Tempest Trials: Feud of the Fangs!

Vaximillian

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely slipped my mind that Canas is 5-star. So I guess he'll have a place in the autobattle team. Linus I'll run as 4-star for now and think about it later. Not really keen on units that require Dew promotions for now. I do have a little over 30k feathers, maybe I should give Gronnblade+ to Peganino since her -atk needs some patching up. Or just give regular Nino a merge since she's one of the many units I want to get to +2 minimum.

(The list of units I want to get to +2 before going for a single +10 are Caeda, Eirika, Xander, Tiki, Tharja, Camus, Nowi, Tailtiu, Michalis, Nino. Reinhardt and Lilina are already there. I'd add Fae but I've pulled two copies ever so getting to +2 is a physical impossibility.)

Edited by Humanoid

Well my team of L!Ryoma, F!Morgan, Linus and Nanna is doing pretty well and I am almost at 20k.  I may grind up to 50k today because I am stuck at home because of rain with nothing better to do.  I need to figure out a build for Canas, I think I will run him with M!Kana, Klein and F!Kana once my current team has max HM.  This TT is actually for me pretty fun this time and I am hoping to manage to pull B!Ninian with the orbs.

Got 5* Canas, shortly after getting my last pre-Canas 5* (Linus) to 1.5k HM.

Planning on maxing Res Tactic first, then Live to Serve.

Got Canas, so spent the rest of today training up the Four Fangs...

Linus, Lloyd, Ursula and the newly Fanged Canas (thinking his name can be the Violet Bookworm). 

It feels nice to finally 5* Lloyd and Ursula. I've meant to do it for a while and never got round to it, so being able to level them with Linus is nice :)

I pulled Bride Ninian this morning off the brides banner, and I swear I've been getting this tempest confused with last month's. Been running a flier emblem team to try to get Ninian some EXP and HM, and I forget to switch to my team with Nino and Jaffar. Whoops. ^^;

I've been doing better in this TT than the last few ones. I'm at 17.7k and will likely end at 20k so I'll get the Res Tactic seal ready for action. I'm lucky that Nino still has 1.5k feathers worth of HM instead of being capped, although Olivia worries me a bit in this regard because she's not that far from capping it herself. 

Been really busy today, so I haven't gotten much done, TT wise.  I've only gotten to 3709 points in my first two battles - during the second round, lost my primary TT team at map 4, second team at map 7.

Have been using a modified version of my flyer team with a standard Nino (est, Caeda, NY!Azura, Nino).  On the plus side, the few orbs I've gotten from those first few-thousand points got me SC!Nino, so I'll let the infantry Nino rest once I get her flying twin trained up.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

Mae and Katarina are capped, switching over to Ishtar. After she brings me a reasonable amount of feathers (she’s even under 1,000 HM), I’m tagging in Merric and Canas because three greens on a team (Linus, Merric, Azura) would be asinine.

So, in case anyone was wondering:

saVJ00p.png?1

Yes, chasing a top 1,000 spot in a TT is still very much not worth it anymore. Also, yes I did end up wasting a significant portion of my day grinding this.

At any rate, I'm now free to ignore this aside from doing the three runs per day that are needed for the daily quests. I also got Micaiah and Azura capped out on HMs and a fair amount of feathers for my troubles as well.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, chasing a top 1,000 spot in a TT is still very much not worth it anymore.

Was it ever worth it outside of, like, the first two tempests?

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Was it ever worth it outside of, like, the first two tempests?

Not really, but grinding this high on Day 1 would've definitely gotten me into the top 1,000 in the past. It seems like ever since Thunder's Fist and the re-branding to Tempest Trials+, ranking high in a TT now requires twice as effort (and an amount I'm definitely not willing to put in) compared to before.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It seems like ever since Thunder's Fist and the re-branding to Tempest Trials+, ranking high in a TT now requires twice as effort (and an amount I'm definitely not willing to put in) compared to before.

They should just kill the plus because it looks stupid. At least top 5k is still achievable. But yeah, score inflation is too real for some reason.

10 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

This is oddly satisfying:
XAvFQuE.png

Doing my grinding earlier on this tempest and that snagged me Canas early. I immediately upgraded Live to Serve and Res Tactic. Man I still have 350 coins. I feel like I haven't passed up  upgrading that many incredible seals. 

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Is it just me or is the easiest final map for a Tempest we've had yet?

It's just you~! :P:

But realistically, as long as the green unit's alive, I can win.  If Linus dies at any point, I'm screwed.

Went back and looked at the final map of each TT, and I reckon Julia was the easiest. The current one is fairly easy too but Ursula's range means sloppiness can get punished more, plus my autobattle team isn't so great at handling it because the map design means they tend to step into the range of *all* the enemies.

I'm having good success with my 2-2 team:

+10 Sigurd [+Atk, -Res] (Divine Tyrfing, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Crusader's Ward, Hone Cavalry, Quick Riposte 3)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry 3, Def Tactic 3)
+10 Mae [+Spd, -Def] (Blarowl+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, Hone Atk 3)
+0 Nino [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 3)

I'll probably switch Sigurd out to Quick Riposte 3 in the B slot and Res Tactic 3 in the Sacred Seal slot once I get the Sacred Seal.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

You can safely snipe the melee infantry and Reposition or Draw Back to get out of the range of the armor and bait the cavalry without getting in range of the ranged infantry and Ursula. I'm finding this map really easy.

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I had a more fixed strategy for the last Tempest Trial, I find this one a bit more challenge. Not saying this is difficult, but I need to be more careful around Ursula. I run with 2 Cav unit you know.

I like my score, my rank, and my feather count:
Screenshot_20180619-014806.png

Not going for top 1k in any way, shape, or form, but staying in 5k will be nice. There is yet much to grind and a lot of HM to obtain, anyway.