Since the old Fire Emblem Switch Leaks thread probably won't be used much anymore, I'm starting a Wild Mass Guessing thread for Three Houses.

Here are mine to start with:

• Dimitri's kingdom invades Edelguard's at some point
  • The teacher is connected to the villains
  • LOVE TRIANGLE (for who gets Claude)
  • Roster will consist of about 40 characters. My exact guess is 37, not including DLC.

1 hour ago, Solvaij said:

Roster will consist of about 40 characters. My exact guess is 37, not including DLC.

I'm gonna guess the opposite and say it'll be a smaller cast.  If a lot of characters are getting command over their own generic soldiers, then I imagine said characters would have to be people of relatively high rank, i.e. nobles, that I don't imagine there would be many of.

Also, Edelgarde is going to get seriously shafted as a unit because infantry axe user.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm gonna guess the opposite and say it'll be a smaller cast.  If a lot of characters are getting command over their own generic soldiers, then I imagine said characters would have to be people of relatively high rank, i.e. nobles, that I don't imagine there would be many of.

To me, small cast means about 25-30 and big is the 75-ish of Radiant Dawn and New Mystery. I'm guessing 37 because I think they'll want a small cast for exactly the reason you said, but I also think it'll probably be a pretty long game, so they might need a few more?

Alright!

• The avatar is actually working behind the scenes Anankos-style to get the houses to fight each-other. They can then swoop in and take power while looking like the hero.
  • Each of the three houses will have ~15 playable characters, for ~50 units in total.
  • This game will be FE's longest yet, with at least 60 chapters (including paralogues)
  • Each unit can pick from a short list of formations, and they have minor effects on combat performance. They will be: Attack (triangle), Defence, (rectangle), and Speed (incoherent). Range 2 units will also be able to have a formation that gives them close counter (a horseshoe?) and fliers will have a formation where they fly really high, increasing evasion dramatically.
  • There won't be child units this time.
  • The 21 crests are used in some form of evil dragon-summoning ritual.