Grand Hero Battle of Destiny: Linus, the Mad Dog

SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Very impressive!  When you said Marth I was thinking it was going to be the vanilla one, but I suppose that wouldn't make much sense.  Pass is so situational I think most would be forgiven for not even realizing it's an option.  It's something I've considered for defense teams to try and catch folks off-guard.  Nice to see it be put to good use here.  

Thanks! 

Yeah, sadly I won't give Galeforce to infantry units anytime soon. Perhaps to Raven and one of the OP swords later in the future to abuse infantry pulse. BB!Marth is doing a good job though, I needed a green Cav with GF. Marth won the competition against Titania (due lack of ATK) and Alfonse (due lack of presence in my baracks). 

Pass is very situational, I've never used it before. My GF units assembled a huge collection of skills like Guard, Lunge, Drag Back, Pass, Breakers and so on.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alexmender Very nice! I was surprised at how little damage the lance flier did, but I guess Atk Smoke works wonders.

@Ginko It was nice to see Azura face some action; I honestly think she's one the the refreshers best suited for combat. Nice accessory choices too, your team makes this look easy!

@mampfoid Awesome as always, and it's nice to see picks like Oscar and Groom!Marth. Obviously I'm always a fan of some Elincia shenanigans but wow that was close!

@Rafiel's Aria Great job! That end with Mia though.

@Wanda Wow, Fjorm really cut it close there with the dagger user! It's always impressive to see the Askr units used so well.

@Zeo You weren't kidding when you said Genny did nothing, dang. Awesome clear!

@Hilda Dang there were a lot of close calls in there! This kind of clear always amazes me; it's awesome to see how well units can do without any 5 star skill inheritance.

Like others have said, this one was pretty easy. The biggest adjustment I had to make from my first attempt was a slight positioning one so Celica would be in range to kill Linus post-pivot.

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

Awesome as always, and it's nice to see picks like Oscar and Groom!Marth. Obviously I'm always a fan of some Elincia shenanigans but wow that was close!

Thanks!

I'd like to present new units more often, but Galeforce and Wings of Mercy are rare skills to me. In an earlier version I killed the dagger and the dragon with Alm, but I needed Oscar to buff Marth. 

Elincia comes always into play when there are forests and mountains. After finding the solution with Pass, I could have let Roy do the red job (edit: no he couldn't, because Marth was blocking the way. Linus needed to be attacked from the forest tile), but I already set up Elincia and she also needs some attention. ;-)

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

Like others have said, this one was pretty easy. The biggest adjustment I had to make from my first attempt was a slight positioning one so Celica would be in range to kill Linus post-pivot.

Wow, that Would Dao Ignis on Turn 1 is ridiculous. The rest was more or less routine to your girls, congratulations!

I thought you would show off some Guidance action, but it's hard to use when Reposition and other beaming skills exist (I've never used it myself sadly, not even on Tana). 

Edited by mampfoid

@kirauza343 Thank you , my pleasure that you like my team. Yeah, that Feh on Shiro's head looks too adorable. Siegbert is priceless with that hairband lol, I laugh so much the first time I equip it on him.

Your Marisa is amazing for taking hit from blue mage and still survive hit from sword too. Very well done!!

46 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, that Would Dao Ignis on Turn 1 is ridiculous. The rest was more or less routine to your girls, congratulations!

I thought you would show off some Guidance action, but it's hard to use when Reposition and other beaming skills exist (I've never used it myself sadly, not even on Tana). 

I have never regretted giving Marisa Steady Breath because of moments like that.

Guidance was helpful in setting everyone up a turn or so earlier, but I definitely used it less than I expected I would here. It was super helpful back in Seliph and Julia's BHB, but I do feel like I use it more in the arena. I would definitely miss it if I replaced it.

@mampfoid Thanks! Now that Kaze is in the summon pool I was able to give Eirika Atk Smoke without any sort of regret which means from now on she'll be even more tanky!

Your clear was pretty cool! I've never seen Pass being used which makes it all the more impressive! It was a close one when Elincia survived with 2 Hp. The way you had to get in the perfect Threshold to keep Pass active while also triggering WoM is just...Wow.

@Rafiel's Aria Thanks! It always puts a smile on my face to show others how crazy powerful Eirika can be. If you like I can ping you for the next solo I make. 

It was pretty nice to see your clear too! Lucius barely seems like a healer and more like a colorless mage which is pretty cool and your Raven is a beast. But the biggest prop goes to your Mia, reaching 70 dmg is crazy! Cool stuff! 

@Zeo Ephraim may be a bit too reckless for my tastes but I won't deny that the "walk alone and beat 'em to a pulp" approach is a very fun one to take. 

Matthew tanking like a champ as always, I see. This was almost a 2 man battle with him and Inigo doing like 90% of the work. It was very surprising to see Inigo take so little damage from the Ninja's Iceberg, that was crazy! 

@kirauza343 Thanks! Atk Smoke is a pretty good investment if you want a unit to be able to tank quite a lot, but the +12 Def from Defense Tactic and Sieglinde should not be underestimated, 42 Def is pretty high. If you like I can ping you for the next clear.

Holy...That Ignis on your Marisa deals crazy damage! She's really strong! Your clear really makes me want a Celica even more, she's so awesome Celica come home please, Alm has been waiting for a year now

@mampfoid Nice job! That Pass usage was quite clever. The enemy I had the most issues with was the Lance Dragon, again. Darn Lance Dragons. What do you mean that’s on me for not having a Green Galeforce unit? I had to use the EP for this one (which I guess I do a lot anyway).

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

What do you mean that’s on me for not having a Green Galeforce unit?

I'd give out my spare Minervas if I could. (It's not like they've got anything better to do since Sothe and Shigure have her skills covered.)

I wish they'd let you use friends' lead units in regular game modes (only after you've cleared a node).

This one was easy for me, I used horse emblem team of Finn, B!Roy, Frederick and Olwen on hard and Lunatic and used F2P video for infernal with Nino, G!Marth, Olivia and Fjorm.  I am getting Linus ready for TT now.

13 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Rafiel's Aria Ha, we posted our videos at the same time! Masked Raven, is he undercover? Close call with your Mia tanking Linus, like you wrote an occasion where +DEF was handy. Too bad your Raven uses Galeforce here only to retreat, I bet he wants to kill more ;-)

Congratulations! 

Whoops. We did post our videos at the same time. XD Honestly, I only gave Raven one of the masks because everyone else on my defense team had something, and I feel like in a different universe, he could have been an edgy mask-wearing mercenary. lol Maybe he'll get to use more galeforce someday. XD There wasn't TOO much to this map. Maybe I'll try another Raven "almost" solo one of these days. 

I love it when little skills like Pass get used. Pass and Obstruct are like...mildly annoying skills the AI uses to make your life difficult, but we rarely actually use them. XD That's a clever strategy. I'm sorry you had to waste so much fodder to figure it out! I've done that before... 

@Zeo I wonder if Matthew gets bored just sitting back and tanking all of those hits. XD It was nice to see Inigo put in some hard work. I need to remember to have him inherit Gronnraven one of these days. He's on my list, but I haven't gotten around to him yet... I'm impressed with everyone who breezed through this with relative ease. I'll admit I had a bit of trouble trying to figure out the right angle to come at it from.

@kirauza343 Guidance is such a great skill. You made this look super easy too! Really impressed with Marisa just taking a hit like a pro. And then everyone else cleaned house. I'm always happy to see someone else use Micaiah. She's super fabulous. Very glad she ended up being such a great mage.

@Alexmender Sure! I wouldn't mind a ping. Sometimes I forget to respond to stuff, but I'll make like a Nino and try to do my best. What nature did you end up choosing for your Eirika? I had been running +SPD, but I ended up changing to +ATK not that long ago. 

Thanks! Lucius is really fun in the Arena. He just slices through armors like they're butter so DC and Vengeful Fighter don't really matter. As for Mia, I'm glad she got to use Wrath finally. She always seems to prefer Vantage for these clears. She could do this run without Wrath...but the 70 damage just looked too nice not to show off.

@Rafiel's Aria I went with +Spd -Hp after I saw a Nino with 56 base Spd once and got paranoid of units with 60+ Spd. I'll change to +Atk after I get Spd Tactic though, I don't think I'll see those Spd demons anytime soon after Bold Fighter became mainstream.

13 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Guidance was helpful in setting everyone up a turn or so earlier, but I definitely used it less than I expected I would here. It was super helpful back in Seliph and Julia's BHB, but I do feel like I use it more in the arena. I would definitely miss it if I replaced it.

I would start using Guidance if I had infantry or armor units in my arena core. So far WoM on Cherche has proven to be a real winner and the buffs (ATK tactic on Cordelia, Goad Fliers on Cherche) have been crucial in many arena seasons so far. 

12 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Thanks! Now that Kaze is in the summon pool I was able to give Eirika Atk Smoke without any sort of regret which means from now on she'll be even more tanky!

Ah, I didn't check her skills this time. I think it's a good decision for this kind of clears. What do does she usually have equipped on C in arena? 

12 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Your clear was pretty cool! I've never seen Pass being used which makes it all the more impressive! It was a close one when Elincia survived with 2 Hp. The way you had to get in the perfect Threshold to keep Pass active while also triggering WoM is just...Wow.

Don't make me blush!  ... oh well, you did it. ^^' 

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice job! That Pass usage was quite clever

Thanks! I've had the idea to use that skill already in the past, but it never worked. Who would have thought it would function so well here? 

The enemy I had the most issues with was the Lance Dragon, again. Darn Lance Dragons. What do you mean that’s on me for not having a Green Galeforce unit?

Your Tana did just fine, she didn't even need Drive ATK from Roy as it seems.

Who do you have in mind for green GF? 

I'm content with Marth and Cherche so far, only that Cherche usually doesn't take damage, making her a bad WoM beacon. I'm torn between +SPD Minerva (best performance), +SPD NY!Azura (sing!) and +SPD Raven (Infantry Pulse and Guidance shenanigans). 

I had to use the EP for this one (which I guess I do a lot anyway).

I like your clear, you make fighting Linus and the Lance Flier look easy, congratulations! You already killed a lot on PP this time and making Tana kill three units was a smart move. Few would survive a hit from the Lance Flier and the red dragon, overcoming their great defense at the same time. I've tried something similar with Alm, he killed the dagger on PP and the red dragon on EP, but I needed Horse Buffs for Marth in the end (one Palla for WoM2 wasted). 

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wish they'd let you use friends' lead units in regular game modes (only after you've cleared a node).

That would be fantastic!

Too bad that I find very few leads with Galeforce equipped. 

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Whoops. We did post our videos at the same time. XD Honestly, I only gave Raven one of the masks because everyone else on my defense team had something, and I feel like in a different universe, he could have been an edgy mask-wearing mercenary. lol Maybe he'll get to use more galeforce someday. XD There wasn't TOO much to this map. Maybe I'll try another Raven "almost" solo one of these days. 

After trying Accessoires on few units and seeing everyone in Arena dressed up the same, this new feature lost most of its appeal to me.

A Raven solo or almost-solo would be cool btw!

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I love it when little skills like Pass get used. Pass and Obstruct are like...mildly annoying skills the AI uses to make your life difficult, but we rarely actually use them. XD That's a clever strategy. I'm sorry you had to waste so much fodder to figure it out! I've done that before... 

Thanks!

Don't worry about the fodder. Like @Ice Dragon wrote, most of it went to units that will make use of it eventually in the future (i.e. Fury 3/WoM3 on Elincia and Guard on Roy). 

@mampfoid Pass this time? You never fail to throw in some kind of unorthodox spice to your clears do you? Cool as always! I hope switching around supports hasn't been too tiring for you, since each one you seem to have a new pair up to squeeze in just the right numbers for some kills.

@Alkaid Thanks, very much appreciated! 

I would love to show a different skill each time, but for example two of the next clears (Oliver and Lyon) will be possible on the classic way (kill, take damage, sweep in and kill) without much inheritance. Perhaps I'll find a way to use Knock Back (if it takes two units to kill one oppponent) or another strange skill in the future. 

Switching supports is not my favorite part of the game, I wish it was easier/faster. At least no S-Support was needed here, Elincia needed just B for some extra bulk which is  fast enough to reach. Auto GHB tactics help a lot in these cases. The other thing is, after each clear I have to bring everyone back to at least 1,000-2,000 SP. Grinding SP is no fun if you already have a solution for a map in mind, I'm too impatient in these moments. 

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Rafiel's Aria I went with +Spd -Hp after I saw a Nino with 56 base Spd once and got paranoid of units with 60+ Spd. I'll change to +Atk after I get Spd Tactic though, I don't think I'll see those Spd demons anytime soon after Bold Fighter became mainstream.

I've seen some crazy fast units before. It can be really scary... But in the higher tiers of the Arena, I see way less Nino, and Drive SPD usually helps me outspeed her anyways. I'll probably stick with +ATK for now then. I like the extra oomph to her hits.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's no such thing as "wasted fodder", only "investment in the future".

I still feel like the reposition I accidentally put on my PA!Azura was definitely wasted fodder. XD But I see what you mean.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Don't worry about the fodder. Like @Ice Dragon wrote, most of it went to units that will make use of it eventually in the future (i.e. Fury 3/WoM3 on Elincia and Guard on Roy). 

Hopefully it helps you out in the future then!!! :3

@mampfoid Hah. Having to land exactly between two HP thresholds. Nice.

@Zeo Huh, when beating my head against this I never tried coming up that way.

While I say head beating occurred it wasn't too bad. I did it with my Fire Team(Eirika/Legendary Ephraim/Myrrh/Seigbert). Myrrh could easily tank the first turn. The trick was to get Linus and the red dragon to move in such a way that clearing everything out next turn was possible. Time and time again I see that lacking any range is a severe weakness of this team. Thankfully I have an Elise now. I am very tempted to swap Seigbert out for her. I will need a source of ATK tactics for that though if I want to keep the Tactics theme going.

@Zeo @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @NegativeExponents- @Vaximillian @Cute Chao @Rezzy @DefaultBeep @Ginko @Frenzify (for Beruka love)

I like this map because I can be a little bit more creative with themes. So here is an Assassins team theme against the Black Fang's Mad Dog!

Team is +Spd/-Res Katarina, +Def/-Res Beruka, +Spd/-Res 4 star Saizo and neutral 4 star Ursula

Music is "The Brotherhood Escapes" from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood OST

A few things-

-Tactical Assassins! Saizo's Def Tactic helps with Katarina's bladetome blasts. I also had various Hone/Fortify skills randomly learned in other teammates which helped (Ursula's Hone Atk was from Hone Cavalry, I randomly gave Beruka Fortify Res whenever I get a Caeda for Fortify Fliers, etc.).

-Death from above! Beruka's Guidance is really useful for this map. Also she tanks the swordie very well near the end.

-Saizo the fifth strikes! Saizo was really important- his Smoke Dagger's Def/Res debuff was key so Beruka can finish off the mage. Savage Blow also helped, bu the Def/Res is more important- I could've and wanted to use Clarisse for an all female assassin's team but I don't have her refined bow so it only debuffs Atk/Spd instead of the defenses like I wanted. Anyway, I always wanted to use Saizo somewhere- he's earned an upgrade after this map.

-Hidden (Magical) Blades- Katarina was the clear MVP. Spd+3 was needed so she can double the manakete. Also assassinating enemies with magical blades falling from the sky- so stylish. Also she surprised me by tanking the blue mages attack- even in my original clear where she didn't have Attack Ploy- and that's being -Res!!! (Okay Fortify Res buff helps but still!) Ursula follows suit in the end with her own blue bladetome but my original clear didn't even have Ursula do anything besides being a mobile buffbot. Ironic considering her connection with the Black Fang and her opponent, you'd think she'd have a more important role.

-And yea, to top of the theme I took a track from Assassin's Creed :P. 

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas Hey cool, Infernal clear with two 4* units, congratulations!

Never got a Katarina, so nice to see her and also Beruka. Clever use of Smoke dagger, good everyone was stacked nicely together at the choke point. Strong Ignis by Beruka, with a simple +DEF on A she would have killed the Sword Fighter. Bonus points for the usage of Guidance, a really an underappreciated skill (also by me so far).