Grand Hero Battle of Destiny: Linus, the Mad Dog

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Kaden I meant to specify good because I had Arthur and Barst, who's admittedly better than I remembered, and Spring Chrom, who wasn't intended to be included in my statement since he's fine. Xander feels like he leans more toward EP, but I can see what you mean, and I feel like Ike is kind of getting into the territory of a square peg in a round hole as far as MP goes. It can work, but aside from tank on EP and finish off on PP, he doesn't really strike me as being particularly great even with +SPD and sacrificing is big advantage, Urvan, to take a +SPD slaying axe. TIki, I'll admit I just straight up forgot about.

Anyway, axes themselves aren't in a bad place, nor general MP axes, for sure. Hector, Raven, Amelia, Brave Ike, Legion, etc. are all quite good units. I was just specifying infantry mixed phase, though even that's not as lacking as I'd been thinking.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually just used my fliers for this map. Stupid mountains and trees.

Bride Sanaki, Morgan, Caeda, and Bow Hinoka did the trick.

One shot Infernal with Fjorm Boey Caeda and Elise. Boey basicly took out half of the cast on turn 1 with his Tactics Gronnblade+, Close Counter, Fortress defense Seal, Quick Riposte setup... Tanking the Dagger unit, the Blue mage unit and the Red Sword user in that turn.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Time for the fastest upload I've ever done! This was a joke, and as proof of it look at a clear for the first time (the lack of the ! symbol is because I was going to do it with my Flier team first but decided against it).

Lol this map was so free. I used Kagero, Felicia, S!Kagero and a dancer, and I don't really feel like uploading at all since the fight is so short, and the enemies basically kite themselves.

Anna’s tip says to use fliers, so of course i’m going to do the opposite now that i read it

cleared Infernal with Atk Ploy Halloween Henry, BK, Fjorm and Elise distracting the forces on the right side to split the enemies up.

might try a more thematic run sometime

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol this map was so free. I used Kagero, Felicia, S!Kagero and a dancer, and I don't really feel like uploading at all since the fight is so short, and the enemies basically kite themselves.

For sure, I appreciate the easy Brazen Atk/Spd fodder but I'd like Infernal to be a bit of a challenge at the very least.

I bet your Kagero can solo this map, everything but 1 unit is Infantry and the flier can be taken down with specials/dancers.

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

For sure, I appreciate the easy Brazen Atk/Spd fodder but I'd like Infernal to be a bit of a challenge at the very least.

I bet your Kagero can solo this map, everything but 1 unit is Infantry and the flier can be taken down with specials/dancers.

She actually can, I just decided to bring Felicia to make the Lance Dragoon die faster.

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid Pretty much easy, the map is wide open itself so positioning is not a problem at all.

Siegbert cannot initiate on Linus or he will die from Wrath Luna. So I let him take it on enemy phase. Enjoys as always ^^

Edited by Ginko

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She actually can, I just decided to bring Felicia to make the Lance Dragoon die faster.

Knew it! Oh well, it's nice to get this out of the way fast so I don't have any distractions for tomorrow's direct where Nintendo will probably not show FE16.

This one was ridiculously easy compared to the previous few GHBs.

I kinda wanted Nino to kill her brothers again so I brought her with Ephraim, Celica and PA!Olivia. 

Killed the lance wyvern first then retreated, Linus then pivoted right where Nino could nuke him, and cleaning up afterwards was easy.

35 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Very easy GHB map for me; ReinLyn + dancers just curbstomp this one. Got the Infernal clear on first try.

I didn’t even need a dancer or a +10 Reinhardt:
Screenshot_20180612-141332.png

Not entirely sure how it happened, but I beat it first try, Blind Infernal, with the fliers. Tana had Guidance instead of Ward Fliers. Florina OP. Airzura can handle the occasional blue unit. Elincia delete button.

Leon and three dancers strike again!  This one took a few tries due to positioning shenanigans.  Still, the map becomes a lot more manageable when a third of it is dead, and everything else can't reach you.

Infernal One Turn clear: 

Ok, this was hard on so many levels because the opponents are far away, that blue mage has guard equipped and Linus is hard to kill without Desperation. Tried a lot of different ways and wasted valuable fodder (1 Cain, 2 Leon, 1 Hinata, 1 Palla etc.), but interestingly a single Gaius was the key to solve this map. Two premieres for my clears: First time Marth (sadly without his vanilla weapon) and first time Pass (yeah, that skill Cordelia never learned). 

Elincia needed Summoner support and DEF Tactic to survive that sword fighters vengeance. She couldn't kill Linus first, because a quad was needed to proc her GF, therefore the pass magic. Marth needed to quad the lance flier (to proc GF) and take more than 50% damage (to proc WoM) and to take less than 75% damage (to keep Pass active) at the same time. 

@Alexmender & @Ginko That was fast! I hope you guys don't mind if I respond a little later than usual. This solve stole a lot of time from me.    

@Water Mage Perhaps it's your screen? I can't see that green dot. 

Edited by mampfoid

@Alexmender Your Eirika is truly a thing of beauty. I really enjoy getting to use her every now and then, but she really shines here. I've been considering her as a candidate for a +10 merge. But I may start with her refine first. It's pretty awesome. Congrats on that crazy run!

Another fun map...this time featuring extra edgy Raven and the most beautiful Lucius. I guess my go to strategy is to use Lucius to nuke someone and then retreat. He needed the extra MT from Candlelight combined with ATK/SPD Bond and his S Support with Lucius to ORKO that swordsman. And using Pain + Savage Blow might have caused some trouble for Brazen ATK/SPD later on. The most satisfying bit is definitely the end. Mia finally gets to use her Wrath. Bwahahahaha. Karla may be better offensively, but I've really come to appreciate Mia's DEF boon. She gets the job done on both phases!