The 21 Crests/Emblems (for quick reference)

Nothing too special, but if anybody wants the crests from the tapestry without having to turn your head all the time, here you go:

21-emblems.jpg

For reference, going from top to bottom and left to right, crests 1, 9 and 17 seem to be the most important, in that they correspond to the crests/flags visible on the world map.

I'm also getting Genealogy of the Gods and Hoshido/Nohr vibes from the symbols and their arrangements in the outer circle.

1 hour ago, Philranger said:

Was definitely gonna say that 19 reminded me of the Grima marks on Robin's hand.

Definitely. I don't know why, since it looks nothing like it, but 16 reminds me of the Yllisean crest generally, and Emmeryn specifically.

3 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Definitely. I don't know why, since it looks nothing like it, but 16 reminds me of the Yllisean crest generally, and Emmeryn specifically.

See that one looks a lot more like the crest that Tiki has in her Awakening incarnation than the exalt brand to me.

1 hour ago, owletttt said:

Fairly certain one of those crests was on the old man's cape from the trailer.

Just checked for myself. It bears some similarity to #19, but the symbol on his cape (and left spaulder) doesn't match any of the crests.

I don't know what most of these crests mean, BUT THEY'RE TO BLAME.

Interestingly enough, Edelgard doesn't seem crazy about them but they may have royal/noble times, as it seems like all 3 houses have their own crest. I wonder if they're merely family symbols or artifacts held by the families. Who knows.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, The_antithesis said:

Crest 12 Seems almost completely faded, and a lot of the others have grey marks on them. I wonder if that's symbolic of anything.

My guess is that it's going to be Blythe/MU's house. They'll have this "Fallen From Grace" storyline, giving them the noble ranking to be comfortable with royalty but the humblness to get along with those of the lower class.

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Not sure about "all these images", but I found this one on Danbooru.

I'm... not seeing anything.

Anyways, I'm expecting the "crests" themselves to be something else and these to just be emblems for individual noble houses.

59 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'm... not seeing anything.

Anyways, I'm expecting the "crests" themselves to be something else and these to just be emblems for individual noble houses.

Go a bit up. He was talking about the "Shining" pic of Eldegard

Plot twist: The symbols on the crests are the letters of the language that Serios and possibly their kind speak. The noble houses are marked by Serios in the same way that a farmer brands his cows. It’s a symbol of possession and servitude. 

Crest #17 look like a reversed image of the Moon Rune from the Suikoden series.

Spoiler

Vampire Emblem actually confirmed?

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge
grammar

15 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Plot twist: The symbols on the crests are the letters of the language that Serios and possibly their kind speak. The noble houses are marked by Serios in the same way that a farmer brands his cows. It’s a symbol of possession and servitude. 

That would be very interesting. From my observations, they may represent the nobles houses of the various nations on the continent. A few look similar to other things we've seen. One looks somewhat like the Grima mark, another looks like the Ylissean crest. And the style reminds me of Nohr and Hoshido...