strength: 18 (55%)
Magic: 3 (5%)
skill: 14  (45%)
speed: 11 (20%)
luck: 12 (45%)
defense: 15 (35%)
resistance: 9 (30%)

bases 10 / 10 (35%)
There's not much else to say that he wrecks everyone to pieces when transformed. Even untransfrormed he can take a few hits.

growths 4 / 10 (15%)
His growths baring speed are not terrible, his strength is really good actually.

usefulness 4 / 10 (50%)
His perfomance in part 1 is better than Tormod's, but he can't prepare kills unlike Tormod could. Besides Nailah he could rush 1-F with an olivi grass. After that he Returns in the same chapter with Tormod. But unlike him he's usable and trainable. He's a semi-tank who Can take a few hits and does decent counterdamage. Mages and most Generals don't double him. His low luck lowers his survivability, but actually Meg's fortune skill can be useful on him for this chapter. He Can gain some levels in this chapter. Defintiely no endgame material, but useful whenever he's around. 

overall 6.1

I will update all scorings before Tormod later.

4 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

It's for reference, Nino and Tormod both have bad availability. Thing is, Tormod's is even worse and his growths don't help.

Being some kind of weird Jaigen does little to favour him, since any kills he gets are a waste on him. But I suppose since he contributes a bit to early game, 1 is too harsh and I give him a 3 instead.

Both have bad availibilty, yes.
But Tormod Can do sth. unlike Nino because he has bases. He can help a Party which defenitely needs as much firepower and tankiness as possible. He can't do much sure, but whenever he's appreciated when he's here, even in 4-4 to destroy doors with meteor.

Anyways 3 sounds fair, so I take it.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muarim. He's fast and hits hard. He has the same problem as Tormod of poor availablity in that like Tormod I think he should have joined a LOT earlier. In spite of this however Muarim can hold his own quite well even in the late game. And should be doubling most if not all enemies, due to his bases and his high movement when shifted I consider Muarim a valuable potential asset to the team. He certainly is very appreciated during part one. While Muarim can't counter at a range his movement and bases I think make up for this and if I remember the map he joins correctly while there are certainly units with 1-2 range a lot of them attack at 1 range, barring units like mages and the like. I would probably give Muarim a 7.0 for his bases, his help during part one, his movement and that despite lack of availability he will still hold his own during Part 4.

Vika
level 13 raven
skill: shriek
affinity: wind

bases (growths)
HP: 38 (60%)
strength: 9 (25%)
Magic: 5 (50%)
skill: 13 (60%)
speed: 15 (60%)
luck: 14 (65%)
defense: 7 (15%)
resistance: 7 (65%)

bases 6.5 / 10 (35%)
Her bases are solid. She can double everything and ORKO even a few physical enemies in the chapter she joins.

growths 5 / 10 (15%)
I believe Vika has the highest growthrates of all Laguz, but she has only real weakness: strength

usefulness 2 / 10 (50%)
Vika is great in 1-7, but after that she already loses her worth. In 1-8 she needs two turns to see any combat. Unlike Muarim she can't take mulitple hits untransformed, and even transformed she can only ORKO mages. Her base strength and strike level are too poor to deal significant damage. And it won't become better with her poor strength growth. And unlike Tomrod she has no range attack which makes her worse than him in every chapter past 1-7. Even if she was a Laguz wich dealt magic damage (I think she could with malstrom?), she still would be incredibly hard to use. Shriek is absolutely pointless on her.

overall 4.025

Vika like most Raven laguz are fast but don't have really good attack (Except Neasalla but he doesn't count as he's a royal) where I have found that generally a Hawk laguz will be just as fast as a Raven but will hit rather good (not counting Tibarn). What I mean is given a choice I never have a reason to pick a Raven laguz over a Hawk, the Hawks will double anything a Raven can and will do significantly more damage. It's kind of like Pegasus Riders vs. Draco Riders there's rarely a time to pick a Pegasus over the Draco Rider as they both fly, they both can double attack almost anything the only difference is the Draco Rider can deal better damage and can take hits better. Unless it's magic but the Draco Rider can probably one shot the mage anyway and generally you're going up against squads of physical fighters not mages.

That said Vika is definatly useful in Part One and if nothing else she brings flying utility to the table where she can fly and rescue carry while shifted. When she rejoins in Part 4 her usefulness will drastically drop apart from flying and rescue carrying. Her attack was never good to begin with it will be even worse now. And you should have several other units who not only can fill her same niche (flying and rescue carrying) but can also do damage. Marcia and Harr should have been in their 3rd tier by the end of Part 3 at the latest and if Jill was used during Part One she will likely be either promoted into her 3rd tier class as well or very close to it by now, Janaff and Ulki are Hawk Laguz and can do those same niches and do damage and take hits. There's just very little reason to pick Vika in Part Four over your other fliers that you have.

But she is quite helpful in Part One and her assistance is VERY appreciated during the swamp map when you rescue the prisoners. So I'll give her a 4.5 maybe a 5.0 if I'm feeling generous.

Muarim: 6/10. Excellent in 1-7, 1-8 and 1-E. OK filler unit in 4-4.

Vika: 4/10. OK for three chapters. Would be nice if she could ORKO the Dracoknights in 1-8 but not much we can do about that! Relegated to opening chests in 4-4.

Muarim is cool and can smite dudes and 2HKO things. He's also fairly tanky. Iirc, he's viable for p4 shit if you want to make use of him, but he warned that it's gonna require at least one speedwings. Still, he gets a solid 4/10 for being incredibly handy when he's there in p1. 

Vika gets a 1/10. The only thing she really does is serve as flying bait and weakening dracoknights in 1-8. Otherwise she's kind of a total waste of a player slot. I mean jesus she's almost totally unsalvageable in any serious run.

On ‎23‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Dean said:

Vika: 4/10. OK for three chapters. Would be nice if she could ORKO the Dracoknights in 1-8 but not much we can do about that! Relegated to opening chests in 4-4.

She could help in that way by shoving Tormod in the swamp to let the dracoknight attack him in first Enemy phase.

On ‎23‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 9:15 AM, Mister Rogers said:

Muarim is cool and can smite dudes 1. 

He doesn't have smite, Mordecai has.

Oh well, I still do the two remaining units of part 1 till I will decide about the future of this...

Nailah
level 33 wolf queen
skill: guard

bases (growths)
HP: 66 (60%)
strength: 17 (30%)
magic: 5 (15%)
skill: 23 (20%)
speed: 19 (20%)
luck: 35 (45%)
defense: 16 (30%)
resistance: 13 (30%)

bases 10 / 10 (35%)
She's a laguz royals with the according stats, nothing more to say.

growths 3 / 10 (15%)
Her growthrates are mediocre overall, but they don't matter. She won't get many levels anyways, if any. Only speed would matter for being able to doule Ashera's auras without whitepool.

usefulness 9 / 10 (50%)
She can rush through 1-8 and 1-F. Even when she returns in 4-4, she still can ORKO everyone aside of swordmasters. And it's incredibly hard to take out because of her very high Evasion, actually only sleep staff Can kill her theoretically. The most useful Laguz Royal in the game because of part 1. She gets 1 loss for not being able to counterattack since 4-4 features lots of enemies with range weapons and Ike could do even better in this chapter.

overall 8.45

Nailah she's the Wolf Queen, what do you expect? Her bases like the rest of the Laguz Royals are very solid at least if not great. She has high movement and Formshift so she can stay shifted indefinatly. (Although she will murder anything that moves even when she's unshifted) Now she can't counter at range like the rest of the Laguz, but she has great movement, increased vision for Fog of War maps which is very nice on Ike's team during Part 4, incredible stats. Like most of the Laguz her growths are not the greatest or rather some of her highest growths are for stats that aren't very useful compared to others (primarily Luck, it has it's uses but why does this have to be one of the highest growths?) personally I think they should have lowered Luck's percentage and raised something else such as str. def, or sp. However despite this Nailah will still carry the team even in Part 4 and the tower, while the dragons are more durable her skill Savage makes quick work of them when it activates.

To sum up she has terrific bases, high movement, Formshift, Glare (which isn't very reliable but it's fun when it works nonetheless) and the skill Savage. Making her a highly valuead unit in my opinion her only flaws are lack of availability (this is probably due to how good she is) and no ranged method of attacking but I think her high movement and bases make up for this.

All in all I'd give her a 8.5 at least I'm leaning more towards a 9.5 but that might be due to biasis so I'll stick with the 8.5 in an effort to remain as fair as possible in my ratings.

7 hours ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

She could help in that way by shoving Tormod in the swamp to let the dracoknight attack him in first Enemy phase.

I thought the Dracoknights and Bandits may have been programmed to only target the NPCs, but I booted up the game to test it and the Dracoknight will happily suicide into Tormod if he's in range. Vika, you've redeemed yourself in my eyes (now if only you 2RKOed the Bandit...)

Nailah: think I gave her an 8/10, but 7/10 isn't out of the question. Excellent in the four pre-endgame chapters she's available in and a very good choice for 4-E as well. Availability counts against her.

I'm confused as to why people rate Muarim above Tormod here (came up the last time we did this too IIRC). Tormod's quite obviously better: 2 range, (which is a big deal when they need to reach into swamps and over ledges), and doesn't need to be transformed. Muarim can tank more if transformed but Tormod's durability is adequate for Part 1. I actually deploy Tormod for 1-E often enough, Muarim not so much. Muarim's slightly better in 4-4 but who cares? Both are bad there.

Rafiel
level 12 heron
skills:
affinity: fire

bases / growths
HP: 31 (60%)
strength: 1 (0%)
magic: 6 (40%)
skill: 1 (10%)
speed: 6 (20%)
luck: 31 (60%)
defense: 3 (10%)
resistance: 13 (50%)

bases 5 / 10 (10%)
He gets ORKO'ed by each physical enemy but he Can take two magical hits at least. He can heal the allies six HP untransformed which is not bad.

growths 4 / 10 (10%)
The only stats which would matter for him is his magic which is not too high. Technically he needs more HP and Defense to take a hit by Ashera's map attack but angelic Robe a / o draco shield could fix it, if you really can't make sure to leave him alive.

usefulness 9.5 / 10 (80%)
Rafiel is the only heron who can give four allies an extra turn at any time, but he's the only one who's a foot unit and has issues to cross over uneven terrain or ledges. He can't even climb ledges when he's transformed. He's the middle heron in terms of tankniess. He can't take two physical hits with his very low speed, but two magical hits unlike Leanne. Also he's stuck with five movement all the time. But his movement can and should be fixed by Tormod's celeritiy. With increased movement he's a god Blessing for 1-8 and especially 1-F. Even without the ability to overcome ledges without losing movement doesn't really matter in this chapter. Dancing four units at any time makes him the best heron all time makes him the best heron imo because it shortens the endgame maps a lot. Without him E-3. E-4 and E-5 wouldn't be possible to oneturn. 

overall 8.5 / 10

@Dark Holy Elf

• In 1-7 both have the same usage since Muarim is transformed in turn 1 already. 
  • In 1-8 Tormod Can kill the draco Knight in the first turn while Muarim needs a couple of turns (with olivi grass) till he Can interact. Still his Enemy Phase is still not really worse than Tormod's who Can't himself double most of the bandits who have 16-18 speed. Their Output damage similar. When Muarim is transformed, he can kill them unlike Tormod who literally only wins the first turn.
  • In 1-F same that Tormod can act immediately. However thanks to Rafiel, Muarim could act in turn two already. Tormod doubles ~60% of the enemies with rather mediocre hitrates due to Jarod's authority stars while Muarim, tansformed,  can ORKO and oneshot everyome aside Jarod with better hitrates. Sure, he can't counterattack in range but he still has better player and enemy phase overall.
  • In 4-4 Tormod has no survivability while Muarim can survive an Enemy, even with a crit. With fortune he's really solid in this chapter.

Rafiel a pretty solid refresher and if you manage to get him to level 15 he learns the Galdr Bliss which will raise an allies Biorythym to it's highest level. Now I recently read about the galdr Valor and Recovery learned at levels 30 and 40 respectively which I didn't know about before. Valor apparently fills up the energy gauge of Laguz and Recovery fully recovers allies HP and status. The one downside is getting Rafiel to that point which would take some effort to do but if done these galdr would increase his already really good utility even more.

Rafiel can refresh as many as four units at a time regardless of if he's transformed or not which is VERY nice indeed. Reminds me of dancers from FE4. Now the downside is that he has low movement and can't fly even if he's transformed his movement is at 5 which is a bit of a downside when tier 2 units can move 6 spaces but at least the only units with greather than 5 movement in Part 1 are mounted units, General Tauroneo, Volug and Nailah. Another humorous and useful aspect to Rafiel is he recruits Oliver, whether or not you want Oliver is another story but this can add to his utility.

Rafiel would rate higher if he had better movement and could fly but since he can't he loses some points on his rating. But he can CONSISTENTLY refresh four units which is huge, and can recruit Oliver which having another unit is always nice so I'll give him a 7.0.

Edited by SavageVolug

Huge Character dump incoming:

Laura: 6.5/10

Spoiler

Laura being the only healer doesn't really compete with any of your other units but she does compete with the 'roided up healing items in FE10. In normal mode I find this makes Laura pretty obsolete but in Hard Mode being able to get an extra kill on units like Nolan, Jill or Eddy rather than having to heal themselves makes Laura pretty useful. In terms of being anything more than a staff bot, well she has the growths for it but her levelling is so slow and you don't have the luxury of dumping her full of BEXP like on normal so unless you want to one turn 3-13 it's obviously not worth it still she is useful even at tier one in part three so for that she gets a decent score. The fact that she dies to literally everything forever can be very annoying when combined with the no enemy range check when you accidentally get her killed and of course this will always happen on the last turn of a really long and annoying map. :angry:

Sothe: 9.5/10

Spoiler

God of part one obviously thanks to Forged Iron Knives and his class which allows him to have the best movement throughout most of the maps in Part 1, he actually misses a lot of kills though and he takes a good chunk of damage from enemies so he's actually pretty weak compared to other Jagens like Titania and Seth who are more or less invincible. The fact he leaves quite a few enemies alive is pretty nice for HM though as the experience gain is so low so feeding as many kills to other units is nice. In terms of Part three he's good in 3-6 thanks to Beast Killer but very weak in 3-12 other than being a Support-bot for Micaiah and useful in 3-13 again, his biggest problem is not getting enough Speed to double Cats which can be annoying. I also think he's better in Part four than people give him credit for sure he's not the best by a long stretch but Part 4 is all rout and he can still take on a few enemies so I still find he can be useful by taking on some reinforcements or something and he can even just trail Micaiah to give her Support if nothing else. Bane of course can either be really good if it activates at the right time or extremely annoying when it procs on the 2 HP Mage and of course Murphy's Law means it will always be the latter. 

In terms of transfers well he's not getting them is basically the answer but if you can somehow get him any Defence or Resistance he really appreciates that I imagine a rigged 20 Defence Sothe is pretty funny, Speed and Skill are capped and Strength he caps really quickly anyway. Overall I think his only really bad map is 3-12 other than that he's either a god or at least passable at worst.

Ilyana: 7.0

Spoiler

I'm personally a fan of Ilyana at least on Normal Mode so I'm probably being a bit generous but I think she's quite decent, although I probably wouldn't recommend her to someone playing FE10 HM for the first time as I think she's not the most 'beginner friendly' unit. She's probably your second best unit on the map she joins which is maybe the hardest map in the game and she can double some stuff like the Fighters and help clear out the Archers through the wall, onto 3-4 she actually gets OHKO'd by  some of the Tigers just barely, but she's still one of your better units probably still second best depending on how Nola/Eddy are levelling, I'd recommend Forging a maxed might and crit Thunder tome for her if you want to use her. For the rest of Part 1 I think she's a decent unit but not great, she's always on this tipping point I find where she's just on the edge of being bad or good, if her speed works out she's pretty solid but 30% means it probably won't without a bit of 'encouragement'.  Also you can't sell Master Seals and you get quite a few so promoting her just to help you through Part one is a pretty good idea IMO especially combined with Wrath. As for Part 3 well Soren is invariably better when she rejoins so unless you really like her or you're doing some kind of challenge run like a PMU or Draft or LTC there's really no point in using her. Still I think she's a pretty good unit for Part 1 which is the hardest part of the game so for that I'll give her a decent score, though I'll admit I'm probably being a tad generous.

In terms of transfers Ilyana's one of the units that benefits the most from them especially Speed, but Magic as well, other stats are just icing on the cake. With transfers she's pretty solid for the whole game I think and a unit you could easily use long term.

Aran: 4.5

Spoiler

There's always that unit that just exists and isn't really bad but isn't really good and is just out classed in FE10 that unit is Aran. His biggest problem I feel is that his first map (I'm ignoring 3-3 here) he gets owned by Tigers so he has a very tough start. If he can actually get going he's one of the only really tanky units the DB has come Part 3 and he's probably one of if not the only unit able to take multiple hits from Tigers in 3-6 so he's probably very solid from that point on but getting him there is a pain and in 3-12 and 3-13 he should have no problem bearing the brunt of the attack even against the 3-13 Laguz. He's probably going to need the Speedwing but that doesn't come until the very end of Part 1 so he's just got his growth to rely on for the most part and maybe some BEXP if he caps Strength/Skill/Defence. Another thing is that Nolan gets +4 defence from Tarvos and is a lot faster plus has Earth affinity so that makes Aran's strength against what I would say is his main competition a lot more limited. I'll give him a pretty average score for a pretty average guy, if you want to use him he's probably workable but there's definitely better options, I expect he's good in Part 3 though.

Meg: 2.5

Spoiler

Oh dear, oh dear. I think Meg is in a pretty similar situation to Aran actually but just even worse start, she's probably pretty good in 3-6 if you train her up and give her like Brave Sword and Beastfoe or something as she can probably take a bit more punishment than most of your other units though not as much as Aran and again this is mitigated by things like Tarvos/Earth Affinity and units like Volug have a lot more HP to work with and her 22 speed cap just destroys her ability to kill Cats without the Brave Sword something she'd maybe be decent at if not for that. I do think she's usable though if you really want to you just have to dump all the boosters on her but yeah definitely not worth it. Heaven affinity is also one of the worst and the only person who wants it really is Meg herself. I'm giving her 2.5 because I think she can be used if you put the effort in.

Volug: 7.0

Spoiler

First of all I've never really cared for Volug so this might be a bit low, having said that I can't deny that he's pretty good. In Part one he's a second Jagen  he can take a lot of punishment, more than Sothe, and he also has really good movement which is nice for some maps like 1-6 especially and also 1-E where he can carry the BK thanks to being a Laguz. He doesn't kill anything other than Mages and maybe Archers but this is actually ideal as he gains 1 experience basically no matter what and the only thing he actually wants is to build strike rank so this is  ideal for feeding kills to your other units , he probably wont gain a single level in the whole of Part 1 but it doesn't matter for him. Come Part 3 he gains a bunch of stats thanks to losing half shift and if he's got S Strike he can really tear the Laguz apart and take a hit or two as well which is no mean feat. He suffers less from lack of 1-2 range as well compared to all the other Laguz given that he mostly faces other Laguz in Part 3. Oone problem though I foresee him facing is that I don't think the DB have any Laguz Stones so he can't do anything until turn thee unless you manage to steal one from Mordecai with Sothe which limits what he can do somewhat . Part 4 there's a bunch of much better Laguz, his growths are pretty terrible and Laguz as a whole are pretty weak thanks to rout-central and no 1-2 range plus he's probably going to struggle to get to level 30 for signing without a lot of favouritism. Solid unit in Part 1 and maybe even better in Part 3 just not a unit I've personally ever cared for.

Zihark: 8.0

Spoiler

Unless Eddy is really blessed or you really like him, Zihark is more than likely going to cause him to hit the bench come 1-6. Zihark comes in ready to kick arse and take names something that the DB really needs, he's pretty comparable to Sothe in terms of stats but he has to rely on Wind Edges for 1-2 range unlike Sothes access to Forged Knives which makes him quite a bit worse but in terms of 1 range he's pretty hard to beat. Zihark's biggest advantage though is that he doesn't need much experience to be ready for Part 3 even at base he can be decent and he also has Earth which combined with his good innate avoid makes him more durable than his raw stats would imply he also has a much easier time being able to double cats than Sothe plus he can put the Brave Sword to use to really bring the pain. The fact that he doesn't need to take up much experience is very nice as you only have enough experience to train a few units up to par so using a unit like Zihark is very recommended Imo. He'll be beaten out by the likes of Mia and Eddy come Part 4 but the difference is very slight and Trueblade is a pretty decent class for Part 4 and Endgame anyway so even using him plus Mia or Stefan something isn't bad. Zihark doesn't really need any transfers and anything he does get is just icing on the cake.

Jill: 9.0

Spoiler

I'm torn between an 8.5 and a 9.0 but I like Jill so I'll go 9.0. Jill is the primary growth unit of the DB and almost certainly the unit you want to put the effort into and also the Stat Boosters you've accumulated by the time she joins which really make all the difference to her performance as well as Forging her a strong and accurate Axe. If you give her a little boost at the start and feed her some kills and BEXP she takes off and becomes one of the best units in the game given that she's the only flier for the DB (other than Vika for a short time) and her class is just WTF broken in FE10, Wyvern Rider is usually a good class in most FEs but FE10 just turns it up to 11, once she becomes a Dragon Master she'll be clearing whole sections of the map by herself and, well, Dragonlord is just 'gg, ez' territory. She can also go over to the Mercs if you want her to but this isn't very advisable unless you really know what you're doing and have a reason for it as the DB losing what is almost certainly their best unit at that point is going to be quite rough for them to say the least. I'm going with a 9.0 because her start is a little shaky but definitely pays off in Part 3 and beyond and she's still useful in Part 1 just by virtue of being able to carry people like Tauroneo and BK and her combat is still passable. I'm rating her lower than Sothe because I think even though in the overall scheme of things she's better he carries Part one which is harder so for that he gets the better score.

In terms of transfers Jill is the unit to get them for and her Stats in FE9 are good enough to the point where she's actually feasibly going to get some without needing to rig them, another thing is that FE9 is easy enough that you can just give her stat boosters to cap stats rather than actually use them properly if you wanted to. Transfers in HP (via giving her 2 robes), Strength, Speed and Defence primarily make a world of difference for Jill and she'll just be game breaking at that point and make it pretty easy to be hones for this reason I'd probably recommend against Transfers!Jill to someone who wanted to experience FE10 Hard Mode just because it scews the game so much from the base game.

Tauroneo: 5.5

Spoiler

Big T, I like to think of him as joining in 3-12 and 1-6 is just a bonus personally. First of 1-6 he's just ridiculous even the Hammer Knight can't stop his rampage, he'd probably be able to ORKO everything with his fists alone if he wanted to. Of course using him means taking away valuable experience from your other units which can actually matter in FE10:HM but he's there if you need him which is nice. Onto 3-12 he's actually still pretty decent though he's probably been superseded by at least a few of the DB, still like Zihark his biggest advantage is that he doesn't need to be trained up to be useful even just crowning him at base creates a pretty decent unit that can contribute well for the next two maps and that is a nice thing to have for sure and he can probably still be decent maybe with a 'wing in Part 4. Not being available for the rest of Part 1 and 3-6 brings him down quite a bit but let's be honest he'd pretty much make it 'Not Hard Mode' if he existed for that time. Overall a decent filler unit with the bonus of having a map of absolute godhood.

Fiona: 1.5

Spoiler

Wow, they really pulled out all the stops on Fiona, basically took an Est unit and stacked everything against her they could think of. Ok so Fiona has a horse which usually would at least mean something but then they made almost every map she has be bad for horses, 1-7 indoor map, 1-8 and 1-9 she doesn't exist, 1-E ledges and also indoor so really the only thing she has is canto because lord knows she ain't fighting anything. Onto Part 3 3-6 she can't leave the main island, ok so you're probably going to be playing defensively anyway so this isn't that big of a deal but still it's there. 3-12 is again a map where the enemies are coming to you and her movement doesn't really let her get to places others can't plus she can't be rescue dropped down by Jill like everyone else if you had a ridiculous unit you want to drop into the fray or more likely just Jill herself, 3-13 again ledges and pretty defensive and she's going to have a hard time getting to Ike even if she is trained up. Part 4 is notoriously bad for Paladins probably Ike's is her best route but then Titania is locked to that and well we all know who the better Paladin there is not that you can't use both obviously but having a Horse doesn't help her out. She has good growths and I guess she's probably the best Paladin for endgame but even then Titania has her beaten until past 1-F-1 thanks to Hammer access so only in the very last stretch would she surpass her and then you have lolroyals and stuff anyway so what's even the point. As for her combat at the beginning well it's just irredeemable even on Normal Mode basically, even Meg can be given boosters and a Forge and become something, but Fiona can't really do much no matter how much you try to help her, in the end she'll probably get somewhere but in no way is it worth it. The only thing she has really is Earth affinity so she could at least be an avoid bot for someone if you don't have a unit paired up and her skills are nice but only for removing and giving to other units. Pretty close to the worst unit in the game on Hard Mode thanks to not being able to BEXP dump her.

All right, I'm tired of writing, will do more some other time, also it's like 4 am insomnia's a bitch.

Rafiel

Cons

• Can't fly

Pros

• Refreshes 4 units at once, untransformed.
  • Is around at the hardest part of the game, in p1
  • Gets bliss if you exp dump him to lvl 15. Removes some biorhythm frustrations.
  • Allows access to the greatest and most beautiful unit in franchise history- Oliver.

10/10 since he's needed to unlock Oliver.

Spoiler

you know what. Read that as a 9/10 for his value as a refresher and add on +1 bias points to let him be 10/10.

Rafiel: 8/10. Great in 1-E, 4-1 and 4-4, and phenomenal in 4-E.

Tormod > Muarim is an interesting call - I agree that Tormod's better in 1-7 but I probably rate Muarim higher in 1-8 - Tormod can nuke the Dracoknights but he can't take on the southern Bandits by himself. Maybe send Zihark down there? I've always sent him east but Celerity!Sothe handles that well enough by himself. 1-E is interesting as well - there's heaps of ranged attackers on this map so Muarim's somewhat restricted in his placements but he's still invincible and can help ferry the Black Knight. Tormod ORKOs the weaker units on the map but not the stronger ones without a Speed transfer and is generally 3HKOed which is solid combat performance.

7 hours ago, Sturm said:

In terms of transfers well he's not getting them is basically the answer but if you can somehow get him any Defence or Resistance he really appreciates that I imagine a rigged 20 Defence Sothe is pretty funny, Speed and Skill are capped and Strength he caps really quickly anyway. Overall I think his only really bad map is 3-12 other than that he's either a god or at least passable at worst.

39HP/20Def Sothe is genuinely hilarious - on top of his part 1 performance, even the majority of the 3-6 Tigers fail to 2HKO him so he stays usable a lot longer. His stat caps + late promotion still means he struggles in Part 4 though.

Edited by Dean

#20 Elincia
level 1 queen 
skills: none in part 2, mercy in part 4
affinity: heaven

bases (growths)
HP: 36 (45%)
strength: 19 (65%)
magic: 17 (40%)
skill: 21 (50%)
speed: 22 (70%)
luck: 29 (60%)
defense: 18 (20%)
resistance: 24 (35%)

bases 8.5 (30%)
Her bases aren't impressive at all for being third tier (Marcia with transfers in speed has tied speed with her), but great enough for fighting first and low second tier units in part 2. 

growths 9 (20%)
Imo she has the best growths of all units. >60% in strength and speed are superb.Her magic growth is decent as well for healing and using inbue and her poor defense can be covered by her high luck.

usefulness 8.5 (50%)
Elincia is essential as combat unit and healer in part 2 and after that. She is an unique class, the only flying healer in this game, so absolutely appreciated. Furthermore she will become a fantastic attacker with amiti, a silver brave sword, combined with her great strength and speed growth. The only Problem for her is that she joins underleveled in part 4. She can't ORKO everyone, not even mages. Instead of total useless mercy she needs paragon to get the levels to become fantastic in combat. With maxed strength and 34 speed she can ORKO all spirits and even ORKO an inside aura with 2x bloodtide and whitepool. Heaven affinity also grants her a great hitrate against the auras. That says how strong she is! Queen's worse caps in strength and speed than seraph knight's don't really hurt.

overall 8.6

#21 Marcia
(with transfers in strength and speed)

level 5 falcon Knight
skills: -

bases (growths)
HP: 34 (70%)
strength: 18 (30%)
magic: 6 (20%)
skill: 17 (40%)
speed: 22 (65%)
luck: 12 (50%)
defense: 16 (35%)
resistance: 15 (35%)

bases 8 (30%)
Her perfomance is quite better with a strength boost. She Can finish off all weaken draco Knights by Nealuchi. With 22 speed she Can double all generics in 2-3.

growths 6 (20%)
Marcia's weakness is her poor strength growth, the second lowest of all Beorcs. Her Other growths are decent or good overall.

usefulness 7.5 (50%)
Marcia is pretty much the only one of the CK's who  needs exp. because she's only endgame material unit thanks to her class. With the horseslayer and brave Lance she can almost solo the map. She just needs someone who chip the crossbow warriors. Her ppor strength can be fixed by bexp. since HP, skill and speed are capped rather early. If she hits 23 strength and caps her speed (alternative master crown), she can threeturn 3-8. Personally she's my favorite wishblade user because of her mobility and being able to TA, even if female sentinel has the better strength cap.

overall 7.35

I agree that Tormod is better in 1-F with transfers in attack and speed since he can double everyone aside of myrms and Jarod. I'm not sure if he can ORKO them though (probably only fighters). I will rank him again with transfers. Still Muarim does better there because of his bulkiness.

I will update the ranking after @Sturm
has given his remaining ratings.

Elincia- 8/10

When she's there, she's one of the best combat units. Amiti+flight+staves makes her great all around. Even better with transfers.

Marcia- 8/10

Out of all the crimeans, she's one of the best to invest into. Her caps are high as hell, and she's primarily what gets us to get all the bexp in that one crimean royal knights chapter.

After p2, she's probably the most usable out of all the knights, and does alright with a bexp dump+forges. Tanith's probably better than her growths wise and Sigruns better for bases and early crowning, but Marcia's there for more time. With transfers, she hits her falcoknight str. cap faster so you won't have to worry too much

Elincia is very good if for no other reason than she's a FLYING HEALER with a pretty good staff rank to boot. Her bases aren't paticular impressive for 3rd tier but they are good enough to get her through the game, in terms of combat Marcia will likely end up surpassing her. Being a flying healer makes Elincia highly valuable, she has un restricted movement, can heal and retreat if desired (due to Canto), can rescue carry etc. On top of that her skill Mercy can be sold for a little extra gold. Seeing as Elincia is a flying healer she gets a 8.0 rating her combat isn't the greatest but what she lacks in combat she more than makes up for in flying staff utility.

Marcia doesn't have the best start meaning she wields lances and is up against dragon masters. In spite of this she does pretty well and will not dissapoint you, she can fly which alone makes her valuable, and she will likely be your best pegasus if you invest in her. Her bases are pretty good and even with the weapon triangle disadvantage it's unlikely she will miss and will probably double any one of the draco knights. She won't be the best unit on her first deployable map as we all know who the champ of that map is, but she is one of the best pegasus in the game and gets an 8.0 rating from me.

#21 Nealuchi
level 22 raven
skills: wrath

bases (growths)
HP: 53 (55%)
strength: 10 (35%)
Magic: 4 (10%)
skill: 9 (40%)
speed: 18 (40%)
luck: 24  (80%)
defense: 10 (40%)
resistance: 10 (25%)

bases 7 (35%)
He's defenitely not the strongest joining Laguz, but excellent for dodgetanking and weaking. He could even take a crossbow hit iirc.

growths 6 (15%)
He has good growths for a Laguz. It's just the question if he will ever get a level...

usefulness 2 (50%)
Honestly he only exists in 2-P and maybe in 2-1 if you want to waste a Laguz stone in him. He does well in 2-P for giving kills to Marcia, but after that Other units will shine. Mordecai and even Lethe do better damage Output in the upcoming chapters and aren't vulnerable to any potential (cross)bow users. In part 4 he basically doesn't exist.

overall 4.35

#22 Leanne
level 5 heron
skills: -
affinity: water

bases (growths)
HP: 25 (60%)
strength: 0 (0%)
magic: 3 (40%)
skill: 1 (10%)
speed: 6 (20%)
luck: 27 (80%)
defense: 2 (10%)
resistance: 11 (40%)

bases 3 (10%)
Leanne is a papercut who is ORKO'ed by everyone.

growths 4 (10%)

usefulness 8.5 (80%)
She's better than Reyson untransformed because she can dance two people left and right or above and below of her, but she's the only one who can't dance four people.  Her worse bases don't matter since most Herons are ORKO'ed except for transformed Reyson and untransformed Reyson against magic users. 

overall 7.5

Black Knight is disappointed you skipped him. I'll give him a 5/10 anyway.

Elincia 7/10. Keeps Marcia alive in 2-P and good combat in 2-E. Doesn't really ORKO much come 4-2 but flying Rescue is useful in 4-5 and all of 4-E.

Marcia 6/10. Pretty useful in 2-3 and 3-9 but needs a good resource dump to continue being useful. Decent enough investment since you can never have too many good fliers.

Nealuchi 4/10. Helps feed Marcia kills in 2-P and useful in 2-2 with good Olivi Grass management. Doesn't really do damage in part 4. I am interested in seeing how feasible reaching S Strike is though.

Leanne 7/10. Dancer utility.

Nealuchi gets about a 7/10. He can easily get S/SS strike in p2 if you use him liberally. (there's vids) and he dodges a shitload. He's handy when he's there and helps in that particular fucking p4 map if you have him.

Leanne 8/10 dancer. Not AS good as Rafiel's 4 unit refresh or with as much utility time as reyson (plus he gets potential transfers too). But hey she's a refresher.

#24 Haar
level 11 dragon master
skill: cancel

bases (growths)
HP: 46 (30%)
strength: 23 (70%)
magic: 2 (5%)
skill: 24 (70%)
speed: 20 (30%)
luck: 13 (45%)
defense: 23 (65%)
resistance: 7 (20%)

bases 10 (30%)
Being able to ORKO draco Knights, oneshot knights with the hammer and taking like almost no physical damage speak for theirselves. Haar is not without reason banned in LTCs. His bases are absurdly good!

growths 8 (20%)
His growths match with his bases. He has fantastic physical growths. Only his speed is bad which hardly matters, if ever than only in endgame. Only swordmasters might double him who deal the lowest damage to him.

usefulness 9.5 (50%)
He breaks part 2. He Can easily solo 2-P and oneturn 1-F with a speedwing. In part 3 he's almost a Jagen by tanking and massively weaking the enemies. He's just amazing overall. In endgame Jill will surpass him because of her Higher speed cap and the resulting ability to double the animas and auras, but till part 3 at least Haar is easily the best unit in the game. The reason why I rank Jill higher than Haar in this point is that he's not as essential for the GM's as Jill is for the DB's. Part 3 is easily to beat without him.

overall 9.35

Haar 10/10. Fantastic mobility offence defence and availability; his investment vs. reward is excellent. 2-E, 3-3, 3-4, 3-11 and 4-3 are all standout maps for him.

Haar amazing unit, great bases. Will become a flying tank if he isn't already, his only weaknesses are lack of avoidence (which usually doesn't affect him) and resistance though slapping Nullify on him might help negate this issue. And if he isn't strong enough Stun will kill everything it activates against. He is consistently one of my strongest units if not the strongest. He's Haar what else needs to be said? He flys, has canto, great movement (unhindered at that) great bases, with growths that reflect his bases. Call me biased if you want but I'm going to rate him 10.0. Also he has good availablity and will be one of the first to reach promotion with or without Bonuse EXP or Paragon especially due to how good he is at combat paticularly during enemy phase.