Wanted Bound Hero Battle Pairs

mcsilas

So you know how Bound Hero Battles come with a featured pair?

What pairs would you like to see? And for fun, maybe what 3 person banner would come with the BHB?

Some of my ideas-

Ryoma and Sakura. 3rd unit could be Hinoka for colour balance. I imagine Sakura Dazzling Fear strats to make Ryoma hard to ORKO. Maybe Ryoma could have Heavy Blade to take advantage of Fear+ debuffs.

Kaze and Saizo, 3rd banner unit could be Kagero. I imagine a narrow map with breakable walls so they can safely mass debuff. (Conquest Ninja cave map maybe?)

Leo and Elise. They can buff each other, while Elise employs Gravity+ shenanigans. Camilla as 3rd banner unit.

Shiro and Siegbert. Shigure as 3rd banner unit (or F Kana for better colour balance). Not sure how they can do it, but could be interesting with how Siegbert is a player phase monster and Shiro is enemy phase tank- maybe something with Tactic skills. Map could be one of the Valla maps in Heirs of Fate DLC where they work together.

Ike and Soren/Mist. If Mist, then she can use Dazzling Slow shenanigans to make Ike harder to take down. Otherwise, Soren could use a double Chill strategy with Wind's Brand.

Micaiah and Sothe. Sanaki as 3rd banner unit. Micaiah could threaten armour/cavalry while Sothe deletes Restanks and debuffs.

Leif and Nanna - Banner could have Olwen to have a good colour spread. Or maybe randomly Ishtar.

Karla and Bartre - Fir would be the 3rd banner unit. Maybe Bartre has Spd Smoke to support his wife's Vassal Blade.

Cain and Abel with Jagen as 3rd banner unit. They horse buff each other.

Merric and Linde- will go great with their new refines. Not sure who 3rd unit is...maybe Marth?

Clair and Gray- their anti-cav and anti-armour weapons could make a nice challenge. 3rd unit would be Alm.

Sonya and Genny. Could be a good challenge with their nice offenses, and maybe Ploy shenanigans. 3rd unit would be Celica (or Saber).

Boey and Mae. Maybe a tight map that makes their Owl tomes shine. 3rd unit can be Genny or Celica.

Eldigan and Lachesis. Lachesis uses a refined Absorb to heal off Eldigan's Fury damage. 3rd unit can be...Ares maybe?

Sigurd and Deirdre, needs to happen. 3rd unit can probably be Seliph. Deirdre would have Ploys to make Sigurd even more bulkier.

Klein and Clarine. 3rd banner unit Cecilia? Clarine uses Dazzling Fear and maybe Klein has a sweep skill or something. 

And for some special ones:

Groom Marth and Bridal Caeda (maybe gives Groom Marth IVs if he's put in a banner like Kaze- banner would be him, Bride Caeda and..not quite sure of the 3rd one. Maybe Merric? He looks pastor-y haha)

Lloyd and Linus - okay maybe this would be more like a special GHB that gives orbs but eh. If they were theoretically put into a banner then Linus, Lloyd and Jaffar/Nino/Legault works.

Similarly, Zephiel and Narcian. Narcian can probably have Guidance if they want to replace Savage Blow, and deals with the blues that Zephiel would have trouble with.

Fjorm and Gunnthra - maybe in the future when their brother/sister gets released it could work as a special Legendary Hero-themed BHB.

Edited by mcsilas

Hinata and Oboro as the best retainer team would be nice... (and get Takumi as the third banner option)

Other than that, if they are ever released in the game I would love to have a Bound Hero battle with Tibarn and Reyson at some point (with another shifter as the third option. I imagine having a buffed up Tibarn danced at you (along with a whole host of shifter npcs) would be pretty scary if done right.

Micaiah and Zelgius could be a pretty neat deal too. Sothe could be the third banner unit then. 

12 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Also, it's Bound Hero Battles, not Bond Hero Battles.

A precaution taken for the sake of avoiding the word "Bondage".  This said, I have a hard time seeing how anyone would get Hawkeye in bondage, what could possibly tie him up? 

I could think of a bunch of BHBs, but they'd all require characters not in this game yet. This said, Fangs of the Night- Legault and Jaffar- two stealthy knivers of the Black Fang, is an idea. With Matthew on the banner since he also displays sneaky abilities, and they all have Supports with each other in FE7.

Well, if you want a Bond Hero Battle, I am going to have to say Chrom and M/F!Robin are perfect. If they ever release FH!Chrom or something, pairing him up with FH/FV!Robin would be even more awesome.

As for regular Bound Hero Battles, I wish they would increase the difficulty slightly more with 3 or 4 Heroes instead of just 2, since Heroes tend to have better stat distribution and some have access to unique skills.

For the pairings, I want to see Olivia and Azura with a full team of Firesweep archers/healers with 80% HP to activate Brazen Atk/Spd and have Luna/Miracle charged. I guess they can add Lene and/or Ninian as the third and/or fourth Dancer/Singer for summoning.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Lyn and Florina (third unit can easily be Serra, Ninian, Hector, or Eliwood).

Beaten to it...

My list may include limited units and units who aren't in the game yet. Thinking of the future and how I would do it with all options open.

Lyn and Florina - Ninian as the third banner unit. Map based on FE7 Ch 3 where Florina is recruited.

Eliwood and Roy - Hector as third banner unit. Map based on Elibe castle.

Karla and Karel - Bartre as third banner unit. Meme worthy. Map based on Pale Flower of Darkness from FE7.

Micaiah and Sothe - Sanaki as third banner unit. Map based on Ch 10 of Radiant Dawn.

Ike and Soren - Oscar as third banner unit. Map based on Ch 5 of Path of Radiance.

Mist and Jill - Titania as third banner unit. Map based on Ch 20 of Path of Radiance.

Robin (F) and Lucina - Chrom as third banner unit. Map based on Ch 6 of Awakening.

Robin (M) and Tharja - Henry as third banner unit. Map based on Ch 9 of Awakening.

Corrin (F) and Azura (Performing Arts) - Jakob as third banner unit. Map based on Revelation Ch 7.

Sakura and Hana - Subaki as third banner unit. Map based on Birthright Ch 7.

Ryoma and Scarlet - Saizo as third banner unit. Map based on Birthright Ch 13.

Camilla and Elise - Leo as third banner unit. Map based on Conquest Ch 10.

Leo and Niles - Odin as third banner unit. Map based on Conquest Ch 8.

That ended up being more than I thought I would list, and I could easily think of more...

Luke and Roderick: for no other reason than to let these two finally get on another banner; map: Young Squires (Prologue-2 of FE12), third banner unit: Gordin

Kaze and F!Corrin; map: Hoshido (Chapter 4 of FE14), third banner unit: Gunter

Ares and Lene: because this combination wasn't cancerous enough in Book II, Chapter 9; map: Passing the Desert, the section around Darna (Chapter 7 of FE4), third banner unit: Nanna

Florina and Pale Flower Nino; map: Night of Farewells (Chapter 26x/28x of FE7), third banner unit: Jaffar

Knight Exalt Chrom and Frederick; map: The Seafarers (Chapter 12 of FE13), third banner unit: High Deliverer Robin

Anamnesis Lady Eirika and L'Arachel; map: Last Hope (Chapter 19 of FE8), third banner unit: Innes

Myrrh and Ephraim oniichan comes to mind, Erika is the third unit

I would appreciate Ike and Mist, Soren as the third unit

Micaiah and Zelgius would be cool, Sothe is the third unit

Valter and Dussel would be neat, L'arachel is the third unit

Sephrian and Sanaki is a nice one of corse Zelgius would be the third unit

- Chrom and Robin: A really interesting duo, and they both contrast each other stat-wise, weapon-wise and color-wise. Robin is like Chrom's best friend, also if you put Green Robin she covers Chrom's threats to some degree, and also it could mean husband and wife for some people who married Robin to Chrom.

- Ares and Lene - Because Ares' followed his true destiny thanks to her.

- Caeda and Marth - First ever royal couple.

Gray and Tobin - Let the two bros have some bonding time. I would be a pretty though map though, both covering prime units. The third banner unit could be Faye or Alm. The map could be the thieves shrine boss battle against the brigand boss

Ephriam and Innes - Since Tana was taken, let’s go with Innes’ rival. The map would be from Scorched Sands, the part where Valter is located. Innes, a red mage, and a sword Cav would probably start at the top of the screen though 

That is all the ideas I have now

We already got Raven and Lucius which is really all I could ever ask for. XD But some others I wouldn't mind seeing:

Ike and Soren - Whether you prefer a romantic or platonic relationship between these two, they're still pretty close and practically attached at the hip regardless. Makes for a good theme. Mist would probably end up being the third wheel third person on he banner, but I wouldn't mind seeing like...Oscar thrown in there instead. 

Marth and Merric - Best bros in more way than one. Merric and Linde work together too...or even something like Marth and Jagen. XD Would definitely prefer Merric and Elice though.

Basically any of the Christmas "knights" - Cain/Abel, Roderick/Luke, Sully/Stahl, Saizo/Kaze... It's probably the easiet theme to use. XD I'm surprised they haven't used it yet... I guess Sully and Stahl wouldn't make for a really great banner...but I think it'd be cool to see IS beef those two up.

Eirika and Lyon - Not going to happen unless he gets released into the main pool...but a gal can dream. lol 

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Lloyd and Linus - okay maybe this would be more like a special GHB that gives orbs but eh. If they were theoretically put into a banner then Linus, Lloyd and Jaffar/Nino/Legault works.

24 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Eirika and Lyon - Not going to happen unless he gets released into the main pool...but a gal can dream. lol 

There was a time when GHB and BHB banners were units that were best used against the characters on the map rather than being the characters on the map. IS could do that for the banner.

Xander and Veronica. I am completely serious on this one. It makes sense given their bond in the story, and IS need not explain it. (IMO all the BHB Battles are non-canon/ happen outside the story's reach).

Olivia and PA'Inigo

Black Knight and Zelgius - Bound in a slightly different way

Male Morgan and Female Morgan (Same as Zelgius. Also, M&M lol)

Edited by Arcphoenix

Gunnthra and Fjorm as a Legendary bound hero battle that shreds everyone to dust compared to the other Legendary hero battles.

Alfonse and Sharena as a BHB but with upgraded refined weapon

Veronica and Bruno as a BHB but with upgraded refined weapon

Hector Eliwood and Lyn as a BHB that introduces 3 Heroes in one battle for the first time!

a Grand conquest large map BHB with FE: Revelations: Battle against Xander, Ryoma, Leo, Takumi, Camilla, Hinoka, Elise and Sakura.

This list could never end!

Honestly, I would love to see BHBs that don't involve characters of the same game. It's a bit pointless to keep having characters from the same game - especially if they already have supports in their original game...

I'd like to see similar personalities or something:

Navarre and Karel

Oscar and Stahl

Fae and F!Kana (or M!Kana but he's GHB)

Effie and Sully

Reinhardt and Eldigan

Reinhardt and Seth

Etc.

Can have opposing personalities, too, those were just some examples that came to my mind. I'd like to see more interactions between characters of different games.

21 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Also, it's Bound Hero Battles, not Bond Hero Battles.

Ah my mistake. Still strange since I think of the two having a bond which is why my mind replaces that word! 

@Cute Chao Hmm, that;s interesting. Would be intriguing if they have any cross-timeline interactions like Lucina and Odin (cousins battle? Lissa as 3rd banner unit), Karel and FE6 Bartre (Karla as 3rd banner), Olivia and Soleil (Laslow as 3rd unit) or say, Sigurd/Deirdre and Seliph. Maybe Male Morgan and Odin as a pseudo-Justice Cabal (with Cynthia as 3rd unit whenever she comes in)

As for normal pairs, I forgot about this but Nino and Jaffar seems like a classic combo. Legault would be the 3rd banner unit.

Eliwood and Hector would be a classic duo as well. Lyn would be the 3rd unit.

@Arcphoenix True, I'd like to see those Battling X banners come back in some way. I guess BHB banners replaced them. 

I’m only looking at characters already in the game for these, so...

Lyn and Florina

Ike and Mist/Soren/Titania

Marth and Caeda

Klein and Clarine

Fir and Bartre/Karel or Karel and Karla

Camilla/Leo and Elise

Ryoma and Sakura

Male Robin and Female Morgan

Saizo and Kaze

Merric and Linde 

Palla and Est

Draug and Gordin (But Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars!)

Roy and Shanna

Sanaki and Micaiah

<sarcasm>Shizas and Berkut.  At the Border.  Have Fernand be the third entry in the banner.</sarcasm>

Personally I'd like to see Sumia and Cordelia in a pairing with the map based on Breakneck Pass, but the ideal third entry in the banner would be Phila, and I don't think she's got a good shot of getting into the summoning pool.  (Yeah, I know Sumia's not currently in Heroes...)

And if we ever get those laguz in the game, maybe Lethe/Lyre would be an excellent pairing, maybe on the 3-6 map from Radiant Dawn.  Of course, the ideal third for the banner (Kyza) would be stirring the pot a bit...