World of Dragons OoC/Signups

Dragoncat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*staring at the screen*....i want to post. But i don't know what to post....i had an idea earlier...oh so let me ask 

1) Can we use our breath for comabt?  I was going to go with being fire based (or for the others who will probably use different elements)

2) Should we be like naked dragons or a version(s) that have clothes/armor?

3) If naked how much damage can we take? (cuz that paw attack made you spit flames/blood?)

4) Do we use weapons or plain melee backed by strength and agility?

I think those are the only questions i got for know. Going based of Spyro knowledge (which i vaguely remember because i played that in the early 2000s) i would think we be more "natural" except the gnocs since they did have armor and spiked clubs (etc)

Yes you can use fire breath, I'll say no to other elements, this is classic Spyro, that was the only breath element that existed.

Just scales/naked, no armor on dragons.

Flame breath and horns/claws/fangs for weapons.

Hope that answered your questions.

Other than not being able to access SF for most of the weekened, I had been waiting for someone else to post first. I suppose I better just post something already, then... though perhaps not tonight. Maybe...

Ok so i'm currently typing (right after this post) and decided i'm going to do a double post. Let me explain

So in the military there exist two paths you can take once a soldier. (not sure if civilians know this information because to me it's common knowledge since i joined the Army). I'll try and explain in a simple way. A Commissioned Officer (CO) is basically someone who goes to military school and actually studies warfare. These are typically the people who get the fancy ranks, get way better pay-checks, get to give commands to others, some don't even see combat, and from what i noticed on the inside, NCO and soldiers under the rank of E5 particularly don't like them. Their rank include the titles (i might miss a few) Major, Colonel, Lieutenant, General, Captain, and i think more. A Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) actually relays orders from COs, gets into dog fights with the other soldiers under the rank of E5, relays back information to the COs so they can continue to get live updates from the battle, and if the situation is serious enough act as commanders and give new orders to faciliate what is going on during batttle. They make smaller pay checks and typically tend to be the ones who enforce rules among the lower ranks and keep them in line. Their rank includes titles with Sergeant typically tacked on. So starting with and leading up is Sergeant, First Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Major Sergeant, Command Major Sergeant, and you kinda get the picture. (Based off my score when i was entering i was actually offered to go to CO school but rejected because at the age of 18 i didn't know the differences or any better and one of the guys that took the test at the same time i did say nobody likes those guys)

So i don't want to be someone huge key player but i'm ok with being a Sergeant. (i actually was a Corporal at rank E4 in the military and the ongoing inside joke is that we aren't good enough to get the pay of a E5 Sergeant but we get the responsibilities of a Sergeant lol) 

So since i've delayed long enough i'm going to post now (after this one) and i'll include my post in two spoilers. One going under the assumption that @Dragoncat approves of me being a Sergeant and another going based off the assumption she wants me to be at a lower rank. I figured for the roleplay it'd be more spiced up if i could occasionally go solo with a squad or platoon of soldiers who i can control (the NPCs) and not being doing too much stuff in the future all alone because then i'd end up accidentally Mary Sue-ing myself so i don't die in the war. Plus if i get orders to go do stuff i can leave from the main group and do independent posts that way we aren't all centered together. Sorry if i'm not being clear but i was thinking of making the roleplay bigger? As in we sometimes are in small groups and not clumped up? I dunno how to explain myself.

(jeez....with all i typed here i should have been posted sooner huh xD sorry for the delay everyone. shit has been happening at work and i had to work extra hours but now i'm off for 3 days so i'm going to relax and post on SF sparingly)

Also another thing sorry if i'm not consistent when typing in the sense that sometimes i'll go "I" or sometimes i'll be talking in third person. I've always had the problem in the past because...well i just feel weird sometimes talking with "i" but not actually being....me? Its weird. Any advice or direction would be appreciated. I'd be happy to go with what i'm told to do as far as in "just stay in third person to help the flow"

@Tediz64 That's fine, you can be a lower rank than the colonel. He's actually based on Colonel Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles, and there was a captain under him, so maybe that? We'll see how things work out, if it ends up big enough I won't mind you going solo.

Stay in third person to help the flow, please. You can do "I" in dialogue. Not a huge deal though.

OK. (lol i'm still typing but at least you saved me from typing the 2nd block of text under the assumption i get no rank)

Also since i want to know (as well as to any other readers) did you know about that in the military ranks? Or am i going to far in assuming people don't know that. I dunno if that is common knowledge or not....:huh:

2 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

Also since i want to know (as well as to any other readers) did you know about that in the military ranks? Or am i going to far in assuming people don't know that. I dunno if that is common knowledge or not...

I know there are different ranks, but not the nitty gritty of what rank is where. Pretty much.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

You may just need to skip me. My grandfather died yesterday, so I'm going to be gone for a while. Sorry.

I'm so sorry to hear that :(

If you want you can drop out.

23 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

You may just need to skip me. My grandfather died yesterday, so I'm going to be gone for a while. Sorry.

Condolences. Family comes first--do watcha gotta do.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been kinda busy lately, recently got a job. 

Anyone with any plot ideas to help move things along is welcome to drop them here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Snek Overlord said:

May I ask if this is still open now that all offsite RPs that I'm in are dead?
Or was there a time limit that was passed?

I don't belive there was a sign-up limit. I would say you're free to make one either way, but the RP hasn't been active for a while, as it were. Or perhaps this can give it the kick it needs.

On 22/7/2018 at 1:05 PM, Dragoncat said:

I've been kinda busy lately, recently got a job. 

Anyone with any plot ideas to help move things along is welcome to drop them here.

Well, once the events at the make-shift meeting place are over... well, where exactly are taking place? Close to any important area? That could help in deciding what to do afterwards.

10 hours ago, Snek Overlord said:

May I ask if this is still open now that all offsite RPs that I'm in are dead?
Or was there a time limit that was passed?

You may join.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, once the events at the make-shift meeting place are over... well, where exactly are taking place? Close to any important area? That could help in deciding what to do afterwards.

That's the thing, I don't really know. Except for going to the Dream Weavers World to help out there after the attack on Lofty Castle.

Name: Alraxis, although she also goes by Ali.

Species: Dragon - Dream Weaver

Appearance: Alraxis, occasionally called a fiery beauty by admittedly annoying individuals(to her, anyways), is a rather massive dragon, standing taller than most beast masters and peace keepers, the two kinds that actually use size to aid with their tasks. Alraxis, however, isn't imposing with her height, possessing a more slender frame, built to offer herself as much agility as she could train herself to have, and covered with hundreds of thousands, if not millions of small, overlapping scales that are varying colors of red, orange, yellow, and some white even, which all rub together in the right way as she moves to give the appearance of being a moving inferno. Her neck and tail are both on the longer side, and Alaxis' head is long and angular, her muzzle being not all too far off from being a beak. Her scales make her emerald eyes pop just that much more, for better or worse.

Personality: Alraxis is a woman that prefers to get lost in her work, or in a book, even, rather than interact with others, as research can be predictable, whereas dragons and other species are often not. It doesn't help any that she a rather serious grudge against a few dozen people just because they have ruined several days worth of observations, be it on purpose or just accidentally bumping into whatever crazy contraption was set up to run for a week or two at a time. Perhaps it's all just because deep down she's just afraid of rejection from others, and she compensates by isolating herself and rejecting others first?

Backstory: Ali may be a a stoic dragoness with a deep resentment towards anything that talks to her more than five minutes, but she wasn't always that way. Alraxis was once the friendliest dragon that you could ever meet, although deep down she knew that it was a facade to hide her true colors from her friends and family for their sake, not her own. She was actually able to do really well, playing iwth friends and being kind and respectful to elders, although one day, somewhere along the line, her facade slowly started fading away, until she had left society for several weeks, where she just...stared at the sky, and relaxed, so that she could deal with people once again...as well as think up several different tests that she could run, just to observe patterns in the sky and plantlife to indicate different types of weather. She enjoyed this more than dealing with people, and had left society again a few years later, only to be disturbed by the occasional messenger, or some idiot that thinks Ali really cares for other people all that much.