Hi c:

Chopper...

I've actually been here since 2016, reading news and general info about basically every FE game there is, but I'm not that good at integrating myself, I've never participated in a gaming community as large as this before. Now that the Three Houses trailer is out and I'm really hyped, I wanted to change that :3

I've played every FE game except for PoR and RD because I never owned a Wii (not because I didn't want to...) I've also yet to play Echoes, which I will as soon as I can, but I played Gaiden so I guess I have the basics of it.

Anyways, I really really like this site, I really want to meet you all and talk about FE all day everyday with everyone! Have a great day/week C:

Welcome to the Forest, Boring Panda!

Jumping on the hype train? I did the same when Fates came arround.

Thank you, have a nice day too and enjoy your stay!

Thank you so much for answering!! I really appreciate it!

I thought the trailer was awesome but kind of short! I wish they'd show us some of the gameplay at the Treehouse live or something, I can already tell the wait will kill me (I already suffered so much waiting for Fates since the teaser...). Meanwhile, I've already watched the Three Houses trailer so many times I've been able to detail some stuff and now have some theories. I've been wanting to share it in the respective topic to see if someone agrees!

What did you two think about the trailer? Did you like it? Or was it different from what you wanted?

Thank you again :D: !

9 hours ago, Boring Panda said:

What did you two think about the trailer? Did you like it? Or was it different from what you wanted?

The trailer acts as a teaser and as such we don't see a lot of stuff. Nevertheless from what I saw I can tell the following :

-I find the game to be dull, like, there is a lack of colors. I don't say it looks bad or anything but visually it lacks something to me. It looks a lot like PoR/RD by the way.

-The gameplay is still clad in mystery, especially the fact that Edelgard get to have Magic though she's using conventional Weapons and thus have access to Combat Arts too. There is also the Formation system who still needs explanation.

-My Castle makes a return and that's cool. The thing is on top of a mountain, heck it is the top of the mountain and seems gigantic.

Final note, I can't say if I like what I saw but that's promising and I want to see more.

40 minutes ago, Ycine said:

The trailer acts as a teaser and as such we don't see a lot of stuff. Nevertheless from what I saw I can tell the following :

-I find the game to be dull, like, there is a lack of colors. I don't say it looks bad or anything but visually it lacks something to me. It looks a lot like PoR/RD by the way.

-The gameplay is still clad in mystery, especially the fact that Edelgard get to have Magic though she's using conventional Weapons and thus have access to Combat Arts too. There is also the Formation system who still needs explanation.

-My Castle makes a return and that's cool. The thing is on top of a mountain, heck it is the top of the mountain and seems gigantic.

Final note, I can't say if I like what I saw but that's promising and I want to see more.

-I understand what you mean, I did think the aesthetic, while really good, was much less warm in color and overall unremarkable. I liked it, but not loved it :(:

-I know the Formation system was something they've been wanting to implement since the making of Genealogy of the Holy War, taking inspiration from Advance Wars. But in every scene in the trailer, the troops just stand there or run a little, I never see them fighting or attacking except for the archers (some mages attacked but at the ground, they didn't hit anyone). So I'm worried about it... I hope it's not just choosing a formation without the actual soldiers doing much more than bumping into each other.

-I loved that!! It got me really hyped! I like MyCastle a lot and this looks soo much better!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me, I know we've yet to see something more concrete but I can't help myself, haha, I love this series ❤

23 hours ago, Ycine said:

Jumping on the hype train? I did the same when Fates came arround.

For real though.

22 hours ago, Boring Panda said:

The first time I watched it, I was kind of unimpressed. The lore still doesn't impress me, but I think the first time, I let it put a bad taste in my mouth and then I didn't like the way the gameplay looked either. After watching it a few more times though, I am pretty excited for the gameplay. I hope the formation thing doesn't end up being just another obnoxious gimmick, because right now I think it could definitely go that way. The avatar looks pretty cool, and even though I was sort of hoping we wouldn't have one this time around, I think the teacher role is a GREAT place for the avatar to be.

What are your theories?

10 hours ago, Solvaij said:

For real though.

The first time I watched it, I was kind of unimpressed. The lore still doesn't impress me, but I think the first time, I let it put a bad taste in my mouth and then I didn't like the way the gameplay looked either. After watching it a few more times though, I am pretty excited for the gameplay. I hope the formation thing doesn't end up being just another obnoxious gimmick, because right now I think it could definitely go that way. The avatar looks pretty cool, and even though I was sort of hoping we wouldn't have one this time around, I think the teacher role is a GREAT place for the avatar to be.

What are your theories?

I think the teasers and trailers for Fates really set the bar high, they were truly well made, had me obssesed for a year and a half straight, haha :P:. So maybe we were all expecting a teaser as tense and dramatic as those, and that's why people aren't as hyped by this one (yet!).

So I understand! Even though I found it awesome, it didn't make me feel the same those Fates trailers did. It's more my love for the series what makes me so excited for 3H :D:

As for the theories, I already posted them Here ! In case you'd like to take a look :):