World-Building Notes Feedback

Dismissed

Looks like you've got some solid stuff here! The thing about deities existing for as long as people worship or are aware of them and as long as whatever they control is still there makes a lot of sense.

The soul thing is interesting too. Reminds me of recycled souls. I have this thing for the Xenoblade fandom where I pair Reyn with an OC named Gamma and they have a son named Ray. And when Gamma is five months pregnant with their second kid, she is killed in battle. In the afterlife, she just calls the second kid "Son 2", until Ray is old enough to produce his own son, Argon. Argon is not just his son, but his little brother as well, because he decided he wanted a second chance at life so his soul was recycled. Kinda like reincarnation, only a bit different. I'm unsure whether I want to allow reincarnating/soul recycling into the opposite sex, but I don't do it very much anyway so meh.

Edited by Dragoncat

I like that you've got rules you're keeping yourself to, it's definitely something I need to get around to with my own stuff. I'm also looking forward to seeing what else you have coming.

• 1 month later...

Could you put a link to this in the original topic please?

The magic stuff is quite solid and logical, I love the FUS DO RAH dragon breaths lol. And next you're profiling Percy! Awesome, looking forward to it. Will you be profiling any of the other demigods from that series?

• 3 months later...

Despite being reptilian in nature, manaketes were recently known to be able to breed healthy, fertile offspring with humans, provided that they stay in human form during mating, of course. (Researcher's note: A human mating with a Manakete in their true form has not been tested yet.) The way the offspring is brought into the world depends on the parents. If the female is a human, then the offspring is born live in human form after a pregnancy period of similar length to a typical one. If the female is the Manakete, then the child is laid in an egg and hatches in dragon form after nine days. If the female is equal parts half-human and half-manakete (Again, perfectly balanced, as all things should be.), then it's a fifty-fifty coin toss scenario that is left up to the Random Number Gods.

For an egg born offspring, does the mother have to be in dragon form to lay the egg? And I'd think the egg should develop longer than nine days. Maybe it's laid nine days after conception, but it shouldn't hatch that soon.

Has to be awkward for the half/half females. Like, if it were me I'd want to find out whether I was going to lay an egg or not ASAP and make sure I was in dragon form for the laying if that was the case.

The "researcher's note" cracks me up. Would Eliwood or Nergal volunteer to test that? xD I can't see Ninian agreeing, but idk about Aenir.

Yeah I just randomly decided to pop in and read some more and I'm glad I did.