Super Smash Brothers Ultimate December Launch Tourney Sign ups

Jedi

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

You mean Kalos? Because Unova isn't on there. Anyway, i agree and i'd also rather not have Smashville and Town and City because i'm just really tired of seeing those two stages (though that's clearly a personal reason and it shouldn't affect the stage list).

My recommendation: use this stage list but replace Kalos League with Fountain of Dreams, Smashville with Wily Castle and Town and City with Find Mii, which i believe is a god legal stage with hazards off. If not, then i've heard hazardless Dracula's Castle is a good stage.

But you're the one who's planning this so it's all up to you in the end.

Yeah I meant Kalos oops. 

I'll likely be pinning up this list in the next few weeks. 

9 hours ago, Johann said:

I'm going to be busy that entire weekend and won't get a chance to play. Hope that doesn't mean I'll miss it

I'll have to see how everyone else is around the time too, we'll figure it out and plus I plan on tons of events. 

5 hours ago, DreadFighter said:

I may be interested in this, but the issue is I wouldn't be able to play until after my finals end (20th of December) due to bad college wifi. Is it all in one weekend or are there deadlines? Worst case I'll just enter one in the future.

I want to get these done asap but the structure is still in dev, part of the issue that grew in later 4 tournaments on here/the sf smash discord are that people stalled for tons of time or got incredibly lazy or busy, so I want to not have that happen again.

Edited by Ashen Jedi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our stage list is beginning to look like this thanks to Euklyd and PKL

;Starters: 
Battlefield              ; consider YI/DL64 but prob not needed
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams [ON]
Smashville         [ON]
Yoshi's Island     [ON]  ; may need to be switched to OFF if shy guys are an issue
Lylat Cruise       [OFF]
Pokémon Stadium 2  [OFF] ; possibly also PS1/Unova/Kalos?

;Counterpick: 
Town & City     [ON]
Arena Ferox     [OFF]
Castle Siege    [OFF]
Frigate Orpheon [OFF]
Warioware       [OFF]

;Consider:
Gamer   [Off]
Skyloft [Off] ; sharking could be an issue but i don't want to dismiss it immediately
```

Edited by Ashen Jedi

As a more visual version of what @Ashen Jedi posted:

nuC6WgAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

To explain some things:

• There's been some discussion about SV; SV needs hazards ON. With hazards OFF, it's basically Yoshi's Island (SSBB) but more boring, and removes its competitive niche w/ the moving platform. It does get less friendly to offstage kills (Sheikville) but with the wider stagelist this is less of an issue; you can ban it against Sheik.
  • Lylat w/ hazards OFF doesn't tilt. Obv an improvement.
  • PS1 w/ hazards OFF is simply a way better stage; the transforms are jank.
  • T&C requires hazards ON, otherwise platform camping and vertical kills become huge issues.
  • I think everything else about the CPs is self-explanatory. HMU w/ questions if not.
  • Brinstar has weird running interactions with the base of it from the sounds of things, so it's not obvious how viable it is, even with hazards OFF.
  • It's unclear exactly how viable hazards OFF Gamer is.
  • Kalos league w/ hazards OFF does have side platforms, and it remains to be seen whether they're (a) bad or (b) too similar to frozen Stadium.
  • Skyloft platforms are awkward and the stage is made for sharking. It's unknown how degenerate sharking as a strat would be in Ult, though, so who knows?

If there are questions, preferably tag me on Discord, cuz I don't check threads frequently. Otherwise, someone reading this thread will probably tag me and I may or may not make my way over here.

As a separate note: 2GG has posted their preliminary ruleset; I'd suggest taking a look: 

I have a couple issues with it (vanilla stadium is garbage) but it's pretty reasonable overall.

1 minute ago, Ashen Jedi said:

Yes.

I would actually change the selection process; with a bigger stagelist we'll need more bans for counterpicks, possibly switching up DSR (as seen in the 2GG ruleset), and starters may have to snake differently as well.