Fire Emblem Three Houses

So first thought I guess:

-I hope that Axe girl is a Lord and that the Tactician is just like Robin in the sense they're just a tactician. 
-Not a fan of the extra units that are running with you. It just looks weird.
-Don't really like the portraits all that much
-IS, you have a lot of money now so please get a better animation studio because those scenes with the goddess don't look that good.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I litterally just create a new account to talk about my hype to people here. But what I am reading is people complaining about a name(???) so they think the game is bad(???)

Seems like I'm hanging with the wrong crowd, back to my friend circle I guess.

Honestly too early for me to judge but im loving the look of it so far. The fact that it does look incomplete in some areas makes the delay make sense to me in order to fully polish it.

Wait a minute... a greater number of (probably) insignificant units, more anime like graphics (though nowhere near as stylish)! Guys, I've got news for you, this is just a Langrissser game.

I love the aesthetic. Great looking world and character designs.

Voice acting sounds solid.

I love the unit formations. They're very immersive, but I worry that this might come with a smaller roster and/or lower deploy limit.

Hoping the third person exploration will be better implemented than in SoV.

aesthetics, aren't awful at first glance, not a fan of the art style (makes me think of atlus), designs are ok though, no corrin situations here, but we will see.

also, bonus points for keeping the loli species alive, IS you truly are doing the lord's work.

I give this a 6/10 so far, not perfect, but doesn't inspire terror yet.

@EdeaCreamer blunt force translation indeed, I really hate it when JRPGs feel the need to translate the music, when japanese does not directly translate at all to english and just ends up sounding terrible, why is xenoblade niche enough to have a full japanese trailer and yet fire emblem must be translated.

on an unrelated note, Sakurai committed the cardinal sin of translating marth in smash, and I will never forgive him for that.

Looks good imo. MU can run around the base. (hopefully it works better than SoV dungeon crawling) Soldiers fighting with you make it seem more like a war instead of your elite 10 man team. Worldbuilding. If they can keep kids out and make S-supports work well with the characters/story, this could be my favorite FE.

I'm seeing some negative opinions on the new battle systems... I'm just glad they're trying something new. FE needed to be more exciting for its big home console return and making it more action oriented (at least superficially) imo is a good decision.

Judging from the trailer, It looks like they are trying to incorporate some of the elements that are present in Advance wars..like group of generics shooting at the enemy or charging at the enemy like how its done in advance wars.

I gotta say, the graphics are quite good. Sure, they don't have to be that realistic but its quite nice and IS is finally doing great on graphics.

Also, weapon durability is still a thing and its come back if you see the vid at 0:38.

Now while all of this is nice to say, there are some concerns...Particularly on the unit side of things. At first glance...they don't seem to have that Fire Emblem esque style of characterisation and what I mean by that is...well its trying to be something that isn't..or inother words, its becoming something like Final Fantasy...something which I can see why they would want to try it but considering that's exactly what Fates tried to do and yet failed...

I understand that its just a trailer and I get that its too early to say anything about it. But at the same time, first few glances don't give me characters with some charm in them. Heck, even Fates did this with Camilla.

Then the other thing that bothers me...if generics are going to appear, will this mean we won't get to recruit new characters or will we instead only get less of them? Are generics always going to appear with the unit? How can that be presentable when facing against Swordmasters or Mercenaries?

And how are stats and hit rates going to work this time?

These are my only few concerns..for now.

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I'm seeing some negative opinions on the new battle systems... I'm just glad they're trying something new. FE needed to be more exciting for its big home console return and making it more action oriented (at least superficially) imo is a good decision.

I agree.

I am excited with new way they are taking, and aslong as they are fun and fluid, i am in

I suddenly have this strange epiphany that the degree of enjoyment the Fire Emblem fans have with Three Houses would be propotional with the enjoyment of isometric turn-based strategy like FF Tactics.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Does anyone not really recognize the artist?

i´m pretty sure the artist is kurahana chinatsu, she´s actually the one I suggested in the artist/character designer thread. You have no idea how hyped I am, that the artist is the one I suggested and wanted if we got a new artist. I love the characters and designs so far!

I think the game looks really good. The designs are interesting, the grafics are good and well, I LOVE the art and also the free roaming. I can´t wait to learn more about it!

So the soldier is Dimitri, archer is Claude, the avatar? is Byleth

I'm thinking Edelgard is a pre-promote just because of the variety of weapons she has access to, that being swords, axes and magic, and her HP pool being quite huge

@Iria tnx

So the artist did the art for "uta no prince sama". Interesting

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, lecongvu said:

And, do you get the vibe of Langrisser, with all the nameless soldiers surrounded the heroes?

Yes. The problem with that is that if it's not done well it makes the game long, over complicated, and boring. And sadly,  this Fire Emblem has nowhere the level of charm

that Langrisser has.

3 minutes ago, EdeaCreamer said:

I guess it's just me, then.  This thing was awful, will wait to see if they put out any more info for the time being but for now...eugh.

Nah, I agree. A lot of it looks like a whole big bag of no thanks frankly.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

So the soldier is Dimitri, archer is Claude, the avatar? is Byleth

I'm thinking Edelgard is a pre-promote just because of the variety of weapons she has access to, that being swords, axes and magic, and her HP pool being quite huge

So a pre-promoted lord(?) Hmm, interesting.

Until I see the full art, I'm not gonna comment too much on the art, but so far it looks so-so to me. Kinda generic too. The teacher is almost definitely the MU/Avatar. So far, they seem silent though so hopefully that means they aren't important to the story or anything, but the MC is talking to him and he's in battle, so that's not the best sign. Hopefully there isn't any forced children and marriage stuff. We'll have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, ProfImpossible said:

Yes. The problem with that is that if it's not done well it makes the game long, over complicated, and boring. And sadly,  this Fire Emblem has nowhere the level of charm

that Langrisser has.

Nah, I agree. A lot of it looks like a whole big bag of no thanks frankly.

Is this because Fire Emblem did not have Satoshi Urushihara?