• Hardin, Dark Emperor
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight
    • Arvis, Emperor of Flame
    • Ephraim, Legendary Lord
    • Lyon, Shadow Prince
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/2018 at 04:11 AM

31 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm happy they picked Ephraim instead of Eirika, just because we finally have an all male banner. We've had a fair few all female or massively female weighted banners, so it's nice to have the opposite for once. Of course, I'm also biased because I much prefer Ephraim to Eirika...

That being said, I'm planning on supporting Sigurd at first, because he's still my favourite. I wouldn't mind seeing any of them win, though... except maybe Ike. He's had his day, so I would rather not see him win again. If Sigurd loses, I plan to support either Marth or Ephraim.

Sigurd buddies? :D

Not sure what lead you would want though. I guess someone green (or colourless for those quests)

Hopefully the team isn't too big so I can get a decent rank.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Sigurd buddies? :D

Not sure what lead you would want though. I guess someone green (or colourless for those quests)

Hopefully the team isn't too big so I can get a decent rank.

I'm not sure until I see what kind of units I get from others. If you start colourless (since they tend to be rare), I'll be grateful :D

Any preferences your side? I currently have Ares as my lead, but he is definitely getting changed out when the gauntlet begins.

Just now, Cute Chao said:

I'm not sure until I see what kind of units I get from others. If you start colourless (since they tend to be rare), I'll be grateful :D

Any preferences your side? I currently have Ares as my lead, but he is definitely getting changed out when the gauntlet begins.

Yeah maybe we should get the colourless out of the way then :)

I might put +Atk Bride Lyn when it starts, for the sweet Razzle Dazzle Savage Blow 6 utility. Otherwise if you don't like brides, I could put either Kinoka or Fanlivia. Still needs some more SP on my Halloween Jakob to have a full kit so he won't be ready in time (also I guess armoured units aren't that great for VG battles).

I'll be going Ike with my Titania as lead, though I also have Rachel and some other units, if there is a special request.  When does this one start?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'll be going Ike with my Titania as lead, though I also have Rachel and some other units, if there is a special request.  When does this one start?

I'll let my Shiro equip Gurad 3 to deal with Bold Fighter Zelgius. Sorry that one Titania must die today. (Kidding, it was F.Morgan)

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Monday, the 2nd of July.

Ooh, RD Ike gets another shot after last time! Actually quite surprised at that. But I'm still going to his team too! I'll put regular Freddy or Summer Freddy in my lead depending on which color people want. Both green and colorless seem to be hard to get these days.

Also, ALL GUYS! YAY THANKS, IS! They must've realized there've been too many heavily female biased gauntlets and way too many female winners.

Oh, and if Ike loses again, I'm going Ephraim...hopefully he gets past round one.

Edited by Anacybele

Well I am going with Lyon since SS was my first FE and Lyon is my favorite bad guy.  I think I will just keep my V!Lilina as my lead since she is my best green and green is the color I get the least.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah maybe we should get the colourless out of the way then :)

I might put +Atk Bride Lyn when it starts, for the sweet Razzle Dazzle Savage Blow 6 utility. Otherwise if you don't like brides, I could put either Kinoka or Fanlivia. Still needs some more SP on my Halloween Jakob to have a full kit so he won't be ready in time (also I guess armoured units aren't that great for VG battles).

I don't mind using anyone. I even use Winter Tharja in RD when she appears, so the brides are fine if you want one as your lead :) Although I would like to try Hinoka, as she's someone I wouldn't mind being pitybroken by (seriously, she is more annoying that Ryoma to deal with when against her. Wish she'd been the legendary so she didn't appear in TT).

I tend to put my Innes as my lead for colourless, but I also have moderately build Valentine Roy, plus lazily build Gaius. My Naked Gaius isn't bad, either, although he's either -atk or -spd. Can't remember which. I think those are my best colourless units (not including Frankenjakob, who I can give armour boots and put if you want him, but armour units don't tend to be great in these things, as you said). Oh, I also do have a Lucius with a pain staff refined for dazzle, who I can give Savage Blow, if you'd prefer :)

Edited by Cute Chao

Reminder that the month's rolling over soon, so I'm going to want to keep my Team Slot 1 set to fliers. If I get kicked out of Lyon and onto one of the blue teams, I'll switch to Elincia, but Tana's mostly just there because I use that team slot.

I'll start on Team Hardin. I'll probably field Jakob as my rep. Might even finally give him Armor March.

7 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

I'm not entirely certain I agree with Marth/Hardin and Sigurd/Arvis as 'Fated Battles'. On one hand, they're former friends like Ephraim/Lyon. On the other, absolutely nothing built up them wanting to settle it on the battlefield. Their encounter doesn't quite have that kind of gravity.

They are all battles that were bound to happen, hence "fated battles". Wanting to fight has nothing to do with fate.

I'm partial to Ephraim, as he was my very first 5* Hero (from the first Sacred Stones summoning event), but I'm a fan of Zelgius, too.

I know this might be a shock, but I’m going with Team Ike again. Yes, I know legendary Ephraim is my current lead, but that’s only to abuse the horse buffs in GC and nothing more. Should Zelgius flip the script and win, then I’ll gladly join him since I have him now unlike back in his last VG.

So yeah, I’m open to friend requests as usual so feel free to add me if you want.

Name: Tybrosion; ID: 0085075948;  Current Lead: Legendary Ephraim, will probably change to someone else for the VG (I’m open to suggestions/ requests)

I'll ignore that I read blasphemy against Eirika, she at least develops as a character unlike Ephraim who stays the same from beginning to end in SS

I'll go in this order unless strange stuff happens: Lyon --> Sigurd --> Marth. Of course if Sigurd gets to the finals then no Marth. I like Lyon a lot but the only way to defeat Ephraim is if the multipliers smile on him. 

7 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I think the reason, other than popularity, that they chose Ephraim over Eirika is because Eirika has more of a rivalry with the Demon King rather than Lyon himself.

I thought that was more one-sided on Lyon's part and Ephraim just always saw him as a good friend.

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm happy they picked Ephraim instead of Eirika, just because we finally have an all male banner. We've had a fair few all female or massively female weighted banners, so it's nice to have the opposite for once. Of course, I'm also biased because I much prefer Ephraim to Eirika...

That being said, I'm planning on supporting Sigurd at first, because he's still my favourite. I wouldn't mind seeing any of them win, though... except maybe Ike. He's had his day, so I would rather not see him win again. If Sigurd loses, I plan to support either Marth or Ephraim.

Like I said, I'm torn between liking this gauntlet and being annoyed by the theme. Finally having an all-guy gauntlet is good, but it also encourages this already existing societal idea that only men can have grand fated battles to the death on the battlefield, because only fights between men are worthy of something so epic. The all-girls little sister healer gauntlet looks more like a slap fight over "MY ONII-CHAN IS THE BEST!"

Not to mention, whether one goes Eirika or Ephraim's route is 50%, like the genders for Robin or Corrin, so IS should probably stay far away from anything that looks like canonizing whichever route Sacred Stones is supposed to follow.

5 hours ago, Ginko said:

@Zelgius Too bad, we have to clash on round 1. By any chance, if I die, I'll go with you.

I'm thinking something like Zelgius -> Ike -> Arvis/Sigurd, then I'll just pick whoever if none of those guys make it.

12 hours ago, Skyla said:

How the hell am I suppose to choose between Ike, lyon, Arvis and Zelgius!? Agh. Infuriating.

Despite that this theme is really interesting. 

I thought that would be an easy choice for you lol.:B):

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I thought that was more one-sided on Lyon's part and Ephraim just always saw him as a good friend.

Like I said, I'm torn between liking this gauntlet and being annoyed by the theme. Finally having an all-guy gauntlet is good, but it also encourages this already existing societal idea that only men can have grand fated battles to the death on the battlefield, because only fights between men are worthy of something so epic. The all-girls little sister healer gauntlet looks more like a slap fight over "MY ONII-CHAN IS THE BEST!"

Not to mention, whether one goes Eirika or Ephraim's route is 50%, like the genders for Robin or Corrin, so IS should probably stay far away from anything that looks like canonizing whichever route Sacred Stones is supposed to follow.

Well; in that case it make sense; that was literally a battle of little sisters; it was suppose to be adorable xD.

Edited by Troykv

20 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Well; in that case it make sense; that was literally a battle of little sisters; it was suppose to be adorable xD.

Well yeah, but that doesn't change the connotations of GUYS FIGHT EPIC BATTLES FOR THE FATE OF THE WORLD GIRLS HAVE SILLY INCONSEQUENTIAL SLAP FIGHTS

Also, where is our big brothers gauntlet we definitely have more than enough big bros. Hold the Ike, though.