Golden Age of Games

smgrinus

Systems  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which system started your love of gaming?

• DOS/Amiga
    • Nintendo
    • Super Nintendo
    • Sega Genesis
    • N64
    • Sony Playstation
    • Game Boy Advance
    • Sony Playstation 2
    • Xbox
    • Nintendo DS
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Xbox360

I played PS1 games like Bob the Builder on my PS2

I was still wearing diapers when I was first introduced to vidya games now that I remember, hahaha

GameBoy Advance came after

Edited by Pixelman

I played the Super Nintendo before the Nintendo 64, but that's like very vague half form memories era of life. Nintendo 64 has to get the props for really selling me on the medium.

3 hours ago, Pixelman said:

I played PS1 games like Bob the Builder on my PS2

I was still wearing diapers when I was first introduced to vidya games now that I remember, hahaha

GameBoy Advance came after

That's funny!  I too had Bob the Builder for PS1.  (And a Dora the Explorer game for my sister.)

I believe my first video game ever was Disney's Tarzan.

But Ratchet & Clank was the video game series that truly made me love gaming.

I would have put stuff like the TRASH (TRS80) and the various Ataris here if I could. I remember my mom and uncle playing games from those consoles back when I was about three years of age. I started my own foray into video games with the Famicom/NES though.

I grew up with the PS2 and NES so I went between Super Mario Bros at my grandparent's house and Crash Bandicoot or NBA Street at home. Sonic Heroes was another really fun game I had for it so I guess the PS2 is what really got me into games.

Super Nintendo for me. It was my first system and I played a good number of games on it. My favorites were Yoshi's Island and Mario Paint and still are. Though sadly since Mario Paint required the mouse accessory, I can no longer play it. Our mouse disappeared years ago.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Super Nintendo for me. It was my first system and I played a good number of games on it. My favorites were Yoshi's Island and Mario Paint and still are. Though sadly since Mario Paint required the mouse accessory, I can no longer play it. Our mouse disappeared years ago.

You could buy a new one relatively cheaply I'm sure.

Just now, Jotari said:

You could buy a new one relatively cheaply I'm sure.

Yeah, I could, but I just never felt like it I guess. And the mousepad that came with the thing is gone too, I forgot to mention. Though I'm not sure if that was really needed.

It was the Wii. I had my Wii since the year it came out but it didn't truly bring out my love for games until 2011-2012 when i really started getting into gaming.

PC really did have a lot in the late 90s and early 2000s. Most of my favourite games are from that time. I played almost no consoles until the PS1 (and really, mostly until the PS2).

It's weird. I had a Gameboy and played on my siblings' SNES and Megadrive, before getting a PSX to share with my other siblings, but I wouldn't say they started my love of gaming. They only really got me into Pokémon as an obsession, and I just played on the random games that came with it (Tomb Raider, Driv3r, etc) on occasion, but I wasn't truly in love with gaming.

The Gamecube is what truly got me into gaming. It was the first home console that was only mine and I had saved up to pay half of it while getting the other half for my birthday. Originally, I got it just for Colosseum and Sonic Adventure 2, but since I now had this gorgeous new console, I wanted to find other games to play on it. Once I started expanding my horizons there, I then began looking at games for my GBA, too, which had only really had Pokémon and a few random things on. Then I expanded my PSX and PS2 collection and became a huge JRPG fangirl. It took about a year or so after getting my GC to discover Fire Emblem and become obsessed (starting with the GBA ones and branching out).

So yup. First console I ever played was a NES. Console that I first owned was a Gameboy Pocket. Console that kicked off my love of gaming was the GameCube :D

Edited by Cute Chao

I had a namco plug and play with Dig Dug, Rally X, Pac Man, and Galaga on it.

Also had tons of cereal box give away discs (Roller Coaster Tycoon and Backyard Kids Soccer come to mind)

I eventually had GBC and then the  Nintendo 64 as my first console, probbably 2 months or so apart. Granted we had like only 6 games for like the first 2 years.