How old is King Garon?

Possible spoilers from chapters 6-26 of conquest

So I'm right at the beginning of chapter 26, and Garon has stated that he has waited for this moment for "decades upon decades". I am aware that this actually isn't Garon, but his possession couldn't have been too long ago. He also looks quite old, and his oldest son looks like he could be in his late 20's. There's even artwork of a younger Garon. So just how old is this guy supposed to be?

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

I think Garon could be around in his 40s or possibly 50s. I don't think that was ever explained it in Birthright route, but I'm guessing it wasn't explained in Conquest nor Revelations.

13 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I think Garon could be around in his 40s or possibly 50s. I don't think that was ever explained it in Birthright route, but I'm guessing it wasn't explained in Conquest nor Revelations.

Nope, he just looks a lot older than that though 

3 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

There's even artwork of a younger Garon.

Where? I'm interested in seeing it.

I think late 40s early 50s, and the "decades upon decades" was Anankos talking. That was who possessed him right? Anankos could still wait before he possessed Garon.

Edited by Dragoncat

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I think late 40s early 50s, and the "decades upon decades" was Anankos talking. That was who possessed him right? Anankos could still wait before he possessed Garon.

IMG_3358.thumb.JPG.f8153cac636e61a9b138e16711fc2766.JPG

i dunno he just gave off an older vibe than that 

Oh I was expecting like, Xander's age or younger.

Remember that the possession was from an ancient evil dragon, so that might have something to do with the older vibe.

4 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

When I saw him I thought "this guy is conservatively 80 years old."

I would say he's 50s in that picture.

That was my first thought. It wouldn't make sense for anankos to possess him and suddenly change his appearance, that would set Xander off immediately.

Maybe 45 to 60-ish? It's entirely possible that he just looks a lot older, seeing as the stress of running a country (not to mention being possessed) can age someone pretty quickly.

My personal theory is that Garon's body is practically dead and Anankos or whatever is keeping it alive as a vessel, but only at the bare minimum. So he's basically just slowly decomposing, which is why he looks so crusty.

16 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Maybe 45 to 60-ish? It's entirely possible that he just looks a lot older, seeing as the stress of running a country (not to mention being possessed) can age someone pretty quickly.

My personal theory is that Garon's body is practically dead and Anankos or whatever is keeping it alive as a vessel, but only at the bare minimum. So he's basically just slowly decomposing, which is why he looks so crusty.

Hm, that makes sense 

7 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

60's is my best guess

assuming Xander is in his mid 20's I'd assume Garron had him during his mid 20's

Wouldn't that put Garon in his 40s or 50s?

I would estimate Daddy Garon to be mid to late 50s.  I think he actually got possessed after Elise was conceived, but before she was born, since I don't think Slime Garon could have viable sperm, and non-possessed Garon wouldn't have kidnapped Corrin.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wouldn't that put Garon in his 40s or 50s?

you know, if my math professor didn't feel bad for me I would have never passed any of my college math classes (I had her for 3 classes)

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would estimate Daddy Garon to be mid to late 50s.  I think he actually got possessed after Elise was conceived, but before she was born, since I don't think Slime Garon could have viable sperm, and non-possessed Garon wouldn't have kidnapped Corrin.

Elise would be slime herself if she was conceived after the possession. Or just be miscarried...

But if Anankos could have Corrin with Mikoto, then clearly he could breed with humans, so you'd think possessing Garon, a human, he'd still be able to.

This reminds me of a book trilogy I read once where this evil dragon possessed/stole a man's body, then went around raping women, and the kids were born with dragon body parts/scales over some of their body. The main one had dragon legs, one had a tail, one had wings and she could fly. The women would all die after giving birth. It was kind of a weird story.

Edited by Dragoncat

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

This is unofficial, but I thought these did a good job on making a younger version of Garon:

Spoiler

871ab2ca368959e980a16fffc56d5aab.jpg

7f6dd408f1c222636d44a1c7ab722201.png

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

This is unofficial, but I thought these did a good job on making a younger version of Garon:

Woah! He was kind of a looker. No wonder he had all those willing concubines xD

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Woah! He was kind of a looker. No wonder he had all those willing concubines xD

It is an artist's interpretation, but since all of his kids turned out attractive, I would say that Garon probably was quite a looker in his youth as well. I really like the second picture; he really looks related to Xander and Leo there.

I wonder if he and Arete's romance was one that you would find in a manga/manhwa about Chinese Harems.

Crap, now I want to see young Arete.