Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone keeps saying that weapon durability is gone again while it's obviously shown in the trailer.

Not a fan of the art/graphic but not a deal-breaker for me. No full voice-acting it seems though.

>Radiant Dawn cribbing
>Emmeryn 2.0 just standing there
>They're showing a bunch of generics traveling with each unit in order to make the gameplay look busier than it actually is
>Crests, more like Medallions
>How much money you wanna bet that our green-haired sleeve-clipping 'teacher' is a MyUnit and the plot will end up revolving around them
>Left wondering how broken the new MyCastle is (at least it's not in an astral plotspace this time...I think...)
>Blunt-force trauma song translation...again
>Old evil-looking dude with a flame-themed weapon...again (at least it's a whip-sword instead of an axe)
>End shot is A GODDAMN LOLI MANAKETE
>...where are any of the other characters?  I only have a semi-inkling about 'teacher', the girl with the stupid name, and the Emm knockoff.

Not feeling it.  If there's kids in this fucker, I'm out.

So, I'm pretty sure the dark haired guy is gonna be the MyUnit and Eldegard will be the main lord. I noticed that at about 1:03 you see the MyUnit being fought. At 1:23, Eldegard mentions that there's a mock battle so I'm sure all the character units seen through the trailer will actually be part of the main story but you just fight them for the mock battle.

1 minute ago, EdeaCreamer said:

>...where are any of the other characters?  I only have a semi-inkling about 'teacher', the girl with the stupid name, and the Emm knockoff.

There's a dark haired guy archer, blonde guy soldier and female mage with shoulder length light brown hair

I'm really happy with everything so far EXCEPT the 2019 release. At least it's early-ish ;A;

Main two lords (if they are) look good, like that each unit comes with generic soldiers, what looks like a good hub world... and the aesthetic reminds me of SOV mixed with POR. I'm pretty happy. But I need MORE. 

I love the trailer honestly. The trailer quality and sense of art improve greatly from previous entries.

And there is some small thing I must mention, I F*CKING LOVE THE GAME I SAW!

I mean from the 1st time playing FIre Emblem I always imagined that each unti is actually the representative of a troop, why else would 12 random people running around a battlefield fighting an army? Now we actually have army on army action here. Not just about playing defensive to win a map but actual army tactic!!!

The graphic is obviously an upgrade, the art style is a perfect mix between old school serious FE style and anime style (feel somewhat close to Persona 5). The only thing that doesnt fit my eye is the size of character on the map, a little too small I suppose.

And the story start off really interesting, I guess we have move on from 1 absolute good county vs 1 absolute evil country. I get the feeling that there will be a lot of conflict and our main char is stuck in the middle as she is still a student(?) kinna like trail of cold steel situation. Even the holy Fire emblem (crest) itself is being question. Love this direction. Dont know how the story will play out though.

All and all, I havent bought a switch yet but I will now!

Feel the hype!

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

There's a dark haired guy archer, blonde guy soldier and female mage with shoulder length light brown hair

They flashed by so fast I didn't even catch any of them.  Their attendant mook swarms didn't help, either.

The soldiers fighting in the background is so intriguing. It really has a chance to make the battles seem like this huge war.

I wonder how they will be implemented. Are they just background details? Do they represent the HP bars where the amount of soldiers alongside a unit grows  smaller the lower the HP gets. We definitely saw something like them being incorporated skills. 

Synopsis from the Nintendo upload:

A brand-new Fire Emblem game with a new story and characters is coming to Nintendo Switch. The game takes place on Fódlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people. This turn-based tactical RPG will put new strategic twists on battling, with formations of troops supporting individual units on the battlefield. Do you have what it takes to survive and conquer in this brand-new Fire Emblem game? Fire Emblem Three Houses is available Spring 2019!

You can see the formation system when the generics form a triangle shape around a unit at around the middle of the trailer. If I were to guess, I'd say Edelgard is the main lord and the green haired guy running around the castle is the MU (and maybe the teacher)? If so this would appear to be a mix of Lyn's tale and the premise of FE:A, and I can get behind that. I'm interested to see why we're seeing the gods so much too. Will we be getting a lot of flashbacks?

I also want to hear more of that song! And now that I'm looking at the gameplay again, do the character portraits remind anyone else of Vestaria Saga?

And finally, I'm still happy that we've already gotten more worldbuilding than we ever got in Fates. Now let's just hope the important stuff isn't locked behind DLC again...

Edited by DefyingFates

1 minute ago, EdeaCreamer said:

They flashed by so fast I didn't even catch any of them.  Their attendant mook swarms didn't help, either.

There seems to be a lot of characters as enemies too. If you rewatch the trailer and look at who is fought, there seems to be a lot of enemies that have actual names while some are just "soldier"

Not terrible, but that looked very generic for the most part. Not really a fan of the art style for this one either. It reminds me of Persona. Neutral on the added soldiers to make each unit into a little squad, so we'll have to see how that really plays out.

I'm still interested, but my hype went down big time. I wasn't wow'd like the reveals of the last few games. Also 2019 release date like I figured it'd be delayed to.

Edited by Alkaid

Gameplay-wise, there seems to be new(?) indicators: End, Rsl (other than the regular Atk, Avo, Hit, Crit, AS, Rng). Not sure what those could mean.

I'm also curious about those red curve things that connect the player units and the enemies when you select a unit:

MhDnwYI.png

Edited by Ryo

Don't like how grey/brown everything looks. The game feels drained of colours.

The main lord might be mute, so they could be an avatar or something.

The idea of mook soldiers behind you is nice, makes it feel more realistic. 

Neutral on main lady. Her name just sounds really antique to German speakers. Like, I'd have trouble finding a grandmother with that name antique. Grandma Azura is what I'll go for right now.