Who deserves to be in the game the most?

Jotari

So for a long time we didn't have Leif in this game and it was really weird. Lesser characters from his very own game were getting in before him. It was pretty much accepted that he was the most deserving character that hadn't been added yet. So, now that Leif has been in for a few months, who is the new Leif? Of all the characters (or even alts, like Shield of Seals Marth perhaps) who are not in the game, who do you think should be. This is not asking who do you subjectivly want to be in the game, it's who you objectivly think deserves to be.

Personally I think it's time at least one of Medeus forms got in. He's the OG villain if the series and he's been shafted way too long in almost all side mataterial (and even his own games to the extent). 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For as much as people go gaga over the human cast of the Tellius games, I feel like we need to have at least a couple laguz in it before we can begin to add to their portion again.

Given how important the laguz are to the world of Tellius and that, unlike the shofters in later games, they are actually important to the main plot, it feels strange to call Tellius even close to properly represented in this game.

Edited by Nanima

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

For as much as people go gaga over the human cast of the Tellius games, I feel like we need to have at least a couple laguz in it before we can begin to add to their portion again.

Given how important the laguz are to the world of Tellius and that, unlike the shofters in later games, they are actually important to the main plot, it feels strange to call Tellius even close to properly represented in this game.

I'm with you on this for sure but I feel like it'll be version 3 before we get them since you can't really make them manaketes. They will probably have to get their own type, which I think the devs can justify by throwing in the Awakening and Fates beaststone charcaters too.

i think levin, pent and louise, gharnef and some laguz like tibarn or ranulf deserve to be in heroes with priority

heck, neither ashnard is in the game yet

rather, there's no reason why they haven't added them yet (laguz aside)

but since the more time passes, the more broken new characters get, i'm ok with it: i want my super duper powercreep levin :)

I'm willing to believe the first year of New Heroes Banners were planned out fairly well in advance. And the Siblings Banner that included FE4, FE5, and FE8 characters were an olive branch telling players "hey, these games will get representation too, it's just gonna take time". Leif got in last because he was just the lowest priority in terms of popularity and relevance. And I'd agree.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

This is my thought process as well. The only deserving type of character from this series still missing are the Laguz. Though I have noticed the way this game likes to role out unique classes, so I fully expect the first beast unit to be a Legendary Hero rather than a banner filled with them. You need to artificially create demand by just having one of this new unit type for people to go crazy and pull for. And said Legendary Hero will probably be one of the Laguz kings. 

I know there's this game called Binding Blade, but its last new unique unit was Klein, IIRC.  In other words, Perceval and Miledy when?

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

This is my thought process as well. The only deserving type of character from this series still missing are the Laguz. Though I have noticed the way this game likes to role out unique classes, so I fully expect the first beast unit to be a Legendary Hero rather than a banner filled with them. You need to artificially create demand by just having one of this new unit type for people to go crazy and pull for. And said Legendary Hero will probably be one of the Laguz kings. 

Yeah... If I had to guess, I'd say we'll get Ranulf, Reyson, Skrimir, then maybe Tibern or Naesala, and then Nasir possibly?

My guess for the Legendary Hero among those is Reyson.

Kent and Sain as the next Cavalier duo that should get in. Though the next banner is a blazing blade one so that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Characters overall though? I'd love to see any of the Laguz royals. If anyone Laguz should be added it should start with them for sure

21 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I agree, although I am pretty sure people would also be plenty hyped if it got a big introduction in a Feh channel and then dropped as a banner. A great first laguz banner for me would be Lethe (red), Tibarn (green), and Reyson (colourless refresher). Add in Ranulf as TT reward and Deghinsea as a GHB. .. Of course, they might pull a Hardin on the latter and have him be summonable as a super dragon unit. The next batch could then be Naesala (blue), Nailah (red) and Leanne (either colourless or green). 

Or maybe I am just hoping for that because Legendary banners are evil and never give me the unit I want.  

There's not enough Binding Blade character IMO. Safe to say Rutger and Miledy deserves a spot(with Gale). Murdock and Marcus should also deserve a spot, they appeared in 2 gba titles.

52 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I know there's this game called Binding Blade, but its last new unique unit was Klein, IIRC.  In other words, Perceval and Miledy when?

Maybe I just have it hard for final boss units, but Idounn would be nice too. And I agree with what someone said above, Gharnef should be in there by now.

The biggest villain from the first game is Michaelis. And I think he's the only villain. Unless you count Camus.

I'm not really sure how to quantify how much a character "deserves" to be included in the game. I mean, the main characters obviously deserved it, by virtue of being the face of their respective games, but they're all in now. Does a character "deserve" inclusion by being particularly important in their game of origin? Do they "deserve" it by being particularly popular? How do we define what "deserving" is, in this case? Personally, I think any character that isn't a generic mook that only has a face because they're a boss is fair game, and none of them really deserve it over one another. Some might be more likely to get in, or will be a more well liked inclusion by the fans, but more deserving? I'm not sure.

...In terms of alts, though, I do think Marth is deserving of being a Legendary Hero at some point. For obvious reasons.

44 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Everyone deserves to be in the game equally.

Well if you think everyone deserves to be in the game equally, you should judge based on which games have the lowest number of representatives thus far.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well if you think everyone deserves to be in the game equally, you should judge based on which games have the lowest number of representatives thus far.

Right now, that's most of them

Archanea got off lucky having enough units between two games to cover most of our needs, and since launch they've only had 7 new units. Meanwhile over half the 1st gen of Awakenings cast was put in the game at launch plus Lucina, and one of those chars had two variants to cover both genders.

Fates, meanwhile had every royal sibling PLUS their retainers in the game at launch PLUS separate genders Corrins and their butler/maid AND grampa PLUS Azura, and then four child units in December, and then three more children PLUS an alt, not to mention FH!Takumi and Kaze.

Meanwhile, while Elibe does have a fair amount of representation, most of it comes from Blazing Sword, meanwhile Binding Blade has had... one unit added to the cast since launch.

Edited by Xenomata

Out of all of them, I'd say Marcus. For being a big part of two games in many ways, including one released in the west.

Honorable mentions go to Levin/Ced, Cuan, Lethe, Boyd, Haar/Jill, Tibarn, Julian, Lena, Chris(I know a lot of people don't like this one, but they're still a main character), Vaike, Sumia, Owain, Silas, Rinkah, Caeldori, Garon.

2 hours ago, Titamon said:

Chulainn

While I've been paying a lot of attention to CYL, and played FE4 multiple times, my initial reaction honestly was "who the dunk is that", which kinda killls the primary purpose of a name imo. I think we should wait until these names have been used in anything significant(Heroes being perfectly fine in my book) before treating them as something people will recognize. But hey, could be just me.

3 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Out of all of them, I'd say Marcus. For being a big part of two games in many ways, including one released in the west.

Honorable mentions go to Levin/Ced, Cuan, Lethe, Boyd, Haar/Jill, Tibarn, Julian, Lena, Chris(I know a lot of people don't like this one, but they're still a main character), Vaike, Sumia, Owain, Silas, Rinkah, Caeldori, Garon.

While I've been paying a lot of attention to CYL, and played FE4 multiple times, my initial reaction honestly was "who the dunk is that", which kinda killls the primary purpose of a name imo. I think we should wait until these names have been used in anything significant(Heroes being perfectly fine in my book) before treating them as something people will recognize. But hey, could be just me.

Oh wow. You're right about Kris. It's actually really weird that Kris isn't in the game considering how much focus Robin and Corrin have gotten. Just goes to show how little waves they made as a character despite kicking off the concept.

Edited by Jotari

beast units and utility staffs like warp come to mind, they could find dozens of users if they wanted to implement either.

maybe Res hitting melee weapons like Levin Sword too

I'm sure there are some people who want to complete the original charathers for every FE"archetype"

I personally hate reminders about Fire Emblem's conservatism and don't see the need for Julian, Oifey, Gotoh, etc.

Some people might want more plot  bosses - FE1/3's Medeus and Gharnef, FE5's Raydrik FE6's Idounn and Janne, FE10's Sephiran and Ashera, FE14 Garon- Probbably Birthright version to complement Fell Takumi as Conqest's endboss. - Even the FE7 Fire Dragon and Duma could probbably be me put in with mild creative liberties. 

Certain midgame Bosses - FE4's Trabant, Leptor, Langobolt FE13's trio - Validar, Gangrel, Walhart although Aversa or Adolphus could sneak in

Both FE7 and FE12's Assasin's have partial represnation in Heroes, which creates a bizarre disconnect that their groups are complete, especially as banners were devoted to it. I think this overules their relative unimportance to plot.

I think a lot of people still want, Liight Brand / Levin Sword / Wind Sword / Flame Lance / Thunder Axe - Not so much consensus about which charathers should be thee wielders of all these. Personally I think going straight to 5 kind of runs th novelty of the RES thing into the ground, and honestly I don't think it would really be as notable as in mainline due to how FEH handles colors anyway.