[FE10] Anyone up for trying out a Radiant Dawn Hard Mode Draft!

Sturm

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, final decision, Jill is free permanently and Titania will have a quota of eight maps that you can use her for, this doesn't include the tower though, you can bring whoever you want there.

On 12/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, Zihark72 said:

@Sturm sorry for taking ilyana! This is my first draft and I figured ilyana had great availability so she would be a good pick haha. 

No problem, it's cool. Yeah Ilyana is definitely a good pick, I would have considered taking her first pick myself, I was just surprised someone else thought to do it as well :lol:.

22 minutes ago, ~rad said:

Before I start I was wondering ,other than a summary, what else would be needed to be said after I finish a chapter or does it matter at all?

A simple summary of what you did for the chapter, and the turn count, is all you need. Such as

Chapter Blank [6 (turns for that chapter) + 4 (Four is the customary penalty amount of turns, so if you use an undrafted unit, then you add four to your turn total. If you didn't use an undrafted unit, ignore this part) /23( Total amount of turns up to that point)]

General Strategy, with mostly vague ideas of what you did, we all know or are going to get to thoroughly know the chapter, so it's easy enough. Details come into play mostly with bosses, such as I got the armorslayer with Merlinus, traded it to Shanna who then ferried it over the mountain to Marcus, who proceeded to two-shot the boss

That being said, this draft is already full. There are always new drafts coming up, just stick around a while and you'll see.

Edited by DarthR0xas

17 minutes ago, ~rad said:

Thanks for the info and hopefully I can start soon. Also luckily I was able to take over the play-through part for Joe Cool so I'll be using his team. :^_^:

Oh right, that was you. My apologies, I had forgotten who Joe had given his team and assumed it was someone else.

15 minutes ago, Zihark72 said:

Is streaming it an acceptable option? How do things like resets or game overs work? Or is it only the winning run that matters

Yeah, you can stream your attempts. Resets and Game Overs work as usual, if you use a unit that you haven't drafted and an exception wasn't made for that chapter, then you simply add a penalty of four turns to your total count. If you fail a chapter, that run of the chapter doesn't matter, only winning runs are added to the turn total. So if I fail chapter 2 three times, and then win on the fourth, those three failures wouldn't be added to my total, but if I used Edward when I didn't draft him, then my total turns would get four added to them on top of the regular turn count.

Soul proposes the Micaiah 1-9 4-turn to be banned. It will force basically every player to RNG abuse to get her Spd up, otherwise you just fall behind hard. It's just stressful to pull off, and people will get away saying they got "lucky".

Part 1 Prologue 

Micaiah kills first bandit. Edward crits second bandit, Mic trades herb for vulnerary and uses sacrifice. Mic heals and Edward ends up crit two more bandits somehow (8% btw).  Edward heals while Micaiah and Leonardo beat up a bandit. Edward heals again with a herb at the choke point, crits boss with wrath while last bandit targets Leonardo. Leonardo kills bandit and Mic takes the boss.

7/7

Part 1 Chapter 1

Nolan rushes up and attacks the soldier while Leonardo trades Draco shield to Edward and Edward to Mic. she goes up the alley and uses it. Nolan Dodgers fighter. Micaiah and Leonardo team up to kill a fighter; Nolan heals with vulnerary.  Leonardo tanks a hit while Nolan finishes off the other two fighters. Leonardo and Micaiah kill two more. Nolan kills the guy sitting next to the boss. Micaiah escapes.

8/15

Part 1 Chapter 2

I pretty much rushed everybody up the ledge. Micaiah tanked the first soldier and took three kills. Sothe got thani and pushed his way to the boss where Nolan was able to use the chest key for energy drop (I forgot to get the steel bow for Leonardo, oops).

8/23

Part 1 Chapter 3

Everyone rushes to the door while Kurth tanks everyone. Edward trades the key, Nolan opens door, and Leonardo uses the energy drop. Sothe kills the mass and Mic bombs the boss and armored unit. Everyone escapes but Laura who is too busy trying to reach lvl 2.

8/31

Part 1 Chapter 4

This one was a little tough for me because Meg was lacking the speed. Pretty much Sothe went up alone while Mic, Laura, Meg and Leonardo went right and around. Leonardo got the master seal and Seraph Robe while Sothe got the 3000 gold and beastfoe.

9/40

Part 1 Chapter 5

I pretty much waited it out by the ledge. Volug eventually went to help Zihark and Jill. Nothing much else to say. 

6/46

Mic- Draco shield
Leo- Energy drop
Note: I picked Nolan for the first three chapters. Edward simply avoided enemies and traded stuff around.

Guessing everyone else is going through this smoothly?

You know, funny story. It was only after signing up for this draft and finishing the drafting process that I check my game, and realize I never actually unlocked hard mode. So once I finish my normal game run-through, I'll be on my way to doing this draft.

38 minutes ago, Zihark72 said:

Awesome! I think ill start on Thursday. My twitch is twitch.tv/izzyboy. Do I post vods here , chapter by chapter ?

That is what some people do, so if you want to you absolutely can.

On 18/10/2018 at 2:04 PM, Nic said:

Soul proposes the Micaiah 1-9 4-turn to be banned. It will force basically every player to RNG abuse to get her Spd up, otherwise you just fall behind hard. It's just stressful to pull off, and people will get away saying they got "lucky".

That seems rather arbitrary to me, I mean, it's not like that's the only map where having a fast Micaiah saves turns or just having good stats in general saves turns. Personally I don't think it's necessary, I don't have a problem if people get blessed units, it's hard mode anyway. If multiple people want to make that a rule then I'm fine with it but at the moment I'm going to say no.

On 23/10/2018 at 3:35 AM, DarthR0xas said:

You know, funny story. It was only after signing up for this draft and finishing the drafting process that I check my game, and realize I never actually unlocked hard mode. So once I finish my normal game run-through, I'll be on my way to doing this draft.

Gamefaq's has some saves that have hard mode unlocked, you could use one of those if you want to save some time.

2 hours ago, Zihark72 said:

One last question, are you allowed to take skills of the undrafted units? for example i didn't draft zihark but could i take his adept and put it on Jill or Ilyana?

Yeah, you can transfer Skills around however you like.

1 hour ago, Sturm said:

Gamefaq's has some saves that have hard mode unlocked, you could use one of those if you want to save some time.

My computer can't really run any Wii emulators, so I'm kinda stuck with playing on console.

6 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

My computer can't really run any Wii emulators, so I'm kinda stuck with playing on console.

You can download the save file onto an SD card then plug that into your Wii.

Alright, maybe I'm just an idiot, but I've downloaded a ton of saves, put them on my SD card, but when I put it into my Wii U, and check on the Wii menu nothing comes up. The tutorial I watched didn't help me in the slightest.

Its hard to help since I can't see what you're doing. Download a save file onto your SD card, insert into wii, delete current radiant dawn data, transfer new data from SD to console through Wii settings then boot game. And if that doesn't work then it may have been the type of file you downloaded and your WiiU might not read it. Hope this helps! :^_^: