Will you be able to choose which house you start in?

Tsak

1 hour ago, alatartheblue42 said:

But if Birthright's the only FE you've played, I definitely recommend you try some other ones. None of them are perfect by any means, but I've never found one I didn't enjoy playing.

Nah, Birthright was my first game. I do have a copy of Echoes though I think I stopped at the end of Act III so I need to get back to that at some point. But yeah, I don't really think there's anything wrong with a generic plot if the execution is handled well which is why I wouldn't call Birthright mediocre. Yeah the plots could be better but as long as they're executed well I'm happy.

No, I don't think this will be a "choose your path" kind of game again. A lot of things shown in the trailer are showing me that Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude are all in an academy of sorts together and during that time that realize that the church is up to no good so they decide to join forces to fight together "one path" against the church and save the world from corrupt nobles, politicians, priests, and ultimately a god. 

Edited by halvey

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think that's the case. Both names put emphasis on individuality of each character. I rare say both "Three Houses" and "Four Seasons" point on conflict of three (+1).

Ooh so not three paths! Just highlighting how significant and unique each protagonist is to the story 

and maybe we get 30+ less important people who can sadly die like pre-awakening games where people die for reals ;( 

I really doubt it. There was a heavy emphasis on Edelgard. In fact, we hardly saw Dimitri or Claude during the trailer and we only know they're important because their portraits were released later on with verbal confirmation. So I get the impression this story is linear; we start with Edelgard and go from there.

Still, I'd luuuv to start in Claude's house. ;p

Tbh I'm starting to think that the story set up would probably be a lot more similar to FE7 than Fates. I wouldn't be surprised if Edelgard's story is the first 10 chapters than Dimitri/Claude take over for the rest of the game.

49 minutes ago, nyainou said:

I really doubt it. There was a heavy emphasis on Edelgard. In fact, we hardly saw Dimitri or Claude during the trailer and we only know they're important because their portraits were released later on with verbal confirmation. So I get the impression this story is linear; we start with Edelgard and go from there.

Still, I'd luuuv to start in Claude's house. ;p

Yeah, I see it same way. Sure three path option exist regardless how much we speculate, but you certainly can have three waring noble houses with important Lords even on linear or semi-linear storyline as well.

Well I personally would bet on fork ala Fe6, you start linear then you decide if you want ally with Claude or Dimitri (alternatively in which order you want beat some sense into them) and then go back to linear story where you beat evil dragon in the end. 

Well, if it were three path. Axe lord is only choice. It doesn't even matter this time it's nice looking female axe lord (though it certainly helps)

Edited by Tenzen12

You don't get to pick your house. The sorting hat does it for you.

No, I don't think you will or should. Edelgard seems to be framed as your main companion, and you'll join up with the others later. The way Edelgard looks up to you makes it seem like you'll have the strongest bond with her.

3 routes would definitely be a mistep in Fates is any indication. They just didn't have the budget or time to make it work.