Fire Emblem Three Houses

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26. 6. 2018 at 1:01 PM, Pegasus Knight said:

i am on the opposite side, i hope they give us more male pegasus knights... actually they should make all classes unisex...

whats wrong with subaki?

Pegasus knight being female class make lot of sense. Girls are smaller and lighter then males by average.

That said I wouldn't mind male rider (as long as he has suitable physique) struggling prove himself in occupation dominated by females. It could be quite fun take on gender equality.

I had a really cool idea for Byleth - what if he becomes an armoured mage unit upon promotion(assuming he can use magic at base which I think he can). He has that look about him that he won't be the speediest unit, so an armoured promotion may be possible, plus with the introduction of armoured mages through Heroes I could see them introducing one into the mainline games.

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Pegasus knight being female class make lot of sense. Girls are smaller and lighter then males by average.

That said I wouldn't mind male rider (as long as he has suitable physique) struggling prove himself in occupation dominated by females. It could be quite fun take on gender equality.

See, that doesnt sound so bad. Subaki was just way too beefy to be an acceptable male rider.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I had a really cool idea for Byleth - what if he becomes an armoured mage unit upon promotion(assuming he can use magic at base which I think he can). He has that look about him that he won't be the speediest unit, so an armoured promotion may be possible, plus with the introduction of armoured mages through Heroes I could see them introducing one into the mainline games.

Well he'll likely be customizable especially stats and growths so it's unlikely he'll be slow unless you intentionally make him from Boon/Bane combinations.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

15 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

This doesnt make sense at all...

so why aren't riders only female as well ...

Pegasus (a non existent creature) is capable to carry a rider in the air... in some cases more than 1 (see sumnia saving chrom)

wyvern riders also carry male and female...

also this is a world where skinny chicks like Charlotte (an almost any FE female character)  can butcher beefy man...

lets not try bring fake logic to maintain sexist characteristics

lets ne honest here pegasus riders only being female was done for aesthetic reasons but there is no reason to keep it that way anymore....

p.s subaki isnt beefy at all RIP

in what world is this beefy ... especially for a horse to carry on...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/030/219/612.png

Edited by Pegasus Knight

1 hour ago, Pegasus Knight said:

This doesnt make sense at all...

so why aren't riders only female as well ...

Pegasus (a non existent creature) is capable to carry a rider in the air... in some cases more than 1 (see sumnia saving chrom)

wyvern riders also carry male and female...

also this is a world where skinny chicks like Charlotte (an almost any FE female character)  can butcher beefy man...

lets not try bring fake logic to maintain sexist characteristics

lets ne honest here pegasus riders only being female was done for aesthetic reasons but there is no reason to keep it that way anymore....

p.s subaki isnt beefy at all RIP

in what world is this beefy ... especially for a horse to carry on...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/030/219/612.png

It's you who makes it sexist. Pegasi are winged horses. Did you ever see jockeys? They are always small and light and yes horse can carry heavy burdens, but if you expect high perfomance in battle, lighter rider is obviously better. And yes it's also for aesthetic reasons, but that doesn't change rather obvious reasons that can be applied on story.

In first place don't fix what isn't broken. Fire emblem have lot of archetypes and habbits codified in it over decades of it's existence. It's fine experiment here and there or even break rules for more fun, but discarding traditions just to comform some kind of  "social agendas"wannabe would just ruin game. Male pegasi knigh? Sure. Gay/Lesbian lord? Fine with me (just don't make everyone bi so they can marry. That would be stupid). Oh you wanna black/hispanic character, why I should care? Everything is fine just don't try make it sound like it need to be there or that game is worse without it.

As for Wywern riders. They are flyings tanks, when pegasi are fragile speedsters. Why you don't give thought of difference between both animals first before you make argument that doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Tenzen12

Gender almost has nothing to do with classes. It just happens to be a trend that the series for a long time has been doing it and this get judging from the trailer seems no exception.

Edited by Harvey

5 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

It's you who makes it sexist. Pegasi are winged horses. Did you ever see jockeys? They are always small and light and yes horse can carry heavy burdens, but if you expect high perfomance in battle, lighter rider is obviously better. And yes it's also for aesthetic reasons, but that doesn't change rather obvious reasons that can be applied on story.

In first place don't fix what isn't broken. Fire emblem have lot of archetypes and habbits codified in it over decades of it's existence. It's fine experiment here and there or even break rules for more fun, but discarding traditions just to comform some kind of  "social agendas"wannabe would just ruin game. Male pegasi knigh? Sure. Gay/Lesbian lord? Fine with me (just don't make everyone bi so they can marry. That would be stupid). Oh you wanna black/hispanic character, why I should care? Everything is fine just don't try make it sound like it need to be there or that game is worse without it.

As for Wywern riders. They are flyings tanks, when pegasi are fragile speedsters. Why you don't give thought of difference between both animals first before you make argument that doesn't make any sense.

This is a fantasy anime game. Gender-exclusive classes are boring and Fire Emblem should (continue to) reinvent itself. Sticking to old hat will get really boring really fast, while newness gets people interested. "What's going to happen this time?" is a good, exciting thought for fans to have, and if we could just always predict it 100%, then there's not much enjoyment to be had. Also, its fun and all to try and apply logic to things in fantasy, but don't take it too far, because in the end, there are no limitations in fantasy. That's why its called fantasy. 

8 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

i am not making it sexist..

Your argument doesn't make sense because u are trying to bring real world logic to a FANTASY world!! Its a pegasus!! its a creature from greek mythology who is ridden by Bellerophon! A male greek hero! and if u know anything about greek mythology u would know that the heroes had taht muscle statue-esque body! Through the years this mythological creature had been depicted by many media and in most it is ridden by males... Hercules in Disney and Perseus wrath of the titans.. very muscular guys etc so excuse me but your logic makes 0 sense!

In the same game its was shown that it can carry more than 1 riders.. it is also shown that it can carry male riders without losing efficiency... there's nothing in the game and outside of it that backs up your claim...

Also in Mystery of the emblem all pegasus rider enemies were male

even in the context of the game they just used the excuse that pegasi just prefer female riders... they said nothing about lighter riders....

its another thing if u dont like it and another to try and make it look as it makes sense and its there for a reason...

I dont understand what's the connection of the next paragraph with the point... 

Edited by Pegasus Knight

woah...gamescon is not far away...i hope we can see more from fe 3h!....i look at the trailer and want to figured out why there are 5 holy priests and 5 drangons on the picture.... the church who bleth running in the trailer... is that in the past? could we get something like the fe where u can first play the parents...than all dies...then u play the children?

16 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I'm sorry, a game IS worse without diversity. That's exactly why we have people wanting these things. The "social agenda" is to correct a WRONG. A wrong where fantasy is just all white people, and elves and magic can exist but "omg a black character makes no sense" or "a male on a winged horse that I've gendered as feminine is wrong!"It doesn't make sense.

Pushing for diversity, even in its most simplistic form of having males ride pegasi (which hello, Hercules), is not wrong and won't ruin a game. What ruins a game is confirming to sexist "traditions" for the sake of keeping the status quo. A game with nothing but white, straight characters IS a worse game, by simple factor of it doesn't represent the world and diversity around it. So no, it IS fixing what's broken. 

Edited by Sunsurge

Yeah, no. There is no sexist tradition in fire emblem. Females kick asses for decades already, starting with Caeda. This is your regular witch hunt, which always end with innocent burned on stake in name of '"social justice". And support that is nothing but about making yourself feel good about yourself how just and upright you are.

12 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

i am not making it sexist..

Your argument doesn't make sense because u are trying to bring real world logic to a FANTASY world!! Its a pegasus!! its a creature from greek mythology who is ridden by Bellerophon! A male greek hero! and if u know anything about greek mythology u would know that the heroes had taht muscle statue-esque body! Through the years this mythological creature had been depicted by many media and in most it is ridden by males... Hercules in Disney and Perseus wrath of the titans.. very muscular guys etc so excuse me but your logic makes 0 sense!

In the same game its was shown that it can carry more than 1 riders.. it is also shown that it can carry male riders without losing efficiency... there's nothing in the game and outside of it that backs up your claim...

Also in Mystery of the emblem all pegasus rider enemies were male

even in the context of the game they just used the excuse that pegasi just prefer female riders... they said nothing about lighter riders....

its another thing if u dont like it and another to try and make it look as it makes sense and its there for a reason...

I dont understand what's the connection of the next paragraph with the point... 

Actually, most FE Pegasi are male perverts who likes being ridden by females....  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Special mention to Catria's Pegasus.

Edited by jake72002
Grammar correction

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yeah, no. There is no sexist tradition in fire emblem. Females kick asses for decades already, starting with Caeda. This is your regular witch hunt, which always end with innocent burned on stake in name of '"social justice". And support that is nothing but about making yourself feel good about yourself how just and upright you are.

the fact u took a "i would like more pegasus riders" (key word more since we already have 1 so its not about "breaking" a tradition) and turn it into a Youtube comment section about diversity says a lot...

And your posts are very hypocritical since u have no issue with caeda kicking the asses of opponents she would never be able in real life BUT on the same hand a non existent creature cant carry males because of science :rolleyes: At least be honest and say u dont like it... no one is going to hunt u (at least here) for stating your aesthetics opinion...

Edited by Pegasus Knight

4 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

the fact u took a "i would like more pegasus riders" (key word more since we already have 1 so its not about "breaking" a tradition) and turn it into a Youtube comment section about diversity says a lot...

And your posts are very hypocritical since u have no issue with caeda kicking the asses of opponents she would never be able in real life BUT on the same hand a non existent creature cant carry males because of science :rolleyes: At least be honest and say u dont like it... no one is going to hunt u (at least here) for stating your aesthetics opinion...

Are you backtracking your own posts now? Having more maler PKs was never issue with me I even explicitly said it would be fun, remember? What I did have isssue with was you calling reason behind this class sexistic and deciding it should be unisex for sake of diversity. Also I don't know about single opponent Caeda fought in FE she wouldn't be able theoretically fight in RL, which includes dragons.

What's more I never said pegasi can't carry males, I just stated why it's more practical for it not being case. Even in fantasy worlds exist physics, gravity, momentum and practically everything else. Magic can bypass it, sure, but  in FE case it was never even implied  pegasi are magical creature. It's just treated as winged horse. Did you ever look on their stat in games where Con is thing? Pegasi are not good carrying heavy burdens, if they do they get huge penalties. That's why PKs are mainly female and Wywern riders unisex

Edited by Tenzen12

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

Are you backtracking your own posts now? Having more maler PKs was never issue with me I even explicitly said it would be fun, remember? What I did have isssue with was you calling reason behind this class sexistic and deciding it should be unisex for sake of diversity. Also I don't know about single opponent Caeda fought in FE she wouldn't be able theoretically fight in RL, which includes dragons.

What's more I never said pegasi can't carry males, I just stated why it's more practical for it not being case. Even in fantasy worlds exist physics, gravity, momentum and practically everything else. Magic can bypass it, sure, but  in FE case it was never even implied  pegasi are magical creature. It's just treated as winged horse. Did you ever look on their stat in games where Con is thing? Pegasi are not good carrying heavy burdens, if they do they get huge penalties. That's why PKs are mainly female and Wywern riders unisex

This is exactly what i said and the post u first quoted...

i am on the opposite side, i hope they give us more male pegasus knights...

I never said that it should be unisex for the shake of diversity tho... i said that i like more male pegasus knights.... (yeah i added that they should make everyone unisex but thats not the reason why i want more male pegasus riders...)

What i have issue with your posts is taht u bring real world logic and twist it in such way to help your arguments...

So caeda is ok since its a magical world but pegasi cant carry male riders because of science that doenst make sense?

and why are dragons mythical creatures and pegasus not... lol  (especially when they have high resistance and are more efficient against mages) and they are called holy beasts....

Your excuse "its more practical" doesnt make sense AT ALL! not with real life logic and not with game logic.. only in pokemon logic that would make sense... i am sorry but if u cant see it u can continue thinking whatever u want....

the only excuse teh game gives is that pegasi prefer women (like unicorns).. and they were only male pegasi riders in teh first game....

let me give u what the game says:

In the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Fates, the C-rank support between Selena and Subaki on the third path reveals the Pegasi shown in Hoshido are actually Tenma (天馬), a species of winged horses that are similar in appearance to Pegasi, but have an easier time accepting male riders, and the people of Hoshido called Pegasi holy beasts; the difference being a commonly known fact on the continent the game takes place in. Also, Tenma are rather picky when it come to their riders, and are generally unwilling for anyone ride them if their hearts are filled with hatred, as Hinoka stated in her C-Support with Subaki and her S-Support with a Male Avatar, as well as her Support with Caeda in Fire Emblem Warriors.

see its nothing about efficiency! stop making ti happen!

Anyway i am done with this argument....  its clear who's right and who's wrong

Edited by Pegasus Knight

Again tell me where I said pegasi can't carry males? All I said that it makes sense for it dominated by females and that potential male knights should have light slim physique. Again game itself make obvious pegasi are not good with heavy burdens, that's not "real world logic" (which s same as that of fantasy world anyway, because logic is logic regardless where it's used), but fact affirmed by FE itself.

Caeda si fine because she is badass, she would be all the same in real world. What exactly is supposed be relation between her kicking assess and her being in fantasy world anyway?  She has no super power, nor she use magic as far as I can remember.

Edited by Tenzen12

Oh god do not bring those replies involving things like social justice or sexist traditions into a fantasy game, it just never ends well, nor was it the reason why I said my original comment in the first place. If anything, if an admin would happy purge those posts to keep things from going toxic (which sadly is the inevitable conclusion when such words are uttered).

My original reason why I said it was going back to unit and class identity, and with the exception of fates, have had it that way. Now I'm not saying to give the Males their own version, personally I think FE could easily do it. Move Falcon Knight to its own class tree, and have it promote into Griffon Knight/Lord or Hippogriff Rider. In most fantasy settings they are far stronger mount physically then a Pegasus, who prefer lighter loads and less armour.

20 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

I'm sorry, a game IS worse without diversity. That's exactly why we have people wanting these things. The "social agenda" is to correct a WRONG. A wrong where fantasy is just all white people, and elves and magic can exist but "omg a black character makes no sense" or "a male on a winged horse that I've gendered as feminine is wrong!"It doesn't make sense.

Pushing for diversity, even in its most simplistic form of having males ride pegasi (which hello, Hercules), is not wrong and won't ruin a game. What ruins a game is confirming to sexist "traditions" for the sake of keeping the status quo. A game with nothing but white, straight characters IS a worse game, by simple factor of it doesn't represent the world and diversity around it. So no, it IS fixing what's broken. 

Seconded. Like I said, its important for games / franchises to continually reinvent themselves. Any of ya'll remember Breath of the Wild? One of the best Zelda games ever? Its one of the best because they said, "you know what, fuck our traditions, they have no reason to actually exist" and did something completely new. Fire Emblem has, and should, continue to do new things as well. Why the hell do you guys want to play the same game over and over again? Especially with how expensive Switch games are. Its nice to have some familiarity, and I'm not saying FE should go full BotW, but some changes need to be made to keep people interested. Unisex classes, diversified casts, multiple same-sex supports, battle arts, troops, etc. 

The only thing that needs to stay in a Fire Emblem game is strategy. That's it.