The 21 Crests/Emblems (for quick reference)

uhm..i look a the crests and it looks like the dirty ones somehow seperate the other crests...does that mean from clean crest to dirty crest that is one group?  sry for bad english but i hope u understand. Is there a possible that each house have strongs and weakness? maybe like....21 houses...house A have strong sniper but weak assassins...house b have strong magicans but weak...priests^^ sounds silly i know

On 6/27/2018 at 7:29 AM, PrincessAlyson said:

That would be very interesting. From my observations, they may represent the nobles houses of the various nations on the continent. A few look similar to other things we've seen. One looks somewhat like the Grima mark, another looks like the Ylissean crest. And the style reminds me of Nohr and Hoshido...

The game that ties Awakening and Fates together? Oh dear. 

So after watching the trailer again I noticed that the automaton that Claude is fighting has a crest that looks similar to number 1 and 6, but isn't actually like them. So now I'm wondering if the tapestry only showed the crests of the original houses. If instead of being a physical object, the crests actually represent each individual house then it would make sense why there are some that don't look like the ones on the tapestry exactly but still resemble some of them. Over time some of the houses probably merged together, fell from grace, or had their crests changed for some other reason.

Although this probably isn't true since Edelgard seems to be speaking of the crests as if they were actual objects. There does still seem to be more then what we see in the tapestry. Even the ones that are obscured don't really seem to resemble the one on the automaton much.

What if, kind of like the opposite of SS, the army's main goal late game is to destroy each crest which is still in the grasp of the church loyalists. Say about 10 of the 21 houses are sided with Edelgard, thus their crests have been destroyed already, the 5 obscured ones are from dead houses who's crests have been claimed by either side, and the remaining ones are being protected by the Church of Seiros, while the player's army wants to destroy them. This would also have some interesting implications for Edelgard, as she could become a bit obsessed with taking all of the crests and destroying them, making quite a unique road of development for a main character.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, ElectiveToast said:

The game that ties Awakening and Fates together? Oh dear.

Hopefully not. Some crests just remind me of different things. I think someone else mentioned that a few reminded them of the Nohrian style. 

23 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

What if, kind of like the opposite of SS, the army's main goal late game is to destroy each crest which is still in the grasp of the church loyalists. Say about 10 of the 21 houses are sided with Edelgard, thus their crests have been destroyed already, the 5 obscured ones are from dead houses who's crests have been claimed by either side, and the remaining ones are being protected by the Church of Seiros, while the player's army wants to destroy them. This would also have some interesting implications for Edelgard, as she could become a bit obsessed with taking all of the crests and destroying them, making quite a unique road of development for a main character.

Destroying them would be an interesting twist. I just hope the church isn't all evil. That is such an overused trope. It could be that there are a few officials in the church that are corrupt and need to be ousted or something. I'd rather a mostly good but flawed church than yet a another evil cult thing.

11 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Destroying them would be an interesting twist. I just hope the church isn't all evil. That is such an overused trope. It could be that there are a few officials in the church that are corrupt and need to be ousted or something. I'd rather a mostly good but flawed church than yet a another evil cult thing.

The church won't be evil per se, but as shown in the trailer; Edelgard wants to stop all war within Fodlan by ridding it of the Crests, believing that they are the source of all conflict, it's simply a clash in ideals between Edelgard's group and the church.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The church won't be evil per se, but as shown in the trailer; Edelgard wants to stop all war within Fodlan by ridding it of the Crests, believing that they are the source of all conflict, it's simply a clash in ideals between Edelgard's group and the church. 

I'd really like that as a plot. A clash of ideals and how to preserve peace would make for some good potential world building. Something new other than "Slay evil dragon and their cult" is something FE needs now. 

7 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I'd really like that as a plot. A clash of ideals and how to preserve peace would make for some good potential world building. Something new other than "Slay evil dragon and their cult" is something FE needs now. 

The church are wanting to keep the crests and their connection to the goddess, and the higher ups in the Church to fight the army due to their actions against the church by destroying the crests, so not necessarily evil, just a bit mad at Edelgard and co. I'd be interested to see who initiates the conflict though, as Edelgard is seemingly training at the begining it seems like the main story won't kick off for a few chapters, so maybe Edelgard destroys her house's crest when she gains control of her house(her father dies or something), which makes the church mad who then declare war against Edelgard, and that is when she gets her house's allies involved. This would keep Edelgard a relevant lord throughout rather than her relevance dropping off, due to her being the initiator of the conflict by destroying the crest.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

The church are wanting to keep the crests and their connection to the goddess, and the higher ups in the Church to fight the army due to their actions against the church by destroying the crests, so not necessarily evil, just a bit mad at Edelgard and co. I'd be interested to see who initiates the conflict though, as Edelgard is seemingly training at the begining it seems like the main story won't kick off for a few chapters, so maybe Edelgard destroys her house's crest when she gains control of her house(her father dies or something), which makes the church mad who then declare war against Edelgard, and that is when she gets her house's allies involved.

I am really liking your ideas. Here's hoping that some of them are implemented in the game. Tropes have their uses and it's impossible to write a story without them, but FE's tropes have become rather stale. I can certainly see Edelgard destroying her crest if the Royal/Noble families have them.

1 minute ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I am really liking your ideas. Here's hoping that some of them are implemented in the game. Tropes have their uses and it's impossible to write a story without them, but FE's tropes have become rather stale. I can certainly see Edelgard destroying her crest if the Royal/Noble families have them.

And hopefully convince her allied houses to destroy theirs too. I could totally see one of Edelgard's allied houses turning factions due to them still being religious and wanting to keep theirs. There is tonnes of potential for Camus archetypes because of this kind of moral battle.

There is tonnes of potential for Camus archetypes because of this kind of moral battle.

Here's hoping we can recruit someone of the Camus archetype! That would be very interesting and provide more conflict within the characters.

10 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Here's hoping we can recruit someone of the Camus archetype! That would be very interesting and provide more conflict within the characters.

Well part of the Camus archetype is that they're non recruitable but that doesn't mean that you can't have multiple morally conflicted enemies, some of which are recruitable.

16 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Well part of the Camus archetype is that they're non recruitable but that doesn't mean that you can't have multiple morally conflicted enemies, some of which are recruitable.

They could try to play around with the trope, but somehow I'm expecting that they won't. Hoping they do play around with certain tropes, but I'm not holding my breath just yet. 

On 7/2/2018 at 3:07 PM, HappyHawlucha. said:

This would be a pretty cool scenario, but it might not just be the Church who would be keeping their crests. Depending on what the crests do, there would be other houses that would not want to give up their crest but are not overly religious. In the trailer Edelgard says that the crests "are tokens of the goddesses power". If this means that every crest holds a bit of the goddesses power then getting rid of them would not be a smart move as it would render your house weaker then the others around it by getting rid of it. I can see this being a major conflict with getting one of the boys recruited as well. The most interesting part of all of this is how Edelgard would convince the other houses to start getting rid of their crests to start forming her army. And a big army is going to be what is needed to fight the church since it seems to be the largest organization in the continent. I wouldn't be surprised if the head of the church is the one ruling the actual continent. All we have heard so far are that there are lords, but we have yet to meet a member of the royal family after all.