Fire Emblem Three Houses

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Am I the only one who likes Dimitri's mop hair?

It’s mostly his face that bothers me not the hair. It just screams “stuck up bitch.” I get the feeling he would have a personality similar to Byakuya from Danganronpa and that’s definitely not a good thing. Hopefully he isn’t though as he’s one of the main characters.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:15 AM, B.Leu said:

Some interesting things to note.

-We have a brand new named continent. Where is the Champagne ?
-I getting some bad from this main girl constantly  talking to you by calling the MU teacher, teacher, almost adoringly as if he was super important to her, or to some other people, Is this waifu bait or what ? She have a teacher fetish ?
-Poor Half-jokes and worries, aside, what I find interesting is that the possible MU is neither a tactitian nor a prince, he is a Teacher, to her or to others we dunno. It had interesting implication. That could means there is a deep bound of trust between him and her, and that she might count on you and your opinions as shown in the 'what weapon raining would I work on' moment
-Speaking of this choice does it means that this or other character will gain new skill and weapons prof depending on what the Teacher tell them to do ? Seems to be that by telling her to focus on axes, she was to start using axes. That my explanation for it anyways. But so, why is sword selectable then ? Better pro or bonus with swords ?
-This scene at the end puzzle me "Until then, please don't forget me, Teacher", why whould he forget her ? Is he getting transfered or something ? Does that even exist in medieval times ? Also, people talk about a loli that is loli as Nowi (Heresy alert), on this throne thingy, but the only thing I see is some sort of gray crap. I'm... not joking. It looks like a slime to me. Must be looking at thise the wrong wa..

I mean, it's hard to go with that conclusion based off a really small part of a conversation, so I think it's too early to tell the dynamic/relationship will evolve into that. However, I think your concern still stands, especially after FE12 Kris. I really hope this isn't Kris 2.0. Although, I do have a feeling it'll be like Robin- not a lot of brown nosing, but enough to be prevalent. I do think it's interesting though- since the majority of buyers will most likely be veterans, it seems like the game treats you as one.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:59 AM, blah the Prussian said:

Can I just say how much I love the new battle backgrounds? It appears now that each unit is merely a squad leader; this is an excellent change and will go a long way to making the battles seem like actual battles and not skirmishes.

I know there's a mixed reaction to this, but I can this detail getting good reviews though from casuals.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, Laptopispy said:

Fun note: We can probably see Dimitri there in the bottom right corner.

51.png

Good catch. I wonder where a character's choice of hangout will be random or intentional. Where they hangout can say a lot about their personality.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:29 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Which makes me wonder what in the world happened.  This was supposed to be a 2018 release?  I mean, it looks promising, but also like it could use some work.

Did Heroes really take up that many resources?

It probably would've gotten delayed with or without Heroes. They're used to handheld software, so moving to a home console is another task. IIRC, Path of Radiance also took the team longer than usual to make, which is why they spat out Sacred Stones.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, Etheus said:

Ultimately, getting more information isn't going to get the game into our hands any sooner, nor will it make the wait any easier. It will just feed the hype cycle. 

Let us just hope that Spring 2019 is a worldwide release and implies March 2019 as opposed to April or May 2019.

I think it's going to be a worldwide release. If Xenoblade can get one, then FE should be able to. Let's just hope Spring 2019 means late March/April.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, Ryo said:

Can't believe I've only noticed this now, but is this the first FE game where the characters (or at least the main ones) have a full name?

Also, Mercedes and Hilda are using generic battle models for some reasons, so they may not be recruitable after all.

So does that mean that battalion/squadron leaders all have some sort of face now? Maybe it's randomized?

Could be interesting if they're all randomized with the same assets of a MU, so they could also potentially be what our avatars look like as well?

I’m seeing so many negative responses to the squad thing. This IS a war you know? Before it was just you and your rag tag group of buds going on a dragon adventure.  but this is beginning to look like a real war instead of like two football teams having a go at each other with everyone on one team wearing completely different stuff. There may not be as many characters but I’m sure there will be a few in each group. It’s better this way imo.

as for the plot this is how I think it might go down:

I’m hoping for a lot of internal and political  conflicts between the Church and the three houses. The Church may end up doing something to split the houses up and cause them to have battles amongst each other while they watch as the houses try to destroy each other. The other cause behind this might be the crests edelgard was talking about. She and our avatar might help the other houses realize what the Church is doing.

the Church itself is definitely based on Western European Church. Look at its design when the avatar is running around. I personally hope the setting is like England. (Because I’m English lol) and I’m REALLY hoping we get more accents this time. It’s really not that hard like Lasnigo did it, even though it sounded obviously fake, he still did it! I’m sure it’s gonna be along the lines of British, French and German, though. I’m definitely looking forward to the internal conflict, and the whole game itself!

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Of course not. XD We seems to a diversified group so I wouldn't be surprised that some people will share the same preference as you and I. 

2 hours ago, hype said:

I’m seeing so many negative responses to the squad thing. This IS a war you know? Before it was just you and your rag tag group of buds going on a dragon adventure.  but this is beginning to look like a real war instead of like two football teams having a go at each other with everyone on one team wearing completely different stuff. There may not be as many characters but I’m sure there will be a few in each group. It’s better this way imo.

I'm just not a fan of war simulators. To me it felt like FE13/14/15 were far enough removed from that concept that I could enjoy them. They were just """"anime"""" and """"unrealistic"""" enough for me. Now that's changed and I personally don't like it. Not gonna drop FE16 because of it, but still. Not a fan.

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I prefer to call it "90s boyband hair" than "mop hair" but yeah I think it's pretty cool. Still think Claude's hair is better tho.

On a small point, I  wonder if the platoon style of play means there won't be any indoor maps, as that would look kind of strange.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time. Genealogy didn't have any indoor maps if I recall correctly.

3 hours ago, Novus said:

I’m hoping for a lot of internal and political  conflicts between the Church and the three houses. The Church may end up doing something to split the houses up and cause them to have battles amongst each other while they watch as the houses try to destroy each other. The other cause behind this might be the crests edelgard was talking about. She and our avatar might help the other houses realize what the Church is doing.

the Church itself is definitely based on Western European Church. Look at its design when the avatar is running around. I personally hope the setting is like England. (Because I’m English lol) and I’m REALLY hoping we get more accents this time. It’s really not that hard like Lasnigo did it, even though it sounded obviously fake, he still did it! I’m sure it’s gonna be along the lines of British, French and German, though. I’m definitely looking forward to the internal conflict, and the whole game itself!

I agree with what you're saying. I would also like to add that the church seems to hold a lot of power over the continent and it seems that their soldiers are stationed in the castle the green haired dude is running around in. This tells me that the church is occupying many of the noble houses in the land and trying to gain the crests. Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude are all together in or around that castle and that's when they notice what the church is doing. Then they start a rebellion against the church.

Some of the community think that this game will be a split path again like in fates and frankly, I highly doubt that it will happen.

First off, the game is on switch which can hold more data than what the 3ds can so there is no reason to do this at all. Some argue that the 3ds can infact store all the three paths in one game considering the limited edition did so but it costed 80$ meaning that it was more than an average 3ds game.

Secondly is the budget. At this point, the game graphics are highly advanced that splitting up the content is only wasting money. The only way IS can do something about it is to do dlc for the game which is not going to happen IF you want to just beat the main game. Charging dlc for 40$ probably isn't going to happen imo.

And lastly, it was the marketing. It was advertised right from the ground up that fates was going to be a split path from the start. This game has no indication of it being split whatsoever and I don't think that it will considering the first two points that I mentioned.

So..while no one here said any worry about the split thing, I thought I should counter this anyways since some of the other community thinks otherwise.

10 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

So does that mean that battalion/squadron leaders all have some sort of face now? Maybe it's randomized?

Could be interesting if they're all randomized with the same assets of a MU, so they could also potentially be what our avatars look like as well?

MU hasn't been confirmed yet so that might not be an issue. But if there is a customizable MU, I don't think it'll be a problem. The options were very limited in Fates and Awakening, and while I don't think they'd keep it that limited, the options wouldn't be as vast as the necessary resource database for giving all enemy battalion leaders faces. Even if they do decide to give all battalion leaders faces, I think it would be easier to just create each face individually than to build a database for a randomizer.

9 hours ago, Novus said:

That's exactly how I see it. It feels so much more immersive than the past games. Compared to the trailers for Fates and Awakening this was the only one where I got the same vibe Genealogy or Sacred Stones gives off. It felt like their was an actual war and the fighting was real, not just some kind of puzzle to solve.

Based on the last names given to the three assumed lords, it feels more like a Holy Roman Empire setting. But there are also a lot of Nordic named locations, so England is a possibility. However that combination makes me assume its more like the Volsunga Saga, which is Germany, Denmark, and some of Scandinavia, France, and Poland. If it really is influenced by the Volsunga Saga then I couldn't possibly get more excited for this game.

I saw on a gaming news website that the game will release earlier in japan, for Winter 2018, is it true ? It'susually a trustworthy website but I didn't hear about this enywhere else.

(EDIT:There was a mistake, they corrected it to Spring 2019)

Also about the generic models for Hilda and Mercedes, I think it's because it's an early version and they didn't include the models other than the lords and mage lady; all the characters on the map have generic models.

Edited by FuranSuwa

2 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I saw on a gaming news website that the game will release earlier in japan, for Winter 2018, is it true ? It'susually a trustworthy website but I didn't hear about this enywhere else.

Also about the generic models for Hilda and Mercedes, I think it's because it's an early version and they didn't include the models other than the lords and mage lady; all the characters on the map have generic models.

Can you provide the link to see ourselves? 

Ah it's okay they made a mistake, they corrected it now, Spring 2019 for everyone.

EDIT: The official website will be changed in winter 2018 (they mixed up the two dates)

EDIT2: And now the n°1 French gaming website made an article about it too...confusion is comming for the French fandom...

Edited by FuranSuwa

14 minutes ago, grinus said:

Although, wouldn't be neat if Nintendo put out an early 1 level timed demo for the fans to try out in the holiday season? 

no i think not..cause fire emblem for new players are so komplex and difficult to understand...only a true fe tactic warrior understand the game! so no demo needed!

1 hour ago, senior firehood said:

no i think not..cause fire emblem for new players are so komplex and difficult to understand...only a true fe tactic warrior understand the game! so no demo needed!

That's not true at all, and is almost exactly what demos are for. Learn what the game is about, how it plays, and how to play.