Fire Emblem Three Houses

On 7/9/2018 at 7:45 PM, The DanMan said:

Welp:

From the Japanese Smash Blog.

So much for "Every game shown at E3 will release in the next 9 months".

Is this news? The game was announced to be a Spring 2019 release in the first trailer.

On 7/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, Book Bro said:

Not to bring up an old debate again, but that's simply not true. What world building did Danved or Heather "require" to exist? Or Flavia and Basilio, beyond "this is a different country from that of the white protagonist"? Or Ike?* Also, I thought we agreed after Fates that what we need more of is in fact better world building. Is it suddenly a bad thing if it's used to bring in more diversity?

Let's remember FE is fiction, and that no game takes place in actual medieval Europe. Continent Y can have a European aesthetic and feature gay dark skinned characters and not have to explain why they're there at all.

* if you accept that he is coded as a gay man.

I think the post you're replying to is being sarcastic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Is this news? The game was announced to be a Spring 2019 release in the first trailer.

There was a specific quote from Reggie about E3:

"...we show content that will launch over the next six to nine months, and no more."

I and others had taken that to mean 3H would be a March release, as it's 9 months away and technically spring, while lining up with the previous trend of February - April launches.

30 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

There was a specific quote from Reggie about E3:

"...we show content that will launch over the next six to nine months, and no more."

I and others had taken that to mean 3H would be a March release, as it's 9 months away and technically spring, while lining up with the previous trend of February - April launches.

To be fair, the Japanese on the post you linked just says "Spring" instead of Q2. It could still be a March release.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:32 AM, NekoKnight said:

The Kanji character for Spring was used in the Japanese post. If you look into the calender period, March fall on the last month of the 1st quarter. April and May are still considered Spring, which falls on the 2nd quarter of the year so we might be looking for March, April or May release months. 

Edited by Ririn

49 minutes ago, Ririn said:

The Kanji character for Spring was used in the Japanese post. If you look into the calender period, March fall on the last month of the 1st quarter. April and May are still considered Spring, which falls on the 2nd quarter of the year so we might be looking for March, April or May release months. 

Yes, that's what I said in the post above yours, heh.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

Yes, that's what I said in the post above yours, heh.

Sorry. >~< I've just noticed the replies after posting. Either way, I am looking forward to the coming months. I hope we could get more info soon. 

1 hour ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I wonder when Nintendo will show more information about this game?

Probably the next direct likely around September. Also I expect famitsu stuff to roll in around that time. 

As for release we know from the recent cipher livestream they're gonna have a series set for Three Houses (S16) I believe and they never release a new game series set until the game is already out so there a good window to speculate.

I hope they will have another possible FE direct solely for Three Houses alone before release but time will tell if that'll happen.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

2 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Probably the next direct likely around September. Also I expect famitsu stuff to roll in around that time. 

As for release we know from the recent cipher livestream they're gonna have a series set for Three Houses (S16) I believe and they never release a new game series set until the game is already out so there a good window to speculate.

I hope they will have another possible FE direct solely for Three Houses alone before release but time will tell if that'll happen.

I imagine we'll get a second trailer around September/October time, and that will be when we start getting Famitsu updates. I'd say around March or close to whenever the game actually releases we'll have a Three Houses centric direct, as Nintendo tend to do those a lot now for big time releases. I can imagine the September/October direct maybe giving us a release month but I highly doubt a date until after the new year.

On 7/9/2018 at 6:37 AM, Book Bro said:

Not to bring up an old debate again, but that's simply not true. What world building did Danved or Heather "require" to exist? Or Flavia and Basilio, beyond "this is a different country from that of the white protagonist"? Or Ike?* Also, I thought we agreed after Fates that what we need more of is in fact better world building. Is it suddenly a bad thing if it's used to bring in more diversity?

Let's remember FE is fiction, and that no game takes place in actual medieval Europe. Continent Y can have a European aesthetic and feature gay dark skinned characters and not have to explain why they're there at all.

* if you accept that he is coded as a gay man.

I was creating an abstraction out of people's complaints of the existence of PoC/LGBTQ characters (for any kind of game, not limited to FE).  I hope that makes sense... If it doesn't, I'll clarify for you or you could read the arguments before my post because I was re-affirming the post I quoted and several of the arguments made prior to my post.

For me personally, I think Fates needed better world-building to explain the story better, not to explain the existence of characters. I think the game had an abundance of world-building in terms of interpersonal relationships. It's just the world itself wasn't as explored through the story. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, senior firehood said:

so a new direct coming in 3 hours, 35 min. i would love to see something about three house again! but if they dont bring something up......dontbe sad!

There wasn't anything but I was expecting this, we will have to wait till November possibly, excited for FF though.

Wow...not even a single mention after all those 2019 games seriously really?!.....I'm a bit disappointed and sad but I like the direct otherwise. Looks like the next direct whenever that'll be (either later this year or January at max) is definite for this game with much needed info. I guess the board's still gonna be barren for a very long while. At least when it does show up again it'll likely look much better since it looked so unpolished at E3 so the wait will definitely be worth it!

I wasn't expecting it in this Direct and I'm still disappointed, especially since it was missing from that sizzle reel as mentioned above. I hope we finally hear about it again in the January Direct.

Then again, FE3H's Cipher debut has been confirmed so we're bound to hear something before those cards are revealed, right..?

Edited by DefyingFates

On 9/13/2018 at 7:47 PM, DefyingFates said:

I wasn't expecting it in this Direct and I'm still disappointed, especially since it was missing from that sizzle reel as mentioned above. I hope we finally hear about it again in the January Direct.

Then again, FE3H's Cipher debut has been confirmed so we're bound to hear something before those cards are revealed, right..?

It was confirmed? For when?

On 9/13/2018 at 7:47 PM, DefyingFates said:

When was this confirmed? Sounds a bit odd to be confirmed so early.

3 hours ago, jake72002 said:

A - ?

B-yleth

C-laude

D-imitri

E-delgard

TELL GNOGGIN RIGHT NOW IT HAS TO BE AZOTH

Aside from all that, the silence for this game is a bit deafening after 90 or so days. We can guess how combat works but we don't have much of a solid idea of the gameplay or how story is at all. It's strange on the FE frontier. I'm going to be conservative and say we'll hear nothing until November.

20 hours ago, Dayni said:

TELL GNOGGIN RIGHT NOW IT HAS TO BE AZOTH

Aside from all that, the silence for this game is a bit deafening after 90 or so days. We can guess how combat works but we don't have much of a solid idea of the gameplay or how story is at all. It's strange on the FE frontier. I'm going to be conservative and say we'll hear nothing until November.

Why November, specifically?

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Why November, specifically?

I'm being pretty conservative about when new information would come out, so I don't assume it'll be the next 6 weeks at least.

I don't have much of a concrete reasoning, it's a gut guess, one that could be proven wrong any minute.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm being pretty conservative about when new information would come out, so I don't assume it'll be the next 6 weeks at least.

I don't have much of a concrete reasoning, it's a gut guess, one that could be proven wrong any minute.

Oh, that's what I was guessing :P I'm much more pessimistic and thinking we'll be waiting 'til another FE Direct in January, but this is one bet I'll be glad to lose!

Edited by DefyingFates

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh, that's what I was guessing :P I'm much more pessimistic and thinking we'll be waiting 'til another FE Direct in January, but this is one bet I'll be glad to lose!

Not to be my usual too negative self but I strongly doubt we'll get another Fire Emblem direct. I mean unless they either announced a Binding Blade remake or it's focused on Three Houses I don't know if we'll have enough content to warrant another. My main thought was we got a 2017 FE direct because of the volume of things announced in 2017 for Fire Emblem. Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Heroes and the FE Switch announcement.

At a time like this where it's still boring here which won't change till more info is given(which won't be for a long while until either a very slim chance before the year is done or January) I wish there was some type of leak/rumor of this game before the next main or Three Houses focused direct happens to bring some type of discussion very wishful thinking....oh well back to occasionally viewing the board till something worthwhile happens.