Dead or Alive 6 announced

Jedi

That's neat. I hope this time they are not going to have those annoying DLC banners plastered over the main menu. But seeing how they even did this in Hyrule Warriors, that's probably a futile hope.

Well, this is an interesting development. While I only played DOA 2 and DOA Dimensions, I really enjoyed the games and DOA is probably one of the fighting games that I am actually decent at.

Shame there does not seem to be a Switch version as their PC ports seem to be lackluster. Oh well, another to add to the PS4 pile whenever I get the funds to purchase one...

So, Soul Calibur VI and now Dead or Alive 6? What's next Virtua Fighter 6? Bloody Roar 5?

I honestly didn't expect to hear anything about DOA considering the annoucement made last year. But I'm really happy with this and want to see more.

1 hour ago, Ycine said:

So, Soul Calibur VI and now Dead or Alive 6? What's next Virtua Fighter 6? Bloody Roar 5?

I honestly didn't expect to hear anything about DOA considering the annoucement made last year. But I'm really happy with this and want to see more.

It's like a fighting game renaissance right now, and considering i'm getting more seriously into them, it's a great time to be doing so.

Huh, neat I guess, Being honest as a semi-fan who only got into this series to play with a friend the gameplay looks normal. However as much as I do enjoy fanservice I kinda like that they are getting rid of the jiggle physics, if I get it I can actually feel comfortable and play it in front of family, which is the main reason I haven't touched 5:LR is because of the jiggle physics and only occasionally play dimensions on my 3ds. Anyways that's a future release, I need to get good at blazblue before I pick up another fighting game series (cause Naga knows I'm terrible at street fighter and no longer as good at smash as I used to be)

Oh wow. Wasn't expecting this. I thought "Last Round" was literally the last fighting installment of the series.

I like this change!  Loved watching the series from a distance, will most likely never play it. . .but I'm damn impressed with that trailer video.

My thoughts:

- Yep, fanservice is alive and well.  Wonder if Helena will get an alt costume with pants?
- That little flower on Kasumi's new outfit rocks.
- Lighting's a little wonky.  Jann Lee looks like he's made of plastic.  Zach doesn't have that problem.
- Speaking of, Jann Lee's facial expressions are meme-tier, IMO.
- Not sure if I like the "one-button special combo" thing.  It'll tone down the execution side of things, but not the decision-making part.
- Favorite touch IMO is the bystanders pushing the fighters back into the fray.

I find it kinda strange that so far there is no sign of Marie Rose. Given how hard they have been pushing her in recent years, I would have expected that she would be all over the place if a new installment was announced. Not that it would be in any way a bad thing if the blatant pedo pandering character would be left out, mind you. But given her obvious popularity, I don't find that to be a very realistic possibility.

But in order to write something that does not express my cynicism, I do I like that Kasumi seems to have gotten a different default outfit. Her old one was the kind of outfit that made it look impossible that she could make any fast movements without it falling off. Maybe some people find this implication "sexy" but to me that just looks "off". Kinda like seeing a broken arm or something like that. And given my choice of analogy, I suppose it goes without saying that I don't find that kind of aesthetic in any way pleasant to look at.

Otherwise so far I don't really see anything that this game offers that DOA5 didn't already do. Well, if it at least gets a better PC port then Last Round I will probably keep an eye on it. Especially once the nude mods come out.

Ah, they didn't change Helena one bit. Good news to me. 

Lightning and dust effect are a little bit too much and needs to be tone down in my opinion. 

But hey, it's still early and I sure as hell gonna play it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Those guys could really tone down the swearing.  But otherwise, it's a solid video.  Looks like they're aiming for realism. . .well, as realistic as divebombing ninjas can be.

• 1 month later...