Poll : For the next any Fire Emblem titles - The promoted Lord-unit's map-performances.

Generally, no matter the types, Skills, builds, weaponries, or any of the Lord unit's battle-performances, the Lord units initially always appears as the infantry units.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. When the Lord get promoted, despise any game's mechanics and the Lord's own advantages or disadvantages, which type that you like or prefer for any next Lord's map-performances?

• Keep the Lord as an INFANTRY unit with more improved terrain-flexibility, since terrain effects are vital things even only with fairly movement speed!
    • Give the Lord a best horse to become a CAVALRY unit, since fastest movements and actions are absolutely necessary even only on plain and grass tiles!
    • Make the Lord to become a FLYING unit, since fast movements and reposition without obstacles are so important even must lost all the terrain-effect bonuses!
    • The Lord doesn't need terrain-flexibility nor any types of riding-steeds! Just dress the Lord with the most durable and sturdy ARMOR, no matter how thick or heavy it is! Hector need colleagues!

They should be infantry, mostly because if a game has terrain, it's there for a reason, and shouldn't be by-passed willy-nilly. 

Edited by Reality

I guess I would prefer the next lord to be infantry as well, but whether or  not that works well depends on the games maps and how heavy the terrain focus is and how that affects units with different movement types. IS has shown tons of favoritism to mounts in almost every game and given little comparatively to infantry so hopefully an infantry lord won’t be completely screwed over.

It depends on what kind of Lord you have in my opinion. When it is a bulky lord like Hector i don't think a flying unit would be my go just because i cannot imagine someone with a heavy armor sitting on a pegasus/wyvern as all pegasus/wyvern knight are shown with rather light or medium armor. 

I would really love to see a flying lord to be honest as it would be something fairly different from the "i either stay infantry" or "i magically get a horse" and i have not played a game yet where a flying lord is present

Wow. Mouthful of a title. Hard to even parse what it is from the main page. As far as things go though, give me a flier, we haven't seen a flying lord yet (unless you go Wyveren or Pegasus with Corrin).

2 hours ago, Reality said:

They should be infantry, mostly because if a game has terrain, it's there for a reason, and shouldn't be by-passed willy-nilly. 

So you're saying that flier units just "by-pass (terrain) willy-nilly." Just because fliers move through any terrain, doesn't mean that the terrain is being ignored and it's purpose has been lost.

Terrain is placed with fliers in mind. In Lyn's story of FE7 on the chapter you get Florina, there is a mountain stopping you from saving the village to the north. Florina can fly over it and save the village or she can rescue one of your other units and drop them off near the village. Now your five units are split into two groups and working on different things. The units north of the mountains are eliminating enemies and saving the village and the southern group is advancing to the right and securing the armory. The mountains in this case are being UTILIZED by your flier, not IGNORED and BYPASSED.

I'd be game for an armored god lord, maybe have a lord who is an ashnard type who has no chance of becoming ruler without some horrible thing happening to the family, so they decide to be a warrior instead.

It really depends on how the game is designed. If the game is seize heavy then the lord will probably be foot locked. All the seize heavy games are built around the lord going at a certain pace and if the lord was mounted or a flier it would kind of destroy that pace.

In genealogy the maps are gigantic so it doesn’t matter that Sigurd and Seliph are mounted

Eliwood spends the majority of the game on foot and when he gets his horse the only seize map is the biggest in the game.

Hector remains slow and is hard to rescue to further increase the games difficulty.

Roy is pretty weak and the enemies in his game are strong so no one can really carry him without putting themselves at risk.

Marth is one of the only units not allowed to reclass in FE 11 and 12 and that feels intentional so that he won’t be able to speed through his maps.

Awakening is a rout and defeat boss only game so it doesn’t matter what class Chrom is in.

Finally Fates has a lot of different map types so it also doesn’t matter. The seize map in the prologue can only be seized by Corrin but that’s before reclassing is available and any other allows anyone to seize the point.

I'd prefer to have a more armored lord just because it is pretty rare, and I'd like a reason to use an armored unit. Preferably they do take a cue from Fates on the difference classes their main lords can promote into. All the games have multiple lords, but most end up as either infantry or cavalry upon promotion (barring Hector) until Fates where we got Hinoka and Camilla. If in the new game we get four 3 - 4 lords giving each of them a mix of two of those classes would be ideal. One can stay infantry or get a horse, one can choose between a flying unit or cavalry, etc...

On 6/9/2018 at 5:31 PM, illegal knight said:

Hmmm... It's looks like, the "Heavy Lord" is not so popular than it seems so far... :dry:  (...ssshh...I didn't said "Hector"... :rolleyes:)

I think that has more to do with Armors sucking than Hector himself.  Especially if the lord’s the only one who can seize like in any game that’s not Fates, Armor is frankly the last thing you want to be since that means you take more time to reach the throne.

We've never had a flying lord even though we've had infantry, armor, and cavalry lords. Let's go with flying.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

We've never had a flying lord even though we've had infantry, armor, and cavalry lords. Let's go with flying.

This. Though I don't think Hector was actually classified as armor in FE7 as he is in Heroes. But I agree with flying lord. Closest we have to that is Elincia and she's not a true lord still.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This. Though I don't think Hector was actually classified as armor in FE7 as he is in Heroes. But I agree with flying lord. Closest we have to that is Elincia and she's not a true lord still.

I think is first tier wasn't, but his promtoed class was. Not that it makes a massive amount of difference as there's few if any armour slaying enemies in the game. He doesn't get a point of move upon promotion though.

Edited by Jotari