Who deserves to be in the game the most?

Jotari

Gharnef, Medeus, Lewyn, Oifey, the laguz royals + Ranulf, Sephiran, an Awkening villain, and Sumia are the most glaring I think, most because they're such huge characters in their games, and Sumia because she's the implied canon mother to Lucina.

Other than that I'd also argue characters like Pent, Louise, Rath, Sonia, Selena, Duessel, Jill, Haar, Ashnard, Flavia, Basilio, and sword Owain are pretty significant, popular, or requested characters who deserve to show up soon. 

As for FE6 I agree it deserves another banner the most but it's hard to think of who specifically should be on it. I'd say Guinevere, Miledy, Dieck, Lugh, Elphin, Murdock, Brunnya, Gale, and Idoun are the most important who are still missing.

Edited by Book Bro

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laguz. It's been a year and a half. It's long over due now.

Knowing them, we'll get Awakening fates beasts first, So..Kedan and keaton when?

An ideal laguz banner would be Ranulf, Reyson, Kurth and Tibarn. Maybe lethe as a tt+ simply because she highly popular. 

From Geneology:

Levin (deserves Legendary status)

From Blazing Sword:

Pent

Louise

Nergal (deserves to be a GHB)

From Sacred Stones:

Cormag

Duessel (deserves to be a GHB)

Knoll

From PoR/RD:

Sephiran (deserves Legendary or GHB status)

Dheginsea (deserves Legendary status)

Tibarn (deserves Legendary status)

Naesala (deserves to be a GHB)

Nasir

Reyson

Lethe

Ranulf

Volke

Shinon

Haar

Pelleas

From Awakening:

Basilio

Panne

From Fates:

Rinkah

Kaden

Keaton

From SoV:

Mycen

Conrad

Edited by Etheus

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Maybe I just have it hard for final boss units, but Idounn would be nice too. And I agree with what someone said above, Gharnef should be in there by now.

The biggest villain from the first game is Michaelis. And I think he's the only villain. Unless you count Camus.

Well, we already have four playable final bosses, so obviously we'll get more. So far, legendary heroes have been mostly lords, but I don't think the chance for Shadow Dragon (the game) Medeus as an earth legendary hero is out of the question.

I'm mostly out of ideas of who deserves to be in the game the most, considering we have all lords in the game so far 

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I'm mostly out of ideas of who deserves to be in the game the most, considering we have all lords in the game so far 

I fail to remember who brought it up, but someone mentioned the Hasha no Tsurugi manga and its "lord", Al, as well as other manga original characters.

And while I don't really know anything about Cipher, there may be some lord-like nonsense somewhere in there. There's plenty of loopholes for this game to exploit if they really wanted to.

Well, if all the lords deserved to be in the game then it stands to reason that all the major antagonist should be in too. So Garon, Nergal, Gharnef, Validar, Ashnard, etc.

Laguz/Beast are long overdue. I think a banner featuring Panne, Keaton, Kaden, and Ranulf would be good. With Naesala as GHB.

Nils, Lugh, and Flora complete the siblings.

I don’t know if he deserves it but Bantu would be neat as the only playable male Manakete and his relation with Tiki.

7 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well, if all the lords deserved to be in the game then it stands to reason that all the major antagonist should be in too. So Garon, Nergal, Gharnef, Validar, Ashnard, etc.

Laguz/Beast are long overdue. I think a banner featuring Panne, Keaton, Kaden, and Ranulf would be good. With Naesala as GHB.

Nils, Lugh, and Flora complete the siblings.

I don’t know if he deserves it but Bantu would be neat as the only playable male Manakete and his relation with Tiki.

I'd argue Bantu should get in as the number of Red Manaketes has severely fallen behind the other two colours with only two versions of Tiki representing that combination.

We have all the main characters so at the moment there isn't anyone "deserving" outside of the major antagonists, laguz/other beast units, and characters who belong to a specific archetype in the series

After getting Lene I feel like we're overdue for Phina the OG dancer.

And then there's Lugh, who's entire family has gotten in and his mother is about to get an alt. (Heck, Fir's family was just completed!)

I don't care for Laguz or the other discount non-dragon Manaketes but they would've been a more meaningful addition than colored bows.

Yeah Sumia not being in the game is quite an oddity. You'd think she would have gotten priority but then again, there actually hasn't been a gen 1 banner for Awakening yet.

I say Laguz because beast units are the only unit type yet to be put in the game.  I also think Kieran and Forsyth both deserve to be in to complete the Christmas knight sets that have only one of the 2 in Heroes.  Kris deserves to get in as well since every other playable avatar is in the game, but them.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Personally I think it's time at least one of Medeus forms got in. He's the OG villain if the series and he's been shafted way too long in almost all side mataterial (and even his own games to the extent). 

Well I think that's exactly the problem with Medeus. He's so busy doing absolutely nothing in both games he appears in that there really isn't anything to work with. If Archenean villains are required then pretty much every mayor antagonist is more popular and personal than Medeus is. I'd even argue Gharnef is more deserving of the main villain status than he is. 

I'm going to try and be objective here so I won't name my personal pet units like Azelle or Niime. Instead I will judge on prominence and current gaps in the roster. 

I'd say Tibarn is one of the most deserving characters to be added in the game. Laguz on the whole are shafted and there isn't any Laguz who has Tibarn's combination of baddassery, screentime and prominence. 

I hear Gharnef being mentioned a lot but I'd say that Nergal is the more deserving of the archtype. He's the first main villain western fans encountered and is far more personable then Gharnef ever was. FE7 is also the only game that lacks a main villain at this point while Archenea has all three big villain names or more if we're counting the assassins.  We got the Camus brothers and a henchmen for 7 but no main villain. Alternatively Sonia is also quite deserving. No Hilda archtype is in Heroes yet and Hilda herself is too obscure for the game. Sonia's a pretty solid villain. Considering Sonia got boobs and Nergal doesn't I suspect she's getting the villain spot for FE7. 

Similarly to Sonia I'd give a spot to Petrine. She's a great minor villain and puts a more military spin on the Hilda archetype. 

As for Ceallach....deserving might not be the best phrase but he's certainly needed. We need more important axe users, we need more villains and we need more Sacred Stones characters. Ceallach fills all three roles on his own. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Sumia - staff wielding pegasus knight

awakening trio(awakening version)

Rinea - probably like a GBH and she has the skill like if she falls below max hp  she can turn into her witch form.

BEASTIES from Fates - They were extremely popular in CYL Round 1 and 2 why aren't they in there IS.

Nils - he is as equally popular as ninian but was treated like a side character.

Louise - to see Mangs reaction

Caeldori - if rhajat can make it so can she

Asugi - same for caeldori except he

Idunn - should have been the gray dragon not robin(f) because guess what idunn would beat robin(f) possessed grima anyday of the week

Altenna - important to leif's story why can't she be in it

Edited by AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life

2 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Idunn - should have been the gray dragon not robin(f) because guess what idunn would beat robin(f) possessed grima anyday of the week

Quoted for truth. Idunn just looks the part a lot better.

And, since I'm dreaming, Formortiis.

Ashnard feels like the biggest omission to me right now. Other characters that seem like they'd be strange to leave out for too much longer are Kliff, Quan, Lewyn, Ced, Nils, and Owain.

Quan and Lewyn could be on a banner together, maybe with a Travant GHB. Ethlyn seems like a suitable pick to round out that banner.

Nils would probably be associated with a Nergal GHB. Maybe Sonia on the main banner? I'm not sure who the last unit would be, though. Not many options left for staying on-theme other than more morphs. They could just add someone random, though, like they did with Karla.

Deserve as in they're a step above the other characters? Only Kris is on that position as they generate a Game Over if they die. I know there's random stuff in RD like Lucia, Nephenee and Geoffrey doing the same but that's for like 2 maps at most while Kris is for all purposes a main character whether you like it or not is irrelevant

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow. You're right about Kris. It's actually really weird that Kris isn't in the game considering how much focus Robin and Corrin have gotten. Just goes to show how little waves they made as a character despite kicking off the concept.

Maybe they could have made more waves if they had crossed the waves. 

It's hard to like Archanea when all the international audience unable to emulate has gotten is Shadow Husk. I get the impression the War of the Heroes is just a much better game.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Everyone deserves to be in the game equally.

A principle to be agreed with.

To keep it short and ambiguous, there are several ways to define "deserves" here. One can be deserved on plot importance grounds, on gameplay awesomeness grounds, on popularity with the fans, and a combination of these factors. 

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well if you think everyone deserves to be in the game equally, you should judge based on which games have the lowest number of representatives thus far.

I'm actually not in the mood to do this simple checking and math right now, I should be, but FE Wiki lists picts of every character in Heroes, and until I start summoning, I can't get over my distaste for the artwork. Nonetheless, for anyone interested in doing the math (I would leave out Seasonal, New, and Legendary alts if I were they), here are the PC unit rosters per game. Add ~5-10 to the roster size per game to account for major villains and distinguished NPCs. You also need to account for how FEs 1&3 and 9&10 share most of their PC rosters, and most characters don't really change between games.

Spoiler

Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light: 52

Gaiden: Alm’s Team: 16 Celica’s Team: 16 

Mystery of the Emblem: Book 1: 47  Book 2: 45

Genealogy of the Holy War: 1st Generation: 24 

2nd Generation: 25 

Thracia 776: 52 

Binding Blade: 54 

Blazing Sword: 43 (Hector Mode) 41 (Eliwood Mode) (41/39 per play through because Wallace/Geitz and Karel/Harken, and because with the exception of 1 con, Ninian and Nils are identical statistically, and you only have one at any time (barring the Link Arena in the Epilogue where they have no purpose), so I counted them as one)

Sacred Stones: 33 (not including Orson)

Path of Radiance: 47 

Radiant Dawn: 72 (not including the Black Knight, but including Lehran and Pelleas)

Shadow Dragon: 59 (Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light plus the 7 new characters)

Heroes of Light and Shadow: 77 (one sex of MU, includes final maidens, no BS only characters included)

Awakening: 49 (36 without kids, with one sex of MU and Morgan, including spot pass paralogues)

• Fire Emblem Fates Overall Total:
    • Shared Characters on all Paths: 14- 9 Adults (one sex of Corrin, plus Anna, minus Izana) and 5 children (one sex of Kana)
    • Birthright Exclusive Characters: 27- 19 adults (includes Izana) and 8 children
      • Total Birthright Roster: 41
    • Conquest Characters: 26- 18 adults (includes Izana) and 8 children
      • Total Conquest Roster: 40
    • Revelation Roster: 64 (not counting Scarlet)

SoV: Add Faye and Conrad to Gaiden, so 34, adding the Cipher quartet makes it 38

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

Nils would probably be associated with a Nergal GHB. Maybe Sonia on the main banner? I'm not sure who the last unit would be, though. Not many options left for staying on-theme other than more morphs. They could just add someone random, though, like they did with Karla.

Vaida does hold Nils hostage for a total of two minutes in Unfulfilled Heart. We could also include Blucius, since he joins alongside Nils in Lyn Mode (the two even interact) in Siblings Aboard. Or Rath, Isadora or Heath, since they join in Kinship's Bond, the chapter where you have to defend a collapsed Nils.

If they're going to reference FE7 maps when Nils comes, well the two that really say Nils to me are Siblings Aboard and Kinship's Bond.

Spoiler

7.png21.png

Or, if they were to choose to emphasize Nergal and his connection to Nils- their doubly forgotten tie of father and son- what would be a better map to reference than Hector Chapter 19xx: A Glimpse in Time, the infamously annoying to unlock chapter where this is heavily implied?

Spoiler

19xx.png

I feel like it's hard to say that any one character deserves to be in the game besides the main ones, which are all present and accounted for now.

However, I will say that I find the absence of the Laguz to be the most noticeable.. We now have Heroes from the "second half" (not necessarily a half) of Genealogy, Awakening and Fates in the form of the second generation characters. However, the Tellius series revolves around the human-Laguz conflict, yet the Laguz are nowhere to be seen, and as such they're probably the most important group of characters missing.

Edited by Thane

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Vaida does hold Nils hostage for a total of two minutes in Unfulfilled Heart. We could also include Blucius, since he joins alongside Nils in Lyn Mode (the two even interact) in Siblings Aboard. Or Rath, Isadora or Heath, since they join in Kinship's Bond, the chapter where you have to defend a collapsed Nils.

If they're going to reference FE7 maps when Nils comes, well the two that really say Nils to me are Siblings Aboard and Kinship's Bond.

Reveal hidden contents

7.png21.png

Or, if they were to choose to emphasize Nergal and his connection to Nils- their doubly forgotten tie of father and son- what would be a better map to reference than Hector Chapter 19xx: A Glimpse in Time, the infamously annoying to unlock chapter where this is heavily implied?

Reveal hidden contents

19xx.png

Vaida would be an interesting pick, since she's a playable character with connections to the Black Fang, but she seems to have low enough popularity that I'm not sure they'd want to bother. Same story with Renault.

I think connection to Nergal would be more solid than connections to Nils, but there just isn't enough good options left, especially accounting for the current banner. So I think it's more likely that they'd just do someone random but popular like Rath or Louise.

Could do another Ninian, I guess.

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

However, I will say that I find the absence of the Laguz to be the most noticeable.. We now have Heroes from the "second half" (not necessarily a half) of Genealogy, Awakening and Fates in the form of the second generation characters. However, the Tellius series revolves around the human-Laguz conflict, yet the Laguz are nowhere to be seen, and as such they're probably the most important group of characters missing.

To be precise, there are 25 playable Laguz in RD's roster including Sephiran. So one-third of the 73 (adding Largo) PC roster. Factoring in nonplayables, their percentage declines a little since all major villains and NPCs but Dheginsea, and his less important dead elder son and powerless daughter are Beorc/Branded. Nonetheless, if the Laguz are a quarter of the notable sentiment beings in Tellius, that is still a quarter not to be excluded. Particularly since Tellius fundamentally can't happen if a goddess doesn't break in two a little over 800 years prior over Laguz-Beorc conflict.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Could do another Ninian, I guess.

Nergal:
“Now, Ninian…at last. Open the Dragon’s Gate.”

Ninian:
“…Gate… Open…gate…”

Ninian:
“Here… Come, children of…flame. Come…to me…”

Thank you Pelica for opening this unnecessary door. Although since she summons fire dragons, she could be another Red Breath. Just do the Grima thing.

Now that my two big faves are in the game, the next one I'd like to see is Nergal. He's the only GBA major antagonist yet to be added. I was hoping he'd be the GHB in this recent Black Fang-themed banner (btw why is Karla in there? Was she ever associated with the Black Fang? I don't remember.) Nope, here's Linus. I agree that "deserved" is not the best term, but considering Nergal is the first major antagonist that most western gamers had the pleasure of thwarting, well I think that warrants a place in Heroes alongside his GBA villain brethren. You can't have Zephiel and Lyon in there and not have the Dark Druid between them.

Elice, Julian, Lena, and Kris are probably the most deserving from Marth's games.

Kliff is for sure the most glaring omission so far from Echoes.

Quan, Ethlyn, and Lewyn are probably the most deserving Gen 1 Genealogy characters, with Altena and Ced being the most deserving Gen 2.

Maybe Eyvel from Thracia?

Dieck, Melady, Lugh, Perceval, and Rutger from Binding Blade, plus others since there's so few from that game on the roster!

Sain, Kent, Wil, and Rath from Blazing, to round out Lyn's Legion and to give a proper canon mounted archer a debute. Pent, Louise, and Nils for sheer popularity and plot relevance. 

For Sacred Stones, Natasha to compliment Joshua, Knoll for the Glepnir fiasco, and Cormag because of Valter.

For Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Kieran and Brom to go with Oscar and Nephenee, Boyd because of Mist, and a bunch of laguz because seriously where are they?

Awakening needs to get Sumia and Gregor at some point!

Fates doesn't have much left in the way of "deserving" so I guess Silas and Flora.

I say laguz and more axe cavs, namely Ranulf and Tibarn for laguz, and Kieran and Duessel for axe cavs. Laguz are long overdue imo and we haven't had an axe cav added to the regular pool since Titania over a year ago and we still only have THREE in the regular pool!