My two cents about what FE16 could be

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/Nintendo-64-Had-a-Cancelled-Fire-Emblem-Game-Called-Maiden-of-Darkness

After looking at this, it made me wonder if this turned out to be FE16 or if FE16 is something else entirely.

What do you think? Do you think Maiden of Darkness is FE16, or do you believe this is something else entirely? If it’s the latter, would you like Maiden of Darkness to be revisited?

Nintendo isn't a stranger to taking old concepts and using them years later. I recall a boss from Super Mario Galaxy being based on the original concept for the Ganon fight in Ocarina of Time that had gone unused. In this case, I don't think it will happen because Maiden of Darkness was reworked into Binding Blade. The article does say that very little of the game was moved into Binding Blade, but we have no idea how much original content there is left. Going back to Maiden of Darkness would be cool, but I don't see them reviving it for FE 16.

Then again, Star Fox 2 got a release 22 years after it was cancelled. You never know with Nintendo.

It seems like there is so little information on Maiden of Darkness that its hard to tell.

Also I think some of the concepts from this scrapped game were put into the Tellius games, although I could be wrong.

14 hours ago, Perkilator said:

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/Nintendo-64-Had-a-Cancelled-Fire-Emblem-Game-Called-Maiden-of-Darkness

After looking at this, it made me wonder if this turned out to be FE16 or if FE16 is something else entirely.

What do you think? Do you think Maiden of Darkness is FE16, or do you believe this is something else entirely? If it’s the latter, would you like Maiden of Darkness to be revisited?

from the sounds of the article Maiden of Darkness seems to have been chopped up and elements were put into other games, I also doubt that there is enough of the original game script out there to really work with, this was cancelled due to a restructuring at IS (likely Kaga leaving), which means that they may have lost something.

Maiden of Darkness despite the little information we have seams to have been turned into or at least inspired the Telius series honestly.Though again, we've got little to go off of so who knows. The similarities that I have spotted are as follows:

• "Ike" vaguely resembles Ike in Path of Radiance.
  • "Renette" vaguely resembles Mist, and has a similar outfit to hers in Radiant Dawn, albeit a different color.
    • Her outfit is also incredibly similar to Elena's, whom Mist's design in Radiant Dawn was likely made to resemble like how Ike resembles Greil.
  • The unnamed red haired girl in the concept art vaguely resembles Titania and has similar armor to hers. She also somewhat resembles Jill.
  • Helen vaguely resembles Mia in Path of Radiance
  • The style it seams the sprites are in the cutscene we are shown somewhat resemble and appear to function similarly to the 3D map models from the Telius games and how they are used in cutscenes.
  • The top right sketch of Taki vaguely resembles Zihark, particularly if you compare it to the unused version of Zihark portrait from the Telius Recollection
  • The title "maiden of darkness" somewhat brings to mind the whole case of Yune "the dark god" who was sealed away in the Fire Emblem.

Anyway, Maiden of Darkness's cancellation is mostly generally assumed to have been the result of Kaga leaving Intelligent Systems during its development. So its quite possible that he may have implemented tiny things from the game into the original Tear Ring Saga as he did do that a lot with the other FE games. Though though there isnt very much of really anything to support this, but I feel its still worth mentioning.

• The art for "Ike" greatly resembles Runan, one of the two main lords of Tear Ring Saga: Utna Heroes Saga.
  • The "Renette" bares a resemblance to Esther. Though I have to admit this is a bit of a stretch as it seams Esther was more intended to resemble Olwen.

It seems interesting. I wonder how different the franchise would be had they gone through with this game.