Fire Emblem Three Houses

Sidereal Wraith

Looks cool. Can't wait to see more of it. I kind of like the soldiers around the units, making it feel like a real army instead of a band of 10 people wandering the countryside like it can feel sometimes in other FE games.

I'll have to wait till it's just the trailer again to watch it a few times for more coherent thought, but some open world elements (to bridge the chapters I guess) could be an interesting take.

The frames were really bad and the CG looks like it did in Valentia; AKA, also bad.

But! Those are my only complaints, and I'm getting them out of the way now. We won't be getting something beautiful like Fates was, but knowing that early on I can get over it pretty quickly.

The female character with white hair is who I assume to be the Lord. Looks like green emo dude is the player character, and I think he looks great. Customizable or not, I dig it.

I really liked what I saw. The Tellius-esque interface and graphics, the song and cutscenes they showed, the tiny bits of gameplay I got to see (which looks like standard FE tbh), the free exploration mechanic. It looks gorgeous, fun and it'd be my main reason for ever getting a Switch someday.

My only complaint is IS' usual policy of not showing much. Watch as they'll only reveal more stuff a few months before the game is released, like with Awakening and Fates.

All I can say is.... HOLY ****, this game looks freaking incredible! The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the voice acting (if everyone else is giving as good a performance as Christina Vee), it all exceeded my expectations.

Edited by Corbin

Not sure what to think. I am happy to see that we got the trailer but there are not many info.

I quite like that each unit is a squad and that we have a female Axe/Sword Lord. The self insert doen't seem to be able to talk though I don't mind it. He seems to have dialogue choices instead so it might not be bad.

I hope the title doesn't mean we are going to get 3 versions.

Such a shame we didn't get more info. 

Just now, Thunderstar said:

Not sure what to think. I am happy to see that we got the trailer but there are not many info.

I quite like that each unit is a squad and that we have a female Axe/Sword Lord. The self insert doen't seem to be able to talk though I don't mind it. He seems to have dialogue choices instead so it might not be bad.

I hope the title doesn't mean we are going to get 3 versions.

Such a shame we didn't get more info. 

We'll likely get it if they end up showing it off later.

Too early to give a real opinion, The battle maps looked very RD. The cutscenes looked like they've still got the people from Valentia.

Other than that I'll wait for actual gameplay and story stuff.

From what I've seen, it looks gorgeous. I'm expecting it to have its own direct in the near future.

Smash was the real show stealer, though.

I'm so happy with how this turned out. I'm looking at all the info we've been given about the game so far and I'm just stunned. One thing that I immediately noticed was that the world map is eerily similar to that of tellius.

My fast assessments:

1. Gameplay looks exactly the same.

In spite of the fact that each unit is now a company, the gameplay they showed looks exactly identical to a normal game in terms of grid based combat, hit, crit, etc.

2. They're leaning really heavily into the RPG side more, but it still looks pretty close to valentia. I'm guessing it's a more extreme version of that.

3. The battle map has multiple view modes (you can turn on and off the background soldiers)

Edited by dragonlordsd

The only thing worrying me is the title "3 Houses" I will be really peeved if I have to buy three versions one game again just to play the whole story.  I really like the music and I holding judgment on the rest until I get to see some more footage because 2 minutes is not much to going.  I am hoping they bring the steal skill back because that is one of the skills I miss the most from RD.   It is a FE game so it will be a preorder for me, and I know if there is an SE/LE I will be getting that but it will really be great if it plays like RD.

okay, I'm starting to warm up to it a little, I just think the past 6 years had shaped my expectations to much

I'm hype

Edited by Captain Karnage

From what I saw, it reminds me a lot of PoR/RD.

It also seems to me like there is a lot of stuff to do (Magic, Combat Arts and even a Formation command), plus all the My Castle stuff too. Also Weapon Durability is back.

I'm massively, MASSIVELY disappointed in what was shown in the trailer. It started off alright, but quickly devolved into things I don't recognize as Fire Emblem at all. The character designs are immediately offputting, they look like Persona games now? I don't like that very much at all. I also don't like the squads of generics following a lead character gimmick at all. I don't know what to say; this isn't even vaguely exciting to me. Why did this happen? What is this game? It doesn't look like FE. I guess I'll need to see more footage before I can properly judge it but for now I really dislike what I've seen and I'm actually forecasting the end of my own enjoyment of my favorite franchise. :(

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

The only thing worrying me is the title "3 Houses" I will be really peeved if I have to buy three versions one game again just to play the whole story.  I really like the music and I holding judgment on the rest until I get to see some more footage because 2 minutes is not much to going.  I am hoping they bring the steal skill back because that is one of the skills I miss the most from RD.   It is a FE game so it will be a preorder for me, and I know if there is an SE/LE I will be getting that but it will really be great if it plays like RD.

I'd be amazed if they did that. The only reason they did 3 versions for If was because they has already fully built the engine and most of the graphics for Awakening, so they didn't have a ton of work to do. This is very obviously a different engine and graphics style, so doing multiple games would be a lot of extra work.

My first thought was: "Three Houses? Oh no. Is there going to be three versions again?" But thankfully, judging by the japanese title, that won't be the case. But another thing I'm a bit worried about is the greenish haired main character that seems to be the main character. Since it's clearly not him talking, I'm worried that he'll be an avatar or a silent protagonist. I wouldn't mind if it's going to be avatar and a silent protag but if it's either or… no thank you.

Other than that, the gameplay changes certainly seem worth a try. I'm still optimistic about that aspect.