Ideas For Book 3

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Gunnthra specifically mentions contacting the Summoner in the dream. It's the same Gunnthra, just at an earlier point in time.

There's full gameplay and story segregation here. If Fjorm dies, it will have absolutely no gameplay impact, just like Gunnthra dying.

That's the point they're trying to make.

The Fjorm we have is literally the same character, same time, same iteration. The summonable Gunnthra is not the same one that we saw in the story since, well, she died.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunnthra's not dead, she's just

pining for the Fjorms

Book 3 will be The Voyage Home, where we try to travel back to Kiran's homeland to get Fjorm some modern antibiotics and get involved in a bunch of comedic hijinks along the way.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Three Houses is still half a year out right now, and the number three plays no significance in the Japanese title of the game, where it can very loosely be translated as Four Seasons.

So you're saying Four Seasons confirmed for Book 4! Seriously though, we might end up seeing stuff from Three Houses during the latter half of Book 3, provided it doesn't get delayed. Shadows of Valentia characters appeared in Heroes before Shadows of Valentia was actually released (or rather, Gaiden characters appeared with their Shadow of Valentia designs). I don't expect they'd do that this time round as we're dealing with completely new characters, but one or two months after Three Houses is released I could definitely see them having a banner. Have to ride that hype train after all.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

So you're saying Four Seasons confirmed for Book 4! Seriously though, we might end up seeing stuff from Three Houses during the latter half of Book 3, provided it doesn't get delayed. Shadows of Valentia characters appeared in Heroes before Shadows of Valentia was actually released (or rather, Gaiden characters appeared with their Shadow of Valentia designs). I don't expect they'd do that this time round as we're dealing with completely new characters, but one or two months after Three Houses is released I could definitely see them having a banner. Have to ride that hype train after all.

I am 100% sure we will have a Three Houses Banner in the same month we get the game.We got Alm's banner when Shadows of Valentia was released in Japan, and then we got Celica's banner when the game was released for the rest of the world. They need to sell their characters, after all. I would say Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude are good candidates for the first banner, but who know what will be the first banner... We had Alm, Lukas, Clair and Faye in the first Shadow of Valentia banner, which, except Alm, were random choices...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am 100% sure we will have a Three Houses Banner in the same month we get the game.We got Alm's banner when Shadows of Valentia was released in Japan, and then we got Celica's banner when the game was released for the rest of the world. They need to sell their characters, after all. I would say Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude are good candidates for the first banner, but who know what will be the first banner... We had Alm, Lukas, Clair and Faye in the first Shadow of Valentia banner, which, except Alm, were random choices...

What Alm, Lukas, Clair and Faye all have in common is that they're Act 1 characters who the player will meet in the first few hours of playing the game (well first few minutes for everyone aside from Clair). And I'd say that's intentional. They were characters that would be instantly recognizable to people who had just picked up the new game. The reason I think they might delay slightly after Three Heroes release is because everyone in that game will be new characters while the Gaiden characters (Faye aside) did exist in some form before that a certain number of people would already be familiar with. They might give a few weeks for players to actually buy and play Three Houses before releasing characters in Heroes. Of course I wouldn't at all be surprised if they did a banner with a simultaneous release of the game either. Hype is hype after all. In any case I expect the characters we'll see will be among the starting recruits (however that's lined out in Three Houses. Not sure as I've been basically keeping away from info on it).

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

What Alm, Lukas, Clair and Faye all have in common is that they're Act 1 characters who the player will meet in the first few hours of playing the game (well first few minutes for everyone aside from Clair). And I'd say that's intentional. They were characters that would be instantly recognizable to people who had just picked up the new game. The reason I think they might delay slightly after Three Heroes release is because everyone in that game will be new characters while the Gaiden characters (Faye aside) did exist in some form before that a certain number of people would already be familiar with. They might give a few weeks for players to actually buy and play Three Houses before releasing characters in Heroes. Of course I wouldn't at all be surprised if they did a banner with a simultaneous release of the game either. Hype is hype after all. In any case I expect the characters we'll see will be among the starting recruits (however that's lined out in Three Houses. Not sure as I've been basically keeping away from info on it).

IS could make a Three Houses banner to introduce the characters and, one or two months after the game release date, release another banner with units that are not the main characters, like Alm's Army and Celica's Army banners.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

IS could make a Three Houses banner to introduce the characters and, one or two months after the game release date, release another banner with units that are not the main characters, like Alm's Army and Celica's Army banners.

My idea is that they'd start with the quartet of lordlets, but hopefully they'll give them less-than-legendary weapons. Several early-joining characters perhaps as well. Maybe an early villain for GHB.

Then they do a poll some months later, and in combination with checking social media, they determine who is popular with the fans. Then they assemble a banner of non-lord PCs from this data.

The four lords later, one by one in a drip feed fashion, get Legendary variants featuring their promotions and ultimate weapons.

This would likely take more than a year to complete. Seasonals would probably not be able to happen for 3H due to the need for popularity datum until 2020.

On 6/6/2018 at 4:24 AM, NekoKnight said:

It's possible that the coming chapter will just be the start of the battle that leads to Surtr dying. Gustav dying would be the most ridiculous plot development. A guy who we've never even seen just shows up in Muspell to die? Do we need to kill every member of Fjorm's family to get her to emote?

Loki seems like a greater scope villain, so I don't think she'll die in Book II. I suspect that Surtr will die soon and there will be foreshadowing of some larger scheme that Loki is cooking up before the end of the book. It could take a lot of chapters though, what with the pacing of Hero's story.

Honestly, I think Loki will win CYL3. There are a few things going for her.
1. She's has a busty figure and a revealing outfit. Awakening had Tharja, Fates had Camilla and Hero's has the latest flavor in Heroes.
2. People like recruiting villains.
3. Like Veronica and unlike most of the other OCs, she has been given character development and persistent story presence.

I usually don't like the gratuitous fanservice characters but I begrudgingly admit that she's better written than most of the Heroes cast.

-----

As for what I expect, I think Loki will be the greater scope villain who wants to create a war that will consume all worlds. Something like causing Ragnarok to happen. I don't know how she'll accomplish this beyond sending more enslaved Heroes your way but it would be interesting if she actually manipulated powers to reach her goals. There are still 7 worlds left to explore from the Norse mythology this game borrows so heavily from, so we might get OCs from another world next.

Most of the writing seems like it's made month by month with no real long term goals. Book II is better than Book 1 but all of the characters are extremely underutilized. Anna is their generic commander (+comic relief in paralogues), Sharena is there to talk about friendship and positive vibes, and Fjorm and Gunnthra barely have/had personalities. Alfonse is really the only character with much character depth or involvement in the plot. For villains and antagonists, we have Bruno who fell off the face of the earth, Veronica who is very slowly being retconned developing into a better person, Laev, Laeg and Helbindi who are interesting but treated more as a flavor of the week, Surtr who is a complete joke and Loki, who is shaping up to be important. There is also that small child, who I believe has the personality and story relevance of a small child.

We need more thought out story and character arcs for everyone and actual world-building so we care about anything that is happening. It seems unlikely though.

If they were to use  the other 7 kingdoms here are the characters they would go with:

Midgard - the most likely cousins of Alfonse, Shareena, and secret Askr child. They would have ties to the god of their kingdom(Midgard Serpent like dragon).

Jotunheim - possibly beast units who have been a thorn in askr's side for years.

Vanaheim - a sorcerer kingdom full of mages and everything.

Alfheim - a dragon kingdom full of dragons or dancer elves.

Svartalfheim - a kingdom full of blacksmiths gives the askr trio the legendary weapons to slay the dark god (possibly loki).

Helheim - a kingdom full of(actually I don't know how they would do this one because their all kind of dead anyone who has any ideas let me know)

10 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Gunnthra's not dead, she's just

Reveal hidden contents

pining for the Fjorms

Book 3 will be The Voyage Home, where we try to travel back to Kiran's homeland to get Fjorm some modern antibiotics and get involved in a bunch of comedic hijinks along the way.

I  don't think kiran is from the real world he/she is most likely the son or daughter of the god askr worships.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

If the story doesn't continue to pick up, I fully support this. Abandon the story and embrace the silly. No more new characters will be released as they will no longer fit the modern day era's aesthetic, and therefore we will get all alts from now on, a la Tokyo Mirage Sessions. On the plus side, the rising awareness of furries will finally allow the addition of Beast units to the game. Sure they'll just slap cat ears and a tail on some girls, but Beasts are Beasts.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:36 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Three Houses is still half a year out right now, and the number three plays no significance in the Japanese title of the game, where it can very loosely be translated as Four Seasons.

It needs no  numerical significance. What's important is that Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude would be summonable next year. ?

After as a funny semi-serious response in the General Discussion featuring a Zombie Surtr, I decided to write up a whole Book 4.

Book 4 (starting version is 4.444 by the way, no 4.0-4.443 versions)- the grimdark tale of Fire Emblem Heroes. Loki lures the heroes in the Netherworld after sending several waves of the undead against them. Leaving Anna to defend Askr, Alfonse, against Sharena's ideas, chooses to invade the mysterious and dreaded Netherworld, with her and Kiran.

1. Chapter 1- Dawning of the Undead
    • The invasion of Askr by the undead.
  2. Chapter 2- Creeping Towards Death
    • The preliminary expedition towards invading the Netherworld.
  3. Chapter 3- Crossing into the Beyond
    • Crossing the river of the netherworld, officially entering it proper.
  4. Chapter 4- Hell's Handmaid
    • Meet the Lord of the Netherworld's servant!
  5. Chapter 5- Old Flames
    • Surtr is baaaaack! And with visible dripping brain matter! Maybe the dead Muspel generals too.
  6. Chapter 6- From Whence None Return
    • Surprise! You're stuck in the netherworld with no escape!
  7. Chapter 7- Shades of Friendship
    • Miss Askr? Here are a bunch of your friends- your former friends! They're all dead now, and under the Lord of the Netherworld's control. Sharena and Alfonse are conflicted about killing them. Also, Askr has been invaded in your absence, and there is nothing you can do!:P:
  8. Chapter 8- Death and Despair
    • Alfonse or Sharena, one of them snaps from their grim situation. They can't escape, they've an undead endlessly returning Surtr and other enemies endlessly chasing them, the normal troops are completely drained and running low on food, now they have to fight their friends, and Askr could be annihilated for all they know. One considers suicide, but good luck that'd do! They'd be stuck right where they are.
  9. Chapter 9- A Flicker in the Faintest Light
    • With no other option left, they decide to push on through the darkness, they must find and defeat the Lord of the Netherworld, or die trying, and try even in death. Fortunately, they spot a calm blue light, not knowing what it is, they follow it nonetheless.
  10. Chapter 10- Chilling Hope
    • Following the light, they discover a friendly shade. They knew them just barely they say, their plea they had received, albeit too late for them. Their name- Gunnthra. They've been down here long enough, hiding in obscurity from her murderer slain and slain again. Sensing life alive down here, she reached out to discover who they were. From whispers from fellow shades, she relays she may know how to reach the Lord their foe.
  11. Chapter 11- Delving Deeper
    • With Gunnthra's shade besides them, they follow the labyrinthine path to the lair of the Lord of the Netherworld. She then speaks of the musings she has heard of what the Lord of the Netherworld is like, having never see them herself.
  12. Chapter 12- Strength of the Soul
    • The heroes are getting closer to the end! But Surtr and the Handmaid stand before them once more. Gunnthra decides to distract Surtr, if he cannot be killed, she shall freeze him still! Rendered immobile for the time being, he cannot pursue them so as long as she keeps him on ice. Alphonse and Sharena, putting any qualms behind them, in the meanwhile slay the Handmaid's Askrian minions, and then hack at her. She scoffs it off, and herself regenerates her form. They can't win, nothing can hold her back. Summoning more peons, she commands them to attack, but they start pouncing on her. The bravery of Alphonse and Sharena through deepest despair breaks her control on the souls, and they seeing it to be the right thing swarm their tormentor to help the living.
  13. Chapter 13- *Insert the Lord of the Netherworld's name*
    • At last, Alfonse, Sharena, Kiran, their heroes and their few surviving regular troops reach the deepest darkness, the throne of the Lord of the Netherworld. At last, they lay eyes on the hideous ruler of the undead. Through each part of the fight, the Lord toys with them, but in the end is defeated.
    • The Lord then reconstitutes themselves at the end, you didn't actually kill them. You're much too weak for that, far greater power would be necessary for such a feat. Nonetheless, the Lord has watched them struggle amidst hopelessness this entire time, utter madness it is they just didn't give in and become their eternal pawns. They've been greatly entertained and have decided to grant them their wish. They shall be returned to the realm of the living, with anyone they have lost along the way, an extraordinary gift rewarded very rarely in the immeasurable number of years they have ruled.
    • But first, why did they invade their realm? Alfonse responds it was only because they invaded theirs'. The Lord said no such thing happens, they do let those with gripes visit the realm of the living briefly from time to time, but never would they invade. But Loki- who is this "Loki" of whom they speak? Surprise! Loki faked an undead invasion of Askr to get Alfonse and Sharena into it! As shall later be learned, the Handmaid, truly trusted by the Lord, had actually worked with Loki. And she is also why Surtr chased them, the Handmaid once the heroes invaded the Netherworld, convinced the Lord to have some fun with them.

I made a somewhat bold prediction for what Book 3’s story might entail, but I posted it in the general discussion and thus it was utterly ignored (though I believe someone else was dealing with a tragedy at the time so that took the spotlight as well). Might as well try again.

Otherwise, I think a skill shop would be nice. Maybe give Gen 1 healers a secondary skill so they’re not as hot garbage to summon. Upgrades to Raventomes, gem weapons, poison daggers would be appreciated. Maybe brave weapons, since Cherche’s axe allowed it.

Based on the sort of stuff we got in 2.0 and where we're at now, I think 3.0's additions will be something like this:

1. Refinements for all remaining inheritable weapons. With the unique weapons we've gotten since 2.0, brave weapons, gem weapons, raven tomes, and even blade tomes now have stronger counterparts, and will stay that way even with basic refinements. Blade tomes are already so strong that they could make them an exception, but I doubt it.
  2. Refinements for a bunch more unique weapons. Whichever pair out of Dark Excalibur/Aura and Vidofnir/Nidhogg doesn't get added in 2.10 in the meantime, plus Cursed Lance, Grimoire, Naglfar, and probably others. I could see the Distant Counter weapons going either way, as well as traditional refinements for Durandal/Tyrfing/Naga/Armads.
  3. Adding the option to refine into Thunder Armads and Swift Mulagir. I'm not sure why you'd ever actually do either of those things, but it's the principle of the thing. Also Exalted Falchion, if that doesn't get added in 2.10.
  4. Possibly some way to further upgrade some basic weapons, like Silver ones. Perhaps give them the option of a second refinement, such as adding another stat's bonus?
  5. Beast unit support. Maybe birds, too, but my guess is just beasts for now. Probably released with a banner (Tellius?) that features the first playable ones, along with adding them to the generic enemy pool.
  6. Some new way to upgrade units, unlocked through a Book 2 intermission. The intermission involves the resolution of Fjorm's illness, one way or the other. The new upgrade could relate to non-weapon skills, or perhaps to stats. Might have its primary cost be combat manuals rather than adding yet another resource type or further taxing existing traditional resources.
  7. First chapter of Book 3 gives a free 5* copy of some new unit, like with Fjorm. Probably an OC. Could be a legendary hero, but my guess is they'll be unique, like the Askr units. Bruno is one possibility, or a new character. If it's a new character, they could be a beast. If it's Bruno, he'll join with Valaskjalf and immediately have the option to refine it.
  8. If they're ever going to add that town building mode, I think its odds are pretty good of being added here. If there's a new resource added, it could be a source of that. Could also be a good place to provide more refining stones, with refinery expansions meaning increasing demand for stones and dew. Combat manuals are another possible reward. If they need to free up a spot on the battle "map" for it, I think they'll have Blessed Gardens switch to counting as a sub-mode of Story Maps.

This is a lot of stuff, and I could see them saving the town building mode for later if they think there's already enough and don't have a pressing need for it. But considering how huge 2.0 was, I don't think this is too outlandish. (Weapon Refinery with a whole bunch of options and three types of resources to support it, legendary heroes with four new types of resources to support them, new story book with free Fjorm, higher tiers for every staff, lowering cooldown for underpowered specials, and a bunch of small stuff like stamina and scoring changes.)

19 hours ago, Othin said:

Possibly some way to further upgrade some basic weapons, like Silver ones. Perhaps give them the option of a second refinement, such as adding another stat's bonus?

I agree, Silver Weapons need a Mt boost of like 5 or something to be competitive with Wo Weapon and Slaying Weapons. If not that, then hopefully something like HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res +1 (or maybe even +2) on top of existing Refinements, so Atk Refine would be HP+6, Atk +3, and Spd/Def/Res +1.

Edited by XRay

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

I agree, Silver Weapons need a Mt boost of like 5 or something to be competitive with Wo Weapon and Slaying Weapons. If not that, then hopefully something like HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res +1 (or maybe even +2) on top of existing Refinements, so Atk Refine would be HP+6, Atk +3, and Spd/Def/Res +1.

Basically refined refined Yato?

39 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Basically refined refined Yato?

Yeah, although I am not sure about all stat +2, all stat +1 is definitely in the right direction.

For Player Phase performance, Yato's Spd+4 is pretty good, but Refining it to Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 makes it worse unless you are using the Spd Refinement.

Edited by XRay