Fire Emblem: Three Houses and "Seasons" in its lore?

I thought Tree Houses was for the three nobles houses that are showed at the beginning on the world map.

I just realized, they changed the lettering style in the logo to one that's similar to the much cooler one used for PoR and RD. PoR and RD still look better with the fiery colors/effects, but this is a nice change! I never liked the ones used for Awakening and Fates. They just bored me compared to the GBA and Tellius logos.

This game looks SO good though! Can't wait to learn more!

Edited by Anacybele

I wonder how nature will play a role in this game. 
When you think this game will be a commentary on religious hypocrisy but is really about nature conservation.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

A friend of mine pointed out that the title can also mean a love affair or a romantic night. So romance may play a key part in the story.

Funny thing about that

I said this in another post, but surely, the symbols (floral or wind symbol, snowflake, moon) and names in this map (Fresbelgr, Bladad, Regan), the name of the characters (エーデルガルト フォン フレスベルグ, ディミトリ アレクサンドル ブレーダッド, クロード フォン リーガン), and the English title being 'Three Houses' while the Japanese title being '風花雪月' can't be a coincidence.

Spoiler

Njhiekq.png

56 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Funny thing about that

. . .shit, you just explained something else that's been bugging me for several years.

Maybe we'll see political marriage among other things instead.

Religion going cuckoo in the story and all the talk of romamce reminds me of Ribald Tales of Faith War. If they implement marriage and/or children, maybe when you S support certain characters and when children were born might have an effect on the story?

Gameplay wise, maybe it might be similar to Heroes' elemental Arena seasons or Tellius's bio rythm, where the progression of time has certain effects on units or even factions.

This is a really far stretch, but I would really like to see a weather system implemented in Fire Emblem like in Advance Wars, so maybe one faction does really well in the snow and they launch a surprise attack at the start of winter at the beginning of the game or something and that gets the plot going.

3 hours ago, EdeaCreamer said:

I'm just looking forward to the 'T(h)ree House Translation' memes, at this point.

Half the time I read "Three Houses" with my eyes, my mind reads "Treehouse" instead. It unnecessarily stokes the dread and fear of having Treehouse localize this game far too many times. 

Perhaps IS may bring back weather effects similar to the ones in the GBA titles, if they are going to play around with the idea of seasons.

Edit: 夏風(summer breeze): flying units gains movement bonuses, as the wind allows them to travel faster.

春風 (s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶e̶z̶e̶)̶:̶ ̶f̶l̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶u̶s̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶.̶

Edit: 春花(spring blossom): healing tiles/fields?

夏雨(̶s̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶)̶:̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶n̶a̶l̶t̶i̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶z̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶w̶o̶r̶d̶.̶

秋月(autumn moon): the battlefields are shrouded in darkness. You have to rely on torches and moonlights to guide you through the map. Not sure if anyone is hyped about "Fog of War" coming back, though.

冬雪(winter snow): It could be a mix of "Fog of War" and movement restriction situation. Probably won't happen, as I don't think many tactic/strategy players have that much patience to drag individual unit cumbersomely across the field. 

Anyways, what an exciting trailer! That new "Formation" feature is a really nice touch. Imagine that combines with terrain elevations and effects, so many possibilities(hopefully).

Wish y'all a good one.

Edited by Generic_Enemy_Knight_#???
misc.

Maybe it's split into four games and they'll be released in an episodic manner every three months during 2019 to coincide with the seasons, with the last one making a Christmas gift to complete the set.