Working up the Motivation to build a 5 Star +10

Usana

Wasn't quite sure the best way to phrase the title. This isn't about who to 5*+10 or such, as that would go in the Questions topic. Rather this is more about the motivation to do so.

Given that most of my units have the high level skills they want I am starting to end up with a large stockpile of feathers. Not quite enough to +10 someone in one go, but getting close. The problem is. I have absolutely no motivation to push anyone to that plateau. Was somewhat curious if anyone else has this issue. I know in my case it is partly compounded by the fact that I just got done doing Eirika not too long back so I have little motivation to promote another red from a gameplay perspective.

Also from an Arena perspective(one of the biggest reasons to +10 since I can't even hold T19 sometimes) I would definitely want folks to compliment Eirika. She is geared up for a Tactics play style. So one of my possible +10's is Tailtiu. I have a number of her. But I also use her for fodder a lot. I do like Drive Spd. And mages aren't the best for Arena score. Still she and Eirika would definitely get along. And I have enough to get her to +9 right now. For possible greens I have. . . Camilla and Soren. Soren is cool and all but Tactics wouldn't work with him and Tailtiu, plus that mage issue again. There is also my Amelia who amazingly enough is +9. This would almost require me to run another armor though. and my armor +10 options are. . . scarce to say the least. Plus all the ones I like are 5* exclusive. I suppose a Flier and Guidance would work as well. Too bad Tana is 5* only cause I do like her(and of course she is one of the characters I have never managed to pull). Which would leave Caeda(+7)/Catria(+8)/Camilla(+9) for the most part. Ok what the crap. Are fliers all from California or something?! You know that coincidence and their max possible merges for me right now almost makes me want to make a team out of those three. Almost.

So anyways, what do you do to figure out where to go when burning feathers on +10 promotions? Obviously my method doesn't work too well since I am waffling, but I'll share anyways. I start by making a list of what I got. Doesn't matter how much I may want to +10 someone if I am no where near the copy amount/etc. Basically this serves as a realism check for me. If I don't have 4 copies of said unit even after having spent money on the game then there is a solid chance that a +10 of them is so far down the line that I'll lose interest. Anyways after I have a list I then cross off anyone I don't care enough for to put resources into. Whether because they are meh to me character wise or because I don't feel like using them mechanics wise(this is why Reinhardt is stuck in 4star territory. I just find him kinda boring mechanically even if I like the guy in general). This duality of minimum copies + minimum interest to invest ends up crossing pretty much everyone off my list. Eirika was the only one to break me so far. I like her and she is mechanically interesting and she was stalking me. So of course I 5*+10'ed her.

I didn't want to give anyone a merge until some time ago. Why spend so many feathers to gain so few (stats and arena score)? Better promote units you don't have at 5* and try them out. 

Now that I usually have solved most new content very fast, I did some promotions that where delayed for quite some time. Problem here: They don't give me as much entertainment as I thought, since in most cases I already have another unit with a similar role in my roster. Best example: Tharja. She played like a red Nino and short time after I promoted her I got her bridal version. Not to mention all my other great red mages. 

I started to give my arena core some merges because I wanted to stay at least in Tier 19 without much extra effort. Now that I have a big pile of feathers because of GHB grinding, new copies of Cherche and Caeda will be  merged immediately. Sole exception is Cordelia, since Galeforce is needed everywhere. I'm more or less patient for new copies, I don't force anything.

BH!Roy and Shiro are my only 5* exclusive units with high merges (+5) but only out of sheer luck. I wouldn't spend much money to +10 any of them. 

Summary: My motivation to merge is small, but there is not much else left to do. 

I still prefer promoting new units (particularly those with legendary weapons) and using feathers for SI than using them for merges. +10 merges is way too much of an investment of rare resources for a f2p players. Yes, I know some do it but I don't want to spend the next few months investing in only one character. Plus, the arena "meta" is entirely uniteresting to me. I do my run every weak and hover between tier 17 and 18 without a care, just collecting the rewards. It's not an enticing mode at all. GHB, LHB & BHB are where the fun is at. 

I like to give a maximum of units some attention. I have 7 Reinhardts in my barracks though so eventually, if I ever decide to go for merges, which won't be in the near future, it'll probably be him.

Edited by Vince777

Two main things keep me at it: 

1. I'm merging characters I like and want to use most of all. Why not make them the strongest I possibly can? Plus they get a brighter gold border for being +10. Honestly, the hardest part can be narrowing down who your favorites are, given how tempting it is to work on other characters.
  2. Arena scoring is worth it. If I spend feathers now on something I'll do eventually anyway, I'll pull in more feathers sooner. 

Something of a side thing to this is conserving orbs for banners that feature units I care about. I don't even bother with most banners and instead save for things like Legendary banners because I'd rather +10 Fjorm than get a random new person who will either get demoted or appear on future banners (including Legendary ones!) anyway. I mean, I have two Fallen Celicas and a Hardin but I never spent a single orb on their original banner.

Edited by Johann

Since my main motivation in the game is to expand my army rather than boost the strength of my existing army, something which I feel I can do at any time and something I don't need to because I already have a number of perfectly built units for my needs, I typically don't use feathers to merge.

Exceptions do arise, however. For instance, back in the day I used to use a Neutral Reinhardt. He wasn't bad, but he also wasn't getting the same kills that other Reins would get, but at the time Neutral was literally the best Rein I had. But then I eventually got +Atk -Def. Not -Spd, but who cared. In that instance, I was glad to use feathers to replace the Neutral nature.

In other instances, I'll use feathers for a merge if I pulled the character at 5* but not with an ideal nature. An example I've yet to act on right now is Chrom, who I pulled at 5* from the Chrom and Lissa BHB banner, with a Neutral nature. I have Chrom at 4* with +Atk -Res, which IMO is a more ideal nature, so my plan is to merge the 5* Chrom into the 4* when I feel like promoting 4* Chrom, that way I won't have to spend SP on getting Falchion. Might even use the opportunity to get Aether on the 5* Chrom in advance, so I won't have to grind for that on the Chrom I'm gonna use either.

Of course, all that was BEFORE almost the entire summoning pool was shifted down to 3*-4* summoning...

One final instance where I'll merge is if I get a 5* exclusive who doesn't have any skills I'm considering giving to any of my units, or fail that a unit whose skills I feel I can afford to skip over in favor of the merge. For example, my Elincia, who used to be +5 merge from all the failed pulls for a good nature, recently became +7 because I felt I could afford to pass on Flier Formation, which at the time wasn't a Sacred Seal.

There's certainly units I'd LIKE to have at +10 merge, but they're all 5* exclusive units, and some of them are seasonal units.

Edited by Xenomata

This is absolutely my "issue" as well. I mean, it's not actually an issue as such, as I don't really feel the need to build individually stronger units, but I've now reached the point where my feathers are of pretty marginal usefulness anyway. I'm out of units I want to actually promote as new 5-stars (unless I get an Ares or good L'Arachel), so if I don't go the merge route, I'm pretty much stuck with giving unnecessary upgrades to niche counter units that don't meaningfully affect their performance (like upgrading Raven tomes to Raven+), or doing bad-value SI like QR3 which I could never justify.

Thing is, I've stopped caring about Arena since the last round of changes dumped me back to T18.5. It's not great to lose out on 600 feathers a week obviously, but doing merges for arena purposes is a false economy - say I do half a dozen merges to get to T19.5 reliably, that's 120,000 feathers, or 200 weeks payback time. So no, arena has no bearing on my feather expenditure.

The other thing I suppose is that I don't generally play games for the challenge. Exceptions exist of course, but even for strategy games like Civilization, XCOM and Crusader Kings 2, I prefer to go a couple difficulty notches down from what I'm actually able to do. I prefer the more relaxed and role-playish experience. As a result, I feel little need to optimise my barracks for anything, I'm not interested in self-imposed challenges like the one-turn GHB clears and the like.

So yeah, I'm now at a spot where I pretty much have to commit to merges, but I really don't have any particular unit in mind. I don't feel any of my regular crew particularly need to be powered up past the others, so that's not a deciding factor. I don't have a super-favourite unit for non-gameplay reasons either, so I'm not inclined to do it out of pure favouritism either. I dunno, I might end up just spreading the merge levels around instead of focusing on one particular unit. I gave Xander a merge a couple of weeks ago to celebrate him finally getting Fury 3. I might give Camus one to match him, but those two obviously are very limited, capping out at +3 each. I use Michalis a fair bit so he might get a little love too.

None of the three can be long-term projects of course, so it's just delaying my decision for a few months at best. For a +10 I'd really have to commit to one unit and I really struggle to do that. I kinda envy people like Zeo, Rezzy and Alexmender for whom there's no question about what they want to do. I joke around a bit about favouring characters who are the eldest of three siblings I guess, and I do, but it's a pretty mild thing and certainly not an overriding factor. What would that team even look like? Palla, Oscar, Barst, ???. Actually that's a pretty decently balanced Tactics team I guess. I don't like using infantry though, melee in particular, which rules out a large portion of the 3-4* pool and which does kind of rule Barst out, at least without DC fodder. 4-5* pool units aren't realistic for me either, hell, I've only pulled two Faes ever, one before demotion and one after.

Anyway, I'm rambling, think it's time to go to bed.

I'd love having a +10 character or two, thing is, motivation is lacking as well. My mains are: a seasonal, a 5 star exclusive, a legendary, and an OP more easily accessible, but I hardly pull normal banners nowadays. I could make a 10+ with decent non 5 stars, but that comes with an issue with feathers. 

Since I feel like I don't have enough 5* units yet, I'm not ready to start making 5+10s, but I would love to have some. Upgrading from 4* to 5* costs a lot of feathers, so all of them matters to me, and I already have a few units that I have to raise before taking care of my current 5* to merge. If I get some 5* that I don't want to inherit skills from, I'll merge. But then I need to get luckier with the summonings to get more 5* units. In short, I can see this goal ahead of me, but only in a loooong term. Better have a solid army before maxing them out.

I didn't do it all at once, I just promoted a new merge every time I hit 20k after the SI I needed on them, been laser focused on that since I started the game last March.  Now I have Nowi, Fae, and Nino at +10.  If I ever get more Maria she's next, at +4 now.  My motivation was to be able to beat all the content with my favorites instead of needing specific units like I did back before the merges.  Nowi solos or duos everything in the game so I don't feel like I'm missing out on all the potential promotions I could have done.  

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Seems kind of simple to me:

Just +10 your favorite character. Don't think of the just doing well in the Arena, because that's probably why you see tons and tons of merged dragons and armours (unless they're actually that much fan favourites).

Merging, let alone heavy merging (I have a +6 Henry as of last month, with enough to merge an extra 2), is very new to me. I don't even think I ever had a character I liked as much to justify spending that much feathers and sitting out on other potential builds and characters...but then I realise, most of my feathers spent were somewhat impulsively. Always spent on the first 20k, to "try this character out". What was my decision for Henry? It was basically on a whim. I don't know, everybody seems to have their heavy-merged character. Don't want to be the only guy to miss out on it, and Henry is kind of my favourites anyway (Charlotte is a limited character and I'm mostly F2P).

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Arena scoring is worth it. If I spend feathers now on something I'll do eventually anyway, I'll pull in more feathers sooner. 

@Usana

This is actually what I think is the best piece of advice. If you're intending to eventually go down the path of merging your characters anyways, it's better to do it sooner than later. You'll get returns off of that investment sooner even if Arena isn't one of your main focuses in this game.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

say I do half a dozen merges to get to T19.5 reliably, that's 120,000 feathers, or 200 weeks payback time.

If you were going to do those merges anyways at some point down the road, then whether it happened now or later doesn't change the expenditure (there is no resource inflation in this game; 20,000 feathers now yields the same result as 20,000 feathers a year from now), but it can help improve your feather income.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you were going to do those merges anyways at some point down the road, then whether it happened now or later doesn't change the expenditure (there is no resource inflation in this game; 20,000 feathers now yields the same result as 20,000 feathers a year from now), but it can help improve your feather income.

Yep, it's more an argument of why I've preferred so far to use my feathers on getting more usable units in my barracks for variety's sake, rather than strengthening a select few for Arena purposes. As someone who gets no enjoyment from Arena, it was an easy choice. At any rate, it's never been a case of spending feathers vs not spending them - I'm terrible at saving them and have only recently starting putting in a floor of 20,000 basically as Ares insurance.

For the longest time, I was working under the assumption that I'd never build a 5*+10, really. I certainly didn't anticipate running out of new units to promote this early in the game's lifecycle, but then I didn't anticipate the number of demotions per banner to average somewhere south of one, either. For the next couple of months I'll probably continue to spread out some merges here and there despite not having an active +10 project, because as you say, there's no reason to hoard them. It's not going to make a difference to Arena because I don't even take any of the potential candidates to Arena, but it'll make general content a bit easier at least.

It's worth mentioning that there's not a heavy investment required to be T19.5, you can even pull it off with a team of 4*+10 heroes, each of which can end up costing less than a single 5* promotion. Arena shouldn't be the sole motivation for extra merges, but it's definitely a good reason to justify doing now what you plan to do eventually.

At a certain point, you have to ask yourself "how many units do I need?" I'm F2P (minus the BK snack pack) and I don't have issues fielding a variety of units for things like GC or AA (which will include 4*+10 heroes who can usually do the job better at a lower cost). I could promote every GHB character I come across, but I've already got plenty of great heroes I never have a need to use. Honestly, I get more use and value from my 4*+10 Gunter than my +Spd Mia (who I could +2 but I don't give a shit about her and would rather keep Flashing Blade fodder).

There are a couple reasons you can think of:

1. Arena scoring. This one is obvious as the current Arena (and by extension, Arena Assault) rewards players for running units with high merges, especially if the units have high SP skills and are of 5* rarity. However, putting together 5* merged units just for staying in tier 20 isn't worthwhile on its own but ranking high in Arena Assault can make the investment more worthwhile, especially since you can score more refining stones and sacred coins in the process.

2. Favorite characters. While there are a lot of fan favorite characters that are 5-star exclusive, there are also some fan favorites that are great units, are not 5-star exclusive, and can be merged to +10, such as Shigure, Soleil, Eirika, Marth, Caeda, Raven, etc.

Edited by Roflolxp54

In my case for the longest time I had no intention of doing a 5*+10 because all the good units I had were 5* exclusive and they were good enough to let me score nicely in arena. It wasn't until I got my first Eirika that I decided to make her the best I could which meant merges, expensive skills even if I'm not a whale, etc. From there I noticed that getting good arena scores would make things faster so I chose a unit with high score potential that's easy to merge (Sheena) and the last one I chose when Sieglinde's refinement came because Eirika shines best in tactics teams (Cordelia, who I also like a lot despite her Heroes art). 

I would say that you should focus on your favorite unit and go from there. Try to find some partners that synergize nicely with your main unit and merge them one at a time, before long you'll notice that you'll have 3 or 4 highly merged units. Don't worry too much about arena/AA, at the end of the day those modes will want to force you to use nothing but armor units to remain competitive but ditching your favorites just for those modes is not worth it unless you want to be at the top for bragging rights or something.

I feel like the longer one plays this game, the easier it gets to motivate oneself to use feathers on merge projects rather than new promotions.  Even if one is not a competitive arena player, there is value to having a core of highly merged units.  Before my own team came into its own, I would have to experiment with many different units and commit a lot of trial and error when it came to clearing new Infernal content for GHBs, BHBs, etc.  Now, I've been able to throw my team at any new challenge IS throws at us and expect it to come out on top -- either clearing it on the first few tries or at most having to shuffle some skills around.  Some many relish the challenge of having to use different units all the time, but personally, having a team I can rely on time and time again is a relief.  

I imagine most players who've been active for longer than a year have most of their bases covered, unit-wise.  There comes a time where new promotions pay off less and less, and I start to ask myself whether I'm just promoting someone because I'm bored and want someone to level up, or if they will provide something unique and worthwhile for my barracks.  The answer for me is increasingly the former. 

I definitely feel you on this. Only recently started a Palla because, mediocre as she is, she's one of my favorites, I have enough, and I'm running out of characters I care to 5*, be it as new units or fodder. Who knows how long that'll last though depending on how good Linus is. I know the extra feathers it brings in are a good investment, but it is a lot of investment for a pretty small gain.

Since I have been playing since launch, and I have almost everything I need in my barracks (wish I had a ranged flier that's not Morgan, though) I didn't need to promote new units, so I decided to start a project that I called "luck vs persistence". I'd choose a 5* exclusive and a 3*-4* unit, both that I like (I don't know why, I find canon Ike's design boring, but I really like Brave Ike's design. And Niles, well, it's Dio Niles). So I started hoarding orbs and feathers for them. However, that doesn't mean that I can't waste orbs or feathers if it's not for them. Recently, I've been pulling on the Legendary Banner (but keeping always at least 200 orbs) and I've done 3 5* promotions (Raven and 2 GF foddered). What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to force yourself to make a unit directly from +0 to +10 guys. You can alternate.

Currently Niles is +6.

For me, it was a bit easier to find the motivation to build a 5*+10, since the first one I made was Tiki, who is one of my favorite characters in the series, and was both a common summon and powerful. I knew I wanted to +10 her eventually, and I also wanted to be more competitive in the Arena. So it made sense to start working on that sooner rather than later, since it would mean more feathers in the long run. My army was sufficiently robust and diverse at that point, so I didn't need the feathers to fill out gaps in my army. There were a lot of units that I wanted to promote, but none I needed to. Plus, I enjoyed sharing Tiki during the Voting Gauntlets, and I thought she was a lot of fun to use, especially in the Arena. The emergence of the Brave Lyn era in the Arena also helped reinforce my decision that making Tiki +10 was the way to go. And I'm really happy with that decision, she's been incredibly useful, and I have a lot of fun using her.

After making one 5*+10, it was easier to commit to making another one. Est was my second 5*+10 character. That was an easy decision, since she's another favorite of mine and functions well for my Arena team.

My third 5*+10 project is Cherche (I'm just short two copies at the moment). That was a bit of a harder decision, since, while I like Cherche, she's also not of my all-time favorites from the series. However, my Arena core needed a green unit, and Cherche was the most obvious choice for me due to the frequency with which I pull her, her strength as a unit, and the fact that I am fond of her, moreso than other potential units in the 3-4* pool at the time. Since I'm F2P, any potential 5*+10 is going to need to be in at least the 4* pool, but preferably the 3-4* one.

So, basically, my fondness for the characters coupled with their utility for the Arena have been motivating factors for me. With my Arena core pretty much done, my next 5*+10 projects are just going to be characters I really like. I want to max out the Whitewings, so I've been saving up my Catrias and Pallas. I want to do Fir as well. These are all realistic projects, and I enjoy making the characters I like stronger. The satisfaction of completing these projects is nice too, and it's rewarding to use the characters after spending so much time on them. I also enjoy sharing the finished products in things like Rival Domains and the VGs. But, without the impetus of the Arena, I also think that I'll slow down on that process some, and give some love to other units that have been waiting on promotions for a very long time.

Edited by Astellius

I have over 340,000 feathers and I don't know what to do with them.

I already promoted the characters I like, and the only thing I can think is +10 my Oboro... But I hasn't summoned an Oboro in a long time, so...

An aside of Oboro, most of the characters I want as +10 are 5* exclusives or doesn't have enought copies of them (Arvis and Julius, Angrykumi, Gerome... long list), the only exception is Ares than thanks to god is now available as 4*... yet, I keep summoning other characters and he is only +1 for now (but that's fine since he is still new)

My problem is not motivation to +10 , is the lacking of my favs or copies of them :/

In a mix of what's already been said, I'll second both picking whoever your favorites are and getting started on it if you care about area score as well. Might as well start reaping the benefits of high tier arena rewards sooner than later with the extra merges if you think you'll eventually merge that unit anyway.

I used to be somebody who'd rather use their feathers to add new characters to their roster over merging up what I already had. But a lot of that was due to the pace at which we used to get feathers, so it felt investing in merges kept me from promoting new units to play around with. At this point I feel pretty content with how "wide" my pool of units is and the feathers come faster than before, so I've put more focus on making my favorite characters as good as I can possibly make them. So I guess that's my motivation; to make my favorites as strong as I can, and staying in t20 and all that is partly a side effect of doing so. Even if arena wasn't a thing I'd still probably do it anyway just because.

Just pick some characters you enjoy that you think would make a decent team, as you already seem to be doing. Luckily, you can still stay in t20 with pretty much whoever you want if they're all +10, so even if lower-BST Tailtiu and whatnot are who you'd be interested in +10'ing anyway, go for it. I'd only warn you not to +10 a unit purely for the sake of arena scoring unless that's your most important goal, since it'll be a long while before the extra arena rewards will pay off the 220k feathers you'll have spend on them. If you don't have enough copies yet for somebody you'd prefer to +10, it's probably best to just wait instead of splurging on somebody else just because you can. I have 11 Hanas sitting around in my barracks, but I'm more interested in merging up a Soleil. She's stuck at +4 since I never get copies of her, but I know in the long run if I merged up Hana I'd eventually not use her much after I finally complete Soleil too, so I'm just trying to be patient.

I feel you, feather grinding is quite annoying too. I usually save atleast 20k for the next GHB unit and if i like them i promote them first.
I have slowly working up certain units like Reinhardt and Roy but I don't have a huge reason to do so.
Most of my higher merged characters are people like Shiro (who i pulled way too many), Sheena (my least favorite 5* pity breaker)

I really want to work on a 5*+10 Ares but besides his original banner i've yet to see him appear as a 4* or 5*

My best advice would be that, making a 5*+10 is a luxury and not a necessity for playing the game. the different between tier 19 and tier 20 arena is not really a huge deal. And the only reason you would want to build a 5*+10 other then arena is just maxing out your favorite unit. So i'd say just do what makes your enjoyment increase.
If you're having trouble staying in T19 i recommend adding 1-2 armors to your team (BK is a great free one) to boost your score up a tad. That should help

I think everyone has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Promote your favorites. For me at least that's rewarding. I started adding merges to a character based on utility instead of favoritism, and it didn't feel as rewarding. 

I like making lists of things I'd be doing with feathers otherwise. At the moment, I have enough to complete the promotion projects and weapon promotion projects I want to do, but I'm holding off until I have a nice big stash. 

But also I should note that of the 4 characters I've made a 5*+10, two are mages and one is a healer. I usually run an infantry melee unit, a mage, and a healer in my Arena core, and I don't have any issue staying in tier 20. I run two mages, a healer, and melee infantry in AA, and I almost always stay in the top 3k when I have the motivation to do a deathless run. So I don't see any issue in giving merges to a mage.

I used to think merging units was a waste of feathers as I originally wanted to collect all the heroes and makes build for them. However, due to limited team size (aside of Rival Domains and Grand Conquest), a variety of builds depending on the game mode, and my now "casual approach to FEH," I gave up on that ambition. These days I find myself just using my favorites with their "tried and true" strategies.

I'm currently working on Masked Marth and Cherche. Progress is slow as I do not play FEH regularly as I used to, so I am not getting all the available feathers per week. I just have fun with my favorites, maybe level some heroes on the side, and call it day.

6 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to force yourself to make a unit directly from +0 to +10 guys. You can alternate.

Unfortunately for me I lose focus easily. If it is going to take more than a year to +10 that unit will NEVER make +10 for me. I'll just end up losing interest and focusing elsewhere, which means I'll end up with a lot of +somethings and little full merges. And my 'ocd'(if that is what you want to call it) is such that it very much annoys me to have a bunch of random plusses. So I really don't want a bunch of 5*+3/4/5/6/7's sitting around. I'll blow a gasket. The 5* exclusives sitting at +1/2 are bad enough. You'd think that make it easy to keep focus on a project, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

7 hours ago, Johann said:

It's worth mentioning that there's not a heavy investment required to be T19.5, you can even pull it off with a team of 4*+10 heroes, each of which can end up costing less than a single 5* promotion.

Its probably because of my playstyle where I don't really use units that I don't particularly like, but I was having trouble a bit back where I was missing T19. That was until I hyper merged Eirika. Amelia's team obviously never had an issue since she is both highly merged and is in an armor team. But I get bored of using armor emblem all the time and none of my other teams were doing the T19-T20 very reliably. Probably because most of my favs are 5* so my teams are usually 2-3 base 5* plus with the rest being merged 4*(depending on week's bonus units/etc).

Which was another reason Eirika got promoted. She was a feature on most of my non-armor teams even as a 4*+10. You know maybe that is my issue. No other unit I have that is a 5*+10 candidate really has that 'always there' bit going on. So maybe I am just waiting for another old faithful to show up?

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Just pick some characters you enjoy that you think would make a decent team, as you already seem to be doing. Luckily, you can still stay in t20 with pretty much whoever you want if they're all +10, so even if lower-BST Tailtiu and whatnot are who you'd be interested in +10'ing anyway, go for it.

Tailtiu unfortunately mostly only popped up on my radar due to being a blue blade user. Which would pair well with Eirika(like folks often pair Nino with her). The problem is when it comes to a blue foot mage I would much rather use Lute. Of course Lute has the issue of being 5* exclusive. Heck I would love to run a 5*+10 team of Eirika/Lute/Amelia/Myrrh or Tana if I were somehow that rich. While I am at lets throw the Ephraims at the team as well even though I have never pulled regular Ephraim. And yes. I seem to have a bias towards Sacred Stones characters. I have even briefly considered 5*+10'ing Seth. But he and Eirika would step all over each other's toes with the way I tend to use them. Also Joshua and Marisa both make my blessings teams. So yeah, definite Sacred Stones bias on my part. And most of Sacred Stones pullables are 5* exclusive. Only Eirika, L'Arachel(who is one of my least favorite SS chars), and Seth are available as reasonable +10 projects for me. Even if I really wanted to do L'Arachel she has been avoiding me.

Quite interesting to read everyone's comments.