Grand Hero Battle of Destiny: Linus, the Mad Dog

SatsumaFSoysoy

17 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Below is my Infernal clear of this GHB. That blue mage posed as a small annoyance with Drive Speed but Goad Cavalry gave Cecilia enough speed for her to double the sword fighter. On a side note, I think Cecilia is going to file a complaint for making her tank physical hits XD

She's probably just glad she isn't having to eat another crit from Zephiel :P

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@tobuShogi Wow, Cecilia doesn't care much about the weapon triangle. A little sad to see an unemployed Roy, but his teammates are doing a great job. 

Have to thank the power of Blade tomes; never really cared about weapon triangle disadvantages or Atk banes. 

Roy was didn't engage in combat but I needed Roy to be near Reinhardt for the Atk bonus from their S rank support to take out the Thief. 

7 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

She's probably just glad she isn't having to eat another crit from Zephiel :P

I'm sure she's glad that criticals aren't a thing in this game. 

@mampfoid but Cherche didn't Knock Back anyone? :P 

@Rafiel's Aria @Zeo @Cute Chao @NegativeExponents- @Ginko @Vaximillian

So after doing the Raven Basilikos vs Basilikos theme, I was inspired to do another FE7 run theme. This time, it's the seasonal versions of the main characters in Blazing Sword!

A few things:

-Wary Fighter tactics! (Your favourite skill @mampfoid) Always good to deny follow-ups. LA Eliwood needed the Def Tactic, Res+1 and the S-support with Vector to survive both the mage and swordie, even with Vector's Ward Armour support. 

-Vector needed Vantage so the swordie wouldn't attack him and would attack Eliwood instead. Vantage also plays a big part in duelling Linus later on. Also Ignis is a beast.

-Originally had normal Ninian in this run, and it took a lot longer without Guidance (the armours moving to the left took a few turns!). Now that I have Bride Ninian, I could use Guidance so she acts as a shortcut and make the video a lot shorter. Plus Vector jumping across the river was really handy.

@mcsilas No comment because you didn't let LA Eliwood marry with Bridal Ninian lol. Karla with Wrath really temp me to pull for her. I want to build a double Wrath Vector but now I'm saving every single orb for +10 Shiro as I will pass every banner until he appear again T^T.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid but Cherche didn't Knock Back anyone? :P 

Woops, how embarrassing (Nowi was not knocked back, but blown to pieces). I remember an earlier try where Knock Back was involved, but it didn't work in the end. 

-Wary Fighter tactics! (Your favourite skill @mampfoid) Always good to deny follow-ups.

It's allowed for the good guys. On enemy units it's just annoying. 

So after doing the Raven Basilikos vs Basilikos theme, I was inspired to do another FE7 run theme. This time, it's the seasonal versions of the main characters in Blazing Sword!

Not the biggest armor fan, but who can say no to a 86 dmg Ignis? Adorable couples, they just miss Ally support. That tight spot was perfect for Guidance, you found an elegant solution. Congratulations! 

@NegativeExponents- - It's really cool seeing someone use Lloyd and Ursula! Ursula was one of the first mage cavs I ever built period, and I still think she's bomb. That Nino bomb at the end to take out the ninja plus Lloyd's walling and ultimate killing of the manakete was great. He deserved some love for sure. Poor guy. Great clear!

@mcsilas - RAVEN AND LUCIUS. I feel like when I joined SF they weren't my favorite characters. XD I haven't even played their game in like...10 years it feels like. And now they're my gimmick. They're a super team together no matter what. Great work. Seeing Miracle at work is always nice. Now with Live to Serve, as a seal, I feel like Lucius could become...a little scarier to deal with. But that that massive damage at the end with triangle disadvantage too! True awesomeness. I'm so proud.

For the second clear...Looks like someone interfered with a wedding and made the Lords angry. I love the aesthetics. XD I think Eliwood is my favorite armor (design wise), so any time I can see him in action, I'm super happy even if he got beaten up pretty badly at the beginning. XD But man...as far as lines go, Hector gets some of the best. Another fun clear!

@Zeo - That second clear was REALLY fun to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not only is it nice to see mixed teams but also Amelia. I don't usually see her outside of Arena teams, and she's a really amazing character. Also...Harsh Command? Genius. I was talking about how I always forget about Pass...Harsh Command is definitely another skill I NEVER remember. Looks like this team is coming along rather nicely!

I think these were the videos I was tagged in. Let me know if I missed someone's. I do enjoy watching them, but sometimes I get busy. XD Or lazy. Or a mixture of the two. As an adult, I should be able to stay up past 8:30. But also, as an adult, I reserve the right to go to bed as soon as the sun is gone, and it's technically "night time." lol 

@Rafiel's Aria well when you have Lucius and Raven avatars, I can’t help but associate you with them haha. And i’m glad vanilla Lucius worked pretty well without refinements- i just need to wait for a better bane to properly build him. No merges needed for any of them!

Also did you catch bride Ninian saying ‘This is love’ when starting the battle?  Referring to the duo maybe? Lol

as for the lords and brides- i actually didn’t notice! I just went with the first seasonal versions of each one and it does fit pretty well- valentine guys with bridal girls.

and yea really like LA eliwood too but i’m unsure what build to give him, hence the lack of special haha

@Ginko ooh double Wrath Vector sounds really nice! Good luck on future Shiro hunting though!

also Brinian is too new for S support haha. Unfortunately shares a colour with Eliwood though and Vector appreciate’s his best bro’s support more in armour teams haha

@mampfoid i know, those Ignis bombs hurt so much! If i had Wrath that would be 96 damage! But yeah in an earlier clear where Vector didn’t initiate Linus and had Vantage ready, he would ORKO Linus with a charged Ignis straight away

Edited by mcsilas

On 6/12/2018 at 2:28 AM, mampfoid said:

Infernal One Turn clear: 

[Video]

Ok, this was hard on so many levels because the opponents are far away, that blue mage has guard equipped and Linus is hard to kill without Desperation. Tried a lot of different ways and wasted valuable fodder (1 Cain, 2 Leon, 1 Hinata, 1 Palla etc.), but interestingly a single Gaius was the key to solve this map. Two premieres for my clears: First time Marth (sadly without his vanilla weapon) and first time Pass (yeah, that skill Cordelia never learned). 

Elincia needed Summoner support and DEF Tactic to survive that sword fighters vengeance. She couldn't kill Linus first, because a quad was needed to proc her GF, therefore the pass magic. Marth needed to quad the lance flier (to proc GF) and take more than 50% damage (to proc WoM) and to take less than 75% damage (to keep Pass active) at the same time. 

Wow, nice work!  Sorry it took me a while to respond.  Lately, I haven't been on the forums as much as I used to be.  I love that Pass was the key for this one, hehehe.  I also like that you used Groom Marth!  :]

9 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Wow, nice work!  Sorry it took me a while to respond.  Lately, I haven't been on the forums as much as I used to be.  I love that Pass was the key for this one, hehehe.  I also like that you used Groom Marth!  :]

Thanks! Don't worry, as long as you return to SF I'm content ;-) 

Also Marth will return, not so sure about Pass ... 

23 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria well when you have Lucius and Raven avatars, I can’t help but associate you with them haha. And i’m glad vanilla Lucius worked pretty well without refinements- i just need to wait for a better bane to properly build him. No merges needed for any of them!

Also did you catch bride Ninian saying ‘This is love’ when starting the battle?  Referring to the duo maybe? Lol

as for the lords and brides- i actually didn’t notice! I just went with the first seasonal versions of each one and it does fit pretty well- valentine guys with bridal girls.

and yea really like LA eliwood too but i’m unsure what build to give him, hence the lack of special haha

Ehehe... To be fair, I've changed my avatar around a little, but this art was so nice. Yeah. That's my excuse. I did try to look for a really nice pic of Merric to use, but there isn't quite as much fan art of him. Not as much as I'd like to see anyways. 

I did!!! It was absolute precious. XD 

LA Eliwood is pretty flexible which I like. I ended up giving him the RES refine on his lance and Iceberg as a special. If I ever have the resources to build him up, I'd go with a DC build for him, but that's not exactly feasible at the moment. I find his base kit is fine!

On 6/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, mampfoid said:

Go for it :-)

Done!

Spoiler

I needed to use Azura because using Tana would irreparably mess with the buff scheme. Fortunately she’s had Galeforce for the better part of the past year.

Bonus clear - only Caeda fights:

Spoiler

Did I mention that I hate Lance Dragons? I feel like I might have mentioned that a few dozen times.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Done!

Hide contents

I needed to use Azura because using Tana would irreparably mess with the buff scheme. Fortunately she’s had Galeforce for the better part of the past year.

Bonus clear - only Caeda fights:

Reveal hidden contents

Did I mention that I hate Lance Dragons? I feel like I might have mentioned that a few dozen times.

Wait, what? First you used Caeda only for buffs and Reposition. Second, I don't remember your Roy being +8? He doesn't even need a +ATK seal to kill Linus in two hits of his Brave Sword (of course ATK tactic and Spur ATK helped). This way he didn't need Desperation and could pull off clever Hit&Run moves. Third, two new (at least new to me) GF units? 

Very cool run, congratulations (also to your Caeda clear)! Can't wait to see more of Azura and Minerva. (told you a dancer with GF was a good idea). 

Btw: What do you have against dragon lances? Without them we couldn't enjoy Caeda killing one with only Savage blow and Glacies. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Wait, what? First you used Caeda only for buffs and Reposition. Second, I don't remember your Roy being +8? He doesn't even need a +ATK seal to kill Linus in two hits of his Brave Sword (of course ATK tactic and Spur ATK helped). This way he didn't need Desperation and could pull off clever Hit&Run moves. Third, two new (at least new to me) GF units? 

Very cool run, congratulations (also to your Caeda clear)! Can't wait to see more of Azura and Minerva. (told you a dancer with GF was a good idea). 

Btw: What do you have against dragon lances? Without them we couldn't enjoy Caeda killing one with only Savage blow and Glacies. 

Going in order here. Yeah, Caeda only buffing and positioning was a little saddening. I really just needed an Atk Tactic carrying Flier to get Roy over the river, and those don’t exactly grow on trees (or anywhere).

Roy was +7 when I started doing these, the 8th came after he ambushed me on the Scattered Fangs banner. He’s actually pity broken me the most out of any red besides possibly Lyn; I’ve pulled him a whole two times on-banner.

Minerva is new to me too. Azura has had Galeforce for ages (Arena scoring; she was on a team with Eirika and Nino...amazing for performance, not so much for point value), but I’ve never needed a non-Flier Galeforce Lance for one of these before now.

I admittedly miscounted on the Galeforce dancer thing. Somehow I got it in my head that you’d only be able to take out 5 enemies with 2 regular Galeforcers, 1 Galeforce dancer, and 1 positioning bot. To this day, I do not know where I got that idea. In this case, I could actually have used Heavy Blade seal Ephraim just as effectively.

Lance Dragons are blue, bulky, and not inherently susceptible to the Wing Sword. On top of that, there’s precedent for them to carry Swordbreaker (though I’m pretty sure the main reason for that was because the boss of the map in question was a Dragon, and they didn’t want Falchions just waltzing around the place). Perhaps “hate” was not the correct word there, though. They’re mostly just annoying.

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Roy was +7 when I started doing these, the 8th came after he ambushed me on the Scattered Fangs banner. He’s actually pity broken me the most out of any red besides possibly Lyn; I’ve pulled him a whole two times on-banner.

You have a lot of Lyns too? You could distribute Galeforce in your barracks like candy (Ephraim got it too?). But like you, most of my Roy copies came off banner. I won't complain though. 

Lance Dragons are blue, bulky, and not inherently susceptible to the Wing Sword. On top of that, there’s precedent for them to carry Swordbreaker (though I’m pretty sure the main reason for that was because the boss of the map in question was a Dragon, and they didn’t want Falchions just waltzing around the place). Perhaps “hate” was not the correct word there, though. They’re mostly just annoying.

Annoying on first glance, but even more satisfying to kill. Your Caeda would die of boredom if the maps were filled with green cavs. 

Going in order here. Yeah, Caeda only buffing and positioning was a little saddening. I really just needed an Atk Tactic carrying Flier to get Roy over the river, and those don’t exactly grow on trees (or anywhere).

Sometimes we need Cavs movement to reach the enemies, Caeda will get her action soon enough (Lyon). Btw: you could have used a Hone Cav/Smite unit instead. 

Pardon if this arrived late and I included Lloyd's GHB in this video; but that was for Themed reasons...

@mampfoid@mcsilas@Vaximillian@Rezzy@LordFrigid@Rafiel's Aria@bottlegnomes@Zeo

The second half of this video contains the Linus Grand Hero Battle in Infernal. I used Lilina with her refresher friends again. Can somebody say "BBQ" and "Hot Dog"?

Edited by Frosty

@Frosty I liked the Heavy Blade usage in the first clear (Lloyds GHB). 

Seems like Linus' map was made for Guidance, for a second I though you would let Airzura tank the Dagger. 65 damage overkill with the last attack, the dagger sure was defeated. Congratulations! 

Would be interesting to see Lilina against one of the Grimas or Hardin, I guess a lot of chiping would be needed. 

• 5 months later...

And we're back with another edition of Dancer Emblem~

@daisy jane

Sorry it takes so many turns in the beginning to get set up, asdfggkl

This one was much easier than Ike and Soren. Despite what it may seem, Azura had plenty of space to work with this time to get rid of those pesky blue units and Inigo got to be a bit more active this time. Not much in terms of Skills was needed. Silvia had Quickened Pulse and Lene Spur Atk/Res to make taking down the Manakete a bit faster,  and Inigo Triangle Adept to take less damage against the Blue Mage, but it was otherwise not that difficult to figure out a set up here~

On to the Quests~

Finally some room to breath. Sorry for all the replys I keep skipping out on. Christmas season in retail can be such a pain... Anyway, gotta check out another GHB I let me pass by all those months ago. Let's fix that. But first:

@Landmaster Woo Dancer Emblem is looking great. I love the theme and hope to see more of them in the future. Don't worry aboout the set-up time. It often pays off to be patient with these. Even with the disadvantage in stats, your dancers performed excellently here! Highlights for me were Minizura taking out the Sword Infantry and Lene tanking all that damage. A dancer with a lot of physical bulk is very valuable indeed, as I know firsthand.

Now for my own clear:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @ruruo @kirauza343 @Zeo @Azuris 

Music: The Trail - from the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (A bit different from my usual selection. haha)

Was a bit unsure how to approach at first, since my Takus didn't feel like taking an axe to the face. Luckily, Sunkumi has never cared about mountain terrain and helped me position as needed. To get Skadikumi to survive getting ganged up on by three units at once, I eventually settled on taking a page out of Sakura's book and give him double bond skills. They worked out a lot better than just Fury (not that hard, since Fury isn't meant for tanking repeated attacks in the first place), Afterwards it was just a matter of doing some clean up. Besides positioning, buffing and finishing off the already weakened blue mage, Sunkumi didn't do too much in this clear. But since he is usually the mvp, I decided to it was fine to have him in the background this time. Fodder for this clear: 4* Marisa and 4* W!Cecilia. Acceptable and probably just a matter of time.

Princess clear will probably go up on Sunday at the earliest. 

Edited by Nanima

Armour was the easiest and I didn't even have armour march. Hunktor, Hectet, Tharmas and FrankenJakob were chosen and had an easy time of it with Bravtor doing most of the work.

Askrtrio cleared with Genny. First off everyone moves to the north in such a way that Sharena is in range of the dagger and manakete while Anna's next to her and Alfonse is to the south of Anna. The manakete dies on EP, Sharena also takes out the dagger while Genny hits the sword user with Gravity (Trapping Linus as well), Anna moves next to Sharena and Alfonse drags Genny back. The next turn, Anna 1-rounds the mage who failed to beat Sharena, Genny hits Linus and Alfonse finishes, with Sharena moving near Alfonse, which give Alfonse just enough speed to not be take out and I can finish with anyone except the out of range Anna.

Linus beat Linus with Canas, Lyn and Ishtar. It took a while to figure out, but Ishtar and Canas go north for Ishtar to 1-round the manakete while Linus and Lyn wait nearby. Ishtar survives and because the dagger is north of the tree I have her drag Canas back while Lyn waits for the sword to come in range. Linus continues to move for Ishtar while the mage is now in position for Linus next turn. Lyn finishes off the sword infantry she fought, Linus 1-rounds the mage and Canas finishes the dagger while also being in place for Linus to fight and doing enough damage for Linus to finish.. 

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

Finally some room to breath. Sorry for all the replys I keep skipping out on. Christmas season in retail can be such a pain... Anyway, gotta check out another GHB I let me pass by all those months ago. Let's fix that. But first:

@Landmaster Woo Dancer Emblem is looking great. I love the theme and hope to see more of them in the future. Don't worry aboout the set-up time. It often pays off to be patient with these. Even with the disadvantage in stats, your dancers performed excellently here! Highlights for me were Minizura taking out the Sword Infantry and Lene tanking all that damage. A dancer with a lot of physical bulk is very valuable indeed, as I know firsthand.

Now for my own clear:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @ruruo @kirauza343 @Zeo @Azuris 

Music: The Trail - from the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (A bit different from my usual selection. haha)

Was a bit unsure how to approach at first, since my Takus didn't feel like taking an axe to the face. Luckily, Sunkumi has never cared about mountain terrain and helped me position as needed. To get Skadikumi to survive getting ganged up on by three units at once, I eventually settled on taking a page out of Sakura's book and give him double bond skills. They worked out a lot better than just Fury (not that hard, since Fury isn't meant for tanking repeated attacks in the first place), Afterwards it was just a matter of doing some clean up. Besides positioning, buffing and finishing off the already weakened blue mage, Sunkumi didn't do too much in this clear. But since he is usually the mvp, I decided to it was fine to have him in the background this time.

Princess clear will probably go up on Sunday at the earliest. 

Thanks, haha! If you hadn't seen it, the Ike and Soren clear was where I first tested them out (I think this one may have been a bit better of a clear). I think I'll try to clear other maps with them just to see how far they can get XD I was also surprised myself that Azura could take out the Sword Fighter the first time I tried it.

Sunkumi had a good role of positioning to keep everyone where they need to be since he has the Flying advantage on the terrain~ Vantage Skadkumi was really cool,  I liked that after he takes all those hits, the other Takumis come to the rescue to finish off the rest~ And I liked the music!~

Sorry about the lag in this video. i'm not sure why that's the case, and i would have recorded it but the end from Nino was so perfect and I wasn't sure if i was ever going to find it so appropriate again. 

White Wolf? Meet FlySquad

Edited by daisy jane