Which story structure do you predict for FE:3H?

Three Houses speculation  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which story structure do you believe Three Houses will follow?

• Traditional linear structure: all three house lords work with the protagonist from beginning to end
    • Traditional linear structure: all three house lords split off to participate on different fronts of the war, leaving the protagonist to reunite them for the lategame
    • Gaiden structure: all three house lords and/or the protagonist have separate armies and are simultaneously playable, able to move individually on the world map at the player's pace
    • Radiant Dawn structure: all three house lords and/or the protagonist have separate armies which are all controlled in the same playthrough in different Acts
    • Sacred Stones structure: the player decides to side with their choice of house lord for the early/mid game and reuintes with the other lords later
    • Fates structure: the player decides to side with their choice of house lord, with the other two becoming hostile for the remainder of the plot
    • Other structure: the player decides to side with their choice of house lord, and the other house lords are defeated by the enemy faction
    • Other (discuss)

Traditional. All three have the same lapel on their outfits and similar uniforms; I'm of the persuasion it's some kind of military acadamey and they'll generally be working together from start to finish.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Traditional. All three have the same lapel on their outfits and similar uniforms; I'm of the persuasion it's some kind of military acadamey and they'll generally be working together from start to finish.

Yeah same here 

Too early to tell but if they want to make player choice relevant I could see them pulling a Fates but instead of splitting it on carts having all three routes/games on one cart. Well, assuming they can fit three routes on one cart anyways.

I'm believe they'll go similarly to the SS route. Main characters are in the military academy together before the main conflict kicks off. The lords are pushed on different sides of the conflict. They each approach teacher for help but teacher doesn't choose until after all three has asked for assistance, so as a means for the player to choose their main lord. At some point, all of them will reunite because the crests of their three houses will complete the Fire Emblem or something.

I'm hoping it'll be something else, though. In particular, I'd like if you could choose a main lord to follow for the entire game. But each side has a different perspective on the main conflict, allowing for major differences like recruitable characters, available items and possibly maps. It would be one where the story is put together by playing through each route. But that may be asking too much, to be honest. 

I'm expecting either Gaiden or Radiant Dawn. 

Three armies that function independently, concurrently on the same map and meet up for the finale, or three armies that function independently linearly through the story, and meet up for the finale. 

Since we have a MU, I personally think it'll probably be the "all three house lords split off to participate on different fronts of the war, leaving the protagonist to reunite them for the lategame" option. They made a big deal out of having three lord characters/houses, so I doubt they would just stick them together for the whole game. SS style would be another distinct possibility. Anything that involves playing multiple armies simultaneously (in the plot, doesn't necessarily apply to battle) is unlikely, I think, since MU can't be in two places at once, and switching sides repeatedly would make MU look suspicious. They might do Fates style, but I don't want them too, since their last try at 3 "plots" was not inspiring in the slightest. 

I’m expecting probably Blazing style with Byleth transitioning between armies for certain  chapters (perhaps when one army is at peace, while another is in action for example), in the same manner Mark transferred from Lyn’s tactician to Eliwood’s. I haven’t gotten to Hector mode, so I’m not sure how his works, but I’m expecting something similar. I’m also expecting the houses to be separate at the starr but with the same goal and perhaps uniting

I'm expecting traditional but would prefer a more Gaiden style. I think that if we get to focus on all three houses it would make for a much more interesting story, but with an MU being included it would be pretty difficult to do unless we get to choose which house we want to focus on and then have them all reunite later. The tactician being there could open up side stories that the regular lords wouldn't be able to access because they don't have our experience, but otherwise leave the story as is.

Others. Similar to Fates but only half.

Different than Fates, avatar never involved in side-choice at all. We simply choose which house you want to play from the start and we played as the traditional Lord from any house we choose.

Every houses has their own default avatar, and we will able to customize the house's avatar that we choose to play.

Another differences than Fates, all factions / houses will have the same classes for their own forces. Because, if every house has their own default restricted classes (like nohr-hoshido classes, OR even may have the worst simple example like most FE stereotypes : country/house A have cavalier but doesn't have pegasus and wyvern, country/house B have pegasus but doesn't have cavalier and wyvern, country/house C have wyvern but doesn't have pegasus and cavalier), then this FE3H is nothing than an unfunny and shameful parody of Tactical RPG. The uniqueness of unit-types must be restricted to the each Lord's and the Avatar's unit only.

The rest will be the same. We will play triple-threat / triangle-faction wars with the house' own storylines and their own linear prologue - epilogue.

And last difference than Fates : it will be No-Revelation crap. Each faction must destroying each others. Any types of Enemy-together like Dragon, Goddess, or Demon will NOT exist. Only ONE house may stand in the end. Even unconvinced captured enemy's character units (in the story) will be able to executed, including the captured enemy's avatar and the enemy Lord's siblings. Both enemy's Lords must die in the end. Supports will only restricted to characters in own faction only.

We predict FE3H may have multi-canon story. Each faction story may considered a canon. So, it will have the most complex story if "appears" in Warriors-series.

Edited by illegal knight

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I picked option one out of skepticism about IS' current writers' ability to do anything more varied. Harsh, I know, and I look forward to being proven wrong!

The results may be questionable, but IS has always been ambitious. I expect them to attempt something complex, because history shows that is what they strive for.

7 hours ago, illegal knight said:

Others. Similar to Fates but only half.

Different than Fates, avatar never involved in side-choice at all. We simply choose which house you want to play from the start and we played as the traditional Lord from any house we choose.

Every houses has their own default avatar, and we will able to customize the house's avatar that we choose to play.

Another differences than Fates, all factions / houses will have the same classes for their own forces. Because, if every house has their own default restricted classes (like nohr-hoshido classes, OR even may have the worst simple example like most FE stereotypes : country/house A have cavalier but doesn't have pegasus and wyvern, country/house B have pegasus but doesn't have cavalier and wyvern, country/house C have wyvern but doesn't have pegasus and cavalier), then this FE3H is nothing than an unfunny and shameful parody of Tactical RPG. The uniqueness of unit-types must be restricted to the each Lord's and the Avatar's unit only.

The rest will be the same. We will play triple-threat / triangle-faction wars with the house' own storylines and their own linear prologue - epilogue.

And last difference than Fates : it will be No-Revelation crap. Each faction must destroying each others. Any types of Enemy-together like Dragon, Goddess, or Demon will NOT exist. Only ONE house may stand in the end. Even unconvinced captured enemy's character units (in the story) will be able to executed, including the captured enemy's avatar and the enemy Lord's siblings. Both enemy's Lords must die in the end. Supports will only restricted to characters in own faction only.

We predict FE3H may have multi-canon story. Each faction story may considered a canon. So, it will have the most complex story if "appears" in Warriors-series.

This post confuses me.

7 hours ago, jake72002 said:

you choose one of the three Lords to ally and defeat others or betray everyone and do a Lelouch! (be the villain in order to unite everyone against yourself ?)

If a King does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow? Oooh, I want this so bad right now!

I think I'll keep my expectations low and say that the three lords will remain with the protagonist until the end. Please, please, please prove me wrong!

5 hours ago, Lau said:

If a King does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow? Oooh, I want this so bad right now!

I think I'll keep my expectations low and say that the three lords will remain with the protagonist until the end. Please, please, please prove me wrong!

ROFL

I chose traditional, since they are all dressed similar and look like they will be apart of the same Army like TheDanMan said. Though I do feel, we will be able to pick our main lord (Ala Eliwood/Hector mode) which will have some effect on the story but it will overall come to the same ending.

I predict a Blazing Blade traditional route. Each of the three lords will get their own mode with subtle changes and different difficulties. Edelgard will have the shortest and easiest. Dimitri will be the middle ground. Claude will have the hardest and have a few extra chapters. However the basic story will remain the same throughout.