if they were going with a Nino alt it would have been much better to get the 'on the run' adult Nino of Binding Blade.  That would have been an interesting alt at least and would make sense too.

Better no alt at all though, FE7 is one of the most popular games and there were certainly other units they could have chosen.  Canas should have been on the banner, the monocle wearing scholar is one of the most popular from that game and stood out being the only dark mage playable.  Instead he is a free unit which might doom him to mediocrity.  Still upset about Finn personally.

Linus, hope he comes better than his brother Lloyd.  

This banner despite being FE7, probably will do one full pull only.  Legault is almost for sure going to 4 star, I have Ayra and quite a few other strong sword infantry, and of course my dislike of alts is well documented so flying Nino is a pass.  

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Vaida had a point though, Canas shouldn't be reading while in the middle of a battlefield. Reminds me of when Mia told Soren how he's always lost in his books. Maybe that's why you dislike these two because they put no importance in books. 

That bold was not mine by the way, it was just in the script. And there is a difference between a casual and rough, but ultimately acceptable way of criticizing someone's recreational actions on the battlefield, and twice throwing a cherished book of their's into your dragon's maw.

I do tend to like the scholarly type, owing much to me being loosely one, but that does not automatically make me dislike the warrior types. I do dislike Mia, but that has nothing to do with her being a warrior, and more to do with her being, for all her pep, which I can see the appeal of, being rather shallow. A little backstory for her or an interest besides swordplay would go a long way, those things and a Lucia (the actual perfect white-clad rival for her) support.

By the way, the Mia line you speak of, doesn't actually match the Japanese at all:

Japanese Lit/Flow Translation Official Localization
よーっし! 絶好調の剣の冴え我ながら惚れ惚れしちゃうねえ Oh yeah! My sword’s in perfect form.  I’m totally in love with this style! Soren, always lost in your books! What have I said about watching your back?

Thanks to SF's Kirokan for revealing that!

16 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

It’s been the fate of almost all of this year’s GHB mages so far (Oliver, Lyon, Julius), at least. Though like Kaden said, that hasn’t been the case for the summonable ones as of late.

Good to know, I guess it's just the issue of who got selected for the GHBs and their origin game stats. Oliver in RD has 20 Speed, everything not a Dragon doubles him at that point so late in the game, even Generals do. Lyon is infamously slow, factoring out the Wt of Naglfar, as the penultimate boss in SS, he has 4-5 AS, by Latona he can't double a level 1 Ross/Gilliam!

Julius however, Loptous is 12 Wt, but it isn't the heaviest thing around, that is the same and most Lances as well as Fire Magic in Genealogy, and much lighter than Axes! (Please don't let Azelle be a turtle on that note!) And his 27 Spd means he still has 15 AS afterwards (or what Lyon has before Naglfar loss). Julius's poor Speed in FEH is more owing to the necessity of balancing the GHB freebies such that they do not abolish the urge to summon, or so I would assume from all I read here.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Dorcas/Vaida wasn't the first support along those lines.

https://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/supports/treck-juno/

I knew about that conversation, however that one does after the C become a more normal support with the two characters meeting face to face and actually bonding. Was the intent of the C support humor? Or was it just some of the worst of Binding's at times shoddy supports? Although to be fair, the next three games would all also feature duds, but Binding being the first to have supports, might have had particularly bad writing. Not to deny Binding has some nuggets of gold- I do like AstolfoxIgrene (now if only BB had non-Roy paired endings). I need to do a total review of Binding's supports some day, like I did with PoR.

And then of course, the Yoder-Dayan support explained the whole lore behind Affinities:

Spoiler

B Support

Dayan: We Sacaeans pray to the Sky and the Earth. The light of day and the darkness of night that engulfs this land… They produce wind, lightning, fire, ice, and many other affinities… Every person on this planet is protected by one of the elements. According to my clan’s beliefs, I am protected by the Anima affinity.
Yodel: I see. Interesting.
Dayan: What do you mean?
Yodel: The Elimine Church has similar beliefs. When the creator made man, he blessed them all with one of the seven affinities. However, those elements…
Dayan: …Those elements hold no power on their own.
Yodel: Exactly.
Dayan: Hm. …Interesting, indeed.
Yodel: Yes. Perhaps… This is one of the truths of the creation of our world.

A Support

Dayan: The seven affinities… Their effects will only appear through bonds with other people. When your heart is linked with someone else’s… That is when the elements reveal their true power.
Yodel: Yes. Saint Elimine also said to cherish your relationships.
Dayan: Hm… I wonder if we have been able to link our hearts with each other.
Yodel: I am sure we have. We have yet to find out what effects it has…

Ya know it makes me nostalgic for them, but Fates did have customized pair up bonuses with everyone, which are even more individualized than Affinities.

And since Canas's monocle has been brought up, hopefully they'll eventually invent a monocle accessory.