Poll: Avatar (my unit) creation.

the lords will always becomes the main characters, despise the storyline.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. You like your avatar, but he/she falls on battlefield. "Game Over"?

• YES. I want my-unit have his/her endings!
    • NO. Even avatar doesn't need to have his/her own prologue.
  2. 2. The avatar started as the Tactician (infantry) class, what talent on battlegrounds that you LIKE? (no marine)

• FORESTER. Nullifies terrain movement reduction on woods tiles.
    • MOUNTAINEER. Able to hike better on mountainous tiles.
    • SANDWALKER. No movement reduction on desert tiles.
  3. 3. What outfits the avatar you like in the character's portrait?

• MAIL, like knights or mercenaries.
    • VEST, like thieves or archers.
    • ROBE, like healers or mages.
  4. 4. Do you prefer avatar have his/her own (prf.) Sacred Weapon?

• YES. My-unit will be cool even his/her weapon is not so powerful as the Lord's Sacred Weapon.
    • NO. What for? Avatar is NOT the Lord!
  5. 5. When the avatar get promoted to be a Grandmaster, what do you like the avatar to be on battlegrounds? (no flier)

• Still INFANTRY. Improve avatar's powers.
    • Be a CAVALRY. Improve avatar's mobility.
    • Wears ARMOR. Improve avatar's survivability.

For the class thing, I prefer how New Mystery did it. Where you can select a base class and your portrait changes depending on which class you chose rather than having it predetermined with an original special class specific to the avatar.

Also you do have the option to make your base class Cavalier or Pegasus Knight in New Mystery. You're statement about avatars always being infantry is incorrect.

8 hours ago, CatManThree said:

Also you do have the option to make your base class Cavalier or Pegasus Knight in New Mystery. You're statement about avatars always being infantry is incorrect.

Yes, you right. I fixed it. Thanks.

Edited by illegal knight

Interesting?  Somewhat.  But my issues are:

1. I have no idea what you're asking in the first question.
2. Maybe I want my avatar to start off as a wyvern rider.
3. What my avatar wears depends on what class he/she is.  And if there is an avatar, I had best have a say in that.  If I have a frontline avatar, he/she will NOT show up in a vest.

Thus I can't answer this.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Interesting?  Somewhat.  But my issues are:

1. I have no idea what you're asking in the first question.
2. Maybe I want my avatar to start off as a wyvern rider.
3. What my avatar wears depends on what class he/she is.  And if there is an avatar, I had best have a say in that.  If I have a frontline avatar, he/she will NOT show up in a vest.

Thus I can't answer this.

Thanks for bumping in. :):

1. I just tried to made a fun question. OK, I fixed it...

2. Yes, even myself prefers avatar already becomes "Seth-type" Wyvern Lord when joined but the point is, the avatar already has his/her own class as Tactician-Grandmaster and we got this question featured in his/her creation-progresses. I fixed it.

3. Fixed.

No problem. As I said in the title before, if these questions featured when we created the avatar unit before the game started.

We may decide his/her fate as a regular unit or a sub-lord like Kris (game over if he/she dies) that may affected in the storyline from the start, including the outfits in character's portrait from the start (since Kris him/herself also didn't change the portrait's outfits after reclassed from a Draco Knight into a Sage as example), and if we able to decide about the avatar's promotion types (and I don't believe that the flier-type may be added in even myself also wants it) later.

And the most important is, these questions are for fun only when we imagine if these questions also featured in avatar's creation progress.:lol:

Edited by illegal knight

2 hours ago, illegal knight said:

Yes. That's the point, but I think it would be too harsh if it asked so straightly :D:.

There's a fine line between being diplomatic and not getting your point across.  In this case, the subject is a theoretical video game character, so being blunt about his/her fate is acceptable.

Anyway, I went for an armored character that takes no movement penalty in the desert. Tee-hee~!

21 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I second Eclipse, what if I want a flying avatar?

Because the Lords isn't becomes one yet so far :lol:. (Half-joking here)

Beside, the Lord directly command the forces, so the Lord should have that luxury first (it would be able to create a brilliant tactics that used the Lord as a bait first in order to lure the enemy's main forces -which may have the mission objective to hunts down the Lord- to the traps where the allied forces which lead by @eclipse's armored-avatar herself standing-by on the desert areas, as example).

General post:

The tactician avatars may needs any terrain-effect bonuses for progressing they works for supporting the Lords and the forced. Despise the game's mechanics, my conservative-brain said: the tactician avatar must calmly read any situations to create the effective tactics so fast from any safe tiles, that's why the avatar requires terrain effects. Logically, make the avatar a flier or marine (which stand on water tile) unit will strongly inhibits his/her's main progress on battlefields. It will be different story if the avatars is just a generic unit like Kris that didn't have his/her own class and didn't worked as tacticians.

Even, perhaps someone, as example, choose as Mountaineer with Cavalry promotion that able to hike the mountainous areas (which distinguished with the highest terrain-effects) while still able to maintains his/her good mobility? Or, choose as Infantry Forester for directly supporting guerrilla tactics with stronger assault powers? Everyone free to choose, but still restricted to Robin's class.