• Hardin, Dark Emperor
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight
    • Arvis, Emperor of Flame
    • Ephraim, Legendary Lord
    • Lyon, Shadow Prince
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/2018 at 04:11 AM

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If we could get just two more FE fighters in Smash Ultimate, even if just Echo Fighters, we could have a Smash Gauntlet Voting Gauntlet!

NO NO NO NO NO BAD XENOMATA.

Ike vs. Roy, Marth vs. Lucina, Robin vs. Robin, Corrin vs. Corrin? 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I wonder if people would have been just as salty when Tharja won the voting gauntlet twice if Ike had won this. Guess we’ll never find out.

Although Ike is losing, I’ll happily be joining Lyon

2 minutes ago, Khid said:

Hmmm I wonder if people would have been just as salty when Tharja won the voting gauntlet twice if Ike had won this. Guess we’ll never find out.

Although Ike is losing, I’ll happily be joining Lyon

Since they keep repeating the same characters in Gauntlets over and over, we're probably going to be having many more multiple gauntlet winners.

2 minutes ago, Khid said:

I would. Repeat winners are no fun. If you won, get the hell out of future gauntlets.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I would. Repeat winners are no fun. If you won, get the hell out of future gauntlets.

I wouldn't mind that rule to be honest.  It would give more opportunity for less exposed units to get more attention.

It just gets annoying when the same characters are repeated over and over again despite characters who are actually eligible for a gauntlet theme and haven't been in a gauntlet yet existing. On this gauntlet ... yeah, I get that half of the characters are either free or were on the now-expired legendary banner, but Seliph and Julius would've also been a fine pair for this. Unfortunately, they're the only non-repeat pair I can think of besides Marth and Hardin. Other options would've been, like ...

Chrom vs. either Grima, Lucina vs. either Grima, Eirika vs. Lyon, Roy vs. Zephiel (at least the latter isn't a repeat), maaaaaybe Alm vs. fallen Celica or Berkut (oh, Alm vs. Berkut would've also not been a repeat).

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't mind that rule to be honest.  It would give more opportunity for less exposed units to get more attention.

Speaking of the less exposed units, can we stop getting alts for the next few new banners and just get brand new units? 

I'm sure there are tons of people that would agree with me on this. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Speaking of the less exposed units, can we stop getting alts for the next few new banners and just get brand new units? 

I'm sure there are tons of people that would agree with me on this. 

We know at least the next Banner is going to be seasonals again.  I hope we have a long gap of regular banners after that, though.  I hope the next Tellius Banner doesn't have any alts, but it probably will.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

We know at least the next Banner is going to be seasonals again.  I hope we have a long gap of regular banners after that, though.  I hope the next Tellius Banner doesn't have any alts, but it probably will.

I've noticed that new banners with new units always ends up with at least one alt.

We've recently gone past 256 total units in FEH. Theoretically we could just do an 8 round VG featuring 256 units.

On second thought, let's not do that.

Because getting it on Road to Nowhere earlier wasn’t enough, I wonder if attempting to get a platinum run on The High Road would be a sufficient way to vent all the salt and frustration I’m feeling right now. Or better yet, I should take both Lyon and the multiplier there and kick them both off of it.

And for the record, I’m a future member of Team Hardin (or Sigurd).

14 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

The problem is that except in the final round it makes more sense to hold the flags to boost your score going into the finals. 

Because the multiplier makes actually caring who wins a sucker’s bet, playing for yourself and not the team is incentivized.

Your statement is feather merc thought. And if a feather merc pick Ike, this is so wrong bad decision. Because Lyon prove to be better choice for feather mercs.

As for me, I'm not a feather merc so I play for team.

Edited by Ginko

Got my final battle in for Team Lyon, final score of 1,207,118. Shoutouts to @AbsoluteZer0Nova's Ephraim and @Rafiel's Aria's Lucius for being amazing units and getting me out of a lot of sticky situations!

I won't be able to stay up for the aftershow, but I do wish the best of luck to the rest of the teams. It was fun battling you, Team Ike!

Edit: Tagged the wrong person, dammit

Edited by SageOfAnys

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

Reading these posts makes me wonder how much splatoon has accustomed me to losing despite the team winning more, or having the less popular team usually win

How does Splatoon work in that regard?

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Because getting it on Road to Nowhere earlier wasn’t enough, I wonder if attempting to get a platinum run on The High Road would be a sufficient way to vent all the salt and frustration I’m feeling right now. Or better yet, I should take both Lyon and the multiplier there and kick them both off of it.

And for the record, I’m a future member of Team Hardin (or Sigurd).

I've only ever managed the gold relic for both of those levels. They're pretty darn tough.

If Lyon really does win, that's pretty awesome! If he hadn't won then I'd have gone to either Hardin or Sigurd, whoever won that one.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How does Splatoon work in that regard?

In Splatoon 2 it's a case of like how we had Team Pulp vs Team No Pulp with the latter team being the most popular (by double), but because of that being the case the former team won because  they had higher percentage for both Solo and Team battles. The team that wins a Splatfest is also by law in the game the indisputable best one too. Pulp winning was just DISGUSTING!

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

2 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

In Splatoon 2 it's a case of like how we had Team Pulp vs Team No Pulp with the latter team being the most popular, but because of that being the case the former team won because  they had higher percentage for both Solo and Team battles. The team that wins a Splatfest is also by law in the game the indisputable best one too. Pulp winning was just DISGUSTING!

Pulp vs No Pulp like Orange Juice?

Last 200 flags spent. Let's take this home!

Lyon: I’ve sacrificed the lives of many good people.  I’ve committed many unforgivable sins upsets.  The caring heart that I once possessed died long ago…  And I’ve grown stronger because of it.  I’ve grown strong enough to defeat even you, Ephraim Ike.

If the idea was to have a fair but balanced fight where the primary factor was participation, then perhaps the multiplier should just be a dynamic floating multiplier that scales to team size. e.g. if Team Ike has 4x the members of Team Lyon, then Lyon gets a permanent 4x multiplier. This would drift up and down slightly as late-joiners sign up. The winner would be determined by who was more active: the average Ike player or the average Lyon player.

This however leaves the problem of members of the larger team being penalised even worse in terms of cumulative score. In response, the whole notion of cumulative rank can simply be abolished, and the reward for each round be increased proportionally. Also, choosing to spend 0 flags should result in 0 points. Let it be done to complete the flag quests, but remove the incentive to stay up all night and battle every 30 minutes on the dot.

Edited by Humanoid

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've only ever managed the gold relic for both of those levels. They're pretty darn tough.

I did get gold on the first run I managed to complete of Nowhere, but I tend to be particularly stubborn when it comes these types of challenges. And contrary to what I mused, I have yet to attempt High Road and instead went to try Turtle Woods.

Anyways, I think I’ve calmed down enough. I’m still not going to be happy when Ike loses again, but I’ll just move on like I usually do.