Wraith

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Xenoblade 3D was a port of a Wii game and had noticable downgrades, with a worse frame rate and even muddier textures and worse pop-in than the original-- exclusive to the hardware revision with a better processor and RAM. Kid Icarus was designed for the groundup from it and went through multiple succesive delays, and Capcom in general was just good at getting every little bit they could out of the 3DS. Really, unless you're an actual videogame developer/programmer, you have no idea what you're talking about to make such ludicrous claims as "it wouldn't be difficult to get it running on a 3DS".

Nintendo doesn't have a record of that at all; heck, to invoke a game you later bring up, between its announcement and launch less than a year later Xenoblade 2 redid the lighting and seems to have completley re-modeled Rex: 

  Reveal hidden contents

DKlAHdYWkAAT4X8.jpg

Breath of the Wild is a port of a Wii U game with very flat textures disguised by more intense lighting/shading-- Doom and Wolfenstein are also super scaled back compared to their releases on other hardware. Xenoblade 2 runs at 720p and 30fps, with it absolutely chugging in handheld mode-- sometimes dipping into the low 20s and down to 480p. And FEW's models, from what I've heard, are slightly worse quality than the Wii U models in Smash 4.

Prove you know what you're talking about, or you're just saying nonsense.

Well, that's a cute way to make a counter argument.

I could just answer, "well, are you a videogame developer/programmer? Because if you're not you have no idea what you're talking about either", and we would both just take our balls and go home, but that doesn't mean anything i said wasn't right, it just seems you didn't like what you read and would rather break even.

I actualy did take a vocational course in programming and computer science, we had a module in C++ and one in Unity where we made a small video game as a project.

Does this mean i am now right and you're wrong? Is this what you call a productive discussion? Credential flinging? As someone who works in this area, i wouldn't dismiss somebody for making a comparison between similar products within it.

What you said about the visuals of the other games is correct, but i don't see the point, FEW models may have worse quality than the Smash models on paper, but they don't look like ass, how good a game looks is not about what numbers and settings you can get on paper, it's also about graphical cohesion and design.

If you look at Super Mario Odyssey on paper, you would think the game would look terrible, but it doesn't, it looks stunning, it's very enjoyable to watch, often times, the way visuals are used will trump a good amount of superior graphical settings.

This Fire Emblem has neither, on paper it is very clearly poor, on screen, it's bland and uninspired, minus a particular design or another of a character that looks interesting on the vast seas of the green puke that's suposed to be grass and the few undetailed trees.

I also didn't say the game won't be upgraded before release, i have no way of knowing this, i hope it is, i just said i was on edge, worried, because in a lot of cases the opposite happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

This is pretty much what I said a little while ago. Plus FE has supposedly become one of the more core Nintendo series thanks to the 3DS games' success, so you'd think they'd put in the resources to make the new title visually impressive like Kirby and plenty of others are on Switch. Graphics aren't everything, but when even a spinoff like Warriors looks better than the latest mainline title, it's a bit concerning.

This is true, yet they still look better than Three Houses seems to in the footage we have. Some of the in-battle footage is especially rough, looking similar to Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode, which often has much more going on on screen too.

See, the closest thing I can compare FETH to is... Persona 5. In terms of the quality of the models and how things looked in general. Obviously very different art styles(Or not, depending on who you ask), but in terms of "anime-inspired 3D RPGs on modern consoles", I'd definitely say it's comparable when it comes to the main characters we've seen. And Persona 5 had bad looking generic models, too.

The thing that does bother me a lot is the framerate, which I desperately, desperately hope is better by the full release, because... That looked chuggy as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, QuestionEmblem said:

2c85e86559e95a903c89d107e1557b8b.thumb.png.f8bc445711ba3e31c56e364eb645edca.png

2d3a3d2f610effb46128ea75211857a0.png

c2941f9ddc8e31dcf35b30228a8efa4a.png

First off, props for actually grabbing quotes, though I would've preferred that little plus sign next to the Quote button.  See, context is important.

And in this case, the context is Fates.  It came out way before this game.  Your claim is that the same people that like Claude's skin color are the ones tearing female fanservice apart.  The issue with using Fates quotes is as follows:

1. The gap between Fates and Three Houses is long enough for people to change their opinions.
2. They're two different games.

So while I appreciate the effort, these quotes don't prove your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, thanny said:

They are, with the exception of the second post. The first and third posts are explicitly tearing the 'fanservicey' parts of the game apart and over-exaggerating the extent of fanservice in Fates. "Stripping, groping, incest, sex talk, etc. all is just blatantly trying to use to sell sex." Did I play a different game? Pray tell me where I can find the feature where I can grope my husbandos/waifus, as far as I can remember all we could do is pet their head and face and not anywhere below their neck. Incest? Wasn't this a forefront and glorified as great storytelling in one of the older FE games, and didn't Fates later reveal Corrin not actually being related to either sides' siblings with the exception of Azura (albeit with weak writing)? "You can't just turn off fanservice when it's EVERYWHERE", wat lol. Aside from Camilla's cutscene in Birthright, a few MALE AND FEMALE characters having a few revealing outfits, two features in MyCastle and the returning Awakening characters, I fail to see this point. So if you take in account of all those blatant unfair accusations towards the game, wouldn't those be insinuated onto the players who enjoyed the games? If I thoroughly enjoyed Fates or didn't mind the fanservice aspects of the game, should I be condemned and insulted as perverted, waifu-loving otaku because apparently Fates is such a horrible game for having these sinful and horrible features? Because that's what I'm getting out of from those posts.

Talking about the fanservice elements and how they don't like them is in no way saying that people who like those elements are a problem. Saying that they don't like those elements and that Fates didn't appeal to them because of it is not the same thing as saying that people who like those elements are the problem. They can not like something while acknowledging that others do and that that's okay, which is exactly what those post are doing.

Edited by Maimishou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eclipse said:

First off, props for actually grabbing quotes, though I would've preferred that little plus sign next to the Quote button.  See, context is important.

And in this case, the context is Fates.  It came out way before this game.  Your claim is that the same people that like Claude's skin color are the ones tearing female fanservice apart.  The issue with using Fates quotes is as follows:

1. The gap between Fates and Three Houses is long enough for people to change their opinions.
2. They're two different games.

So while I appreciate the effort, these quotes don't prove your point.

Believe it or not, this is actually the first time i post in a forum, so i barely know how this works.

My claim was not that people who simply like Claude's skin colour are tearing female fan service apart, my claim was that the same people who will say that the game is now good because it has a "dark skinned character" also tend to be against "male oriented fan service", it might have sounded the same but it's completely different, context is important.

This was also in response to what i thought was a great quote from Nyainou, that reminded me of the "tearing female fan service apart" people, as you discribed them.

While i understand your issues with my post, i also have a few with what i think you're asking of me:

1. There is no empirically proven amount of time for anyone to change their opinions, someone may have an opinion in one minute, change it in the next and then change it once again on the third minute in a conversation, as such i find it difficult to find a quote that you would find suitable, since even a quote from 5 minutes ago could no longer be valid, as this person could have changed their opinion on the subject in that short period of time and i have no way to prove otherwise.

2. The grievances being discussed by these posters are based on their values and personal feelings, i don't see where the games being different comes into the equation. For example, one of the posters took issues with "sexy talking". Did the poster take issues with "sexy talking" exclusively because this was Fire Emblem Fates, or did he take issues with the "sexy talking" in Fire Emblem Fates because this poster does not like it in their games or just in general? What about the stripping and groping? I would find it bizarre for them to be so upset over all of these being present only, and exclusively, in this specific video game.

Respectfully, i do not think using quotes related to Fates has any issues whatsoever.

I also regret that in my post, i did not hide Janoss' name, as i find it unsavory to bring people's names into a discussion they are not directly involved in and would like to apologize to him if he does see this at any point.

Edited by QuestionEmblem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QuestionEmblem said:

Believe it or not, this is actually the first time i post in a forum, so i barely know how this works.

My claim was not that people who simply like Claude's skin colour are tearing female fan service apart, my claim was that the same people who will say that the game is now good because it has a "dark skinned character" also tend to be against "male oriented fan service", it might have sounded the same but it's completely different, context is important.

This was also in response to what i thought was a great quote from Nyainou, that reminded me of the "tearing female fan service apart" people, as you discribed them.

While i understand your issues with my post, i also have a few with what i think you're asking of me:

1. There is no empirically proven amount of time for anyone to change their opinions, someone may have an opinion in one minute, change it in the next and then change it once again on the third minute in a conversation, as such i find it difficult to find a quote that you would find suitable, since even a quote from 5 minutes ago could no longer be valid, as this person could have changed their opinion on the subject in that short period of time and i have no way to prove otherwise.

2. The grievances being discussed by these posters are based on their values and personal feelings, i don't see where the games being different come into the equation. For example, one of the posters took issues with "sexy talking". Did the poster take issues with "sexy talking" exclusively because this was Fire Emblem Fates, or did he take issues with the "sexy talking" in Fire Emblem Fates because this poster does not like it in their games or just in general? What about the stripping and groping? I would find it bizarre for them to be so upset over all of these being present only, and exclusively, in this specific video game.

Respectfully, i do not think using quotes related to Fates have any issues whatsoever.

I also regret that in my post, i did not hide Janoss' name, as i find it unsavory to bring people's names into a discussion they are not directly involved in and would like to apologize to him if he does see this at any point.

I want to see who's doing the talking, and in what context.  I'd argue that NOT including that information is dishonest - it's already public, so you're not doing anyone any favors by hiding them.  Show me who said what, when, and in what context.  They can defend their publicly-stated opinions, if necessary.

Your first point IS outright dishonest.  Three years is different from five minutes, and we both know that.  If you can't be sensible about this, I'm going to assume that you don't have a better answer, other than cherry-picking.

Second, context.  Which there would've been if you'd actually cited where you pulled those quotes from.

Since Fates was a drastically different game than Three Houses, with its own controversies, your comparison doesn't hold.  I don't tolerate labels for the sake of attacking.  You're free to think what you want, but you're not free to take a dump on a group that you haven't even proved exists (because none of those people supposedly said anything about Claude).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I don't want to spoil anything about the game for myself, I'll just say this: My expectations are at an all-time low. I've learned from the Fates-fiasco and I won't make the same mistake again.
With that being said: The art style screams Persona to me and I am not sure how to feel about it. One one hand, I like it, on the other, I am sceptical as to how a Persona art style fits a more medieval setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thanny said:

I don't even know where to start with this. This is the hypocrisy I see around here and THE reason why the Fire Emblem community is so fractured.

Me?  A hypocrite?  Grrr-

I think I need to step back from this thread and think.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Okay.  So I did some thinking, and I know what I did wrong.

15 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The rationale is quite simple.  One is overused and growing stale and the other isn't.

13 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Why, yes.  That's exactly right.

So what I ended up doing was expressing an opinion that I thought (and still want to think) was a fact ...and then unwittingly trying to distance myself from other people who think this in my next response.

...And I just lost the game.  Naga d*mn it.

I believe that a hypocrite is the worst thing someone could possibly be, because it means you have no personal integrity whatsoever.  Seeing myself called one, I felt personally attacked and thought I needed to do something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, QuestionEmblem said:

Well, that's a cute way to make a counter argument.

I could just answer, "well, are you a videogame developer/programmer? Because if you're not you have no idea what you're talking about either", and we would both just take our balls and go home, but that doesn't mean anything i said wasn't right, it just seems you didn't like what you read and would rather break even.

I actualy did take a vocational course in programming and computer science, we had a module in C++ and one in Unity where we made a small video game as a project.

Does this mean i am now right and you're wrong? Is this what you call a productive discussion? Credential flinging? As someone who works in this area, i wouldn't dismiss somebody for making a comparison between similar products within it.

What you said about the visuals of the other games is correct, but i don't see the point, FEW models may have worse quality than the Smash models on paper, but they don't look like ass, how good a game looks is not about what numbers and settings you can get on paper, it's also about graphical cohesion and design.

If you look at Super Mario Odyssey on paper, you would think the game would look terrible, but it doesn't, it looks stunning, it's very enjoyable to watch, often times, the way visuals are used will trump a good amount of superior graphical settings.

This Fire Emblem has neither, on paper it is very clearly poor, on screen, it's bland and uninspired, minus a particular design or another of a character that looks interesting on the vast seas of the green puke that's suposed to be grass and the few undetailed trees.

I also didn't say the game won't be upgraded before release, i have no way of knowing this, i hope it is, i just said i was on edge, worried, because in a lot of cases the opposite happens.

So basically, I was right and you're just talking about vague "visual cohesion" and stuff; which I doubt is a huge focus a year before release (since as I said, footage from trailer are often from older builds).

It's especially weird to compare it to FEW, as a lot of the textures are just photos imported in and used as such (most infamously being the stones in Shirishagi's courtyard)-- making the whole "anime styled characters in a photorealistic world" complaint far more applicable (and punny).

My main sticking points where (a) claiming the game could easily run on 3DS, and (b) acting like the game will get worse visually from now to release (something I said doesn't really happen with 1st party Nintendo games, and directly used an example to back it up; though the closest example I can think off to back that up is FEW's announcement trailer, being a lot sharper and smoother than the final game-- and that was mostly in KT's court). 
This is the earliest an FE game has been shown off, to my knowledge (all the 3DS games were within 6 months of release, with Fates building off of an already established engine and SoV re-using a ton from it)-- likely simply to have something else to show at E3 and finally give in and acknowlede it exists after a year and a half of nothing.

Maybe I shouldn't have been as heated, but you sounded like the people on Neogaf who were honestly arguing the Switch was only going to be half as powerful as the Wii U-- a ludicrous claim that almost wasn't worth arguing with.
I don't see the point of complaining and doomsday predictions about the graphics when we don't even have a solid release date and the visuals are several months old already. If we get a lot closer to release and it hasn't improved, then okay; but right now, I think you're drastically overreacting.

Edited by The DanMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if I'm a fire emblem noob so far this game doesn't look too great.

The characters during battle look strange to me, But I'm a noob about everyone here most likely has a better opinion than me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

My main sticking points where (a) claiming the game could easily run on 3DS

Which is a claim i didn't make, you're implying i said it would easily run on 3DS if you just put it as is.

I said it would be able to run without many changes, changing resolutions isn't "many" changes.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

and (b) acting like the game will get worse visually from now to release (something I said doesn't really happen with 1st party Nintendo games, and directly used an example to back it up; though the closest example I can think off to back that up is FEW's announcement trailer, being a lot sharper and smoother than the final game-- and that was mostly in KT's court). 

This is what i said to you in my last post:

"I also didn't say the game won't be upgraded before release, i have no way of knowing this, i hope it is, i just said i was on edge, worried, because in a lot of cases the opposite happens."

If what you take from this is acting/implying the game WILL look worse than the trailer, i don't think this conversation is going anywhere, because at this point, you're just "hearing" what you want to "hear", as i not only didn't say that, i specified in the second post that i was NOT saying that and yet here you are sticking to it.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

So basically, I was right and you're just talking about vague "visual cohesion" and stuff

You can declare yourself right all you want, but all i did was state my opinion on the way the game looks, and i don't think someone's opinion is something you can be right on over them, and then said that the game, from the images in the trailer, could run on a 3DS without many changes, as in, a few changes would have to be made. You also mentioned how Xenoblade lowered the texture resolution and draw distance, these aren't "many" changes, if anything you just identified a way to make Three Houses run on the 3DS. You also said FEW uses imported photographs, but this is actualy a common practice in video games, a lot of the grass, wall and wood textures you see in games are imported photographs, i even remember seeing tires and tin cans in some of the textures in Dark Souls 2.

You seem to have gotten a bit heated arguing against two claims.

One that i did not make, about the game looking worse than the trailers on release.

One that i absolutely made, that the game could be ported to the 3DS, i don't think you showed me anything that would make me think otherwise, if anything, your Xenoblade 3D example just stated exactly what those few changes could be to get it running on the 3DS, so i still stand by what i said.

Is this the part where i say you have no idea what you're talking about unless you're a programmer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO it would take quite some work to improve what we've seen in the trailer into something that looks okay, never mind visually appealing. I don't realistically expect them to change many assets, if at all, in a direction that would suit my taste better, but I at least hope that they would prioritize improving the following things:

- 3D character models (which also include generics): I know IntSys is aiming for a more stylized look, but the cel-shading technique they're using makes the units look distinctively different and don't blend well with the surrounding environment. The unit models look like they're from a different game entirely and just badly photoshopped in there, especially in that scene where Claude's squad is firing arrows at the robot, the units and their enemy (the robot) are using two different styles. The 3DS games' character models are low quality, but at least they blend well with the environment.  Three Houses' character models also have some weird lighting (or whatever it's called) on their clothes/armors like Byleth's in this picture for example:

 

jXSD6qy.jpg

- Resolution:  For a supposed HD game, the blurriness is very apparent even when you play the trailer in 1080p. In the scene where the mage is casting a fireball, you can barely see the caster's and the generic soldier's facial features (and yes, I know they're standing on a higher ground, but that distance shouldn't have made people's faces seem almost non-existent). I don't think FE is the type of game that is so hardware-demanding to the point where you'd have to sacrifice resolution for it to run properly.

- Animated cutscenes' frame rate: Many people have already pointed this out so I don't have anything to add.

Edited by Ryo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those complaining about the graphics, keep in mind than the game is still a good 7 - 10 months away, I doubt that graphics were the biggest priority as opposed to just getting the game ready to be shown at E3, there is this one scene out of mario odyssey which looked kinda meh at first showing, but looked great after release, so I think that we should hold off on these criticisms until it is shown off in december or january, because it seems pointless to even bother.

Edited by thecrimsonflash
Stupid link wasn't working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

for those complaining about the graphics, keep in mind than the game is still a good 7 - 10 months away, I doubt that graphics were the biggest priority as opposed to just getting the game ready to be shown at E3, there is this one scene out of mario odyssey which looked kinda meh at first showing, but looked great after release, so I think that we should hold off on these criticisms until it is shown off in december or january, because it seems pointless to even bother.

yeah that graphic update comes maybe in the future or..........we dont saw all of it ( i mean tier 2 class or other staff like support). right now, we can nothing do just waiting for more infos,  but now we know how much we must wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eclipse said:

I want to see who's doing the talking, and in what context.  I'd argue that NOT including that information is dishonest - it's already public, so you're not doing anyone any favors by hiding them.  Show me who said what, when, and in what context.  They can defend their publicly-stated opinions, if necessary.

Your first point IS outright dishonest.  Three years is different from five minutes, and we both know that.  If you can't be sensible about this, I'm going to assume that you don't have a better answer, other than cherry-picking.

Second, context.  Which there would've been if you'd actually cited where you pulled those quotes from.

Since Fates was a drastically different game than Three Houses, with its own controversies, your comparison doesn't hold.  I don't tolerate labels for the sake of attacking.  You're free to think what you want, but you're not free to take a dump on a group that you haven't even proved exists (because none of those people supposedly said anything about Claude).

I think i see the disconect, i was not particularly specific in my comparison, i wanted to try to be very particular with the words i choose for this not to happen, but i slipped up as i wrote the second Claude post in a more casual manner after a small, pleasant exchange of posts with Nyainou.

What i meant was that those who will say there should be more "representation" of other races, or going as far as to say Fire Emblem exhibits racist tendencies, and that more of this "representation" would make the game better can also be seen decrying male oritented fan service and the more sexual aspects of female characters in Fire Emblem.

I supose, by my sloppily written post, it would be difficult to find, or take a dump, on a group as specific as "people who praised Three Houses exclusively for Claude being a darker shade of skin colour, while also having complained about fan service in the past, contained within Serene's Forest", but this is no ones fault by my own not thinking enough before posting.

I do stand by what i said two paragraphs above and am confident in my ability to provide proof of these posters, should that be necessary.

My first point is not outright dishonest, and i don't understand why you would label me as a dishonest person before discussing a clarification of my statements with me, particularly after you said you take issue with labels for the sake of attacking.

Three years is obviously different from five minutes, but how long does someone take to change their opinions? You seem to want to use something as abstract as "time taken to change an opinion" as an empirical metric, when this is obviously not possible, i would say that, until the person states they have changed their opinion on an issue, the best we common non-mind readers can do is assume that person still holds to that. I frankly don't understand what is dishonest about not wanting the requirement of validity for the quotes i presented to be an abstract, individual dependent concept.

I pulled the first two from a user who was quoting other users in a thread about fan service, i took screenshots because, as i have said, i have nil experience in forums and i'm just learning as i go since...yesterday.

The context is that those quotes are self contained opinions about fan service, using Fates as the example, in a thread about fan service.

I don't know how relevant these last two points are considering i messed up in specifying Claude, something that limits the subject of what i actualy meant to mere days ago.

I did see people in this thread saying the game is looking to be good just from Claude being dark and this i can provide proof of, but i don't know how worth it that would be by itself, as i just wanted to originally state, at the end of my opinions on Three Houses that i disagreed with this and didn't need my physical attributes represented in a video game to enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, QuestionEmblem said:

Which is a claim i didn't make, you're implying i said it would easily run on 3DS if you just put it as is.

I said it would be able to run without many changes, changing resolutions isn't "many" changes.

Semantics. "Easily", "without many changes"; I'd say it's pretty similar.
Also, as I specified in my first post, Xenoblade 3D was a Wii port (two console generations back) and still managed to be a notable step back in overall visuals and performance.

4 hours ago, QuestionEmblem said:

This is what i said to you in my last post:

"I also didn't say the game won't be upgraded before release, i have no way of knowing this, i hope it is, i just said i was on edge, worried, because in a lot of cases the opposite happens."

If what you take from this is acting/implying the game WILL look worse than the trailer, i don't think this conversation is going anywhere, because at this point, you're just "hearing" what you want to "hear", as i not only didn't say that, i specified in the second post that i was NOT saying that and yet here you are sticking to it.

You made a specific point earlier on about most games looking wose than their trailers; it's a very basic inference to make, especially with other users being just as doom-and-gloom.
To me, it seems like you simply backpedaled; but, whatever.

4 hours ago, QuestionEmblem said:

You also said FEW uses imported photographs, but this is actualy a common practice in video games, a lot of the grass, wall and wood textures you see in games are imported photographs, i even remember seeing tires and tin cans in some of the textures in Dark Souls 2.

You were talking about "visual cohesion" and brought up FEW; I know it's not uncommon for a few textures to be imported photos, but FEW did it far more than normal with a lot of it just out in the open.

My entire point from the start was simply that you were being nitpicky and it's way too early to judge; you're the one who brought a bunch of other stuff in and now seem to be trying to confuse the point. I don't really see anything else coming of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You keep repeating yourself about your interpretations of what i said when i already clarified what i was saying twice, so i will try to be short and concise, to see if you read what i say instead of reading what you want me to say.

22 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Semantics. "Easily", "without many changes"; I'd say it's pretty similar.

What you say doesn't change what words mean, and neither does removing the words from the context of the phrase.

"My main sticking points where (a) claiming the game could easily run on 3DS" -> The game can easily run on a 3DS if you put what you have right now on it.

"It would be able to run without many changes" -> The game can be ported to a 3DS if you make a few alterations to what you have right now.

28 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

You made a specific point earlier on about most games looking wose than their trailers; it's a very basic inference to make, especially with other users being just as doom-and-gloom.
To me, it seems like you simply backpedaled; but, whatever.

In the industry, the majority of them do, any Ubisoft game for example, you brought up that Nintendo never does this, i hope they don't, but i literaly did not say whether it would look better or worse post release, i commented on what i saw, quote me the part of my post where i said "Three Houses will look worse than the trailer after it is released".

You, again, read what you want, not what i say, where am i backpedaling?

I said the game looks bad, i stand by this 100%.
I said the game could be ported to a 3DS with a few changes, i stand by this 100%.
I said i was fearful and had low expectations, i am and i do.

Where's the backpedaling? Is this you declaring yourself right once again?

36 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

You were talking about "visual cohesion" and brought up FEW; I know it's not uncommon for a few textures to be imported photos, but FEW did it far more than normal with a lot of it just out in the open.

Yes, it did.

Yes, i wish Three Houses looked like it.

Your point?

39 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

My entire point from the start was simply that you were being nitpicky and it's way too early to judge; you're the one who brought a bunch of other stuff in and now seem to be trying to confuse the point. I don't really see anything else coming of this.

Nitpicky, would be me picking a specific thing, such as the armor on Teacher and focusing on that particular aspect looking terrible, which it does as you can see from a post from a user in this thread.

I am saying, the game, in it's majority, looks below expectations and below what the Switch can obviously achieve. The "bunch of other stuff" was me drawing examples of games, on the Switch, that look better than Three Houses, including FEW, because it has what i think is a faithful rendition of FE characters in HD.

I also don't see much coming from this either, if all my responses are going to have to be me adressing your speculations of what i'm saying, instead of my actual posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As I don't want to spoil anything about the game for myself, I'll just say this: My expectations are at an all-time low. I've learned from the Fates-fiasco and I won't make the same mistake again.
With that being said: The art style screams Persona to me and I am not sure how to feel about it. One one hand, I like it, on the other, I am sceptical as to how a Persona art style fits a more medieval setting.

My secret is to have zero expectations.  That way, I'm always impressed.

10 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Me?  A hypocrite?  Grrr-

I think I need to step back from this thread and think.

. . .I'm going to allow this double-post.  Because stepping back IRL when you're not thinking straight is a Good Thing.

5 hours ago, GenricRunner said:

Even if I'm a fire emblem noob so far this game doesn't look too great.

The characters during battle look strange to me, But I'm a noob about everyone here most likely has a better opinion than me. 

Newbie or not, you're free to have an opinion.  I don't have any issues with the way you've expressed yours.  Keep an eye on the news, though - perhaps things will turn out better in the future.

3 hours ago, QuestionEmblem said:

I did see people in this thread saying the game is looking to be good just from Claude being dark and this i can provide proof of, but i don't know how worth it that would be by itself, as i just wanted to originally state, at the end of my opinions on Three Houses that i disagreed with this and didn't need my physical attributes represented in a video game to enjoy it.

I'm just going to cut it down to this.

This is a good point.  Instead of talking about some group of people, you're talking about why you disagree with their assessment.  It's not a reason everyone can claim, but in your case - perfectly relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to the party it seems.

 

I haven't given the trailer any lengthy analysis, but unlike what a majority of users were echoing within the first few pages, I actually like the art direction. It's something new and different for the series, and I always welcome positive change. Something such as taste in art style is purely subjective, and while I've no qualms with the previous artistic direction, I'm interested to see more of their stylistic decisions. The artistic direction has no impact on gameplay, and at the end of the day I'm playing Fire Emblem for the gameplay. Changing the art is merely a lateral movement.

 

The "army" behind units is a nice touch. I don't really carry strong feelings one way or the other about it.

 

The track playing for the trailer was nice, definitely a lot better than the feature song for Fates.

 

Didn't look into the gritty details for anything else, but my initial impressions from the trailer certainly leave me yearning to learn more about our latest Fire Emblem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok..for this game, I would like then to show off the growth rates within the game in some fashion.

Let's put it this way. Even if units are balanced to the point that you can use anyone, casuals still have no clue about a units usefulness and the flaws of a unit. Heck, I myself had to check how good nomah is even though echoes had all units being usable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eclipse said:

My secret is to have zero expectations.  That way, I'm always impressed.

"Don't expect anything, then you can't be disappointed", a motto I've been living by since I was a young child. I betrayed it with Fates, though. And look how that turned out.
Lesson learned: Stay true to your ideals, kids.

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.