Fire Emblem Three Houses

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .what?

If you were in public, do you say everything that comes to mind, or do you think about whether or not the entire world needs to hear it?  Now apply those same rules to your posting.

not in public but i do it here sometimes :) im just excited about 3H and hope we get more information soon...hope this year!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I don't give a flying flip about the sexuality of my army.  They're here to fight, not make out with the enemy.

This. I personally don't care about the support options given, Options are nice, but in the end, they are in my army to do two things, Kick the crap out of my opposition, and let me continue further into the story.

Now personally, I hope they don't give us any more Subaki's, Male Pegasus riders just don't work.

11 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

image.png.21ee29f116f1dbffa906529074bac199.png

These 4 stand out to me in the trailer(as well as Mercedes) because they are all named characters(presumably), and have unique portraits. This leads me to believe one of two things, either:
1. We are fighting a mercenary company who we recruit when the battle concludes.
2. This is a mock battle style mode where you split your units into two groups, with one you control and one you fight against.
I think the latter is more likely for 2 reasons. Mercedes seems to be on a different map than the others, suggesting that this happens more than once through the game, and I doubt we'll have more than one skirmish against different mercenary bands unless the party is REALLY desperate for troops. The terrain in the Mercedes shot and in the Hilda shot are pretty similar to a shot later in the trailer presumably near Edelgard's castle. This suggests to me that they are only fighting outside the castle grounds, which would explain a mock battle a lot easier, AND Edelgard does explicitly mention mock battles in the trailer's dialogue too. But eh the terrain thing might just be me trying to find an explanation.

I think the map with Mercedes and the map with Hilda are the same. The tiles of both maps do match if you approach Hilda's map from south and Mercedes' map from east.

At first I thought that maybe we can rotate the map to different viewing angles, but Edelgard does have different HP stats (Mercedes-fight: Lv 3 29/29HP vs. Hilda-fight: Lv3 30/30) in the Japanese trailer at least. Although that only means they did not use the same file for the trailer.

It is possible that this is not the first chapter but one of the first and I would agree that it is some kind of mock battle. Either Edelgard has the possibility to level up before this chapter or you can choose boons and banes( maybe even random as in Heroes?).

I am just sure that the shown maps are the same. Maybe even a decision you make lets you start the chapter from different perspectives? They could possibly explain fighting by jumping locations after every important lesson.

15 minutes ago, MyBoyHector said:

This. I personally don't care about the support options given, Options are nice, but in the end, they are in my army to do two things, Kick the crap out of my opposition, and let me continue further into the story.

Now personally, I hope they don't give us any more Subaki's, Male Pegasus riders just don't work.

Well, I think they made an exception for Fates. They're even called Sky Knights. Although technically I see no difference.

Contrarily I liked Subaki. He was kinda cool. Supports could have done more for him (which is sadly an argument for so many of the characters).

Btw, Hello everyone. I am a long-time lurker that finally decided to make an account here to take part in discussions.

If you feel the need to correct my English, you are very welcome. ☺

45 minutes ago, MyBoyHector said:

I loved Tsubaki and hope they continue to break the mold with stereotypes/tropes. FE is already a trope-y game and its fun to uphold traditions, but sometimes a breath of fresh air is needed. Honestly, just looking at our main cast/3 Lords I've got semi-high hopes for new stuff. A female lord isn't unheard of, but Claude? I'm excited. (I wouldn't be surprised if Niles' popularity made them confident enough to try such a thing. yay.)

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

I don't give a flying flip about the sexuality of my army.  They're here to fight, not make out with the enemy.

to be fair, if you're willing to go down that route, then supports in general are kind of dumb. yet learning that forde likes to paint has been a staple in the series for a while

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

I feel like those battles are the beginning of the game rather than repeatable training missions. The weapon training feature feels like a barracks thing to me, a minor boost that you select instead of it being random like in mycastle... That or it's something that will happen a few times throughout the story or something, but either way I don't see it triggering an entire battle and don't believe the two are actually linked; she just mentions the mock battle because it's the next story chapter.

That is pure speculation though, as you said.

I'm getting reminded of FE12s prologue with the whole training/mock battle it would be cool if it was like an extended prologue probably not who knows.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

I'd actually like it if IS just made all gender specific classes unisex from here on out. I wasn't a fan of Subaki or Charlotte, but I liked that we finally had a male pegasus rider and a female berserker.

On a separate note, this is the first time I am actively trying to follow a Fire Emblem game prior to release and I'm curious if we are going to have a thread that updates the first page/first couple of posts with any new information that gets released. I don't really have time to check on the forum much until the weekend which is why I was asking.

8 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I'd actually like it if IS just made all gender specific classes unisex from here on out. I wasn't a fan of Subaki or Charlotte, but I liked that we finally had a male pegasus rider and a female berserker.

On a separate note, this is the first time I am actively trying to follow a Fire Emblem game prior to release and I'm curious if we are going to have a thread that updates the first page/first couple of posts with any new information that gets released. I don't really have time to check on the forum much until the weekend which is why I was asking.

The home page is really good for that. Along with other FE news, they're really timely with updating us on new news when we get it. The forums are really just for discussing the newly released information, not necessarily showcasing it. If you wanted, you could even just visit 3H's specific page every now and then. 

2 minutes ago, nyainou said:

The home page is really good for that. Along with other FE news, they're really timely with updating us on new news when we get it. The forums are really just for discussing the newly released information, not necessarily showcasing it. If you wanted, you could even just visit 3H's specific page every now and then. 

Ah okay, I'll keep that tabbed then. Thank you!

15 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

image.png.21ee29f116f1dbffa906529074bac199.png

These 4 stand out to me in the trailer(as well as Mercedes) because they are all named characters(presumably), and have unique portraits. This leads me to believe one of two things, either:
1. We are fighting a mercenary company who we recruit when the battle concludes.
2. This is a mock battle style mode where you split your units into two groups, with one you control and one you fight against.
I think the latter is more likely for 2 reasons. Mercedes seems to be on a different map than the others, suggesting that this happens more than once through the game, and I doubt we'll have more than one skirmish against different mercenary bands unless the party is REALLY desperate for troops. The terrain in the Mercedes shot and in the Hilda shot are pretty similar to a shot later in the trailer presumably near Edelgard's castle. This suggests to me that they are only fighting outside the castle grounds, which would explain a mock battle a lot easier, AND Edelgard does explicitly mention mock battles in the trailer's dialogue too. But eh the terrain thing might just be me trying to find an explanation.

With the hints about it starting out at a military academy, the latter seems almost certain.

i already love Claude's design, and i love bow users so much which makes me love him even more if he is (even though they, in most games or arguably all games, are the worst class...i mean, Ronan was my god tier unit in Thracia, if that says anything). watch his personality be terrible and his writing suck just to spite me...

barring that, i know who all my XP and favoritism is going to...and if there are split paths which lord i'm choosing...

16 hours ago, MyBoyHector said:

Ha, my thoughts are the opposite. I never liked that pegasi were locked, so I'm hoping for more male Pegasus riders. I'm predicting not, but I really hope the classes are as open as we had in Fates, since gender locking anything is ridiculous these days to me. Shigure was one of my favourite Fates characters, too ^.^

13 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

i already love Claude's design, and i love bow users so much which makes me love him even more if he is (even though they, in most games or arguably all games, are the worst class...i mean, Ronan was my god tier unit in Thracia, if that says anything). watch his personality be terrible and his writing suck just to spite me...

barring that, i know who all my XP and favoritism is going to...and if there are split paths which lord i'm choosing...

Another person who adored using Ronan? Yaaaay :D I adored using him :D

I reckon Claude will be a fun loving person - either a womaniser or a bit carefree. If we have to pick people, I'm leaning towards Dmitri, because he seems like the all too serious type, which I usually adore, but we'll see :)

Edited by Cute Chao

18 hours ago, MyBoyHector said:

Also if the articles about three houses is right, I think we are getting a Bow Lord, yay!

Yeah, you see Claude uses at least a bow in the trailer.

(though i'll be the one to bring up that a bow lord does exist from Tear Ring Saga at the very least already and he's pretty great)

I was replaying Echoes earlier when it hit me, I want some supports to be tied to story progression. If done well it can help characterize even support characters by having them react to what's going on around them. It helps involve characters without actually focusing on them in the main story.

On 6/25/2018 at 2:13 AM, MyBoyHector said:

i am on the opposite side, i hope they give us more male pegasus knights... actually they should make all classes unisex...

whats wrong with subaki?

Okay, so I'm late to the party as usual. I am liking the way the game looks so far. Huge fan of Edelgard off the bat (female lord and with an axe). Dimitri seems to be the spear user. Claude using a bow is great. Glad they have more diverse weapons. The enemies look good as well. I like Mercedes's portrait.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:31 PM, YingofDarkness said:

Yes, I would like all the classes to be unisex. Subaki and Charlotte were fine for me and I liked that they broke some previously gendered classes, however I can see why some people don't like them as characters. 

23 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Another person who adored using Ronan? Yaaaay :D I adored using him :D

I reckon Claude will be a fun loving person - either a womaniser or a bit carefree. If we have to pick people, I'm leaning towards Dmitri, because he seems like the all too serious type, which I usually adore, but we'll see :)

hell yeah! honestly i think he gets more flack than he deserves as a unit (also he's a cute archer so how can we not use him? even if he has like...two lines in the entire game...sad). in a game where staves are broken as hell and having high magic prevents you from being targeted by them, it's a dang imperative stat. and also magic users do 0 damage to him, side note. i never had problems with his strength either, he capped fairly early maybe the rng gods were just on my side. it must be purely because he's an archer with locked 2 range...which, more bad since he can't capture enemy units....but c'mon give him some credit!

yeah that's the vibe i'm getting too. also he look gay as hell, are we gonna get our 3rd gay/bi archer. i almost hope they totally flip that notion on it's head. i'm still taking my time getting over Dimitri's greasy mop head but it's growing on me haha. he does seem the serious type, which i myself ain't too keen on but i hope he lives up to your expectations ;)

and yes i agree that classes should be unisex. i kind of liked the lore that pegasi only accepted female riders, but when it's put into practice, character wise, it just becomes kinda...stale....and they have absolutely no excuse for not making female fighters. before the 3DS era there was Echidna at least, but jeez. and on that note, bring in some burly women brigands and berserkers and whatnot. we don't have enough buff women (or buff people in general) in this series....Nailah is like the queen of my heart give me more of this

16 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

I was replaying Echoes earlier when it hit me, I want some supports to be tied to story progression. If done well it can help characterize even support characters by having them react to what's going on around them. It helps involve characters without actually focusing on them in the main story.

yeah i like that. that's kinda what PoR and Radiant Dawn did, though RD completely shafted supports as we know them. 

Edited by wizzard of soz

So we can probably assume that we'll be getting some new info and a trailer at TGS in September, which is about 2 1/2 months away. But you guys think there's any chance we'd get anything earlier than that? I'm thinking that if we do, it could possibly be through Famitsu.

5 minutes ago, Talcinel said:

So we can probably assume that we'll be getting some new info and a trailer at TGS in September, which is about 2 1/2 months away. But you guys think there's any chance we'd get anything earlier than that? I'm thinking that if we do, it could possibly be through Famitsu.

Famitsu is definitely guaranteed for info on this game! As for basic info in general I can see August at earliest but September is the safest bet.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

5 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

I am on the opposite side, i hope they give us more male pegasus knights... actually they should make all classes unisex...

Agreed; classes should only be gender-restricted if there is an in-story reason that is closely intertwined with the story, worldbuilding, and/or themes. In any other case, they should be unisex.

For example, I could understand priest/cleric being restricted to one gender if the continent's religious organization is restricted by gender and if that was closely tied to the story in some way. 

2 hours ago, Talcinel said:

I suppose they could show something at Gamescom at the end of august, but I wouldn't expect anything earlier than that.

36 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

I suppose they could show something at Gamescom at the end of august, but I wouldn't expect anything earlier than that.

Yeah, I forgot about gamescom xenoblade 2 was also shown there with that cool Uraya gameplay, bet we will see one of the early chapters there.