Grand Hero Battle of Destiny: Linus, the Mad Dog

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was surprisingly easy even on Infernal. Cleared it with Dorcas, B!Lucina, Lucina, and F!Morgan, who made her GHB debut by wrecking the swordsman, mage, and dragoon. Dorcas one-shot the ninja with a special, Lucina ORKOed Linus, and the red manakete got ganged up on.

@mampfoid That was close, Elincia survived Vengence with 2 HP. 

Same with me, my Siegbert cannot hit Linus without Desperation but he die on enemy phase anyways.

Edited by Ginko

@Alexmender Eirika fast & furious and unbeatable. If I think how many problems my cake-Marth had with that lance flier ...  Congratulations! 

@Water Mage Now I can't unsee it ... at least your screen is intact. 

@Ginko That looked easy, your team was too strong. Roy took care of half of the map and Siegbert finished Linus (first i thought you moved Azura down for the Drive Def effect). Very nice. 

Yeah in one of my first tries I made Elincia quad Linus, but she needed Fury, Summoner B, DEF Tactic and a Drive Def to survive the counter. In the end it was not necessary because of the Pass trick. 

@Rafiel's Aria Ha, we posted our videos at the same time! Masked Raven, is he undercover? Close call with your Mia tanking Linus, like you wrote an occasion where +DEF was handy. Too bad your Raven uses Galeforce here only to retreat, I bet he wants to kill more ;-)

Congratulations! 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

They'll fix it after his TTs ends and after the only time I'll ever use him

I’m still indecisive about whom to use as my team come this tempest. My Nino is capped on HM; my Jaffar and Karel exist only as L&D on my Olwen and wo daos on my Navarre, Caeda, and Selena; I don’t and am not going to have any of the three newcomers; and I’ve got no idea whom to put on the team with Linus and/or Canas. What a predicament.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

They also changed Summer Tiki’s artwork:

Yeah, I didn’t mention Summer Tiki because it wasn’t really a correction of an oversight, but it was there. There are precedents for changing the artwork, so I won’t be bothered a lot with an accidental artefact on Linus’ chest.

Smashed the entire GHB with Lilina and three dancers for Hard and Lunatic. Infernal fell down to my Flier Emblem units consisting of Cherche, NY!Azura, S!Corrin and Elincia. Easy GHB with pretty crazy awesome rewards.

Also, I've decided to build up my Linus fast after clearing all difficulties. He's lacking Desperation at this point.

tumblr_inline_pa7cv9XFU41qgv87x_540.png

This GHB is one of the easiest 2018's GHB. I used my Tactic Team on Infernal. Ike tanked all the physical damage, while Legendary Lyn attack from distance, Bride Niniam giving her support with his dance, Res Tactic skill, Def Tactic SS and Chill Atk, and Siegbert was only there to give Atk Tactic to the others. Easy free units and feathers.

1 hour ago, Wanda said:

Infernal, Askr units (not F2P friendly):

Very easy GHB. Oh well.

i had a total different approach with Alfonse Anna Sharena and Olivia. All of them used 4star skills (i think)

@Alexmender The most direct approach to this GHB I've seen. She just rolled up and demolished everybody. Considering how she contrasts her brother, it's funny to see how she pretty much has taken his role in combat as far as your clears go.

@mampfoid It's pretty ironic how the GHB that has been universally easy for everyone else was difficult for you to clear. I could tell how intricate it was trying to clear this and I don't even want to think about how long it took, but you pulled it off all the same. Congrats! I didn't expect to see Galeforce on Groom Marth at all, much less so soon. Also never thought I'd see the day Pass came in handy of all things. I officially can no longer be surprised by obscure skill use in your clears. Maybe I'll see Obstruct sooner or later.

@Ginko Linus is pretty threatening, he just doesn't really get the opportunity to attack, it's entirely on your terms who and when he attacks. I'm going to give the MVP role to LA!Roy. He really cleaned house here.

@Rafiel's Aria That 70 damage Aether though. Crazy. I'm used to Raven's obscene numbers but that one took me by surprise. Wrath really is something.

@mcsilas @eclipse @DarkLordIvy @Usana @Cute Chao @Rezzy @NegativeExponents- @Oz ♠ @Poimagic @Johann @Fei Mao @Hilda @Quintessence @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian

As for me, this GHB was about as easy as you could expect. For a unit as valuable as Linus, they really should have made you work a lot harder for him. This was cleared in 1 try. Didn't expect to almost finish it in the test run. Swapped out Matthew's C skill for Savage Blow for a cleaner clear. Pretty sure I had Genny attack once in the last one, wanted to give everyone at least little action in the battle, but it was unnecessary turns out so this is the first GHB where she did literally nothing. It's usually Ayra but this was one of those 3-man clears. Anyways, it's done.

No Matthew in the pic this time, but I couldn't resist using this one. Cheers~

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid It's pretty ironic how the GHB that has been universally easy for everyone else was difficult for you to clear. I could tell how intricate it was trying to clear this and I don't even want to think about how long it took, but you pulled it off all the same. Congrats! I didn't expect to see Galeforce on Groom Marth at all, much less so soon. Also never thought I'd see the day Pass came in handy of all things. I officially can no longer be surprised by obscure skill use in your clears. Maybe I'll see Obstruct sooner or later.

Thanks!

Yeah, my biggest obstacles (Wary Fighter, Guard, long distances between units, ultra high DEF) don't affect other players much, while I don't need to care about Reinforcements, Field Buffs, Debuffs and Ploys. It was fun to integrate Pass, but I'm not 100% sure if I already used Obstruct (to force the enemy to attack the right unit on EP). Obstruct is useful for auto-grinding tactics though, my L!Ike got it for Xanders GHB map. 

Marth was build last week (?). I decided to give Galeforce (I got a Cordelia copy ~last week) to him instead of Titania. Titania already got DC and her ATK stat is a little bit low while not being much faster than Marth. I think he is doing a good job on the team while being a little overdressed. ^^

If you missed my Cordelia pull, then you perhaps don't know yet that my Cherche reached your Matthew in merges (+7). You'll see her on Olivers or Lyons GHB. 

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

As for me, this GHB was about as easy as you could expect. For a unit as valuable as Linus, they really should have made you work a lot harder for him. This was cleared in 1 try. Didn't expect to almost finish it in the test run. Swapped out Matthew's C skill for Savage Blow for a cleaner clear. Pretty sure I had Genny attack once in the last one, wanted to give everyone at least little action in the battle, but it was unnecessary turns out so this is the first GHB where she did literally nothing. It's usually Ayra but this was one of those 3-man clears. Anyways, it's done.

Ha, too easy for your team (I think I saw Genny yawn). Matthew VIP again, congratulations! 

Will you do a clear with Morgan and his gang? Would be interesting how he fares against Linus and the blue Flier. 

Cleared all three maps with Armor Emblem (M!Grima, Zephiel, Effie, H!Henry). Grima did all of the dirty work, getting buffs from everyone and blasting the opposition with VF-accelerated Aether attacks. Swapped him out of the way and used Effie to deal with the red manakete. 1st-turn Glimmer (achieved accidentally by equipping Heavy Blade 3 on her + Brave Lance) sent that draco-butt to oblivion.

I had a Felicia with seal speed and dancer take the left part killing the sword, wyvern , and blue mage; while Ike and a mage took the center killing dagger user, manakete, and Lloyd

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@Ginko Linus is pretty threatening, he just doesn't really get the opportunity to attack, it's entirely on your terms who and when he attacks. I'm going to give the MVP role to LA!Roy. He really cleaned house here. 

He is dangerous as you said. A little bit sad that he is GHB unit. If he is normal unit with boon/bane, he can be a green Shiro with those similar stats.

I try this map again and found out wether to do a revised edition?  With a different movement, this time Siegbert can initiate and survive Wrath Luna with 1 HP.  

For your clear, Genny is unemployed. I thought you would equip some ploy skill and let her back up a little. Matthew steal the show this time, only let Ayra kill the last dragon.

Edited by Ginko

Threw level 32 Raigh, Lissa, Peri and Soleil at Hard and it worked fine.

Lunatic I decided was the time to use a bunch of seasonals. It didn't work as well as I expected it to partly because Linus has Pivot to fuck with everything. Still pulled off with Daggerick, Springcina, SummeRobin and Witch!Nowi

As for Infernal, the game itself told me to use Flier Emblem. Don't have to tell me twice, Brinian, Newmilla, Bunnero and Michalis comfortably demolished the map.

I cleared lunatic with relative ease using my horses. Not going to bother with hard or infernal, I'm fine with having one Linus.

Frederick did most of the work being the resident tank, especially since even the mage wasn't a threat to him due to being blue. Rein helped a little (he dealt with red dragon guy), Sigurd and Ephraim just sat back and watched the show while buffing. lol

Edited by Anacybele

@mampfoid Very impressive!  When you said Marth I was thinking it was going to be the vanilla one, but I suppose that wouldn't make much sense.  Pass is so situational I think most would be forgiven for not even realizing it's an option.  It's something I've considered for defense teams to try and catch folks off-guard.  Nice to see it be put to good use here.  

And here it is: Askr trio & Olivia vs Linus Infernal, only 3-4* Skill Inheritancer:

Alfonse:
[Brave Sword]: 3* Cain/Ogma/Arden
[Swap]: 3* Selena/Barst
[Pavise]: 4* Hinata/Arden/Draug
[A: Brazen Atk/Def 3]: 4* Ares
[B: SwordBreaker 1-3]: 3* Sully/Abel
[C: Savage Blow 3]: 4* Camilla
[S: Atk/Def 2]

Anna:
[Noatun]: Default
[Assist Skill]: Not needed
[Moonbow]: 4* Odin/Athena/Joshua/Palla
[A: Fury 3]: 4* Hinata
[B: Wings of Mercy 3]: 4* Cain
[C: Spur Defense 3]: 4* RobinM/Sully
[S: Def Ploy 3]

Sharena:
[Fensalir]: Default
[Smite]: 3* Bartre/Effie
[Moonbow]: 4* Odin/Athena/Joshua/Palla (or none)
[A: None]
[B: None]
[C: Hone Attack 3]: 4* CorrinF/Olivia/Mathilda
[S: Quick Riposte 1-3]

Olivia:
All Default

I did Lunatic on my second try with my main team(Roy, Reinhardt, Ninian, Hinoka). I will try Infernal tonight, I think with a slight change I can beat it.