Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ΔZZ said:

So far, I like what I see.

I like the addition of the generic mooks in battle, it makes the scale seem bigger. I also like all character designs so far. I personally wont mind too much if we have an MU (And I say we do), but I hope he/she is silent and plays less of a major role. Also, I like the castle roaming, I hope there is a lot to do, since the area looks massive.

Overall, I'm happy. The only thing I dislike is the date of release, but I kinda expected a delay.

Also, rip leak thread.

Yeah Vyleth (or Byleth, I can't remember) is almost assuredly an MU type character. Especially since he didn't have any dialogue when interacting with Edelgard. I'm hoping the character can be female and has customizable hair and skin tone.

If "FE units were always commanding big groups of generic soldiers" was an abstraction before in this series, it's an abstraction they should have maintained. It sure seemed to me like Lyn and Hector were fighting for themselves and their friends, and not walled in by a bunch of expendable meat shields. That's frankly a more exciting scenario.

And if you think this is an attempt at higher realism, please see the attached image where the units are all identical clones of each other. It's actually comical. This is like something out of the Star Wars prequel series.

And it would be one thing for this to be purely aesthetic, but there's clearly gameplay implications with the different formations seen. It's really like IS took the success of FE: Warriors too much to heart, and decided the main series should be more like that. I may be a bit irrational about this development, since I consider the musou series basically a blight on videogames.

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 2.39.48 PM.png

I'm in for the "mooks". It could implement new game mechanical options (Formation). And it always was a bit empty on the battlefield. Fire emblem was always about wars and not little fights. 

Also I don't think that the importance of certain units will be damaged. After all those who you can control are leaders of the mooks and this underlines there importance. This also gives the feel that they also have  the qualification to command soldiers.

The art style... it truly reminds me of Persona / Shin Megami Tensei (Shigenori Soejima), also the mech puppet looks like a monster you would see in Shin Megami Tensei. But there is also a touch of difference, so I would not say that it is him. I'm still interested who the designer is.

I look forward to it.

So am I the only one that liked the game? Like for real. I was around since the FE16 leaks topic about page 40 something and that was not the reception I was expecting. People keep bashing on the game with just 3 minute reveal. Got to admit after some watches the trailer gets mundane a bit but we have only seen 3 minutes. And please let's not act like every game before was a masterpiece, as far as the story is concerned name me one FE game where you don't face against an evil monster be it a dragon or a demon, a god/godess and an empire. People play FE because of the gameplay, despite fates having some horribly executed story. GIVE THE GAME A CHANCE. I hope that

1. FE will be shown which I doubt as it was just revealed and they are showing off Fortnite propablly they run out off games to show but it will be shown eventually. 
  2. That there will be a demo eventually foer us to play as this will be the first home console game that the new fans will be able to play.

On the topic of the release date. 2018 might be for Japan and 2019 for the world. Well considering smash got Dec and pokemon Nov and they can't release a game within 5 months.

As far as the actual game is converned. I liked it. Recently I red a LOT of medieval history and I like how they have the church. I just hope it is handled correclyand the head is a popelike figure not Sanaki no.2 (sorry Sanaki you still are best girl). Like the actuall characters and the setting from what we have seen so far. In Ed's I didn't pay attention but I think that the soldiers are just decoration. I don't know how they will function during gamelay as we saw during Di's scene.

That is all. Btw ninty needs to show off FE 16. They have yet shown onlypokemon , 2 smashes and fortnite like please show FE16

Edited by SuperNova125

6 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

Also, rip leak thread.

Totally offtopic, but did you guys get the Last Story concept art "leak" as well? It surprised me when that was being shared around, I thought more people had played TLS.

4 minutes ago, bufkus said:

WTF is this bullshit? Sake of pandering? Who are you to decide what is pandering and what is not? And only bigots oppose diversity in any form, including "forced" diversity.

Do I even want to engage in this?

There was a YA book I read years ago, where the one gay character was the female main character's best friend, super into fashion, and incredibly flamboyant. That is forced diversity. It's representation, sure, but it's written poorly, and included just for the sake of being diverse. Pandering. If you're going to be diverse do it because it makes sense, write it so it's not so obviously a token character, don't be stereotypical and forced, which is often how things go if you're being diverse just for the sake of it, or to quiet the people who cry for more diversity. Being diverse just for the sake of it and doing it poorly is more of an issue than if you didn't include that character in the first place. If not wanting shitty characters who are included just to fill a quota, rather than to be written well makes me a bigot, then oh well.

31 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

They haven't officially confirmed it, but it looks like Kurahana Chinatsu. You might know them from "uta no prince-sama"

From the art I've seen, her style for eyes look more elongated. The fire emblem characters have smaller and more emphasized eyes, which looks like one of the Atlus artists. This is why I'm asking for confirmation, since people seem to be basing their assertion on a Twitter post that just claims it's Chinatsu.

On formations, this is just me speculating but I think it could simply be this game's way of dealing with skills (along with combat arts). The triangle formation they showcased could be a Lunge-type formation, for instance, putting your army on the other side after battle.

12 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Looks like we're back to Hybrid units(Looks like Edelgard could use Magic),

Edelgard is confirmed Axes/Swords.

Dimitri is an infantry lancer that also has a sword at his hip.

Claude is our archer right now.

So yeah, the only characters given real focus were all lords.

6 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

And if you think this is an attempt at higher realism, please see the attached image where the units are all identical clones of each other. It's actually comical. This is like something out of the Star Wars prequel series.

Yikes... hopefully this is still a work in progress, but that definitely doesn't help with how I feel about the game so far. It would've been far more effective if they just gave the units helmets... 

2 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So am I the only one that liked the game? Like for real. I was around since the FE16 leaks topic about page 40 something and that was not the reception I was expecting. People keep bashing on the game with just 3 minute reveal. Got to admit after some watches the trailer gets mundane a bit but we have only seen 3 minutes. And please let's not act like every game before was a masterpiece, as far as the story is concerned name me one FE game where you don't face against an evil monster be it a dragon or a demon, a god/godess and an empire. People play FE because of the gameplay, despite fates having some horribly executed story. GIVE THE GAME A CHANCE. I hope that

1. FE will be shown which I doubt as it was just revealed and they are showing off Fortnite propablly they run out off games to show but it will be shown eventually. 
  2. That there will be a demo eventually foer us to play as this will be the first home console game that the new fans will be able to play.

On the topic of the release date. 2018 might be for Japan and 2019 for the world. Well considering smash got Dec and pokemon Nov and they can't release a game within 5 months.

As far as the actual game is converned. I liked it. Recently I red a LOT of medieval history and I like how they have the church. I just hope it is handled correclyand the head is a popelike figure not Sanaki no.2 (sorry Sanaki you still are best girl). Like the actuall characters and the setting from what we have seen so far. In Ed's I didn't pay attention but I think that the soldiers are just decoration. I don't know how they will function during gamelay as we saw during Di's scene.

That is all. Btw ninty needs to show off FE 16. They have yet shown onlypokemon , 2 smashes and fortnite like please show FE16

I kind of doubt that they'll show it off just based off the fact that the game isn't listed in the "games" section of Nintendo's e3 page .

Just now, The DanMan said:

Edelgard is confirmed Axes/Swords.

Dimitri is an infantry lancer that also has a sword at his hip.

Claude is our archer right now.

So yeah, the only characters given real focus were all lords.

Yeah, but the option for Magic was there for Edelgard, which seems like there might be a possibility of physical units using magic.

I don't care about story, it's going to come down to fighting big mean dragon god at the end and truthfully, I'm ok with that, despite how seriously it's taking itself. The cinematic remind me of Echoes and that's a bad thing to me. I don't like the visual of a ton of generics on screen, seeing the same face on a group of nobodies doesn't interest me, I've never bothered with the capture able generics in Fates so having though being a main feature doesn't excited. It doesn't help that the two things I think are most important in this series are Game play and Characters so because of the generics feature, there will be less characters so that the won't freeze to all hell when the screen is busy.

2 minutes ago, thanny said:

Yikes... hopefully this is still a work in progress, but that definitely doesn't help with how I feel about the game so far. It would've been far more effective if they just gave the units helmets... 

suffering.PNG

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

I'm happy to see this community finally having stuff to discuss other than rumors

I am really exited for this game. One thing that caught my eye is that the fates/awakening pair up system is absent, however it might be different because we don't know whats happening at 0:59. I'm also happy that the main lord is not the created character, but I'm also wondering if they are going to be the Jagein of this game. Im also curious whether the formations are going to be a large aspect, as it appeared that near the end they changed into a more defensive formation. I'm hoping that we will get more info in the next few months.

10 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

it sure seemed to me like Lyn and Hector were fighting for themselves and their friends, and not walled in by a bunch of expendable meat shields.

Ha, that's probably because their game was the one without an army of mooks doing their own thing on the background

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, but the option for Magic was there for Edelgard, which seems like there might be a possibility of physical units using magic.

I only saw combat arts, which are likely just what we got in SoV (wouldn't be surprised if one inspire the other). If there's a specific point where she's prompted to use magic, then okay.

13 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

If "FE units were always commanding big groups of generic soldiers" was an abstraction before in this series, it's an abstraction they should have maintained. It sure seemed to me like Lyn and Hector were fighting for themselves and their friends, and not walled in by a bunch of expendable meat shields. That's frankly a more exciting scenario.

And it would be one thing for this to be purely aesthetic, but there's clearly gameplay implications with the different formations seen. It's really like IS took the success of FE: Warriors too much to heart, and decided the main series should be more like that. I may be a bit irrational about this development, since I consider the musou series basically a blight on videogames.

...Good grief the logical jumps here hurt my brain.

Like FEW could've had any sort of real impact on the development; they'd have been working on the game for two years at that point it launched. (Also sad to see someone who carries the fabled irrational hateboner for the musou franchise).

1 minute ago, zelmes said:

From the art I've seen, her style for eyes look more elongated. The fire emblem characters have smaller and more emphasized eyes, which looks like one of the Atlus artists. This is why I'm asking for confirmation, since people seem to be basing their assertion on a Twitter post that just claims it's Chinatsu.

On formations, this is just me speculating but I think it could simply be this game's way of dealing with skills (along with combat arts). The triangle formation they showcased could be a Lunge-type formation, for instance, putting your army on the other side after battle.

There's also the artwork for the guys

https://twitter.com/theprinceofiris/status/1006589037963022340

Looks pretty Chinatsu to me

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Hear me out on this, but I'm getting Grancrest Senki vibes. I'm guessing the lords have some kind of utility magic that can buff/debuff

@Collindew16 Edelgard looks like a Jagen based on her HP value and weapon variety. The most damning of evidence: six movement

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

I only saw combat arts, which are likely just what we got in SoV (wouldn't be surprised if one inspire the other). If there's a specific point where she's prompted to use magic, then okay.

There was also a magic option for her in addition to combat arts. I'm assuming combat arts are like SoV, but I'm curious as to if the magic is traditional magic or something else!